IVF/ICSI Support Group

Was informed today that my one and only day 3 embryo only has 4 cells.. What a bad result.. What's the chances now? Don't know why this round so bad when the previous cycles I can get blasts

Was informed today that my one and only day 3 embryo only has 4 cells.. What a bad result.. What's the chances now? Don't know why this round so bad when the previous cycles I can get blasts

Sometimes luck plays a big role. My sis in law's embies were 4 cells and 6 cells on day 3, and both took, both twin boys born very healthy already 3 yo now. While my fresh transfered embies were perfectly 8 cells on day 3 but failed.

Sometimes luck plays a big role. My sis in law's embies were 4 cells and 6 cells on day 3, and both took, both twin boys born very healthy already 3 yo now. While my fresh transfered embies were perfectly 8 cells on day 3 but failed.
But now there's only 1 day 3 embryo.. :(

i also have this problem if i take red bean soup or red date tea on alternate days. but mine worse, end up with sore throat and flu/cough. i thought this problem only occur to me.
Yeah. Now I feel my throat in pain after 2 days of red bean soup. I always have cold feet . That's why I try to take these to warm up but turn out sore throat.

Finaly a closure for me....Failed 2nd fresh cycle as expected after testing Poas prior Bt...Back to indulging all the cold foodies fried stuff...Those in tww hold on.Those startin cycle soon...All the best...Those whom have succeeded congratulations..Those who is still waiting like me dun give up! Keep trying!! I will come back once im fit to come back.Wun take long for sure.Biological clock ticking..Take care..I will be silent reader from now on...

But now there's only 1 day 3 embryo.. :(
hi,i think could be due to e amh is lower,so e eggs are lesser. or maybi this cycle and previous cycle u did somethg different. or maybi stress is e reason. u got try dhea this round?

chin up. yr one n only 1 needs positivity right now..there is once an embrologist told me keeping positive will be felt by e embries.

Finaly a closure for me....Failed 2nd fresh cycle as expected after testing Poas prior Bt...Back to indulging all the cold foodies fried stuff...Those in tww hold on.Those startin cycle soon...All the best...Those whom have succeeded congratulations..Those who is still waiting like me dun give up! Keep trying!! I will come back once im fit to come back.Wun take long for sure.Biological clock ticking..Take care..I will be silent reader from now on...
Hi yeah. When I failed my cycle, I ate all my favorites like sushi and ice lemon tea. And forget what is already passed. Try to keep fit and try another time. During these times, u can try on ur own at home. Who knows, u will strike it naturally. So don't be sad and eat whatever u like and get over with it. I know the feelings.

hi,i think could be due to e amh is lower,so e eggs are lesser. or maybi this cycle and previous cycle u did somethg different. or maybi stress is e reason. u got try dhea this round?

chin up. yr one n only 1 needs positivity right now..there is once an embrologist told me keeping positive will be felt by e embries.
No lei nuh doc doesn't recommend DHEA. Embryologist say she doesn't know if the embryo has stop growing as they have to overcome this 'block' at 4 cells stage to continue to grow.. and looks like mine hasn't overcome this block.. so if this current day 3 doesn't continue to grow.. means I've wasted this fresh cycle.
By right day 3 should have at least 6 cells

No lei nuh doc doesn't recommend DHEA. Embryologist say she doesn't know if the embryo has stop growing as they have to overcome this 'block' at 4 cells stage to continue to grow.. and looks like mine hasn't overcome this block.. so if this current day 3 doesn't continue to grow.. means I've wasted this fresh cycle.
By right day 3 should have at least 6 cells
hugs,i guess it depends on e 1 up there liao now. as some says,some 4 cells will grow. i think as long as even number of cells n look good,there may still have chance. just that it maybi starting is growing slow,as long as later catch up its ok. this 1 u never know. continue to pray who knows maybi it will be a warrior embrie? how abt e rest extracted?are they still in observation stage?
are u tag to e same embrologist as per last cycle or is another lady? trigger jab is administer same timing intervals as last time?

hugs,i guess it depends on e 1 up there liao now. as some says,some 4 cells will grow. i think as long as even number of cells n look good,there may still have chance. just that it maybi starting is growing slow,as long as later catch up its ok. this 1 u never know. continue to pray who knows maybi it will be a warrior embrie? how abt e rest extracted?are they still in observation stage?
are u tag to e same embrologist as per last cycle or is another lady? trigger jab is administer same timing intervals as last time?
I don't know who's my embryologist previously and I don't think it's the same person. Ya trigger jab is always the same time interval

Sorry, but why do we need a dominant follicle since the embryos have been retrieved? During the scans, the sonographer will read out if we have follicles but they will only indicate if it is small. The reason why i asked is because i have PCOS and do not ovulate regularly too. But i never encountered any cancellation for the many cycles i went through.

Natural FET needs a dominant follicle and ovulation, as the follicle secretes hormones to thicken the lining, and once ovulation occurs to "convert" the lining into being receptive for the embryo and for the body to start producing progesterone (to sustain lining and maintain pregnancy).

