Baby nanny or confinement nanny

Elaine Teng was my confinement lady in October last year and i highly recommend her! This vibrant lady from Ipoh had experience not only in traditional but also western confinement regime (she worked in UK for a couple of years). If interested, she can be contacted @ 84248363
1) those naggy type...like cannot bath etc or like if I wan bath then she will just help me boil the water n prepare stuff
She is definitely not the naggy type and would give advices as per confinement tradition but would seek my opinion/approval before doing anything i.e. my comfort level. Her main focus is on Mummy & Baby and will prepare things way in advance in a timely manner. Constantly watching out for me even though she is with baby, am amazed of her efficiency. She will take note of the time i pump, and plan her duties accordingly e.g. the herbal shower before i pump as it will aid in increasing supply; once i finish pumping, she would have laid the table and a sumptous meal awaits me.
2) into breastfeeding? I won't be going for prenatal class...I will just learn everything from the confinement lady
She has very good knowleged with breastfeeding and even guide with my "Milk Management" :p Kept encouraging me even though Im clueless as a firt-time mother e.g. guided me with latching positions, explored various menu/milk booster. When i was too tired in the night, she suggested that i just have a rest and maintained the 3 hourly feedings.
3) wat does she cook? I m veri choosy with food...can I choose to eat onli certain dishes
She is a fantastic cook and i simply love her Western Cuisine. She makes sure i have a hearty breakfast to kick-start the day e.g. Avocado Croissant, Cheese & Egg Sandwich. Elaine also seeks my MIL's opinion the night before and discuss the menu for the next day. Her passion with cooking really makes me looking forward to every meal!
4) hygiene level?[/QUOTE]
She is particular about hygiene and even took upon herself to train my new helper.
*Note: Even after she had left us after my confinement, she still offer advises whenever we need it. Oh did i mention that she speaks good English :)
FB_IMG_1455751229145[1].jpg FB_IMG_1455751224318[1].jpg FB_IMG_1455751242756[1].jpg FB_IMG_1455751236402[1].jpg

Last edited:

hi

Anyone need last minute CN can contact me.. my CN's current confinement started early hence she is available mid Feb till end Mar.
She is currently doing confinement for my neighbour in Fernvale.
PM me if you are interested.
As this is after CNY therefore her rate are not CNY rate ;)

can share me her contact. require for my sis-in-law, edd mid march 2016

I would like to recommend my CL (Auntie Lan) who has helped to look after my baby in Jan 2016.

She is a simple and easygoing lady who can be trusted to take extra care in looking after your baby, especially during the night where the mummy is able to sleep well and have a good rest.

She cooks good confinement food with healthier choice in mind (less salt, less oil, etc). Before she left, she even prepared chicken in portions to make it easier for me to brew prepacked soup.

Her contact is:
Singapore number : 9890 7889
Malaysia number: +60 16 666 9594

You may want to contact her directly on her availability .

Elaine Teng from Ipoh was my CL during April and I actually enjoyed my confinement.
1) not naggy but she will remind you of those things that you can or cnanot do. She will compromise. E.g Ginger, I don't like ginger so she grind them finely so that I won't pick them out. I bath everyday and wash hair once a week.
2) I latch in the day and bottlefeed at night so that I can rest but I still pump every 3 hours as to build up my supply. She will advise and use herbs to help boost supply as well.
3) Her menu are changing and very good. In fact I ate more than I should. Better than my previous confinement, where I am bored with the menu after 1 week. Elaine's menu consist of western as well. Like Zi Char style. You can let her know what you like and she will plan accordingly.
5) hygiene level is good. She made sure everyone sanitise their hands before touching my baby. Even told my maid to ensure her own cleanliness when handling my baby.
6) best part - she understand english perfectly. Although I speak mandarin well, there are just some things that I can't translate to chinese.
Overall, I do recommend her as she is young, efficent, clean and handle my baby well. Only hiccup is the agency.
Hi, did she ask for any deposit to confirm her service?

Hi gals,

Forget about engaging the experience and wonderful freelance CL that highlighted here unless you are willing to paid for the so call justified price they quote. They have up their price for twins.

Aunty Cheong S$4.5K
Aunty Sin Hua S$4.2K

These price is even more than what the agency quoted. Agency rate between S$3.5K - S$4K with guarantee replacement and application of work permit. Apparently they are unaware of market price and anyhow quote without able to justify why they deserve that price. They do not even aware of the need to apply for work permit and has been using visitor pass to work in SG.

Why I know because I have tried calling up all these CLs listed in this thread to engage them.

Hi gals,

Forget about engaging the experience and wonderful freelance CL that highlighted here unless you are willing to paid for the so call justified price they quote. They have up their price for twins.

