Dr Peter Chew from Gleneagles

Hi I do not know the fee as Dr Chew didn’t mention I needed lapa after some scans.

In any way, wish you all the best in ttc =)

currently under Peter Chew, and saw him last Sat (booked online through Gleneagles web portal, din bother to even call). Was recommended to him by one of my friends, and yes, like what everybody else says here, he has 2 consultation rooms and he really is one-man-show for both. Cos it was a Sat (my apt was at 10am), waited for close to 2h before we got to see him (make sure u bring a sweater, waiting room is freezing).
And no, he didn't rush through the consultation...we spent about total half an hour in consultation (including an intrusive vagina scan to check my waterbag -- was 5 weeks then). My next appt is on 6 Nov, to scan for the heartbeat. In case you are wondering, I paid about $300+ for the consultation, prenatal vitamins and also a book he co-written with other gynaes. (lol)

Like my fren said, he is rather old-school and a bit kiasee. Cos I'm 35 (in textbook term, it's an "elderly pregnancy" -- his words), he says he want to see me every fortnightly until he is happy the bb is stable.

My mum isn't so happy with my choice though, she said one drawback about Peter Chew is he is "old" (in fact, he delivered my cousin, who is 2 years older than me...), and she warns that if the bb is normally conceived, he may not even be the presiding doctor in the birthing room (not sure whether true or not).

But I don't think I will change gynae...too leychay, and imo, age (and experience) may count for something? at least if he is as good and experienced as claimed, he'd have seen many more cases than another gynae in his 30s/40s?

I have just returned to Dr Chew last week.

He is a very caring person and he takes each patient's needs very personally.

Whether to continue with him or not for the full term it really depends on you. No wrong or right. See what and whom you're comfy with.

Hi all, would like to share my personal experience with Dr Chew. I just had my 3rd miscarriage on 1 Dec. I went to see Dr Peter Chew during my 2nd pregnancy as I was spotting and wanted a change of gynae.

During our first visit, we found him to be very personal and warm. He warded me in hospital as I was spotting and put me on bedrest thereafter. Injections and hormone pills were given to me to try to support the pregnancy. However, the pregnancy ended and he performed an evacuation of the womb for me. The procedure incl. hospital charges amounted to about $4.5k (the first D&C i did was $700). Then, we didn't think much of that as we were too tired of the miscarriages.

For my 3rd pregnancy, he advised us to visit him as soon as we find out that I am pregnant. So i went to him after i tested positive. He put me on bed rest and gave me injections and hormone pills to try to support the pregnancy. But same thing happened and we had to do the evacuation again. This time round, we were pretty annoyed by the way we were treated by the clinic.

First, he kept forgetting that that was only the 2nd miscarriage and we had have 1 healthy child. But he could remember other things that interest him.

Second, he told us that he could do the evacuation on the same day and told the assistant to arrange for it. His assistant booked the Operating Theatre and tried to book his Anaesthetists contacts but none were available. We overheard the conversations as the assistant was making the calls at the counter. Then Dr Chew called us in and told us that the procedure could not be done on the same day as they could not book the Operating Theatre. We found this very unprofessional. Just because he couldn't get hold of his Anaesthetics friends, he lied. As we still needed him to do the procedure for us, we just LL and left it as such.

When we received the final bill, we saw that he increased his surgeon fee from $1.9k to $2.2k and charged an additional doctor's attendance fee of $321 (even though that line item was being struck off when they first showed us the charges) when it was a day surgery and he didn't even visit me in the ward after the operation. The total bill amounted to around $5k. My husband called up the clinic to check on the basis of charging the doctor's attendance fee and the first thing the clinic assistant asked was whether I was warded. When my husband said no, she went on to say that it was Dr Chew's style of charging. Then when further queried, she changed her statements by saying that it was for the histology charges (this was not correct as when I went back to see Dr Chew for my review, he told me that the culture for the chromosome tests could not be done as there was no villi to culture and told me to make sure that we weren't charged for that).. My husband was very angry by the way she handled the situation, and when she panicked, she just passed her the phone over to her colleague without informing him. We felt that was very unprofessional and rude. To be honest, we are going to claim insurance for the procedure but it was a matter of principle. Thereafter, my husband wrote an email to the clinic and Dr Chew called him up the next working day. Initially he said that there was a error in charging and would refund us the money, but a while later, he called again and said there was nothing wrong with the bill.

Not only that, we had to pay $150 (excl. GST) for him to fill up a page of insurance documents and he said it would take a week, but it took 2 weeks, and it was only after my husband wrote in that e-mail that they expedited it. When we went to collect the insurance documents, we wanted to just leave after collecting it but the clinic assistant told us to wait as Dr Chew wanted to speak to us. After waiting for some time, she said no need to see him and told us to leave. It was really very unprofessional of him. Personally i feel this is not right, how would you feel if you are the patient suffering 3 losses and have to get such treatment from the clinic. Initially we didn't mind paying more as we thought he could help us and we would get better services. We would not be going back to him..

