2016/07 July babies

Took the same combo as you this morning. Baby had a delayed reaction before screaming in pain. After hugging and assuring, baby relaxed after 3 seconds. Quite a quick episode that is manageable and contained. The daddy commented that the cries later on for milk was more jialat than the jab.

As for growth, my baby is the lightest compared to yours and tuna. Mine baru 6.02kg. If mine is 75th percentile, I think yours should also be 75th.

And what's the length of your babies? Mine is of 90th percentile. Chum Liao lor. Michelin tek ko (bamboo pole)

How about the neck assessment? Mine need to go back for review next month cos still not stable hahaha. Also for the second dose.
@KWL jr is a champ! Wah daddy even take leave to go down ah!

Bubbles height should be at 50th percentile but the nurse again salah, put under 75th % -_-" head is supposed to be 90th%, she put 75th%. Aiyoh. I also dunno le.

Dr assessment says she's so easily distracted by everything in the room that she wants me to test and ensure that she is following the direction of sounds, and not just turning and turning cos she's super curious. :-/ The squint that was noted at 1mth checkup is almost gone, Dr said it's barely discernible and no cause for concern, she wouldn't even have picked up on it if not for the previous notation.

Otherwise, everything very good, just follow up next assessment at 9 mths, and jabs in between.

Ya the doc also never say to reduce or anything but I scared too fat when grow up got issues ley. Partly want to drag out to reduce reflux, and also hoping she will learn to tahan and sttn soon, though for the latter I am not optimistic lol

Kekeke my bub thunder thighs also! I keep saying she take after her dad's thick thighs hehehe. She also kicking v hard now, when I change her on the table and she kicks my engorged boob, hou mai dogs stunning sensation only.

I already lose the battle every meal. Can u imagine when our bubs go through teething?!?
Heh heh. I am just gonna believe that she will lose the bb fats when she starts crawling, they usually do when they become more mobile. Her height 50th percentile. Short and ba ba... Lol!!
I find that the paracetemol takes some time to take effect. Your "cabbage" was a cold disposable breastpad? Ingenious idea!! I must remember that for future reference.
When teething starts, poor mums will be a bunch of walking zombies... Rotavirus made her shit a lot in the middle of night, more watery than usual, may want to be a bit careful in case it leaks...

@redvel - yours how? You were suspecting she's teething a few days back. Can feel little bud sprouting out in gum yet?

On drooling, she's constantly smearing saliva all over her face and she's starting to get little bumps on her face. Probably caused by saliva I suspect. I try to wipe her face, but in the afternoon if she's fallen aslp, I will just leave it. Take so long to get her to slp that I really don't dare jinx it but wiping her face and risk waking her. Any other babies like that too?

I'm side latching as I type. Her temp started rising around 2.45pm, true enough, as the mummies reported, about 6 hrs after jab. At first, only 37.1. So I hesitated a little over giving her the paracetamol. Within 10 mins moved to 37.2 I was told to bring her immediately to kkh once it goes above 37.5. And to administer paracetamol once she has fever. Since her base temperature used to never exceed 36.7, I decided to give her the meds and stick a koolpak on her forehead.

15 mins after taking the meds, her temp jumped to 37.4. I quickly did a room temp wipe down. And brought out my "cabbage" to stick under her armpits.

She was chatty this whole time, especially enjoying and smiling when I stripped her :-/ but refused to sleep! Holding her just causes her temp to rise, so when I nursed her on the chair I stuck the "cabbage" under her pits too.

The breast pads have long since grown warm and are back in the freezer. Good thing I have a spare daiso gel pack, wrapped it in a thin muslin face towel and stuck it between her thighs. Managed to bring the 37.7 deg down to 37.0 now.

Does this mean the paracetamol is not working? My brothers and I had horribly high fevers that spiked in the middle of the night, I myself experienced 40 and above fevers, and recall torturous ice baths at around 5 y/o.

*heavy sigh* it's gonna be a long night.

Wow. I must learn this. My little one hasn't shown any signs but I know that it is not all clear until 48hrs from jab. I don't think I will be as merticulous and calm as u if it happens later on.

@KWL jr is a champ! Wah daddy even take leave to go down ah!

