Anyone with moderately severe endometriosis and ivf success?

Pearlyshells

Halo everyone,

Was wondering if anyone has moderately severe endometriosis and gotten a successful ivf?

Are there any foods we should be taking or avoiding?

Thanks so much in advance!

I am in the midst of ivf and they found a 1cm cyst on my left ovary and another 3cm on my right. If you don't mind, can i ask how big was the cyst on your right ovary? Also did the dr advise at what cyst dimensions would they consider halting the ivf? Am a little worried when they detected the two cysts on my ovaries.

Hearing that you have a successful ivf gives me hope!

I am in the midst of ivf and they found a 1cm cyst on my left ovary and another 3cm on my right. If you don't mind, can i ask how big was the cyst on your right ovary? Also did the dr advise at what cyst dimensions would they consider halting the ivf? Am a little worried when they detected the two cysts on my ovaries.

Hearing that you have a successful ivf gives me hope!

Mine was about 3.5cm. My Dr decided it's better to just do IVF instead of surgery as my CA125 (tumor marker which measures how active the cyst is) is low. My Dr said if the cyst grow any bigger then will need to do surgery first.
But I think it depends on the risk appetite of your Dr also. My delivering gynae had asked why my IVF gynae didn't do the surgery.

Yes there is hope. Don't give up ok. My endo is stage 4 and I still got a BFP.

Thank you so much for your advice! I won't give up! Your reply means a lot to me! I was actually thinking were the drs also trying to preserve our ovaries... cos more surgeries essentially might mean more scarring. Perhaps harder for them to retrieve the eggs?

More surgeries in the ovary will mean some of the egg reserves will be gone. Plus it'll take time to recover.
My IVF Dr told me that she'd rather we do the IVF instead. So with the BFP, the cyst disappeared. The adeno is smaller too. :)

Hi, The_spinsterella, could you share with us which doctor you see previously for the successful cycle of ivf.:)

Thank you for sharing us this informaton, The_spinsterella. Roughly how much does Raffles Hospital charge for Ivf. Is the doctor using short protocol for ivf?

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing us this informaton, The_spinsterella. Roughly how much does Raffles Hospital charge for Ivf. Is the doctor using short protocol for ivf?

Mine was the long protocol. I think it depends on the patient and what dr recommend. I think all in (including the tests before IVF), I spent about 20k.

Back