In medicated FET, the meds given helps in thickening the lining, however it suppresses the growth of follicles (majority of the time, there are cases where follicles still grow despite meds). Therefore no ovulation is needed, however progesterone meds (Crinone, uterogestan for example) are started a few days before ET to "convert" the lining's receptivity. Basically to make it the "same age" as the embryo's age in layman speak.

That's why Drs check whether one has regular menses, PCOS etc etc before deciding which protocol is more suitable. However there are always risks of cancellation in each type, just that in medicated FET there's less chance of cancellation since there's no need to rely on ovulation, so less one variable.

Natural FET needs a dominant follicle and ovulation, as the follicle secretes hormones to thicken the lining, and once ovulation occurs to "convert" the lining into being receptive for the embryo and for the body to start producing progesterone (to sustain lining and maintain pregnancy).

In medicated FET, the meds given helps in thickening the lining, however it suppresses the growth of follicles (majority of the time, there are cases where follicles still grow despite meds). Therefore no ovulation is needed, however progesterone meds (Crinone, uterogestan for example) are started a few days before ET to "convert" the lining's receptivity. Basically to make it the "same age" as the embryo's age in layman speak.

That's why Drs check whether one has regular menses, PCOS etc etc before deciding which protocol is more suitable. However there are always risks of cancellation in each type, just that in medicated FET there's less chance of cancellation since there's no need to rely on ovulation, so less one variable.
Hi sky, my medicated FET cancelled cos they checked my LH and said I ovulated. But my follicles size only 13max and lining 6.3 on that day. So if medicated FET, no need to care ovulation, why they cancel mine hah? I m confused. Is it cos of lining? Or they not enough time to prepare embryos? Or not enough time to give me med? I was taking progynova for that cycle.

Hi yeah. When I failed my cycle, I ate all my favorites like sushi and ice lemon tea. And forget what is already passed. Try to keep fit and try another time. During these times, u can try on ur own at home. Who knows, u will strike it naturally. So don't be sad and eat whatever u like and get over with it. I know the feelings.
So true! I just indulged myself with ice cream sushi waffles cold drinks etc...Will try natural as posible bcoz up to date no idea wats wrong deep within when all test turn out just fine!! No point tinkin abt the past.Ita the past.Keep moving forward And thankful that husband is so much supportive in evry ordeals we have gone thru...

Hi sky, my medicated FET cancelled cos they checked my LH and said I ovulated. But my follicles size only 13max and lining 6.3 on that day. So if medicated FET, no need to care ovulation, why they cancel mine hah? I m confused. Is it cos of lining? Or they not enough time to prepare embryos? Or not enough time to give me med? I was taking progynova for that cycle.

If you're doing medicated fet, ovulation is a no no. You can ask for ogalutran injection if you still ovulated w progynova. Is very unlikely to ovulate if we are taking progynova as it supress our eggs but few ppl still can ovulated.

I did 3 medicated FETs and none are cancelled and the nurse told me they only look at lining thickness and they are not bothered about whether I ovulated or not - it's exactly as what sky mentioned. So I'm puzzled as to why your FET cycle is cancelled due to ovulation.

I did 3 medicated FETs and none are cancelled and the nurse told me they only look at lining thickness and they are not bothered about whether I ovulated or not - it's exactly as what sky mentioned. So I'm puzzled as to why your FET cycle is cancelled due to ovulation.

Maybe each doc has their own technique? My doc will cancel if i still ovulated w progynova

Maybe each doc has their own technique? My doc will cancel if i still ovulated w progynova

I have pcos and i did 2x of medicated fet with transfers.

My dr gave me birth control pill - gynera first followed by lucrin for 19 days before starting progynova, crinone n duphaston. Gynera and lucrin are used to suppress our body to prevent ovulation.

While Progynova is synthetic estrogen to help build up or maintain our endo lining. It is oso given to women who are in menopause stage as their estrogen level has depleted over the years.

Unless ur drs had given medication to suppress ur body, else even u r on progynova there could be chance of body ovulating while fet preparation.

The other probable reason could be that the endo lining thickness was not in optimal condition n ur RE could terminate ur fet cycle too.

Difficult to say without knowing the full picture of your cancelled cycle, e.g. how long was the treatment cycle before cancellation, the scan details.

Hi everyone, I'm back to the IVF game again.. Just BFP in Aug and lost it in a short span of 1 month, at 9 weeks. Am with all of you in this fight again.. And may God give us all some hope!

Finesse9702,
So sorry to hear to hear this news :(
Hugs! Stay positive and your wishes will be answered!

Rest well Hajar and take a good break both mentally and physically, and be back soon to carry on fighting along with the rest of us! ;)

Did any one still continue Crinone inserts when AF came before BT?
Called yesterday to ask when a tinge of red appeared and the nurse said to continue the inserts even if AF appeared but I think it is kinda redundant. Somemore it's a Sunday today so cant go for BT till tomorrow.

Been an emotional wreck since poas earlier in the week yet now that AF came, feel a sense of closure. Not sure about next path but will want to continue fighting.

Called yesterday to ask when a tinge of red appeared and the nurse said to continue the inserts even if AF appeared but I think it is kinda redundant. Somemore it's a Sunday today so cant go for BT till tomorrow.