Aunty Cheong S$4.5K
Aunty Sin Hua S$4.2K

These price is even more than what the agency quoted. Agency rate between S$3.5K - S$4K with guarantee replacement and application of work permit. Apparently they are unaware of market price and anyhow quote without able to justify why they deserve that price. They do not even aware of the need to apply for work permit and has been using visitor pass to work in SG.

Why I know because I have tried calling up all these CLs listed in this thread to engage them.
Hi Karen Karen

What is the charges for Aunty Cheong and Aunty Sin Hua for single baby?
How's their cooking and handling of babies?

Can share more about them coz I need to get 1 in Sep 2016?
TIA
Kaz

hi mummy, I would like to recommend my confinement lady really good, thumbs up. She's Msian, about 45years old, speak mandarin, cantonese & hokkien. My hubby was telling me, for the third baby, will engage her service. Taking care of baby day&night, she help some housework too, cook for me & my hubby. The cooking skill really excellent, I'm happy during my confinement period, as my duty is only sleep & eat.
Mummy who need her service, can contact her by +60166716281
Hi Can share more on your CL and what's her name?
What is her charges?
I need a good one for Sep 2016?
TIA

Kaz

Hi Karen Karen

What is the charges for Aunty Cheong and Aunty Sin Hua for single baby?
How's their cooking and handling of babies?

Can share more about them coz I need to get 1 in Sep 2016?
TIA
Kaz

Hi 'KAZ

Aunt Xin Hua is my previous CL

1. She is friendly, caring,patient person and have a great experience in doing confinement for mummies.

2. Cooks really delicious and variety confinement food and soup ( black beans, etc) to increase my milk supply. She prepares meals for my hubby too. She will also prepare herbal soup.

3. Cooks red dates drink daily and also boils herbal water for showering.

4. Most importantly, she is very patient with my baby. My baby is very difficult to take care But she has been very patient all this while.

5. Supportive of bf and encourages me to let baby latch on more often
to create more breast milk.

I am grateful to have her to help me take care of bb and me. She was
experienced to take care twin babies as well. I did recommended to my colleagues and friends.

Most importantly, she will take good care of you and the baby which is her main duty and responsibility.

Her contact no is +65 9069 9570 (Sg) or +6012 643 8655 (mal). You can contact her to know more details and the rate.

Price is reasonable too. Hurry mommy, book her before she is booked
by others.

Cheers !!

I'd also like to recommend my confinement nanny, who's just finished her stint of a few months with us.

Her name is Siew Yong and she's Malaysian, speaks mandarin and a little English, and has a Singapore driver's license if her driving skills are needed.

She was actually a full time nanny and cook for my family and now that us kids are grown up she's started doing confinement work instead.

She's looked after my sister's three children and now she's helped with my firstborn as well. I can't recommend her enough. Apart from being great with babies and kids, here are some of her traits:

1.Great cook and will ensure you get the proper confinement foods and that your husband (and parents/ in laws if need be) are well fed.

2. Particular about hygiene and cleanliness, including around the home and your helper's.

3. Very personable, easy going and friendly. At the same time she's committed and hard working with strong work ethic.

Do PM me if you'd like more details and her contact numbers. Her schedule is pretty free for the rest of the year since she'd just ended a series of long term engagements.

I'm not earning any commission. Simply want to get my recommendation out since she's a great nanny in my experience and hopefully will be of help to other mummies too!
Can you share her contact? Thanks

Elaine Teng from Ipoh was my CL during April and I actually enjoyed my confinement.
1) not naggy but she will remind you of those things that you can or cnanot do. She will compromise. E.g Ginger, I don't like ginger so she grind them finely so that I won't pick them out. I bath everyday and wash hair once a week.
2) I latch in the day and bottlefeed at night so that I can rest but I still pump every 3 hours as to build up my supply. She will advise and use herbs to help boost supply as well.
3) Her menu are changing and very good. In fact I ate more than I should. Better than my previous confinement, where I am bored with the menu after 1 week. Elaine's menu consist of western as well. Like Zi Char style. You can let her know what you like and she will plan accordingly.
5) hygiene level is good. She made sure everyone sanitise their hands before touching my baby. Even told my maid to ensure her own cleanliness when handling my baby.
6) best part - she understand english perfectly. Although I speak mandarin well, there are just some things that I can't translate to chinese.
Overall, I do recommend her as she is young, efficent, clean and handle my baby well. Only hiccup is the agency.
Hi
Can advise the rates?

1. Hi, i have recently engaged a nanny from Port Klang thr agent and the charges is 2500 SGD + levy 150 sgd. Her name is Auntie Ya Yuan msian chinese in her early 50s.

Her service is good so i am helping her to recommend her service here. If you are apply the work permit yourself via the MOM website (very easy), you can contact her direct and her charge is around 2100 SGD nett. cheaper than via agent.