Bubbles height should be at 50th percentile but the nurse again salah, put under 75th % -_-" head is supposed to be 90th%, she put 75th%. Aiyoh. I also dunno le.

Dr assessment says she's so easily distracted by everything in the room that she wants me to test and ensure that she is following the direction of sounds, and not just turning and turning cos she's super curious. :-/ The squint that was noted at 1mth checkup is almost gone, Dr said it's barely discernible and no cause for concern, she wouldn't even have picked up on it if not for the previous notation.

Otherwise, everything very good, just follow up next assessment at 9 mths, and jabs in between.

I don't own a tula or infant carrier. I only got a pram but prams aren't allowed in poly consultation rooms. So I prefer to handcarry. And with a big diaper bag, I cannot be driving and hand carrying and manage on my own. I screamed for help.

And yes I noticed I am one of the few with daddy accompanying. All the mummies very steady bom pipi. Can manage everything on their own. My husband commented on that too. I pretend not to hear hahaha

Good things must share. I got these little books from ezbuy/ taobao at $14+ only! So excited and happy. Shall start engaging baby tmr morning.

She loves books and has been very good at flipping pages and holding books recently. She is learning to lift the flaps in the "Where's Spot" book. The free library books let us flip until wanna Nua already lol.

IMG_0902.jpg
IMG_0903.jpg

@KWL wow so good, can flip book leh.. My hub will be very happy if my baby can flip book. Too bad, my baby will yawn or look away when I show him the book, simply not interested in book. Today while I prepare myself to go out and put a ball for him to play, end up he show me this .. Lift the ball up with his feet, he loves it.
ImageUploadedByForum1477057200.153277.jpg

@tuna yes my baby is saliva boy.. Drool like running tap water, sucks his fist and rub all over his face, now he got a ' beautiful' face. I use warm water to wipe his face & neck then apply moisturizer over it. I will repeat this as many times as possible, it will clear off but then come again. Sigh

@tuna I try to wipe wipe each time she drools cos once I let her sleep with drool she woke up with eczema :( maybe her drool not as much as your bub's?!?

IMG_20161021_205414.jpg

Here she is, my little teapot, fully decked in koolpak and my Avent gel pads lol. She babbled non-stop from 2pm to 6pm when she finally k.o. for a bit. Methinks she might have been a tad delirious lmao

The fever broke at about 9pm. But it may be due to my error, her 2nd dose of paracetamol was supposed to be at 9, but in my daze I gave it to her at 7.30 >_< o hope I didn't overdose her :(

Wow. I must learn this. My little one hasn't shown any signs but I know that it is not all clear until 48hrs from jab. I don't think I will be as merticulous and calm as u if it happens later on.
Lukewarm wipe down, uniqlo airism mesh, latch her as much as she wants. Although I feel cloth diaper is cooler, I know the diarrhoea will be a mess and contagious, so she's in disposables till tmrw. I will place her bottom half on the classic tollyjoy pink/blue waterproof mat after her next change/feed. And I hope the fever doesn't return.

Gonna take a nap now until she wakes for milk. Meanwhile, hubby will take hourly reads while I sleep.

Reactions: KWL
All your babies so physically advanced!!! Bubbles is so nua, dun wan to hold rattle although she can grasp it and shake it, she just isn't interested, gives it a glance, a shake, then toss -_-" for books, she only likes to "read", but no hint of holding or reaching out for it even though I try to encourage her. Now she only likes to zhup her fingers, today she tried to flip and pull tissue out of the tissue box while I was changing her. I get the feeling this one is gonna be a troublemaker. Jin jialat.

Lukewarm wipe down, uniqlo airism mesh, latch her as much as she wants. Although I feel cloth diaper is cooler, I know the diarrhoea will be a mess and contagious, so she's in disposables till tmrw. I will place her bottom half on the classic tollyjoy pink/blue waterproof mat after her next change/feed. And I hope the fever doesn't return.

Gonna take a nap now until she wakes for milk. Meanwhile, hubby will take hourly reads while I sleep.

Mine just cried for milk at 11pm. Any 3hr stretch since I tugged to bed. Just now don't know if it was human error or what, I got two readings of 36.9. Now my baby is in long sleeves cotton pajamas zipped in an elastic cottony swaddle. Will stay by baby's side to check temp at least every half hour. Now very paranoid. Cannot sleep and keep scanning the forehead every 15 mins.

