Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

Everyone is telling me add cereal to their milk. Is that so

Add cereal to their milk in the milk bottle? Oh no no not advisable this way they might choke cos they drink lying down. Or u mean add formula/BM to cereal n serve in a bowl? That's what I started with at 7 mths. Rice cereal mixed with BM served in a bowl n spoon fed.

ImageUploadedByForum1476342057.911783.jpg

What is best to start with - cereal or those pureed vege/fruit?
Was told not to start with fruits first. Cos baby might reject vege later on as fruits are much sweeter. Also read that the fructose in fruits might cause explosive diarrhoea if baby's body is not able to digest it well before 6 months. I started with rice cereal. Then puréed vege (pumpkin, carrot, sweet potato, sweet peas, etc) and oatmeal cereal. I like Bellamy's organic products. They have baby rice cereal and baby porridge which is oatmeal cereal. When u introduce a new type of food, always try it for 3 days. Just to make sure baby is not allergic to it.

Everyone is telling me add cereal to their milk. Is that so
The main purpose of weaning in 5/6 month is actually to let baby get used to spoon feeding. Their main diet should still be milk. The older generation advocates mixing cereal with milk in bottle but PDs advise against it as it can lead to overeating and obesity.

Are there any mummies here who were breastfeeding before starting a fresh ivf cycle or FET? How many regular menses cycle must we have before we can start an ivf cycle? Thinking of going for a fresh cycle in May/June and I'm not sure when should I stop breastfeeding. Actually, I'm having menses even though I'm breastfeeding. I am hoping to drag as long as I can.

Are there any mummies here who were breastfeeding before starting a fresh ivf cycle or FET? How many regular menses cycle must we have before we can start an ivf cycle? Thinking of going for a fresh cycle in May/June and I'm not sure when should I stop breastfeeding. Actually, I'm having menses even though I'm breastfeeding. I am hoping to drag as long as I can.
According to Dr, there are 2 conditions that we must meet before embarking on the next cycle:
- Menses are regular
- Stop bf-ing (as in no more milk in the breasts)
I actually stopped bf-ing in early Aug to prepare for my cycle in Nov. Hope this helps.

According to Dr, there are 2 conditions that we must meet before embarking on the next cycle:
- Menses are regular
- Stop bf-ing (as in no more milk in the breasts)
I actually stopped bf-ing in early Aug to prepare for my cycle in Nov. Hope this helps.

Thanks, gal! Should I change my appointment with Dr Tan from March to Dec/Jan? Not sure if I can still be slotted in for IVF in May if I see him in March.

I want to breastfeed my boy till his first birthday in Feb. Will it be too late to stop then?

Thanks, gal! Should I change my appointment with Dr Tan from March to Dec/Jan? Not sure if I can still be slotted in for IVF in May if I see him in March. I want to breastfeed my boy till his first birthday in Feb. Will it be too late to stop then?
I think must depend on the Q for fresh bah. I saw him in Aug and book for my frozen in Oct as well as a fresh cycle in Feb 17. When i book that time, the Q is already till Feb le. I think @towkayneo more kiasu than me :D So you have to decide if you want to bring forward your appointment or remain in Mar, but i think Dr Tan's schedule is full all the way till Jan liao.

As for when you need to stop bf-ing, it depends on when you intend to do fresh bah. I stopped about 3 months prior to my cycle coz i duno how long the body will take to stop milk production after i stop bf-ing. So i kiasu abit stop earlier lor.

I think must depend on the Q for fresh bah. I saw him in Aug and book for my frozen in Oct as well as a fresh cycle in Feb 17. When i book that time, the Q is already till Feb le. I think @towkayneo more kiasu than me :D So you have to decide if you want to bring forward your appointment or remain in Mar, but i think Dr Tan's schedule is full all the way till Jan liao.

As for when you need to stop bf-ing, it depends on when you intend to do fresh bah. I stopped about 3 months prior to my cycle coz i duno how long the body will take to stop milk production after i stop bf-ing. So i kiasu abit stop earlier lor.

Thank you! Getting an appointment to c him is always so difficult. Stressed. Managed to change my appt to early Jan.

Thanks, gal! Should I change my appointment with Dr Tan from March to Dec/Jan? Not sure if I can still be slotted in for IVF in May if I see him in March.

