ImageUploadedByForum1474986564.373657.jpg

Hi u have started the cycle? I started my Long protocol injection on 19th september & stimulation injection on the 1st oct 2016.. nw awaiting for the 6th to see if my follicles have grown.. hw bout urs?

Hi, may I know if I am doing IUI in Oct (and assuming it fails), can I immediately proceed with IVF in Nov?

Hi catinthesky,
Yes u can start your ivf cycle in Nov. I was with NUH on short protocol and last did my 3rd failed iui in April. Started ivf cycle the following month.
In your case, assuming if u are with nuh and your period comes this month, u have to call the hosp and inform them u want do ivf. they will arrange a date for u and your hubby for counselling, and u will be on nor-e med on day 18 of your cycle for 10 days. Your next menses should come within 5 days of stopping the nor-e, and the actual ivf stimulation jab will start.
Dun worry, nurses will explain what u need to do.
Ohh btw, have u gone for any ivf briefing organised by nuh? I think they hold the briefing once every 6 weeks which can help understand the whole ivf process better. Can check it with nurse :)

Hi catinthesky,
Yes u can start your ivf cycle in Nov. I was with NUH on short protocol and last did my 3rd failed iui in April. Started ivf cycle the following month.
In your case, assuming if u are with nuh and your period comes this month, u have to call the hosp and inform them u want do ivf. they will arrange a date for u and your hubby for counselling, and u will be on nor-e med on day 18 of your cycle for 10 days. Your next menses should come within 5 days of stopping the nor-e, and the actual ivf stimulation jab will start.
Dun worry, nurses will explain what u need to do.
Ohh btw, have u gone for any ivf briefing organised by nuh? I think they hold the briefing once every 6 weeks which can help understand the whole ivf process better. Can check it with nurse :)

Hi ffan, thanks so much for the information! Yes I am with NUH :)

So let's say if my CD18 is 14 Nov, I will be taking Nor-E till around 23 Nov, then wait for menses to come and start the ivf jabs. How many days of jabs before the ET day? And ET to ER is how many days?

Sorry for my many questions. I am planning my work schedule and intend to inform my boss of the plans as there are some important work events coming up in Nov. So stress trying to plan around it :eek:

Oh I didn't know there is an IVF briefing by NUH! Will ask about it when I see them for IUI next week.

How many days of jabs before the ET day? And ET to ER is how many days?
For myself, I had about 9 days of jabs before my ER..but every woman is different. u gotta go to the clinic on average once every 3 days for scans to monitor the follicles' growth. Once near the ideal follicle size of 18mm, doc will ask u do trigger shot at 36 hours before ER.
Ohh and u mean from ER to ET how many days, not the other way round ;) . If u gg to do fresh transfer, it will depend on how many days your fertilized embryos can be cultured to. Best is to have blastocysts of course, which is 5 days.
But if u have risk of OHSS, doc will usually advise u to do FET instead of fresh.
Fully understand your concern on work schedule since u will be given at least 2 weeks HL from ER.
Hopefully u will be able to manage well! Dun worry too much for now. Who knows, u could strike on your this iui :) All the best!

For myself, I had about 9 days of jabs before my ER..but every woman is different. u gotta go to the clinic on average once every 3 days for scans to monitor the follicles' growth. Once near the ideal follicle size of 18mm, doc will ask u do trigger shot at 36 hours before ER.
Ohh and u mean from ER to ET how many days, not the other way round ;) . If u gg to do fresh transfer, it will depend on how many days your fertilized embryos can be cultured to. Best is to have blastocysts of course, which is 5 days.
But if u have risk of OHSS, doc will usually advise u to do FET instead of fresh.
Fully understand your concern on work schedule since u will be given at least 2 weeks HL from ER.
Hopefully u will be able to manage well! Dun worry too much for now. Who knows, u could strike on your this iui :) All the best!

Thanks for the information! It's very helpful in planning my schedule.

Yes hoping my IUI will be successful this round too!

Hi there i am going to start my 2nd IVF cycle in Nov... I managed to conceive with the 1st try this Jan but it ended in right eptopic. Hope everything will go smoothly this time...

Hi I everyone. I'm new here. I am trying IVF this Nov/ Dec cycle. Can anyone enlightened me what to expect. I have a pair of twin boys aged 5yrs old via IUI. They were my first IUI attempt. subsequently, trying for no.3 Did 3 attempts of IUI with the same gynae but failed. Currently I changed to Dr Sadhana for IVF.. I am kind of nervous. What to expect and what will I be going through.