Husband says worst case just pamper baby and carry into the masterbed room and switch on aircon. Let her sleep on our bed. But I am afraid that all my cot training will go down the drain with this exception.

Hahaha so cute, know how to pull the tissue out. Now my baby know how to flip, I find it very hard to get him change. When I get ready the collar big big and wanna put over his head, he flip over, I got to flip him over and get ready again. After wear the top, I turn and take the pant, he flip again.. Aiyo ... Like having flip war with him.

So cute thunder thighs of snowfern junior! I can't help staring at the feet of emk junior. I have a thing for little feet.

Tuna, no sign of bump on my gal's gum. She somehow has stopped gnawing her gums. See if it returns again soon or not.

About her sleep regression : I give up trying. Put her down on bed means she'll cry if not the most sleep 2hrs. I now let her sleep on me as such. She sleeps so well like this.
ImageUploadedByForum1477063771.572392.jpg

”诉苦” with my sis who has twins. She told me to hang on there I'll pull through this stage. Hers was worse. Put down cry. Carry cry. Put on bouncer also cry. Bouncer stops bouncing also cry. Carry up also cry again. Madness.

Good thing is it'll pass. 1-2weeks for her case.

I give up trying to coax her to bed. I want some sleep too. Letting her sleep on me = we both can sleep better. Don't care already. Whatever it takes for us to sleep NOW.

Gosh. Highest reading skyrocketed to 37.1 within minutes.baby was relatively hot when I touched. Fast hand fast leg removed swaddle and switched on aircon. By then baby was crying in a very poor thing tone. Heart literally broke. I one hand carry and faster nurse while the other free hand started spkging. It helps. Temp down by a fair bit but temp at forehead rook a while to eubside. Snowfern jiayoua for The long night ahead

Just put bubbles back down after her "midnight snack" XD her inner ear hourly temp has been hovering around 35.8-36.1, so I've started armpit swaddling her again in preparation for longer durations of sleep. Will still be doing hourly checks until 48 hrs is over. No sign of poop/diarrhoea yet though. Hubby just paid for an online purchase of cooling pad/mat in anticipation of future fever episodes. Friends recommended it, or I wouldn't even have known such things existed.

Like a bit dramatic hor, this blow-by-blow account. Come next round of vaccinations we'll all be pros at this XD

Gosh. Highest reading skyrocketed to 37.1 within minutes.baby was relatively hot when I touched. Fast hand fast leg removed swaddle and switched on aircon. By then baby was crying in a very poor thing tone. Heart literally broke. I one hand carry and faster nurse while the other free hand started spkging. It helps. Temp down by a fair bit but temp at forehead rook a while to eubside. Snowfern jiayoua for The long night ahead
Jiayou! Just keep up with what you're doing, and don't panic!

So cute thunder thighs of snowfern junior! I can't help staring at the feet of emk junior. I have a thing for little feet.

Tuna, no sign of bump on my gal's gum. She somehow has stopped gnawing her gums. See if it returns again soon or not.

About her sleep regression : I give up trying. Put her down on bed means she'll cry if not the most sleep 2hrs. I now let her sleep on me as such. She sleeps so well like this.
View attachment 661814

”诉苦” with my sis who has twins. She told me to hang on there I'll pull through this stage. Hers was worse. Put down cry. Carry cry. Put on bouncer also cry. Bouncer stops bouncing also cry. Carry up also cry again. Madness.

Good thing is it'll pass. 1-2weeks for her case.

I give up trying to coax her to bed. I want some sleep too. Letting her sleep on me = we both can sleep better. Don't care already. Whatever it takes for us to sleep NOW.
Aiyoh, so sweet and heartbreaking at the same time lor. Nevermind la, as the mummies on FB group like to say, soon they will be running away from you, just sayang as much as you can now.

I think @snowfern and @KWL you 2 super zai. I don't remember doing so much for my boy when he went for his vaccination. Just that night time I'll won't be able to sleep much cause gotta monitor his temperature. Other than that, basically I just let him fight off the fever himself, with a kool pad on him.

