May 2017 Mummies

Have added everyone in.. Welcome to the group! Anyone else not in the whatsapp group pls PM again yah, with your name, mobile.. Too many, we might have missed out some :)

You can PM finesse9702 or nessiie!
Hey mummies, I'll be creating the whatsapp group since nobody created it yet! Do PM me your numbers and I'll add you in :)
Im new here. Unsure how to reply Pls add me in whatsapp and fb

Hi everyone! I am moving to Singapore in two weeks, and I am almost 7 weeks pregnant!!! Super excited to find this May Mummies group, could anyone please let me know what the cost to visit an OBGYN there? Would love to set up an appointment as soon as I get there.:)

Have added everyone in.. Welcome to the group! Anyone else not in the whatsapp group pls PM again yah, with your name, mobile.. Too many, we might have missed out some :)

You can PM finesse9702 or nessiie!
Hi I just sent you my numer, thanks for your help!

Hi everyone please don't PM me from now on, please PM nessiie if you would like to join the May Mommies whatsapp group. Thank you!

Hi everyone! I am moving to Singapore in two weeks, and I am almost 7 weeks pregnant!!! Super excited to find this May Mummies group, could anyone please let me know what the cost to visit an OBGYN there? Would love to set up an appointment as soon as I get there.:)

Hi CC! Where do you come from? My first gynae visit costed me bout SGD150 - 50 for consultation, 50 for ultrasound scan and 50 for supplements. This is my regular gynae so consultation fee is discounted, he charges $20 more for new patient if I'm not wrong. So that's the cost for your reference.

Hi does anyone here experienced slight bleeding during the early stage of pregnancy? I had slight bleeding yesterday. I'm not sure if its spotting or what but today before I peed I saw blood again and I'm very worried. I'm at my 8weeks now. Gonna see the doc to check on the baby... Pray for us!
Hi Amalina, I have been spotting and bleeding since week 5. You should go to KKH for a check so that you can rest assure that baby is fine. The complication has so far costed us $1k :eek:

As you need to wait for the appointment to see your gynae, the nurses will normally advise u to visit KKH first to do a check. I visited KKH on week 5, visited the gynae on week 6 and just today, the 8th week.
Today found a big blood clot beside the baby, and just this evening, I was bleeding quite a lot compare with past few weeks, hopefully the blood has already been fully discharged.
The Dr will give you hospitalisation leave as well for you to rest well at home, I got 2 weeks on first visit and another 2 weeks today.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I'm a first time mum here tested positive with my clear blue test kit last week. Going for my 1st Gynae visit next week, Edd should be 26 May!

Hi everyone, I'm a first time mum here tested positive with my clear blue test kit last week. Going for my 1st Gynae visit next week, Edd should be 26 May!

Welcome Evilyn! We have the same edd :)
But my Gynae say it might change as we monitor baby's growth more in the weeks ahead.

Welcome Evilyn! We have the same edd :)
But my Gynae say it might change as we monitor baby's growth more in the weeks ahead.

Hi hi, I'm not sure if the edd is correct I just based on the calculator ultimately still need to see my gynae next week ! I'm still a newbie here!

Hello mummies, this is my 3rd pregnancy EDD 02 May 2017.
My gynae is Dr Ben Choey. I look like 3month preggy some pant unable to button up le. Sad:(

Hi Amalina, I have been spotting and bleeding since week 5. You should go to KKH for a check so that you can rest assure that baby is fine. The complication has so far costed us $1k :eek:

As you need to wait for the appointment to see your gynae, the nurses will normally advise u to visit KKH first to do a check. I visited KKH on week 5, visited the gynae on week 6 and just today, the 8th week.
Today found a big blood clot beside the baby, and just this evening, I was bleeding quite a lot compare with past few weeks, hopefully the blood has already been fully discharged.
The Dr will give you hospitalisation leave as well for you to rest well at home, I got 2 weeks on first visit and another 2 weeks today.

Hi Amalina and Jeanette, I was in this chat earlier in Sep. Last week, I miscarried at 9 weeks. Just wanted to take this chance to share my story and alert those ladies who are bleeding in this early stage of pregnancy.

Any sign of bleeding is not to be taken lightly. I had spotting once, in Week 5 and rested for a week, after which it stopped in about 4-5 days. Thinking that it's ok (since the ultrasounds all show sac was ok and baby was growing, and no sign of blood around sac), I went back to work. My second bleed (this is an actual bleed which wet abt half of my panty with fresh red blood) happened when I was attending a work event, and I rushed to hospital again. I got a proluton jab and increased duphaston dosage to 3 times a day. I was again given green light to go home and rest, since again the ultasounds show that baby was ok, heartbeat good, and sac wasn't bleeding.