Hi I everyone. I'm new here. I am trying IVF this Nov/ Dec cycle. Can anyone enlightened me what to expect. I have a pair of twin boys aged 5yrs old via IUI. They were my first IUI attempt. subsequently, trying for no.3 Did 3 attempts of IUI with the same gynae but failed. Currently I changed to Dr Sadhana for IVF.. I am kind of nervous. What to expect and what will I be going through.
Hi Adlina,

Don't be worried. U can be expected to go through a series of blood tests, HSG scan, and Ultrasound Vaginal scan. Once all test results are out, you will be scheduled for IVF according to ur results. Whether you are on a short or long IVF protocol depends on ur test results, age etc. For the IVF process itself i starting my daily injections for a period of 10 days as mine was a short protocol then I was called to review the follicular growth. After that when the desired follicular size has been attained which is at least 2 follicles of 18mm and 1 or 2 more which would be lesser than 18mm, they will give u the trigger injection. All these can be self administered and the nurse will teach you. Frankly speaking I have never thought that I can actually self inject as am scared of needles but I did as it was pretty easy. Just think that u are doing this for the baby and u can get through with it. Trust me.
36 hours after the trigger injection will be the Egg Retrieval. Your hubz need to produce his sperm on that day too. And your Embryo transfer will be 3,4 or 5 days later depending on the Doctor. You are in good hands with Dr Sadhana as she is my doctor too. God bless and wish you all the best. Currently I am 7 days past my Embryo Transfer and am waiting for a good result. My first attempt at IVF and my first child if all goes well. Baby dust to u!!!

Wow..... Hope everything goes well for you. I am kind of worried that I may not be able to do my IVF as planned in Nov / Dec. Firstly, my mensus are irregular and sadly the IVF centre is closed. I am really praying hard that my mensus comes as per planned so that I can still proceed. I am quite of nervous actually.. I am not afraid of needles but I am afraid of poking it myself. I'll be going for the briefing on 20th Oct. May I check with you, when the egg retrieval was carried out, were u awake or total sleeping? How long was the process?

Wow..... Hope everything goes well for you. I am kind of worried that I may not be able to do my IVF as planned in Nov / Dec. Firstly, my mensus are irregular and sadly the IVF centre is closed. I am really praying hard that my mensus comes as per planned so that I can still proceed. I am quite of nervous actually.. I am not afraid of needles but I am afraid of poking it myself. I'll be going for the briefing on 20th Oct. May I check with you, when the egg retrieval was carried out, were u awake or total sleeping? How long was the process?
U will be totally put to sleep when the egg retrieval is being carried out. And abdominal cramps will continue and should subside in about 48 hours, or at least it did for me before I went in for my Embryo Transfer. The whole procedure should be done in about 20 minutes but I remember sleeping for around 45 minutes or so from the anaesthesia. After the procedure they will let u rest and observe for an hour or so and if u can drink, eat and sit and stand up without any problems they will let you go back. Ur husband must accompany you back home or they won't let you leave. Don't worry and I really hope the best for u. Eat and sleep well in the coming weeks as stress is one of the reasons for irregular menses. I pray all turn out well for u and good luck for both of us! :)

Hi adlina,
My menses was kind of irregular too, so dr has prescribe me medicine to regulate my menses all the way from now till Dec so as to start my cycle for Dec/Jan. Dont worry... u r 1 month ahead of me, lets BFP together!

Hey ladies..im going for ivf in nov..im with NUH..i started my nor-e pill this morn, thurs scheduled for endo scratch, fri sign docs..baseline scan next fri n sat jabs..any ladies started on their ivf?

Hi ffan, looks like I am going straight for IVF now. My IUI cycle is abandoned because my follicles not responding to the meds this round. :(

Keeping fingers and toes crossed. Feeling quite scared but excited too to start this journey. I am feeling stressed thinking of all the injections I have to take... but no choice. Have to be strong.

Hi catinthesky, jiayou! Take it that u can focus on starting your ivf soon. Ivf has higher chance of success than iui, though of course, the journey is much tougher.
Actually, the injections are really not as painful as u might think. For me, it felt like an ant's bite for a few seconds, that's it..hmm but every woman is different I know. Once u get over the first few jabs in the early stimulation stage, it'd be okay, like a routine for at least 9~10 days.
Above all, keep positive, and the whole process will be over before u realised it :)

Hi catinthesky, jiayou! Take it that u can focus on starting your ivf soon. Ivf has higher chance of success than iui, though of course, the journey is much tougher.
Actually, the injections are really not as painful as u might think. For me, it felt like an ant's bite for a few seconds, that's it..hmm but every woman is different I know. Once u get over the first few jabs in the early stimulation stage, it'd be okay, like a routine for at least 9~10 days.
Above all, keep positive, and the whole process will be over before u realised it :)

Thanks ffan! That's encouraging :)

Did you do endo scratch, if you did was it painful?