I think @snowfern and @KWL you 2 super zai. I don't remember doing so much for my boy when he went for his vaccination. Just that night time I'll won't be able to sleep much cause gotta monitor his temperature. Other than that, basically I just let him fight off the fever himself, with a kool pad on him.
Haha I damn scared cos as a kid I used to get really high fevers, sometimes hitting above 40, and I remember past midnight jaunts to the ER when my brothers suffered the same, so was afraid she would also take after me.....she already hit 37.9 deg earlier today even while on paracetamol and all the 15-min interval sponging and Air con, I think if never jaga sure another trip to kkh lor :(

Yes, thanks for the encouragement @snowfern and @Sa_rahhhh. My little one is just warm to touch now. I wonder if I had overreacted earlier and if I was hallucinating a fever earlier. Just find my baby completely opposite from the position I laid at 1am. And now it seems like the baby is continuing to go anti-clockwise until she'a back to original position. Maybe hope mummy doesn't know about it at all.

Back to fever, i am using a temporal artery thermometer. I don't think it is very accurate as I get multiple and different readings each time I press. Hahahahaha. So I just agar agar and average. It is definitely higher than the base temp that I took much earlier. I think sponging really works. Can bring down temp very fast.

Since I am awake, I went to pee and check on my old dog. Suddenly disappear also. Switched on lights also cannot find. Had to open the glass kitchen door and search for her. Alamak. She was hiding behind at the partitioned wet kitchen. It is the second time I found her hiding away from the floor fan. I think she is still feeling cold after the op.

Two babies to take care of and waking every hour to check temp. Gotta rest a bit before I wake up for next feed, pump milk and walk the dog. Yes, u never read wrongly. I need to walk the dog near dawn so that I can settle all the medication before the little one wakes up at 7am to cry for morning bath

As good as mother of 2. Haha!

Kinda survived the night. Nothing more than 37 now. Woke up at 5.30 after nursing to walk the dog and pump excess. Guess I will knock out later this morning

Kinda survived the night. Nothing more than 37 now. Woke up at 5.30 after nursing to walk the dog and pump excess. Guess I will knock out later this morning

@KWL good to.hear all is well.on.your end!

Bubbles' fever spiked at 5am. 4am read was 36.9. I skipped the 3am paracetamol. Thought that since no fever from 9-3, no issue. 38.3 at 5am. Immediately gave her meds, she cried, choked, threw it all up, gave her another full dose of 3ml, been sponging her down non-stop since. Now hovering around 37.5 :( will bring her in if it doesn't break by 8am latest.

@KWL good to.hear all is well.on.your end!

Bubbles' fever spiked at 5am. 4am read was 36.9. I skipped the 3am paracetamol. Thought that since no fever from 9-3, no issue. 38.3 at 5am. Immediately gave her meds, she cried, choked, threw it all up, gave her another full dose of 3ml, been sponging her down non-stop since. Now hovering around 37.5 :( will bring her in if it doesn't break by 8am latest.

Gosh it must have been a tiring night. Hope bubbles okay and need not go to KkH.

I was telling my hubby abt baby's spike in temperature near 12mn and how I have been sponging and got it contained and arrested before full blown. He said I was overreacting and it': not a life threatening case. Can be managed if I feed paracetamol. I rolled eye.

Over at my side, everything seems normal again for my baby. Hope it lasts

Just had a repeat performance of her 5am set. Although fever has reduced to 37.1 (technically not a fever), we will probably take her in at 2pm, the 24 hr mark since her fevers started. She's just fallen asleep after choking on my boob after dozing off the 2nd try at administering paracetamol.

My room smells of soured milk, and I have a pile of curd covered clothes on the floor. The up side is, my milk monster has not lost her appetite, nor her chattiness! Amazing!

Snowfern how is bubbles ? Hope she is doing well, keep us posted
Thanks for checking in on us @emk! She's much better, we decided to.wait till 5pm which is her next dose of paracetamol, and she was ok at 36.9. So I gave her one more dose, put her in a sling, her cousin read her a book, and now she's down for a short nap before dinner :) I hope the worst is over!

@gan1972 , how's your lo? Rashes cleared up?

@emk on books : I was discussing this w another mummy friend, she said the same thing about her son showing no interest in books nor chatting with her. Far as I know and experienced, boys tend to mature a little later with regards to speech development.