I rested a week at home (on some days I left home to have meals with hubby outside and didnt do a total bedrest) and eventually it also cleared. On my 9 week scan, everything is ok, no blood, no sign of sac bleeding, and baby grew with a healthy heartbeat and I went back to work.

At work, I took bus out to lunch both days and did a fair amt of walking, tho not excessive. On the second day back at work, after a meeting, I had bleeding again in the middle of the day and rushed to hospital. This time, it was too late. There was bleeding around the sac, although i could still see baby and heartbeat when i reached hospital.

I just wanted to use this chance to provide some word of caution - we may not have the same conditions (I'm an IVF mom to be, and I'm 38 yrs old) but bleeding or spotting is never something to be taken lightly. If you can, pls try to have as much bedrest as possible, and minimise walking. You may even want to consider showering with a stool (coz gravity doesn't work in our favour!). I can't say for sure it is due to this, but it helps to be more kiasu than to sink into such depths of regret like what I'm in now.

I wish all of you success, and happiness and smooth pregnancies and all of you to have beautiful and healthy babies!

Last edited:
Hi Amalina and Jeanette, I was in this chat earlier in Sep. Last week, I miscarried at 9 weeks. Just wanted to take this chance to share my story and alert those ladies who are bleeding in this early stage of pregnancy.

Any sign of bleeding is not to be taken lightly. I had spotting once, in Week 5 and rested for a week, after which it stopped in about 4-5 days. Thinking that it's ok (since the ultrasounds all show sac was ok and baby was growing, and no sign of blood around sac), I went back to work. My second bleed (this is an actual bleed which wet abt half of my panty with fresh red blood) happened when I was attending a work event, and I rushed to hospital again. I got a proluton jab and increased duphaston dosage to 3 times a day. I was again given green light to go home and rest, since again the ultasounds show that baby was ok, heartbeat good, and sac wasn't bleeding.

I rested a week at home (on some days I left home to have meals with hubby outside and didnt do a total bedrest) and eventually it also cleared. On my 9 week scan, everything is ok, no blood, no sign of sac bleeding, and baby grew with a healthy heartbeat and I went back to work.

At work, I took bus out to lunch both days and did a fair amt of walking, tho not excessive. On the second day back at work, after a meeting, I had bleeding again in the middle of the day and rushed to hospital. This time, it was too late. There was bleeding around the sac, although i could still see baby and heartbeat when i reached hospital.

I just wanted to use this chance to provide some word of caution - we may not have the same conditions (I'm an IVF mom to be, and I'm 38 yrs old) but bleeding or spotting is never something to be taken lightly. If you can, pls try to have as much bedrest as possible, and minimise walking. You may even want to consider showering with a stool (coz gravity doesn't work in our favour!). I can't say for sure it is due to this, but it helps to be more kiasu than to sink into such depths of regret like what I'm in now.

I wish all of you success, and happiness and smooth pregnancies and all of you to have beautiful and healthy babies!

Hi Mummies, I m new here and I am expecting no 2 at wk8 n 4 day. But at wk 7, doc said baby 's heart beat is weak and expecting a miscarriage soon. My next scan is this Friday. If baby ' s heart beat really stop, this will be my 4th miscarriage.

Any mummies seeing NUH under high risk pregnancy and has sticky blood condition? Now doc said that every pregnancy is different so this might not be due to sticky blood as I hv took medicine to prevent n still not work. This really puzzle me on why n what reason cause all the mc.

Hello everyone! Congrats for being May 2017 mummies too!
I juz did the scan. My edd is 26 May 2017 (a day after my birthdate! Can share bday mth) Anyone same date? Hehehe..
Tho its still early stage, let's hope everyone baby is healthy and mummies strongs to go through the 'all day sickness'!
This is my No.3 baby. Unexpected cuz i juz had a miscarriage last July
Any1 had similar experience?

Hello everyone! I'm new to pregnancy. About 10 weeks now. Baby due early May.
Would love to be in watsapp or fb group

Thank you for sharing dear. I hope you will get better in time. Please take care.

guys, i have 3 box of duphaston to let go. overstock, am now into 2nd trimester doc say can stop. Pm me for details ba..