Thanks ffan! That's encouraging :)

Did you do endo scratch, if you did was it painful?
No, I didn't do Endo scratch..I wanted to see how my 2nd ivf try went first before deciding. I had contemplated to do either endo scratch or acupuncture if it failed, but luckily I didn't have to.

No, I didn't do Endo scratch..I wanted to see how my 2nd ivf try went first before deciding. I had contemplated to do either endo scratch or acupuncture if it failed, but luckily I didn't have to.

Oh I see. May I ask, did you take any extra supplements and what did you do differently for your IVF cycle with bfp?

Sorry for my many questions :oops:

I have started taking royal jelly, omega 3 fish oil, vitamin b, coq10 the past month. Very kiasu right :rolleyes:

Hey ladies..im going for ivf in nov..im with NUH..i started my nor-e pill this morn, thurs scheduled for endo scratch, fri sign docs..baseline scan next fri n sat jabs..any ladies started on their ivf?

Hi wedelia, I am planning to start first cycle of IVF in nov too! Is it compulsory for endo scratch? Will they put us under, because I heard that it can be painful?

If everything goes well I will start my 2nd cycle in Nov... Not thinking too much about it as the 1st cycle ended up in ectopic.. Was so sad and disappointed had to go through surgery (1st ever major op in my life)... so shall take 1 day at a time and look out for symptoms signalling things are not right so as to detect early.o_O

Oh I see. May I ask, did you take any extra supplements and what did you do differently for your IVF cycle with bfp?

Sorry for my many questions :oops:

I have started taking royal jelly, omega 3 fish oil, vitamin b, coq10 the past month. Very kiasu right :rolleyes:
Wow..Hehe u are taking alot indeed. Have u considered taking prenatal vitamins which contains folic acid and many of the essential vitamins?
I switched to Rainbow prenatal supplements just before my last ivf cycle, and after reading posts by other ladies here that they bfped soon after taking it. You can buy online from iherb. Before that, I was taking the GNC prenatal supplements for 2 years. Not sure if the switch to rainbow brand contributed..but u can give a try :)
I also gave up taking my daily cup of caffeine just after the end of my last menses. I know is hard If u are a coffee lover, so just try to wean it off bit by bit. Now after bfp, I treat myself to coffee once a week if I want.
Other than above, I took apple cider vinegar for a couple of months till tested positive.
ACV was just for my own general health benefit as I had read that it helps in removing toxins from our body.

In my failed fresh cycle in June, hubby and I thought the failure was because it was only a day-3 embryo and fresh cycle transfer is no good for my body because of all the chemicals from the jabs and support med. In fact, my cycle went haywire after that failure.. kept bleeding brown discharge for more than a week. So I went for the natural fet in September only after i was sure my cycle was back to normal.

Having said those above, I think it is v important to stay positive, and even if fail, just try again until u really have exhausted all avenues and to your utmost.
So dun fret too much, catinthesky! Overthinking is cause of much of our stresses! Good luck :)

Hi wedelia, I am planning to start first cycle of IVF in nov too! Is it compulsory for endo scratch? Will they put us under, because I heard that it can be painful?
Hey..im with Dr Stephen Chew in NUH..nurse told me most of his patients do it though this will be my 1st ivf..he wants to find the road map of transferring the embroys and also boost the chances of success.
I read its painful so im freaking out now coz went to watch some videos yesterday..hopefully goes well..nurse told me its like HSG

Wow..Hehe u are taking alot indeed. Have u considered taking prenatal vitamins which contains folic acid and many of the essential vitamins?
I switched to Rainbow prenatal supplements just before my last ivf cycle, and after reading posts by other ladies here that they bfped soon after taking it. You can buy online from iherb. Before that, I was taking the GNC prenatal supplements for 2 years. Not sure if the switch to rainbow brand contributed..but u can give a try :)
I also gave up taking my daily cup of caffeine just after the end of my last menses. I know is hard If u are a coffee lover, so just try to wean it off bit by bit. Now after bfp, I treat myself to coffee once a week if I want.
Other than above, I took apple cider vinegar for a couple of months till tested positive.
ACV was just for my own general health benefit as I had read that it helps in removing toxins from our body.