But that should not deter u from delaying introduction to books, infants absorb incredibly at this stage, just read with exaggerated tones, get them used to the idea of having to complete a book. Once they are ready, they will surprise you with how much they've learnt when you think they weren't giving a hoot!

Snowfern great to know bubbles is doing well :) thanks for sharing on the book, haha I will continues reading for him. My baby is teething and temperature slightly on the high side, between 37-37.3degree, more fussy than usual and I put a cool pad for him.

Snowfern great to know bubbles is doing well :) thanks for sharing on the book, haha I will continues reading for him. My baby is teething and temperature slightly on the high side, between 37-37.3degree, more fussy than usual and I put a cool pad for him.
Poor bub! And teething so soon :E did you get some teethers? Bubbles likes to gum on them, I hold it for her when she gets too bitey and tetchy, and also on warmer days when she fusses. Seems to help a bit!

Two more weeks before returning to work. Mixed feelings. On one hand, I want to go back to work and on the other hand, I think I will miss baby a lot.

I also Had a headache planning how to pack my bag(s)/ stuff to work. Did some shopping earlier with hubby and baby and bought couple of Tupperware boxes to store pump flanges, storage cups.

The nature of my job requires me to bring laptop home everyday. So I will have to carry at least two bags. One for laptop and personal belongings. The other all pumping related.

So what goes into the pumping bag?
- pump
- 2x sterilized flanges in Tupperware
- 4x sterilized storage cups in Tupperware
- nursing cover
- NUK nipple wipes
- breast milk storage bags (for emergency)
- fridge to go

So basically I will pump twice at work. And the milk will be stored in cups in Tupperware and placed in office fridge until the end of the day. Just before I leave, I will pack the Tupperware box with 4 cups into the fridge to go. This will serve as the supply
for next day feeding administered by my mum.

Night time I will just do direct latching. I hope I won't cui from fetching baby to and fro and carrying two bags (one with laptop, one with pumping related equipment).

Do let me know if I had missed anything out.

Poor bub! And teething so soon :E did you get some teethers? Bubbles likes to gum on them, I hold it for her when she gets too bitey and tetchy, and also on warmer days when she fusses. Seems to help a bit!
Yea I bought the teethers but seems like it's too big to go deep into his mouth, so he still prefer fingers sigh ..

@KWL haha U very kan chiong leh, haha I also going back to work for two days on 31&1 then off again. I very lazy one la .., just bring zip lock bag, flange , pump , bottle , cooler bag and my handfree bra..

@redvel your girl thigh comparable with bubbles haha
hmmm when we at polyclinic, my hub ask me why other baby thigh so big but our baby thigh so thin on our first appt, then I told him ' aiya that one is 3 months baby la, when our baby 3 months will be the same la' on second appt he ask me again .. I said aiya that one is 5 months baby la .. Now I start wondering why my baby thigh not so big ar ?? Or is it boy thigh not so big ?

Yea I bought the teethers but seems like it's too big to go deep into his mouth, so he still prefer fingers sigh ..
Ya lo, our bubs so young and mouth still so small....no la he still exploring and learning about his hands hehehe.

As for thighs,.maybe your observation is right ley. I usually notice those twee bak gao gao babies are.female too!

Remind hubby as long as your bb developing healthily good enough la. Keep comparing is cannot compare finish de....

Wow it feels like a fairy pointed ding ding her magic wand at my baby and that sleep regression thing is gone. Like poof gone. I hope I'm not jinxing it but past 18hrs has been great . I even could just pat pat her for 5mins while she was wide awake in her cot after a feed and she went into dreamland, awhile ago. I'm so glad I got back my original baby (I'm praying this will stay, till the next phase episode, if any).

Agree with snowfern, on not comparing lor. I know a couple of mummies who compare A LOT. What's the point. You do your thing; i do mine. And I feel most importantly our babies are happy and healthy, chunky or lanky.

I so scared my hair is dropping too much... went to the salon just now for scalp treatment. Told my hair stylist I'm dropping hair. He said "baby 4mths old?". I said wah how you know. He said he came across too many customers of so and his wife is a typical case. He said two treatments will see effect liao. Don't know true or not. Anyway $70 each time so ok la just try lor. Take it as a relaxation as well. Will go back 2-3wks later for the second shot.

