Maternity insurance

I'm keen in the policy .Im in my week 6 .will like to know how much is the the premium and what does it covers .So it's only cover during maternity period ?

anyone who bought the maternity insurance from AIA but conceived via Ivf? Can leave me your contact so that I can PM you?

Last edited:
I considered getting the maternity insurance from AIA previously but dropped the idea entirely. Reason being, its tagged onto a savings plan for the kid. Ultimately, other than ensuring the insurability of the child, you are also "forced" into signing up for a savings plan.
If we add up the cost of an accident plan and a hospital plan for the child (which is more essential in my opinion), it can come up to a few thousand a year. If we decide to get a Life Plan later on, the cost could be in the region of 5-8k a year (or even more)? Not suitable for budget conscious families.
I think GE offers a "Term Plan" solution to this. Meaning, just pay a one off amount to cover your pregnancy. No strings attached when child is born.
For mothers looking at maternity insurance, do check out the T&Cs and check out the different offerings from different companies. At the end of the day, if something do happen, the payout is not much at all.
Just my 2 cents worth!

Hello! I am from the insurance industry, and I have been dealing with mummies-to-be for close to 3 years. I totally agree that no one should be forced to get additional plans especially when it requires a period of commitment. It is better to speak with your financial consultant so that he/she whom has a better idea of you financial situation can advise you accordingly.

In my personal opinion (as a consumer point of view), pregnancy plan is very much a "just in case" plan to prepare for unforeseen situations during pregnancy, just like car or travel insurance. The plan itself is inexpensive, and most parents agree that having a new member in the family, responsibilities will increase, and living cost gets higher. Compulsory plans such as accident and hospitalisation are must have, however I'm sure we also want to give our next generation better education, not having to dip our current savings too much, also reducing financial burden in the event 'surprise factors' happen. In long run, start early when your child is on the way, definitely saves you a lot more. Those selected plans that is attach to the pregnancy plan is to kickstart the new situation at home and should be advise according to individual financial gaps.

If anyone here do not have someone to find out more, I am most willing to share with you my experience that I have gained so far. Is a blessing to help keen parents to ease their financial woes. If you think is not for u, you can take it as knowledge sharing ;)

I considered getting the maternity insurance from AIA previously but dropped the idea entirely. Reason being, its tagged onto a savings plan for the kid. Ultimately, other than ensuring the insurability of the child, you are also "forced" into signing up for a savings plan.
If we add up the cost of an accident plan and a hospital plan for the child (which is more essential in my opinion), it can come up to a few thousand a year. If we decide to get a Life Plan later on, the cost could be in the region of 5-8k a year (or even more)? Not suitable for budget conscious families.
I think GE offers a "Term Plan" solution to this. Meaning, just pay a one off amount to cover your pregnancy. No strings attached when child is born.
For mothers looking at maternity insurance, do check out the T&Cs and check out the different offerings from different companies. At the end of the day, if something do happen, the payout is not much at all.
Just my 2 cents worth!

Just wondering, the Life plan you are referring to is for the child or for yourself? If is for the child, I believe the figures that you mention are overrated. Is better to get a second opinion if the price is true. Maybe there is a reason to that amount.

Just my 2 cents worth!

Hi larrivee, I agree with what you mentioned. Unfortunately the GE insurance plan that you mentioned does not cover for mummies who conceived thru IVF. So pple like myself will have to look into only AXA or AIA. Fortunately my own shield plan does cover pregnancy complications and I am looking for coverage for my twins instead for myself. The maternity insurance from AXA also tagged onto ILP plan which is the kind of plan that most ppl will avoid since the mgmt. costs will be very high. However my insurance agent did mentioned that they can accommodate other life plans which I would think it's not as necessary for now as compared to hospitalization plan.

Oh yes, i understand from an AXA insurance agent once detected GD, if havent buy yet then dont think about it. U can check the medishield plan for coverage on pregnancy complications like some of the ladies mentioned here.

AXA doesn't insure IVF pregnancy right?
AXA Family Advantage is the latest plan that starts cover from Week 16 and last application is Week 36.. It has a flexibility to either buy pure savings plans (endowment) for child's education or increase parents' life cover as liabilities increase with new member in the family. And we cover both IVF and natural conceive pregnancy. We also cover both mummy and baby hospital care (normal ward inclusive) in the event if stay more than expected number of days- due to complications listed. In the event of premature (within 60 days from original due date), parents can get life plan for baby subject to limits- this can be decided after baby is out ;)

If anyone has interest, please drop me inbox as it does not prompt me in this thread. I can share with you more.. No obligation! Sharing is caring!

To Note: AXA family advantage has been awarded Best Insurance Coverage for parents and babies in Parents World Best of the Best 2016

i am also looking for insurances for my whole family. intend to change my agent to someone more responsible. please recommend!! i prefer GE or Prudential. but if got better ones im ok too!

i am also looking for insurances for my whole family. intend to change my agent to someone more responsible. please recommend!! i prefer GE or Prudential. but if got better ones im ok too!
Hi Janelmummy. I am a financial planner from AXA Life. I will be able to help in doing an overview of your current plans and see where are the gaps. No obligations. You may PM me.

Hi! I have a friend in Prudential, if u are interested can contact her at +65 9816 8157, madelyn. She is supporting 3 kids and really needed sales, so hopefully u can contact her if u are interested in any policy! Thanks! :)

Very thankful to have a good and supportive friend! Hello, I am Madelyn, representing Prudential. Yes I have 3 boys age 7,4 & 2.
Should anyone have any queries, feel free to contact me at 98168157.

Hi, We are a independent FA and supported by most company. Do contact me for a free comprehensive FA review with no obligation.

Hi, I am currently 14 weeks pregnant, can I still buy from AXA, Prudential, GE, or OCBC? Is there waiting period for these companies?

Hi, I am currently 14 weeks pregnant, can I still buy from AXA, Prudential, GE, or OCBC? Is there waiting period for these companies?

Hi, you should be in your 17th week now. You can purchase from Prudential when you reach 18 weeks onward. You can give me a call at 98168157, I am a Financial Consultant representing Prudential, and a Mom of 3 boys.

More plans available now

- AXA (can be bundled with ILP, life plan or savings plan)
- AIA (bundled with ILP)
- Prudential (bundled with ILP)
- GE/Ocbc (not bundled with ILP)
- NTUC (latest plan - not bundled with ILP)

Cheapest option is those without bundles.

If parents are not well covered should go for Axa that you can bundle with a life plan for daddy or mummy.

Just my 2 cents worth!

So
Which insurance you get ?

Back