Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

Sleep at 9pm...tt is so cool ! What x bub wake up den?

Mine sleep btwn10-10.30pm n his wakey time depends ...sometime as early as 8.30am (I will hide n peek at him ,cross my finger tt bub sleep back but mostly he will make noise follow by loud cry if long time bo chup him)..sometime 10.30am ...
Sleep through liao ah? My #2 gave me false hopes by sleeping through when he was around 5 months? That only lasted for 1 month and now he is back to night feeds. Grr.... i need my sleep!!!!!

Piglet how many times do you pump a day now ? I m pumping twice a day since ladt week, dunno if can maintain the supply with 2 pumps
Me surrender. Pump 2 per day supply with FM. Now 3wk back to office. I missed my sleep. Reducing my pump stopping bm Liao.

Yup sometimes it is like that... I also replied to work emails during my ML, though quite minimal. Just that sometimes cos she holds info that no one else has, no choice but to do...
When she returns to work, she got to be qt firm on knock off time... Not easy...
Me too trying to clear emails n at least keep up with what's going on.

To stop bm must see dr not
No need. Just slowly extend the interval between each pump n by the time ur missus reaches 1 yo 2 pumps a day, can stop totally liao. Using cold cabbage can reduce the supply and prevent engorgement when the frequency of pumps reduces.

Ok k
Sleep through liao ah? My #2 gave me false hopes by sleeping through when he was around 5 months? That only lasted for 1 month and now he is back to night feeds. Grr.... i need my sleep!!!!!
Ok ley! At least you have 1 month of uninterrupted zzz, better than nothing leyyy

No need. Just slowly extend the interval between each pump n by the time ur missus reaches 1 yo 2 pumps a day, can stop totally liao. Using cold cabbage can reduce the supply and prevent engorgement when the frequency of pumps reduces.
Life's so strange, now doing the frequent pumping - I am pumping like many times a day, you wonder when will this end. When it's time to wean the bm, you get emotional. Haiz

Ok k

Ok ley! At least you have 1 month of uninterrupted zzz, better than nothing leyyy
I wish... during that month, my elder one duno why keep waking up in the middle of the night and needs to pat him to sleep after that. Even when they poo, they also do it one after another in the middle of the night. How to sleep le....

Life's so strange, now doing the frequent pumping - I am pumping like many times a day, you wonder when will this end. When it's time to wean the bm, you get emotional. Haiz
Exactly!!!!

Haha i think we will always be worried for LO until dunno when.... Mb they 30 yr old we still worried hAh

Getting about 150-200 ml per pump.....the rest of feeds I am supplementing with frozen bm...

Hopefully can main ti this amount

Wow ..ur 2 pump per day = to my 6 pump per day...n u still hv stock up of fbm...tt is actually very good le....

Ah...not really. ..he at times will cry for milk middle of night...somemore now his face is full of heat rashes, he ask to be comfort more den usual...I think cos is itchy...

Haha. ..so feel u...I wan my sleep too!

Wow ..ur 2 pump per day = to my 6 pump per day...n u still hv stock up of fbm...tt is actually very good le....
The stock up was from my pumping during my maternity leave.... My gal is a small drinker, at 13 weeks, only taking 70-90 ml per feed every 2 to 3 hrs

For those c sect mummies, how long do u need to wear abdominal binder?
as it is so hot n i hving rashes becoz of the binder so juz wonder any mummies still wearing when doing the confinement? appreciate ur advise. thx

I wore for a very long time!! Daily 24/7 for 3 months even during confinement. If I feel hot or uncomfy in the day since didn't on aircon, I will wear it over my tshirt. But most of the time I just wear it directly as I can tahan it. I've stopped wearing it recently and bought wink shapewear which I wear to sleep and for work. So u need to wear accordingly to your skin condition & whether you can tahan or not. Haha...I just want my tummy to go down so I just bite the bullet and wear religiously.