This is just my personal experience with him and i just wanted to share..thanks for hearing me out.

Hi all, would like to share my personal experience with Dr Chew. I just had my 3rd miscarriage on 1 Dec. I went to see Dr Peter Chew during my 2nd pregnancy as I was spotting and wanted a change of gynae.

During our first visit, we found him to be very personal and warm. He warded me in hospital as I was spotting and put me on bedrest thereafter. Injections and hormone pills were given to me to try to support the pregnancy. However, the pregnancy ended and he performed an evacuation of the womb for me. The procedure incl. hospital charges amounted to about $4.5k (the first D&C i did was $700). Then, we didn't think much of that as we were too tired of the miscarriages.

For my 3rd pregnancy, he advised us to visit him as soon as we find out that I am pregnant. So i went to him after i tested positive. He put me on bed rest and gave me injections and hormone pills to try to support the pregnancy. But same thing happened and we had to do the evacuation again. This time round, we were pretty annoyed by the way we were treated by the clinic.

First, he kept forgetting that that was only the 2nd miscarriage and we had have 1 healthy child. But he could remember other things that interest him.

Second, he told us that he could do the evacuation on the same day and told the assistant to arrange for it. His assistant booked the Operating Theatre and tried to book his Anaesthetists contacts but none were available. We overheard the conversations as the assistant was making the calls at the counter. Then Dr Chew called us in and told us that the procedure could not be done on the same day as they could not book the Operating Theatre. We found this very unprofessional. Just because he couldn't get hold of his Anaesthetics friends, he lied. As we still needed him to do the procedure for us, we just LL and left it as such.

When we received the final bill, we saw that he increased his surgeon fee from $1.9k to $2.2k and charged an additional doctor's attendance fee of $321 (even though that line item was being struck off when they first showed us the charges) when it was a day surgery and he didn't even visit me in the ward after the operation. The total bill amounted to around $5k. My husband called up the clinic to check on the basis of charging the doctor's attendance fee and the first thing the clinic assistant asked was whether I was warded. When my husband said no, she went on to say that it was Dr Chew's style of charging. Then when further queried, she changed her statements by saying that it was for the histology charges (this was not correct as when I went back to see Dr Chew for my review, he told me that the culture for the chromosome tests could not be done as there was no villi to culture and told me to make sure that we weren't charged for that).. My husband was very angry by the way she handled the situation, and when she panicked, she just passed her the phone over to her colleague without informing him. We felt that was very unprofessional and rude. To be honest, we are going to claim insurance for the procedure but it was a matter of principle. Thereafter, my husband wrote an email to the clinic and Dr Chew called him up the next working day. Initially he said that there was a error in charging and would refund us the money, but a while later, he called again and said there was nothing wrong with the bill.

Not only that, we had to pay $150 (excl. GST) for him to fill up a page of insurance documents and he said it would take a week, but it took 2 weeks, and it was only after my husband wrote in that e-mail that they expedited it. When we went to collect the insurance documents, we wanted to just leave after collecting it but the clinic assistant told us to wait as Dr Chew wanted to speak to us. After waiting for some time, she said no need to see him and told us to leave. It was really very unprofessional of him. Personally i feel this is not right, how would you feel if you are the patient suffering 3 losses and have to get such treatment from the clinic. Initially we didn't mind paying more as we thought he could help us and we would get better services. We would not be going back to him..

This is just my personal experience with him and i just wanted to share..thanks for hearing me out.
Hi. I think this is the kind of encounters we really dislike especially you're already going through such unpleasant ordeal in your pregnancies.

Hope the road to recovery from mc, physically and emotionally, will be a quick one. There will always be a better doctor out there for us... Hope the stork comes for delivery to you soon. Take good care.

Dr Chew is my "family O&G". My mom went to him to deliver my sister and my mom recommended him to her sisters. All my aunts later went to him too. So everyone all the grandchildren in my family were delivered by him except for me, the eldest grandchild. He's really been doing this for a few generations. If my sister goes to him to deliver too, his service to my family will span multi generation.

Dr Chew delivered my first child few months ago. I feel very blessed that he took good care of us. God's will of course that all went well but his magic hands guided us through.

Will return to him if there's ever a #2.

There may be diverse comments on dr chew but having gone throigh with him for 3years,i wan to say he is caring. he msy not able to appeal to many because he could be senior and hence hard to show a soft look facial expression or good yalking like the younger docs.
Really wow got such people who think this way? I personally chose another doctor and had not seen Dr Chew but such thinking is really contrarian to logic and people with knowledge as the practice of medicine is based on experience. I think it's a uniquely Singapore trait to think in such ignorant ways. It's just opposite from the developed world! lol

Agree he has the magic hands to many of us falls under elderly pregnancy. His treatment protocol are standard prior to actual pregnancy happening :) cost a bomb but worth it :) agree on long waiting time n unprofessional manners but,he is the,only one that can give miracle :) so, just take all as positive :)

Back