IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi hi, I'm actually a bad example for 2ww. For my #1, I went back to work the next day, n flew to US on 10dpo. Took a bunch of domestic flights, eat crappy burgers everyday, spent the whole day on my feet at Disney World, went on Caribbean cruise. Think I was the most bo chup patient ever in NUH. Maybe cos I had so many failures before where I guai guai went on bedrest until backside mouldy, everyday just google symptoms until I go mad, n nothing happened. So that time round I was determined to just live life normally n go ahead with my holiday plans n not think too much abt the results. Call it self defense mechanism. To tiao my body I did acupuncture at Raffles Hospital TCM for 2+ years - ya, took me that long to "graduate". Think it did helped cos I had less AF cramps n blood clots over time. Food wise I tried to eat more egg whites during my cycle, n abstain from cold drinks. But other than that nothing special. For my #2, no preparation at all, no TCM, no special diet/restrictions, cos I was too busy n tired running after my #1. I know it's easier said than done but just try to stay positive, keep a 平常心, n eat well sleep well. My TCM always nag at me to give up my weekly mahjong sessions n sleep before 11, cos if not the body cannot recover from the daily stress. I also believe sometimes it's luck n fate. We just try our best, so we have no regrets. Don't get too stressed over what to eat/not to eat, what to do/not to do. Hope u get your miracle soon. Jia you!
Thank you for your reply. Ya you are right , sometimes it is luck and fate.

Hi same as bbcrips, after failing 2 times I decide to take it easy and do the usual things rather than just resting on the bed. 4dpt I took long flight to USA as well. I drank cold drinks, coffee, ate fast food, even took long hours drive to sightsee and visit different states. Was surprised that BT was positive when back :)
So admire of you and bbcrips , I hope I will have fate and luck too for coming Ivf .

Hi everyone, I am new here. I am looking at options to get pregnant but understand that in Singapore you can't go through ivf if you are unmarried. I am pushing 42 this year and when I went to see my gynaecologist yesterday, she told me that if I want to get pregnant this is my last chance, I should not hesitate and should just go for ivf. my partner and I have no intention of getting married but we do want to have a baby together. Anyone have similar suiuation and similar age bracket that can share some information on where to can I get IVF done beside in Singapore? Any suggestion will be highly appreciated. Thanks so much.

there are many type of people ..one of the most disgusting ones i came across here is that she already has lots of children yet still want 'try' ivf..her words. I feel like this should not be given the grant but more grants to those who tried many many times no news. Sigh..very unfair world
Actually why r u affected? to each her own...if she can afford to have many kids as in provide quality life to each of them, there is no wrong in her wanting to have another kid.

i bfp on my short cycle, long cycle not any chance at all. Why doc gave u long cycle this time? By right if u successful on short cycle should continue using that same successful formula

hi @mrandmrsh , i think dr wants to give long protocol to see if there will be more follicles. Previous cycle has only 5 follicles. As the long protocol results to 5 follicles again despite high stim dosage and failed fertilisation, I ask dr to revert back to short protocol for my next ivf cycle. btw my previous account twinklelight has some technical issues - Take forever to load and submit a page. So I create a new smh acct :)

hi everyone, I am going for IVF counselling next week and hope to start my first cycle soon.

May I know for those who have gone through endo scratch, how is it like? I heard that it's painful and some said it is similar to HSG?

And also, I read somewhere that a lady here woke up in the midst of her ER! OMG does this happen often. I have never been under GA before and the thought of waking up in the midst is scary.

hi everyone, I am going for IVF counselling next week and hope to start my first cycle soon.

May I know for those who have gone through endo scratch, how is it like? I heard that it's painful and some said it is similar to HSG?

And also, I read somewhere that a lady here woke up in the midst of her ER! OMG does this happen often. I have never been under GA before and the thought of waking up in the midst is scary.

hi, i have been in GA before, its natural to feel some anxiety, but the GA is really like falling asleep and waking up once everything is over ! :)

My endocratch was painful...Tot like pap smear but turns out painful! Mayb bcoz i miss breakfast And i nearly fainted post scratch.Well hey diferent pple experienced diferently...Aniway wats more painful den giving birth right...Lol!
For Er a total sleep..Post Er menstrual cramps.Dats all...
All the best for ur first cycle.May it hit jackpot first timer like some here.....

My endocratch was painful...Tot like pap smear but turns out painful! Mayb bcoz i miss breakfast And i nearly fainted post scratch.Well hey diferent pple experienced diferently...Aniway wats more painful den giving birth right...Lol!
All the best for ur first cycle.May it hit jackpot first timer like some here.....
did u ask dr tan hh endo scratch is do 1 time advisable since it scratch e womb or can do another time for next try or not advisable?if so,is there a waiting interval before e next 1 can be done?

For my ER, I wasn't under GA but was sedated. Apparently I moved during the procedure due to the pain so they increased the dosage. However, I didn't remember anything at all. :p

ehhh...forgot to tell you to pop 2 panadols first before you go for the endo-scratch. It works somehow..

Oh dear, that sounds painful. I will remember to take some painkillers before the scratch.

Thanks! Baby dust to us all!

did u ask dr tan hh endo scratch is do 1 time advisable since it scratch e womb or can do another time for next try or not advisable?if so,is there a waiting interval before e next 1 can be done?
He din sugest scratch.im the one proposing to him after reading auccess frm this forum.unfortunately mine din succeed despite the scratch..