Last edited:
I wore for a very long time!! Daily 24/7 for 3 months even during confinement. If I feel hot or uncomfy in the day since didn't on aircon, I will wear it over my tshirt. But most of the time I just wear it directly as I can tahan it. I've stopped wearing it recently and bought wink shapewear which I wear to sleep and for work. So u need to wear accordingly to your skin condition & whether you can tahan or not. Haha...I just want my tummy to go down so I just bite the bullet and wear religiously.

hey babe,

the shapewear you bought, is it more comfy to the skin?
I am thinking of buying something that i can wear to work with and replace the current one that I bought from KK.
now aso getting lax, dont wear 24 hours liao, mostly night time only. :(

Woah so good your baby! Mine gets angry with me. So far, it's been 6 days and all 6 days he refused to look at me when I come back. I had to pacify him and talk to him before he look at me and smile. He will smile and look at everybody else but not me. Last Friday he refused to look at me for more than 30mins. I almost cried. :-(

Apparently someone told me whenever we go out or even bringing them out or if we want to do something, we must talk to them and let them know. I think it's true leh coz my girl is sticky to her daddy like a leech. So during meal times, he will tell her "let daddy eat first ok....after eating then I carry you" and she seems to understand coz for that 10mins she won't make noise! It's tried and tested a few times already. So it's pretty scary how the kids react and seem to understand adults these days. Oh, and got once I was so fed-up with my girl whom keeps crying and whinning that I scolded her! And she really diam diam after that...though u can see her miu-miu face...trying not to cry! Very funny sight actually. haha...So maybe you can try to 'talk' to him and see if it works?

hey babe,

the shapewear you bought, is it more comfy to the skin?
I am thinking of buying something that i can wear to work with and replace the current one that I bought from KK.
now aso getting lax, dont wear 24 hours liao, mostly night time only. :(

Yes, I find the material not bad and coz it's like a girdle, it doesn't 'shift' position unlike binders. It lifts & supports the droppy tummy. I bought 2. One is the booty shaper knee for night and Ultimate postpartum original bikini for work. I personally find booty shaper thinner and more comfy but coz it's knee length so I wear it at home. The other one I find it slightly thicker but it's a good body shaper esp if you wear clothes that can show your tummy. This will help compress and make your tummy more firm.

Yes, I find the material not bad and coz it's like a girdle, it doesn't 'shift' position unlike binders. It lifts & supports the droppy tummy. I bought 2. One is the booty shaper knee for night and Ultimate postpartum original bikini for work. I personally find booty shaper thinner and more comfy but coz it's knee length so I wear it at home. The other one I find it slightly thicker but it's a good body shaper esp if you wear clothes that can show your tummy. This will help compress and make your tummy more firm.

May I know the brand "wink "body shaper u mentioned brought from where n roughly how much?

I still wearing d one (24/7 since c-sec) I had brought from kkh n alternatively rotate between another binder I bought online but I find it not very good(material rough n tough)...I dun noe or is it I m use to wearing one if I dun wear binder now I feel uncomfy n fat....

May I know the brand "wink "body shaper u mentioned brought from where n roughly how much?

I still wearing d one (24/7 since c-sec) I had brought from kkh n alternatively rotate between another binder I bought online but I find it not very good(material rough n tough)...I dun noe or is it I m use to wearing one if I dun wear binder now I feel uncomfy n fat....

Yeap, I also feel like not secure and my tummy fats all bulging out if I dun wear. You can check out the website here http://envyher.com.sg/ ;and fittings can be arranged with the seller (Jeannie) @ pasir ris if you prefer to try it on before purchasing. Can get it right away from her place. Very nice lady & she will advise you the sizing and the suitable model.

But I got it slightly cheaper coz there was a bulk purchase going in for the June Mummies in the FB group. If you're keen, maybe you PM me I can ask her if she can give you the same discount. I think it was abt 25% off? Coz I paid a total of $230+ for the 2 pieces if I remember correctly.

Yeap, I also feel like not secure and my tummy fats all bulging out if I dun wear. You can check out the website here http://envyher.com.sg/ ;and fittings can be arranged with the seller (Jeannie) @ pasir ris if you prefer to try it on before purchasing. Can get it right away from her place. Very nice lady & she will advise you the sizing and the suitable model.

But I got it slightly cheaper coz there was a bulk purchase going in for the June Mummies in the FB group. If you're keen, maybe you PM me I can ask her if she can give you the same discount. I think it was abt 25% off? Coz I paid a total of $230+ for the 2 pieces if I remember correctly.

Thanks milogal88. ...I have just view d website u provided...look quite chio n comfy ley d body shaper...

I PM u ya. ..hope I can get d same discount as I wan to discard my old looking binder lor...