In my failed fresh cycle in June, hubby and I thought the failure was because it was only a day-3 embryo and fresh cycle transfer is no good for my body because of all the chemicals from the jabs and support med. In fact, my cycle went haywire after that failure.. kept bleeding brown discharge for more than a week. So I went for the natural fet in September only after i was sure my cycle was back to normal.

Having said those above, I think it is v important to stay positive, and even if fail, just try again until u really have exhausted all avenues and to your utmost.
So dun fret too much, catinthesky! Overthinking is cause of much of our stresses! Good luck :)

Wow I didn't know apple cider vinegar is useful. I shall try it out :p

Ya I feel like a machine taking so many kinds of supplements lol. I did get Blackmores Conceive Well for sometime but the taste is really horrible. I can tahan lah for sake of ttc... maybe will try rainbow prenatal!

Oh dear, sounds like it was tough the first round for you. So glad the second round worked :) I am trying not to pin too much hopes because I know that many people don't succeed in the first cycle.

Thanks for the advises and hope you have a smooth and wonderful pregnancy!

Hey..im with Dr Stephen Chew in NUH..nurse told me most of his patients do it though this will be my 1st ivf..he wants to find the road map of transferring the embroys and also boost the chances of success.
I read its painful so im freaking out now coz went to watch some videos yesterday..hopefully goes well..nurse told me its like HSG

I'm also with Dr Chew! OMG I'm more scared of this endo scratch than the injections... but if it's like HSG then I guess it is bearable.

Are you allowed to take some painkillers before it?

Jia you!!! Hope it is not painful at all for you tomorrow!

I'm also with Dr Chew! OMG I'm more scared of this endo scratch than the injections... but if it's like HSG then I guess it is bearable.

Are you allowed to take some painkillers before it?

Jia you!!! Hope it is not painful at all for you tomorrow!
Yes can take 2 normal panadol at least 1-2 hrs before this? Have you started on ivf cycle?

If everything goes well I will start my 2nd cycle in Nov... Not thinking too much about it as the 1st cycle ended up in ectopic.. Was so sad and disappointed had to go through surgery (1st ever major op in my life)... so shall take 1 day at a time and look out for symptoms signalling things are not right so as to detect early.o_O

Hi, which hosp are you with?

Hope your 2nd cycle will be successful!

U will be totally put to sleep when the egg retrieval is being carried out. And abdominal cramps will continue and should subside in about 48 hours, or at least it did for me before I went in for my Embryo Transfer. The whole procedure should be done in about 20 minutes but I remember sleeping for around 45 minutes or so from the anaesthesia. After the procedure they will let u rest and observe for an hour or so and if u can drink, eat and sit and stand up without any problems they will let you go back. Ur husband must accompany you back home or they won't let you leave. Don't worry and I really hope the best for u. Eat and sleep well in the coming weeks as stress is one of the reasons for irregular menses. I pray all turn out well for u and good luck for both of us! :)[/QUOTE

Hey Gee38, I am actually quite nervous. Frankly I am afraid of failure. Cos my first attempt of IUI was a success and ended up with twins. Subsequently when I tried to conceive again after 3 attempts of IUI failed that feeling is making me worried. Baby dust to you.. I pray that it will turn out well for you. Do keep me updated ya.. ;)

Hi adlina,
My menses was kind of irregular too, so dr has prescribe me medicine to regulate my menses all the way from now till Dec so as to start my cycle for Dec/Jan. Dont worry... u r 1 month ahead of me, lets BFP together!

Hi Having Hope,

I just went for the briefing ystrdy and took pills to induce my mensus in order to let it come this Nov. I am predicting to come early Nov. If all goes well, the jabs and etc may begin the 1st or 2nd week of Nov. Is this your first attempt? Who are you consulting? Mine is Dr Sadhana from KKH. Yes, lets hope for BFP together. :)

hi all
Just want to share my 1st failed IVF experience with NUH Prof Wong. Started my Nor E & injections in Sept & egg retrieval & transfer in early Oct. The injections were manageable with hubby's help. Its the bloatedness and cramps after egg retrieval that were quite torturing. I was kiasu and started taking omega oils, preconception multivitamins, CoQo, royal jelly months ago., Also went for twice weekly acupuncture. Despite having 2 very good grade embryos back in the womb, I started bleeding afew days before my blood test. You can imagine my disappointment when its a BFN. Worst, my menses this time is terrible with very very heavy flow with clots of blood. Today is Day 5 and I am still bleeding.
I am due to see Prof next week. Really no idea why the embryos failed to implant. Would a FET be less invasive and hence more successful? Also I transferred day 3 embryos which seems to be NUH's practice. Wonder if its better to have a day 5? Also I will ask Prof for endo scratch for my next try.