Dear Ladies... any of you on gonal f and menopur for your cycle? How's the yield?
My 2nd cycle added menopur 150units...However due to my low reserve i only manage to yield total 6 only from previous 1st cycle of 4. Yet both were unsuccessful still...

I was on 75 gonal f and 150 menopur and my results were great. From 14 mature eggs got 7 blasts.
My previous was only on puregon and result only 5 embies which only day 3 de
Your results is really good!:) My doctor gg to put me on 300 gonal f and 150 menopur! Hopefully can have good results like yours!
My 1st cycle was on gonal f 300 got 11 matured eggs and 5 d2 embryos..

Last edited:
My 2nd cycle added menopur 150units...However due to my low reserve i only manage to yield total 6 only from previous 1st cycle of 4. Yet both were unsuccessful still...
My Amh also low... was on gonal f 300 for 1st cycle. The 2nd cycle, doctor gg to add on menopur 150. I keep telling him I want focus on the quality... so hopefully can have better results with menopur..
Hajar.. u jiayou ya. BB will come soon de!

Your results is really good!:) My doctor gg to put me on 300 gonal f and 150 menopur! Hopefully can have good results like yours!
My 1st cycle was on gonal f 300 got 11 matured eggs and 5 d2 embryos..

11 matured good leh. If only got 5 day 2 embies maybe hubby's sperm not good oso.

I just did my endo scratch..it was bearable..i think hsg was worse..slight cramping only nw..

Hi all, I'm officially back in the entire cycle again. Had endo scratch last sat. Bearable pain but spotting non stop and was a little confusing on when first day of menses is. So I roughly decided when I filled up one pad according to nurse.

Just went for my first scan and had my first jab this morning. It's my 2nd fresh but first fresh with KKH. Pretty surprise that KKH just require us to go back once or twice for scanning. First scan today then next scan 10 days later and then almost ready for ER in a few days after 2nd scan. So different as NUH cos NUH is scan and blood test every 3-4 days.

Jab wise.. it's different from NUH.
Garinelix for 3 days. Then start Gonal F and Menopur. A few days later, 3 jabs a day. Rather scary to have 3 jabs a day. It's a plan to prepare eggs suitable for cultivation of blastocysts. NUH don't have a plan for blasts from start.

Anyone with similar plans at KKH?
Brewing my red bean soup and starting my 4eggs a day since yest. Will drink my raspberry tea tonight.

Interesting sharing on experiences w nuh and kkh. Based on what i read from a Fb ivf support group, some ladies transferred non blasts where there are cases of bfp cases which haven't reached blast stage yet. I think kkh would also depend on the no of mature eggs from the lady. If eggs are few, don't think will do blasts right?

(I did 2 ivf cycles in nuh)

Hi all, I'm officially back in the entire cycle again. Had endo scratch last sat. Bearable pain but spotting non stop and was a little confusing on when first day of menses is. So I roughly decided when I filled up one pad according to nurse.

Just went for my first scan and had my first jab this morning. It's my 2nd fresh but first fresh with KKH. Pretty surprise that KKH just require us to go back once or twice for scanning. First scan today then next scan 10 days later and then almost ready for ER in a few days after 2nd scan. So different as NUH cos NUH is scan and blood test every 3-4 days.

Garinelix for 3 days. Then start Gonal F and Menopur. A few days later, 3 jabs a day. Rather scary to have 3 jabs a day. It's a plan to prepare eggs suitable for cultivation of blastocysts. NUH don't have a plan for blasts from start.

Brewing my red bean soup and starting my 4eggs a day since yest. Will drink my raspberry tea tonight.

Interesting sharing on experiences w nuh and kkh. Based on what i read from a Fb ivf support group, some ladies transferred non blasts where there are cases of bfp cases which haven't reached blast stage yet. I think kkh would also depend on the no of mature eggs from the lady. If eggs are few, don't think will do blasts right?

Ur cycle in Nuh success?
Diferent hospital diferent treatment plan..

Yes, after Eggs are retrieved, kkh standard protocol will be to schedule u for Transfer 2 to 3 days later. But on the day of transfer, you may be asked to postpone your transfer till day 5 if the fertilization rate is high (say >10?) . Which means your embryos will be cultivated to blasts and you will have a chance to transfer blasts. They may cultivate all or partial, depending on ur kkh doc.

Are you on long or short protocol this cycle ?

My Amh also low... was on gonal f 300 for 1st cycle. The 2nd cycle, doctor gg to add on menopur 150. I keep telling him I want focus on the quality... so hopefully can have better results with menopur..
Hajar.. u jiayou ya. BB will come soon de!

I was on a similar protocol as you. Used gonal f 300iu but lucrin 0.1ml (instead of menopur). Managed to yield 16 eggs with 15 fertilised and 8 day 5 embryos. Hope you'll have an improved yield from addition of menopur :)

I had mild OHSS though… but still unbearable for the 7 days post ER. I stayed in bed mostly till the OHSS subsided. If you're up for it, you can start on high protein foods to minimise the risk.

Ur cycle in Nuh success?
Diferent hospital diferent treatment plan..

hi @hajar, my 1st ivf using short protocol with nuh is a success. my child is 20 month old now.. Recently did a second ivf with nuh to try for #2 but not successful with long protocol.

I don't have frosties in both cycles and having declining ovarian reserve. Wanna ask.. How long will one will try for #2 using ivf until we tell ourselves its time to stop?

Back