I want to breastfeed my boy till his first birthday in Feb. Will it be too late to stop then?
ya ya! too late liao...get the appointment first then you arrange on your own for the bf...
Actually for bf, it's not like you want to stop, your boy will let you stop..you need to take into consideration his feelings...
it took my boy & myself about 2 months plus before he weaned the nightcap..quite emo for me lor...

my hubs still hiam too late, kns

my hubs still hiam too late, kns
Too late? You still need to bf Tristan for at least 6months le, +/- abit just nice lor. Woah... if he hiam too late, you ask him if could handle 3 kiddos, and all should be in their "hyperactve" stage. As i was typing i also sweat, but i bobian coz getting older.

Too late? You still need to bf Tristan for at least 6months le, +/- abit just nice lor. Woah... if he hiam too late, you ask him if could handle 3 kiddos, and all should be in their "hyperactve" stage. As i was typing i also sweat, but i bobian coz getting older.

If they too young u also feel shiong right preg n looking after another baby. But then again there is never the perfect timing. Even toddler also need attention n challenge.

If they too young u also feel shiong right preg n looking after another baby. But then again there is never the perfect timing. Even toddler also need attention n challenge.
Ya lor, there is no perfect timing. My preference is to be shiong at one shot, then i can relax all the way after they turn 4. But the embryos 不争气, gave me a gap of about 3 years. Thought can relax for #1 liao, then it's shiong time for #2.
My hub still add vinegar and say 生一胎,笨三年。Just as i was about to regain my sanity, become stupid again for #2. :mad:

Actually, I was thinking of 1 year cos though docs said good to bf exclusively for 6 months, but more kiasu, 12 months lo, then the hubs mentioned about FM. Aiya..cos HH's schedule is very tight, so I thought of seeing him, get all the docs and tests done up 1st, easier. Then on my end, I just play around 1-2 months+/-. Ya lo, that mad guy, he really thinks I am a baby-churning machine :p Actually, it's quite siong to handle a toddler and an infant and to manage the toddler is more difficult lo..

Ya la...everybody's getting older...how old/young are you? I see you keep saying old ley. Anyway, you started liao right?

Lol ryaaaaaaan
*scary*
Ya lor, there is no perfect timing. My preference is to be shiong at one shot, then i can relax all the way after they turn 4. But the embryos 不争气, gave me a gap of about 3 years. Thought can relax for #1 liao, then it's shiong time for #2.
My hub still add vinegar and say 生一胎,笨三年。Just as i was about to regain my sanity, become stupid again for #2. :mad:
Hahaha...sekali this time round twins...was telling THH that I want to chope his schedule next year, then he said what happens if this time round yields twins? My immediate thought was gestational diabetes and C-sect :/

Actually, it's quite siong to handle a toddler and an infant and to manage the toddler is more difficult lo..
Dun worry, it gets better. My #2 is crawling and learning how to stand independently now, so it's very difficult to leave him unattended. Luckily my elder one helps me jaga the didi when i need to relieve myself or prepare their food. Else, cannot imagine how many times my #2 falls off the bed. :eek:

Ya la...everybody's getting older...how old/young are you? I see you keep saying old ley. Anyway, you started liao right?
I 35 liao le. This month do FET lor. Waiting for scan next Fri. But ET might be done by covering doc coz HH away from 31 Oct to 6 Nov.

then he said what happens if this time round yields twins? My immediate thought was gestational diabetes and C-sect :/
Me worse! My immediate reaction is "Do you do reduction?" But he doesn't want to do... coz of his belief. I am not so worried about GD and Csect, but more of whether i can extend my luck of conceiving or not. If really twin, i think i will go mad both mentally and financially. So assuming my D3 embryos survived to D5, i duno whether to transfer 1 or 2. Hard decision.:(

Dun worry, it gets better. My #2 is crawling and learning how to stand independently now, so it's very difficult to leave him unattended. Luckily my elder one helps me jaga the didi when i need to relieve myself or prepare their food. Else, cannot imagine how many times my #2 falls off the bed. :eek:

I 35 liao le. This month do FET lor. Waiting for scan next Fri. But ET might be done by covering doc coz HH away from 31 Oct to 6 Nov.