If you need my reference please PM me. Her contact nbr in msia is +60 1635 01867 (she cannot sms singapore) or you can add her via Wechat.

ander75, Yesterday at 1:22 PMEditReport
    #1Reply

2. ander75New Member
    New
    Hi Anders,

Saw your forum posting and I am still in process of getting a confinement nanny come July 15.

Would like to check with you a few things on your CL.

1) Is it a day or full time service? (Suppose stay in?)
    2) Would she mind to cook bigger portion for husband and my mil, who is staying with us to help out during confinement month?
    3) Based on her confinement practices, is she ok if I would require her to bring baby to my room for breastfeeding at night?

Thanks and have a nice day.
    Jeanne

--
    Hi, it is a stay in full time service. Yes she will cook for husband as well but only confinement foods. Her cooking is ok only but for confinement foods should be ok. She should be ok to bring baby to your room. Actually she stay with my wife for the past two months as my in law is occupying the other room and my baby need special care due to minor operation. You can actually apply the work permit online so no need to go through agent.

--
    by the way, my nanny just gone back to Msia today after 2 months with us. You can add her in Wechat. She speak mandarin only. She told us that she have job in July and Dec and the rest of the months she is available

ander75, A moment agoEditDeleteReport
    #2Reply

3. ander75New Member
    New
    Hi Anders, thanks very much for the prompt reply. Wishing your family and baby best of health. Have a blessed week.

Cheers.

---
    no problem. i was having hard time looking for a nanny so i hope this help. Anyone here have direct nanny contact please share as well. One more thing, i have paid to have hepatitis B checked for the nanny so you can save the money.:) the nanny is in good health.

---
Hi andrr75..
Can email.. me the details?

Hi 'KAZ

Aunt Xin Hua is my previous CL

1. She is friendly, caring,patient person and have a great experience in doing confinement for mummies.

2. Cooks really delicious and variety confinement food and soup ( black beans, etc) to increase my milk supply. She prepares meals for my hubby too. She will also prepare herbal soup.

4. Most importantly, she is very patient with my baby. My baby is very difficult to take care But she has been very patient all this while.

experienced to take care twin babies as well. I did recommended to my colleagues and friends.

Most importantly, she will take good care of you and the baby which is her main duty and responsibility.

Her contact no is +65 9069 9570 (Sg) or +6012 643 8655 (mal). You can contact her to know more details and the rate.

by others.

Cheers !!

May I know what were her rates?

hi mummy, I would like to recommend my confinement lady really good, thumbs up. She's Msian, about 45years old, speak mandarin, cantonese & hokkien. My hubby was telling me, for the third baby, will engage her service. Taking care of baby day&night, she help some housework too, cook for me & my hubby. The cooking skill really excellent, I'm happy during my confinement period, as my duty is only sleep & eat.
Mummy who need her service, can contact her by +60166716281

I'd also like to recommend my confinement nanny, who's just finished her stint of a few months with us.

Her name is Siew Yong and she's Malaysian, speaks mandarin and a little English, and has a Singapore driver's license if her driving skills are needed.

She was actually a full time nanny and cook for my family and now that us kids are grown up she's started doing confinement work instead.

She's looked after my sister's three children and now she's helped with my firstborn as well. I can't recommend her enough. Apart from being great with babies and kids, here are some of her traits:

1.Great cook and will ensure you get the proper confinement foods and that your husband (and parents/ in laws if need be) are well fed.

2. Particular about hygiene and cleanliness, including around the home and your helper's.

3. Very personable, easy going and friendly. At the same time she's committed and hard working with strong work ethic.

Do PM me if you'd like more details and her contact numbers. Her schedule is pretty free for the rest of the year since she'd just ended a series of long term engagements.

I'm not earning any commission. Simply want to get my recommendation out since she's a great nanny in my experience and hopefully will be of help to other mummies too!
Elaine Teng was my confinement lady in October last year and i highly recommend her! This vibrant lady from Ipoh had experience not only in traditional but also western confinement regime (she worked in UK for a couple of years). If interested, she can be contacted @ 84248363
1) those naggy type...like cannot bath etc or like if I wan bath then she will just help me boil the water n prepare stuff
She is definitely not the naggy type and would give advices as per confinement tradition but would seek my opinion/approval before doing anything i.e. my comfort level. Her main focus is on Mummy & Baby and will prepare things way in advance in a timely manner. Constantly watching out for me even though she is with baby, am amazed of her efficiency. She will take note of the time i pump, and plan her duties accordingly e.g. the herbal shower before i pump as it will aid in increasing supply; once i finish pumping, she would have laid the table and a sumptous meal awaits me.
2) into breastfeeding? I won't be going for prenatal class...I will just learn everything from the confinement lady
She has very good knowleged with breastfeeding and even guide with my "Milk Management" :p Kept encouraging me even though Im clueless as a firt-time mother e.g. guided me with latching positions, explored various menu/milk booster. When i was too tired in the night, she suggested that i just have a rest and maintained the 3 hourly feedings.
3) wat does she cook? I m veri choosy with food...can I choose to eat onli certain dishes
She is a fantastic cook and i simply love her Western Cuisine. She makes sure i have a hearty breakfast to kick-start the day e.g. Avocado Croissant, Cheese & Egg Sandwich. Elaine also seeks my MIL's opinion the night before and discuss the menu for the next day. Her passion with cooking really makes me looking forward to every meal!
4) hygiene level?
She is particular about hygiene and even took upon herself to train my new helper.
*Note: Even after she had left us after my confinement, she still offer advises whenever we need it. Oh did i mention that she speaks good English :)
View attachment 623270 View attachment 623267 View attachment 623268 View attachment 623269[/QUOTE]