Hi Having Hope,

I just went for the briefing ystrdy and took pills to induce my mensus in order to let it come this Nov. I am predicting to come early Nov. If all goes well, the jabs and etc may begin the 1st or 2nd week of Nov. Is this your first attempt? Who are you consulting? Mine is Dr Sadhana from KKH. Yes, lets hope for BFP together. :)
Hi adlina,
Yup.. its my first ivf. Im also with Dr Sadhana... my briefing is in Nov, i will start my cycle in Dec

hi all
Just want to share my 1st failed IVF experience with NUH Prof Wong. Started my Nor E & injections in Sept & egg retrieval & transfer in early Oct. The injections were manageable with hubby's help. Its the bloatedness and cramps after egg retrieval that were quite torturing. I was kiasu and started taking omega oils, preconception multivitamins, CoQo, royal jelly months ago., Also went for twice weekly acupuncture. Despite having 2 very good grade embryos back in the womb, I started bleeding afew days before my blood test. You can imagine my disappointment when its a BFN. Worst, my menses this time is terrible with very very heavy flow with clots of blood. Today is Day 5 and I am still bleeding.
I am due to see Prof next week. Really no idea why the embryos failed to implant. Would a FET be less invasive and hence more successful? Also I transferred day 3 embryos which seems to be NUH's practice. Wonder if its better to have a day 5? Also I will ask Prof for endo scratch for my next try.
Hey..hugz!!! Im starting my 1st ivf next week..this is what i can share though i might not have the best advise.Nurse told me FET success rate at NUH is higher than Fresh.FET less invasive...it could be medicated or natural n costs less..embroyologist will weigh the risks of wanting to let embroys grow till day 5 depends on yield n quality of eggs..i think this makes sense..
Ive done endo scratch this week so will have to see if it is works!

Hi everyone,

I'll be doing my first IVF with Dr Loh this November. I had a failed IUI earlier this year and subsequently was found to have polyps in the uterus so had to undergo hysteroscopy. Now all clear to go, and am seeing a chinese doctor for herbs and acupuncture to get my body in the best condition.

Quite nervous and excited to get started! :)

Hi all, just had my IVF briefing and signing of papers on Mon. I am currently waiting for menses to come before starting my countdown to CD18 to start Norethisterone. So my stim will probably start around end of Nov. Will be on short protocol.

I'm with Dr Stephen Chew at NUH and nurse said that all his IVF patients do endoscratch, so I guess no escape for me!

And also, there is this Misoprostol tablets that I'm supposed to insert vaginally 3 hours before the procedure. Nurse said that the other docs require patient to take orally instead. Anyone has any idea why the difference?

Hi everyone!

Anyone here ever failed to bring on period even after taking birth control pills? I'm quite anxious if my birth control Gynera does not make my period to come on my desired date, which is 14 Nov - my stipulated start date of IVF cycle.

I was supposed to get my period on 17 Oct after 5 days of taking Duphaston. But no period! It only left me with super tender breasts (cos of the progesterone) which last till today! :(

So now I'm quite anxious if my period will come on 14 Nov.

You know what else the doctor will do if period fails to come?

Hi everyone,

I am doing my pregnancy test tomorrow.. very nervous but i am ending my 2ww finally.. All the best, lots of luck & Baby dust to everyone here ! *feels like waiting for exam results*

Hi everyone!

Anyone here ever failed to bring on period even after taking birth control pills? I'm quite anxious if my birth control Gynera does not make my period to come on my desired date, which is 14 Nov - my stipulated start date of IVF cycle.

I was supposed to get my period on 17 Oct after 5 days of taking Duphaston. But no period! It only left me with super tender breasts (cos of the progesterone) which last till today! :(

I think whether menses comes or not on start of stims does not matter.i remember this is what the nurse told me coz my stims are on cd30 n i highlighted to the nurse that time that my menses is not always on cd30..can be later..she say for fresh cycle we dun look at this..
Maybe other ladies can advise..

Hi everyone,

I am doing my pregnancy test tomorrow.. very nervous but i am ending my 2ww finally.. All the best, lots of luck & Baby dust to everyone here ! *feels like waiting for exam results*
Good Luck! Hoping to grab your baby dusts!!!!

Hi everyone,

Good luck and hope to hear good news from you.

Hi everyone!

Seems like we both are facing the same problem. I am worried too my period or any signs showed that my period will come. My period should come within this week but still no signs.... I hope it will come before 27 Nov.... I missed my Sept period and got it only in Oct...

Back