When can baby start eating other then milk

Hi peeps when can my babygirl eat other then drink milk?

Hello :)

Recommended is always safe to say 6 months and above. But I think as long as your baby is ready. Maybe your PD can advice you on that. But even if baby is ready before 6 months old, its good to start with a few spoonful of puree and grind rice for porridge.

So on e 29/8 is her 4th mos..... u cn let her hv e 1st taste.... u cn make it urself or get it at e supermarket.... like cold storage, it hs 4mos bby foods there...

So on e 29/8 is her 4th mos..... u cn let her hv e 1st taste.... u cn make it urself or get it at e supermarket.... like cold storage, it hs 4mos bby foods there...
Thanks a lot. Monday i go get avocado. Avocado can right? I see online baby can eat that. I always see 6m baby food. No see 4m lol. Maybe those i go didnt sell

Not too sure whether 4mo is allowed to eat porridge. But my mum used to cook really fine porridge with the anchovies soup. Is it too early to start on that?​

Thanks a lot. Monday i go get avocado. Avocado can right? I see online baby can eat that. I always see 6m baby food. No see 4m lol. Maybe those i go didnt sell
Normally cold storage hs or 4mos n up...porridge can start only at 6mos... yea avocado is gd...

Not too sure whether 4mo is allowed to eat porridge. But my mum used to cook really fine porridge with the anchovies soup. Is it too early to start on that?​

I think your mum probably grind the rice? Elderly at home told me that I can feed porridge if the rice are grind to powder. And the anchovies also grind to powder.

Other then applesauce there is also carrot puree that 4mo can take! I was on a SQ flight and they gave my baby just that! But it is indeed not easy to find 4mo baby food on shelve, haha. Not sure if you can feed avocado, but if you do try I think it must be a very very small amount.

I gave my baby veggie cereal (Nestle Cerelac) at 4mo. Very very diluted one made with breastmilk, it almost look like formula milk that can drink with milkbottle. I spoon fed him, He likes it so much that he kept opening his mouth for more! But to be safe I only let him have 10ml of it. To my surprise, this feed lasted him 5 hrs before he ask for feeding again! The reason I want to start solids early is because I feel my son is ready. And he still feeds 2 hourly so I guess my breastmilk is not keeping him full enough. He is all well now.

There are many sayings online, and different culture feed different food to baby to start them off. Like in Japan, babies are given non caffeine barley tea (mugi cha) as a part of the diet cause it's good for stomach. At the age of as early as 3months, starting with 10ml and gradually up :) So I guess giving them solids near to liquid form a little bit by bit to kick start is safe.

Other then applesauce there is also carrot puree that 4mo can take! I was on a SQ flight and they gave my baby just that! But it is indeed not easy to find 4mo baby food on shelve, haha. Not sure if you can feed avocado, but if you do try I think it must be a very very small amount.

I gave my baby veggie cereal (Nestle Cerelac) at 4mo. Very very diluted one made with breastmilk, it almost look like formula milk that can drink with milkbottle. I spoon fed him, He likes it so much that he kept opening his mouth for more! But to be safe I only let him have 10ml of it. To my surprise, this feed lasted him 5 hrs before he ask for feeding again! The reason I want to start solids early is because I feel my son is ready. And he still feeds 2 hourly so I guess my breastmilk is not keeping him full enough. He is all well now.

There are many sayings online, and different culture feed different food to baby to start them off. Like in Japan, babies are given non caffeine barley tea (mugi cha) as a part of the diet cause it's good for stomach. At the age of as early as 3months, starting with 10ml and gradually up :) So I guess giving them solids near to liquid form a little bit by bit to kick start is safe.
Dats a gd explanations... thumbs up.:D

yes agreed 6 months is a good guideline. Their digestion system is formed by then. From 0-6 months, their main source of food is milk and the calcium they need. Starting too early on solid may not be good. I read this in a motherhood magazine.

True..bt mummy have confidence in urself.. if ur bby can start as early as 4mos... u cn try do it so...too much is nvr gd. Alwys start wit a lil...hppy mummy is a hppy bby. :D

Yes .. Hold off till6 months old .
Try only a single food like steamed / mushed pumpkin for a whole b4 trying next single foodstuff .
Reason being .. Should there be an allergy ...you'd know the source .
If you are still breastfeeding , Good on you !!
Carry on !! Ur milk is still their MAIN food.
Good luck and enjoy !!

Guidelines are guidelines and are dead. I feel that mothers should be flexible and look for your baby's cues. If you do read up and read more you would realise baby can be fed pureed food from 4 months on.

My baby had his two bottom teeth at 4mo and can sit up straight. He has learned how to open his mouth to a spoon and is always hungry despite having 10 feeds of breastmilk a day. The polyclinic doctor say he is ready for solid food. Now he has been on pureed food for a month 2 feeds a day, still having 10 feeds of bm everyday, growing fine and fit even starting to show signs that he is ready for self feed.

So 6 months old is really just a guideline. If your baby is not ready, later then 6 months can also be possible.

Formula or bm is their main source of food, yes! and also feeding single food with the 4day rule is also safer in case of allergy but not really supported by studies on that if we're all talking about what we read from google.

On average 6months is ideal to start purée food. As babies between 6m-1years breastmilk and formula remains the most important source of nutrients for them, just prepare 2 or 3 small portions daily between milk feeding will do. I introduced Friso rice cereal for my daughter at the beginning as it is easy to prepare, nice taste but not too sweet, it is convenient esp when you are on the go. Gradually you can mix other vege/ meat purée together to enhance the taste. I also find that cereal is a 'not so messy' food to start with for self feeding training. You may give it a try. :)

Back