@KWL and @snowfern hope your baobeis are well and happy by now. I'll get some stuff ready too when mine get her jab end of this mth.

Last edited:
Wow it feels like a fairy pointed ding ding her magic wand at my baby and that sleep regression thing is gone. Like poof gone. I hope I'm not jinxing it but past 18hrs has been great . I even could just pat pat her for 5mins while she was wide awake in her cot after a feed and she went into dreamland, awhile ago. I'm so glad I got back my original baby (I'm praying this will stay, till the next phase episode, if any).

Agree with snowfern, on not comparing lor. I know a couple of mummies who compare A LOT. What's the point. You do your thing; i do mine. And I feel most importantly our babies are happy and healthy, chunky or lanky.

I so scared my hair is dropping too much... went to the salon just now for scalp treatment. Told my hair stylist I'm dropping hair. He said "baby 4mths old?". I said wah how you know. He said he came across too many customers of so and his wife is a typical case. He said two treatments will see effect liao. Don't know true or not. Anyway $70 each time so ok la just try lor. Take it as a relaxation as well. Will go back 2-3wks later for the second shot.

@KWL and @snowfern hope your baobeis are well and happy by now. I'll get some stuff ready too when mine get her jab end of this mth.

Thanks @redvel ! I think I survived the fever thingy. Would say no fever for this jab. Except a slight spike but got it controlled before it develops into something full blown. And yes, got another dose to go at 4th mth. So need to watch out. Since I'll be returning to work, I think best day to get injection is on Fridays. Then I can spend Sat and Sun monitoring.

On sleep thingy, I also got to enjoy a longer stretch last night with just 2 wakes. I don't know if the earlier 2-3hr shopping has tired my baby or it is the day 2 after effects of injection. Whichever the case, I secretly hope it continues. Hope I don't jinx it too!

@snowfern your bubbles fever episode over Liao?

Such sweet relief it must be for you @redvel! All the best for redvel_jr next week!

I still have a couple of hours before the 48 hr observation period is over and done with. But bubbles is doing well, no more fevers, and the only diarrhoea she's suffered so far is verbal LOL she even managed to sleep from 9-2, milk break, then 2.45-6.20. Longest ever and only one break! Only downside is my right boob hurt and was rock hard, she just cleared it and about to place her in cot now.

Last edited:
@redvel wow 2 times can see effect, sound good leh haha which shop ? If around Yishun, sembawang or woodland area then I go try out.

@redvel wow 2 times can see effect, sound good leh haha which shop ? If around Yishun, sembawang or woodland area then I go try out.
Not near yishun unfortunately. At hougang. Quite out of the way for you hor. If you are near there then can try. It's called Cuttour. Look for David.

A tad late, but kiddy palace at wwp has 20% off most items, last day...got some.more teethers and a silicon toothbrush thingy to hopefully help soothe her gums, today she bit down on my finger and wouldn't let go as I cleaned her mouth...I think she thinks it's funny cos she grinned cheekily while doing so -_-"

A tad late, but kiddy palace at wwp has 20% off most items, last day...got some.more teethers and a silicon toothbrush thingy to hopefully help soothe her gums, today she bit down on my finger and wouldn't let go as I cleaned her mouth...I think she thinks it's funny cos she grinned cheekily while doing so -_-"

I opened CDA account with POSB and was given 10% discount card for regular priced items.

Omg I cannot imagine if it is the nipples

Have discovered something. We have borrowed from library few books using my gal's member card and hubby's. We returned few days overdue and were fined for $0.05/day/book. However these were fined on my hubby's and not LO's. Wow babies have better privilege ?

I opened CDA account with POSB and was given 10% discount card for regular priced items.

Omg I cannot imagine if it is the nipples
Wah! I didn't know about the discount! Cos hubby applied while I was conked out in hospital lol

She first week latch already started to bite me :(

Have discovered something. We have borrowed from library few books using my gal's member card and hubby's. We returned few days overdue and were fined for $0.05/day/book. However these were fined on my hubby's and not LO's. Wow babies have better privilege ?
Lol! If not your baby so early go into debt liow??? XD maybe you will receive the fine in the mail?

Back