Me worse! My immediate reaction is "Do you do reduction?" But he doesn't want to do... coz of his belief. I am not so worried about GD and Csect, but more of whether i can extend my luck of conceiving or not. If really twin, i think i will go mad both mentally and financially. So assuming my D3 embryos survived to D5, i duno whether to transfer 1 or 2. Hard decision.:(
How old is your #1? Not bad ley...little helper. My #1 still too young to be a good helper, occasionally he will run away to watch TV or use his hand to press on didi's tummy (much to my shock).

Wow, exciting hor, doing FET and press the "Play" button once again (the 2WW, the POAS, the BT, the call, the scans etc)...

Hmmm, ya la, THH is that kind of "pro-creates", not "destroy" type of doc. After speaking to him, it seems like he's quite a devoted Catholic (I think Catholic) who sees himself as a tool of his God, to spread goodness to the world.

Actually hor, why you even think of reduction? Like very cruel ley :( This seems to be worse that being neglected in the cold storage in embryo form wor...

If dont want twin to play safe better put one if it's blasto. The most if really touchwood then put again. Better than kanna twins n with a baby plus one toddler. Faintzzz

*scary*

Hahaha...sekali this time round twins...was telling THH that I want to chope his schedule next year, then he said what happens if this time round yields twins? My immediate thought was gestational diabetes and C-sect :/

GD very Cham everything cannot eat n must prick finger to test. But good thing never put on weight lor.

How old is your #1? Not bad ley...little helper. My #1 still too young to be a good helper, occasionally he will run away to watch TV or use his hand to press on didi's tummy (much to my shock).

Wow, exciting hor, doing FET and press the "Play" button once again (the 2WW, the POAS, the BT, the call, the scans etc)...

Hmmm, ya la, THH is that kind of "pro-creates", not "destroy" type of doc. After speaking to him, it seems like he's quite a devoted Catholic (I think Catholic) who sees himself as a tool of his God, to spread goodness to the world.

Actually hor, why you even think of reduction? Like very cruel ley :( This seems to be worse that being neglected in the cold storage in embryo form wor...

My #1 turning 4 comes Jan. Actually he is more of my "gate-keeper". I told him to scream for me when didi reaches a certain boundary which i have set. There was once when he was too engrossed with his toy that he forgot about didi and didi fell off the bed. He cried and can see from his face that he felt guilty. Really sayang though he snatches didi's toy frequently. Actually i think it's about empowering the toddler with some responsibility. Initially i also dun dare to let go totally. After observing for a while, i think he can and let go (but will still catch a glimpse at the kiddos if i am doing the laundry etc).

This time round i am more 平常心。Maybe coz i already have a blue team and is just pushing my luck for a pink one.

I must say HH is a devoted catholic as a convert. Heard that coz he went through some rough patches and this religion helps him see from a different perspective and approach things differently. And he "insisted' that his boys are brought up in a catholic way by enrolling them in a catholic school. *Initially i thought he was an AC boy* LOL

Reduction coz i was looking at the extreme of triplets. But where got so heng? But like what @Bunny33 said, maybe transfer 1 if it's a blast. But i oso scared by transferring 1, i lose out on the odds. Hai

Am curious. ...how long/time span will it take d FE to defroze?

N any one pls share roughly how does d procedure/process of doing frozen cycle ?

As am on no paid leave now n still considering should I try for #2 although I only hv left 1 frozen ....if d frozen cycle fail at least I know I will close shop ..don't think I hv d energy/strong mindset to go thro fresh cycle le....

TIA

I must say HH is a devoted catholic as a convert. Heard that coz he went through some rough patches and this religion helps him see from a different perspective and approach things differently. And he "insisted' that his boys are brought up in a catholic way by enrolling them in a catholic school. *Initially i thought he was an AC boy* LOL

Reduction coz i was looking at the extreme of triplets. But where got so heng? But like what @Bunny33 said, maybe transfer 1 if it's a blast. But i oso scared by transferring 1, i lose out on the odds. Hai

Wa, you are the #1 PA, this one you also know that he went through rough patches and a convert. AC boy? More of St Joseph?

Hmmmm, true la, usually blast is more stable, unless you super heng, it split into 2 lor...

Actually if time is running out, it would be a good idea to maximize the chances of conception - I feel that the general probability of a BFN of a single embryo transferred is higher than a single embryo split into 2.