Been an emotional wreck since poas earlier in the week yet now that AF came, feel a sense of closure. Not sure about next path but will want to continue fighting.

I stopped it after my full flow came. At that time I knew it was gone but I waited until blood test result. Don't be sad too long for it. We have tried our best and prepare for next time ok? We all are in same road with you. Can understand it feelings.

Take care and rest well! But don't wait too Long as our eggs get older as time goes by! :(
Anyway Any frozen embryos left?

If it's just spotting I'll still continue... but if full flow then what's the odds? Can always use HPT to double confirm

I stopped it after my full flow came. At that time I knew it was gone but I waited until blood test result. Don't be sad too long for it. We have tried our best and prepare for next time ok? We all are in same road with you. Can understand it feelings.

If it's just spotting I'll still continue... but if full flow then what's the odds? Can always use HPT to double confirm

Thanks for the advice. Full flow already. Though was told by nurse to continue even if AF come, I really don't see a point in continuing. Would rather let it flow fully and get started again soon.

Take care and rest well! But don't wait too Long as our eggs get older as time goes by! :(
Anyway Any frozen embryos left?
Yup noted..My frozen only left 2.Have yet to see dr for review post failure cycle...But im sure gona sugest for last fresh cycle.Bcoz im a low reserve...Sigh..

Thanks for the advice. Full flow already. Though was told by nurse to continue even if AF come, I really don't see a point in continuing. Would rather let it flow fully and get started again soon.
Wen i had spotting for 1st cycle,nurse also told me to still continue.But i see no purpose as Poas said negatif.Ya tho dun believe this Poas tingy but somehow its kinda true a lil bit...Den when Bt results out totali expected a big fat negatif....

Yup noted..My frozen only left 2.Have yet to see dr for review post failure cycle...But im sure gona sugest for last fresh cycle.Bcoz im a low reserve...Sigh..
Actually if still have 2 why not do a FET? Who knows you might strike twins and that's it! No need anymore fresh

Actually if still have 2 why not do a FET? Who knows you might strike twins and that's it! No need anymore fresh
I have tried sugestin Fet to dr but he seems more positif towarda fresh den Fet..Probably bcoz im low reserve.So he may feared wastage of frozen if used them up and fail...

I have tried sugestin Fet to dr but he seems more positif towarda fresh den Fet..Probably bcoz im low reserve.So he may feared wastage of frozen if used them up and fail...

I would go for fresh too. For low ovarian reserve like us, the number of eggs & quality deteriorates as we age. So it's better to do fresh & freeze if we have any.

3 years ago I yield 5 eggs from my 2nd fresh, 4 fertilized with grade 4, Day 2 embies, transferred 2, freezed 2 (one of it make it to blastocyst). But 3 years later, still yield 5 eggs, 3 fertilized, transferred 2 (grade 4, 8 cells & grade 3, 7 cells), freezed 1. But the frozen one although its a grade 4 Day 3 embie but it's one day behind time. Only 4 cells instead of 8 cells on day 3.

So if your financial permits go for fresh & freeze any if you have for future use as frozen is definitely less taxing then fresh.
That's my penny for thoughts.

Yeah. Now I feel my throat in pain after 2 days of red bean soup. I always have cold feet . That's why I try to take these to warm up but turn out sore throat.

wah...we are so similar. i have cold hands and feet.
tried TCM for a month. first 2 weeks ok. after she change a component in medicine. i had sorethroat that progress to a very bad cough.
still having cough while doing the injections. :(

Anybody tried Long and short protocol and how different is your yield between Long and short protocol?
Saw doc and he suggest if do another fresh can try Long protocol...
Already no more grant and he suggest Long protocol!! ;(

wah...we are so similar. i have cold hands and feet.
tried TCM for a month. first 2 weeks ok. after she change a component in medicine. i had sorethroat that progress to a very bad cough.
still having cough while doing the injections. :(
Haha yeah. When I did acupuncture, I told physician I easy to get heaty then she adjusted my medicine too. That time no sore throat le. Now my throat just feel better but my menses starting to come. So back to cycle again. I wear socks while sleeping.

Anybody tried Long and short protocol and how different is your yield between Long and short protocol?
Saw doc and he suggest if do another fresh can try Long protocol...
Already no more grant and he suggest Long protocol!! ;(

Any idea why your doc suggest long protocol? I'm sure he has his reasons.
I did first fresh using long protocol and 2nd fresh short protocol.
Both yield 12 but the first one only 5 viable and the second one 10 viable. Too me no difference in the number. Quality wise improvement but that's cos I started to be more health conscious and following certain practises as recommended by the ladies here.;)

Any idea why your doc suggest long protocol? I'm sure he has his reasons.
I did first fresh using long protocol and 2nd fresh short protocol.
Both yield 12 but the first one only 5 viable and the second one 10 viable. Too me no difference in the number. Quality wise improvement but that's cos I started to be more health conscious and following certain practises as recommended by the ladies here.;)
The doc says since have already tried 3 short protocol, why not try Long protocol next..
How about you? What made the doc gave u Long protocol?

Back