Apparently someone told me whenever we go out or even bringing them out or if we want to do something, we must talk to them and let them know. I think it's true leh coz my girl is sticky to her daddy like a leech. So during meal times, he will tell her "let daddy eat first ok....after eating then I carry you" and she seems to understand coz for that 10mins she won't make noise! It's tried and tested a few times already. So it's pretty scary how the kids react and seem to understand adults these days. Oh, and got once I was so fed-up with my girl whom keeps crying and whinning that I scolded her! And she really diam diam after that...though u can see her miu-miu face...trying not to cry! Very funny sight actually. haha...So maybe you can try to 'talk' to him and see if it works?
Haiz! I tried talking to my #2 cos he refuses to sleep & wants to be carried all day long, telling him to be cooperative cos we don't have the luxury to keep carrying him; need to do other things. Still the same...kns :/

what brand of shapewear u bought? dont mind sharing with us :)

Yah they will understand. I always talk to him and I know he understands what I'm saying but he's still angry.
Today even worse, when we walked to the car park, he already got angry with me and when we're leaving my in-law's place, he cried. So I think he knew I'm going to work and he doesn't like it. :-(

may i ask for mummies bf, can we go n do hair colour? I am gg to finish my confinement n wan to cut and colour my hair :)
btw after confinement, no need to drink red date longan tea everyday rite? pls advise me... #firsttimemum

may i ask for mummies bf, can we go n do hair colour? I am gg to finish my confinement n wan to cut and colour my hair :)
btw after confinement, no need to drink red date longan tea everyday rite? pls advise me... #firsttimemum

Hair color if wan do ...do those organic type...

No need drink red date tea everyday ..but some claim it help to boost bm...most importantly is drink at last 2litre of water everyday ...

Hi mummies/daddies...

Any of u all using the below mentioned for baby bath ? If yes any review on them pls share with me?

- cetaphil baby
- Qv
-Gaia
-sebamed baby

I know is pretty trial n error to see which type of baby bath is suitable for individual bub but would like to at least narrow down d selection .

As bub hv not been using any baby body wash for a week (just wash w water) n his skin condition improved (esp his reddish bumpy rash around butt crack area totally disappear) but can't be not using any at all forever as bub grow up although he dun smell bad la for now....

TIA

Hi mummies/daddies...

Any of u all using the below mentioned for baby bath ? If yes any review on them pls share with me?

- cetaphil baby
- Qv
-Gaia
-sebamed baby

I know is pretty trial n error to see which type of baby bath is suitable for individual bub but would like to at least narrow down d selection .

As bub hv not been using any baby body wash for a week (just wash w water) n his skin condition improved (esp his reddish bumpy rash around butt crack area totally disappear) but can't be not using any at all forever as bub grow up although he dun smell bad la for now....

TIA
I use Gaia shampoo n body wash two in one for infant. Been using it since they were born n seems ok. Nothing to rave about n they do smell alright. One thing I like is no need to rinse off.

Hi mummies/daddies...

- cetaphil baby
- Qv
-Gaia
-sebamed baby

TIA
Hello!! My #1 & #2 using QV bath oil & cream. Why I used QV bath oil & cream cos my #1 had enczema so we went to the Dermatologist in KKH & he recommended non-soap which is QV. so far so good

I went to dye my hair a day before 30 days of confinement and I am breastfeeding my kid.
Ya after confinement, you r free liao- can eat whatever you want

Can I check with the ladies under kkh THH, does he prescribe fish oil for yr 2nd trimester? I m in 27th wk now and he only gave me progestrone and Garania multi-vit.

Can I check with the ladies under kkh THH, does he prescribe fish oil for yr 2nd trimester? I m in 27th wk now and he only gave me progestrone and Garania multi-vit.
hello. we are near! Well.. once my nausea got better after 1st tri.. i pester him for fish oil and showed him my own fish oil which i got from iherb and got his consent to go ahead and take. The multi vitamins content is very low.. You may want to ask him also?

Hey mummies, did you all notice weight gain slowed in 3rd tri? And appetite seems to drop too.... Hoping the babies are growing well inside... ;)

Hey mummies, did you all notice weight gain slowed in 3rd tri? And appetite seems to drop too.... Hoping the babies are growing well inside... ;)

My case's like yours... gained 10kg within 10 weeks in my 2nd tri (15-25 weeks), now gained almost another 5kg in the next 10 weeks (26-34+ weeks currently). Last measurement of bb's weight at 30 weeks was 1.5kg, which seems on track according to gynae. Next scan's next week at 35 weeks.

Appetite also decreased, 'cos now stomach space smaller due to bb pushing against it, eat little bit also full le.

U mean baby weight or your own weight? I find baby weight tend to slow down after third tri. So second tri is the time to boost their weight.

Back