Hi,
May I know her charges and her availability in early Jul?

Hi may i know how much is siew yong charging? Is she available on mid Nov. kindly pm her contact to me at 81808857. Many thanks

My confinement nanny is Yan Jie. She is friendly and told me to be frank with her if I am unhappy about anything on the first day of her service. Her cooking is good and she will always encourage me to have enough rest. I like that Yan Jie does not nag at me about what should or should not be done during confinement. She is also very patient and encourages me to breastfeed as often as possible. She also gave me some pointers on breastfeeding.

If you are interested in engaging her, her handphone number is +60169752811 or 90354629.

I found her contract. she ask me who had recommened me. My EDD is Dec 2016.

Can I have your name? Can share how much do she charge?

Last edited:
Dear Mummies,

My EDD is in mid Dec 2016. Wondering if there is any good CL for recommendation as this is my first child and both my parents are working and could not help, thus i would require a very reliable CL so i can go stress free.

Current CL recommended with MY number. If any reviews on the following few would be good

- Yu Hua (ending number 4220)
- Aunty Ying (ending number 9080)
- Yan Jing (ending number 0724)
- Qing Jie (ending number 5221)
- Auntie Ying (ending number 4103)

Once again, thanks mummies
smile.png

Hi, I am looking for a nanny to start next year Apr 2017 at punggol area (near MRT). Anyone has a good recommendation? Thanks!

Hi can PM me details and her charges?

Hi Mummies,

My EDD is on 5 December, any recommendations of CL?
Need to be hygienic, can cook for my hubby and MIL, do simple chores. Will have to sleep in the living room on mattress as there's no free room in the house..

Thanks!!

Hi any mummy know this confinement lady name of aunty Siew, her msia contact end with 3048. How is her review?? Though of engaging her as my CL.

Thanks

May call +60127602827. She is neat and not calculative person.

Hi, you can try my prevoius CL- Aunt Xin Hua

by others.

Cheers !!

I have a super happy and wonderful experience during my confinement.

She have 20 years of experienced and give me advise when I need it. She take good care of me and my newborn babies. She love children and have a patient and very friendly personality. She can speak English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Hokkien, Hakka and Malay and have worked with families of various races including Malay, Indian, Japanese, European and Chinese families. Many families that she work will request to extend her service and even me. Her dishes is so delicious and I even have confinement pork chop western style. This is her contact 017-266 9088. Aunty Lai.

If your Mandarin is so poor you should not zhor guek since it's a Chinese tradition. Just be western and don't do lor.

Just to share my bad experience with my CL which we have decided to let her go after 2 weeks of service. "Aunty Jenny" was assigned to me by her so called team leader and since I have placed a deposit with them many months prior to my EDD, I would assumed all terms and conditions would have been agreed upon. And when the day arrives to start my confinement, she did not live up to our expectation.

1) The CL is totally anti breast feeding. Kept telling me that my baby is hungry and we should feed him formula. This happened every single time he cries. She doesn't bother to check his diapers and just said he is hungry and we should feed him formula.
2) Knowing I'm trying to total breast feed my newborn, I still caught her feeding him formula milk and didn't bother waking us up when our baby cried. She sometimes tell my crying son that we don't want to feed him. That made me very upset.
3) She has her own traditional methods in taking care of the baby which disagrees with us. She puts a kind of TCM powder into my newborn's mouth without asking or telling us. It gave me the shock of my life! Also she feeds him water after a feed although we don't agree with that as well. She also puts the medicated oil on my newborn's cord directly which shld be kept dry etc.
4) Her only redeeming point is that she cooks well.

Since my mandarin is relatively poor we can't really communicate and it kind of frustrates her. Also when we terminated her service after 2 weeks, she actually made a fuss about the payment and even accused us of short changing her. It made my mum so angry when she asked for a fat red packet. We just gave it to her in order to end it at a good note.

Hi,
May I get Siew Yong's contact details pls? My EDD is mid-June and would like help for 3 months. Thanks much in advance!

Back