Hello ladies,
Just found out that I'm having twins (6-7weeks), edd end May. Currently no symptoms at all, except for occasional heartburn and tiredness at night. Hope to share our ups and down via this thread.

2nd pregnancy after 6 years. Edd late may. Into 7 weeks .. dr Adrian Tan from ACJ clinic is my gynae. I would like to join the whatapp group. Thanks

Hi Del_25!

My EDD is 26th May too! :) it's my first one though, the morning sickness is really getting bad for me :(

Wishing all the mummies a smooth pregnancy too!

Hello everyone! Congrats for being May 2017 mummies too!
I juz did the scan. My edd is 26 May 2017 (a day after my birthdate! Can share bday mth) Anyone same date? Hehehe..
Tho its still early stage, let's hope everyone baby is healthy and mummies strongs to go through the 'all day sickness'!
This is my No.3 baby. Unexpected cuz i juz had a miscarriage last July
Any1 had similar experience?

Hi all,

My EDD is 25th may. This is my first one and I'm so worries as I'm 37 this yr. Afraid lots of complication. Currently only feel tiring and headaches almost everyday and had my first scan on last fri. Currently 8weeks.
My gynae is Dr Adrain Woodworth in Thomson sengkang outlet

Don't worry I'm sure everything will be fine! I'm also in similar situation as well as I'm 35 this year but hoping for the best! I'm also constantly tired and nauseous, can't wait for the 1st trimester to be over:(

My gynae recommended the Paranoma test due to my age so will go for that even though it's much more expensive than OSCAR. Did your gynae recommend this test as well?

Hi all,

My EDD is 25th may. This is my first one and I'm so worries as I'm 37 this yr. Afraid lots of complication. Currently only feel tiring and headaches almost everyday and had my first scan on last fri. Currently 8weeks.

Me too my morning sickness has stuck with me since week 7 now I'm heading to week 11 and it hasn't let up...

Puking 3-4x a day is no joke... oh man when will this end? Anyone has good remedies? Crackers ginger didn't work for me.

I have to eat med to keep it under control.

Same here, I tried eating sour plum, crackers, ginger and peppermint tea which my friends recommended but all didn't help..still trying to find something that will work for me ;(

my gynae said she will prescribe med only if it gets really bad and the effect only lasts a couple of hours as well..hoping to feel better soon because it sucks always having this feeling something is stuck in my chest!

Same here... i'm week 9 now and have been puking in the morning since 2 weeks ago... but fortunately i puke on empty stomach, so will get those sourish fluid thingy...

I dont have much appetite, but will force myself to eat once every 2,3 hours...

Mine was really quite bad cuz I can't keep anything down whatever goes in comes out for the whole day. I can puke 3 to 4 times massively per day.

So no choice, when I get days like that I have to eat the med...

Still haven't found something that works for me yet. Any mommies have any remedies for morning sickness please share.

Hi all,

Hi loveurself,

I am same as you, first and 37! also worried so hope we have a smooth one throughout! ;)

Afternoon ladies (and gents),

My missus is expecting our second kiddo and she's 35 this year. Kinda amazed there's now the Harmony and Igene test and I'm wondering what's the average price that your gyane is Charging you (if you don't mind sharing).

Ours quoted 1600 excluding GST for Harmony, and 1800 excluding GST for Igene

Thanks in advance

Hi loveurself,

I am same as you, first and 37! also worried so hope we have a smooth one throughout! ;)
Don't worry to much. I'm 39 this year, this is my 4th child (my children ages 13, 10, 2) I got bleeding for 1.5 months till date because of polyps. I had asked my gynee, she told me its ok, u got bleed bec of polyps and she will take out the polyps on 2nd trimester. Just eat healthy foods and enjoy your pregnancy.

Hi,
With all the friendly mums-to-be sharing their good news n experiences, I can't resist saying hi. I'm 33, expecting my 1st surprisingly spontaneous coz previous 2x IUI and 2x IVF procedures didn't get me pregnant... With Dr Lawrence Ang from TMC but potentially delivering at Mt A. Coz it's my first pregnancy, no m/c before, it's so worrying to read about Oscar tests and potential risks... Good for me that so far, I feel sick in the evenings but coz I get hungry every 2hrs, I'm eating quite well with no committing...
Congrats to all mums-to-be!

Hi all,

Don't worry.. stay positive :) everything will be fine
I'm 34 this year and this is also my first one... i had spotting during week 5-6 and was put on bed rest. I was very afraid at first, but had learnt to be positive :)

Back