Wa, you are the #1 PA, this one you also know that he went through rough patches and a convert. AC boy? More of St Joseph?Hmmmm, true la, usually blast is more stable, unless you super heng, it split into 2 lor...Actually if time is running out, it would be a good idea to maximize the chances of conception - I feel that the general probability of a BFN of a single embryo transferred is higher than a single embryo split into 2.
U should noe mah, consultation time is always chit-chat session. He knows i am a catholic, so he's ok to talk about religion stuff. Otherwise, he won't touch on this topic. And that's how i know he is a convert. Details of course i won't know la and also not apt for us to ask too.

And i agree with your analysis that chances of BFN of a single embryo is higher than splitting. Still i am a bit hesitant about transferring 2. Of course HH is also not for it assuming i have more than 1 blast. The current worry is whether the balance embryos can survive the thaw to D5. If can, it's gonna be an internal struggle comes 2 weeks later and HH won't be around to give advice. :(

U should noe mah, consultation time is always chit-chat session. He knows i am a catholic, so he's ok to talk about religion stuff. Otherwise, he won't touch on this topic. And that's how i know he is a convert. Details of course i won't know la and also not apt for us to ask too.

And i agree with your analysis that chances of BFN of a single embryo is higher than splitting. Still i am a bit hesitant about transferring 2. Of course HH is also not for it assuming i have more than 1 blast. The current worry is whether the balance embryos can survive the thaw to D5. If can, it's gonna be an internal struggle comes 2 weeks later and HH won't be around to give advice. :(
Hmmm, I enjoy talking to him during consultation, but every single time when I walked out of the consultation room, I would like like "shit, I just spent S$100 chit-chatting with him and I forgot to ask this and that"Haiz...

Hmmm, how many embryos you have in cold storage?

Hmmm, I enjoy talking to him during consultation, but every single time when I walked out of the consultation room, I would like like "shit, I just spent S$100 chit-chatting with him and I forgot to ask this and that"Haiz...

Hmmm, how many embryos you have in cold storage?
Me too! Maybe write down in your hp notes and make sure you ask those questions before casual conversation.
I have 7 left. HH told me to thaw 4 and sure get at least 1. But i told him i 12 showhand the 7 and now i sorta regretted it. :eek:

Hi any private gynae reccomended for ivf patients cos i noticed not all gynae willing to see ivf patients. Prefer mount alvernia

Me too! Maybe write down in your hp notes and make sure you ask those questions before casual conversation.
I have 7 left. HH told me to thaw 4 and sure get at least 1. But i told him i 12 showhand the 7 and now i sorta regretted it. :eek:
Why regret?

May i know if art painting/acrylic painting on canvas is allowed during pregnancy? i know painting the house is not allowed. not sure about art painting. I would like to paint a picture for my child to be hung in her room :) Need your advice. THANK YOU!!

Are you still in the midst of doing the scans or already scheduled for the ET? You still can change your mind as long as the ET haven't been scheduled yet. Let the review doctor know about your change of mind.

May i know if art painting/acrylic painting on canvas is allowed during pregnancy? i know painting the house is not allowed. not sure about art painting. I would like to paint a picture for my child to be hung in her room :) Need your advice. THANK YOU!!

Check with your gynae. Generally paints with solvents are to be avoided due to the fumes, be it house or art painting. More so in the first trimester. Non-toxic paints should be ok, but ensure the room is well-ventilated.

Check with your gynae. Generally paints with solvents are to be avoided due to the fumes, be it house or art painting. More so in the first trimester. Non-toxic paints should be ok, but ensure the room is well-ventilated.

Thanks skyangel. :) any impact in terms of "wold wives tales" ? I heard that if you paint the house, then the baby may get blotches on the face (eg. birth mark on the face).. so i am not sure about art painting (acrylic painting)..

Thanks skyangel. :) any impact in terms of "wold wives tales" ? I heard that if you paint the house, then the baby may get blotches on the face (eg. birth mark on the face).. so i am not sure about art painting (acrylic painting)..

Depends on whether you believe or not. If really want to be cautious, then all forms of painting should be avoided. No right or wrong answer.

It's like using scissors on the bed - I avoid using scissors while on the bed but will use it to cut stuff sitting at a table beside the bed instead. Likewise for other taboos, have to be realistic/practical when deciding what to follow and not.

Back