IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

Hi all....

FET is frozen cycle?

I did retrieval on Wed and just went back to see THH today but cannot do transfer today probably due to high risk of ohss. He says to wait for Menses to come then take med for certain number of days then do the embryo transfer. Is thr chance of preg rate lower for frozen cycle compared to fresh cycle?

What does it mean by if I extracted 24 eggs, 10 are good and 5 kiv (today is day 2 after mixing the egg and sperm)? The 5 may not make it? Thanks everyone!

are you able to book the slot?
Hi, i haven book any slot. Dr Sadhana told me i should be doing in early Dec. I haven even went for the IVF briefing. How do i book for that briefing?
Just did my SIS scan this morning and resting at home now. Maybe i will cfm with dr when i see her in Oct.

Hello all! Had my second appt with Dr Tan HH to review my blood test result. he said everything ok, result was good, alot of eggs but just that my PCOS is not releasing them. So told him that we will schedule for IVF.

After seeing a gynae and Dr Loh @ TFC, i must say Dr Tan HH really alot of TLC. Dr Loh made me so upset on my second appt =X

Now waiting for them to call me to tell me the appt for IVF. I guess should be next year.

Wow found this forum for dr THH! Just ended my 3rd fresh cycle with NUH with lots of drama and worst results ever! If touchwood I need another fresh, was thinking whether should switch to THH in KKH.. But is THH is going pte?!

Does anyone know we need to pay the embryo freezing annual fee again if FET is done within the year?
For my case, I freeze mine in Aug and paid a annual fee which is up to July 2017. If I do a fresh cycle in Feb 2017 and had embryo to freeze, will I still need to pay the annual fees ?

For my case, I freeze mine in Aug and paid a annual fee which is up to July 2017. If I do a fresh cycle in Feb 2017 and had embryo to freeze, will I still need to pay the annual fees ?
They go by the period. As long as you have embies in storage after Feb 2017, they will bill you again.

Does anyone know we need to pay the embryo freezing annual fee again if FET is done within the year?
Likely still need to pay as they are frozen in different batches

Almondearie, let us know ok? I cant say how i heard cos this is public forum, wait the one who disclosed gets into trouble.
Actually this is not the first time someone mentioned about him leaving liao. Is the source from within KKH HR or from a reliable source within KKH? I wrote in to ask about it previously. KKIVF centre told me that there is no news that he is leaving. And if he is leaving, why would he need to apply leave during his usual period in Dec and Jan 17? I also asked him and he said no plans to leave in the short term aka 1-2 years coz there is still some prospects in KKH. If it is because of $ and time, he would have left a while ago.

PHEW Huge sign of relief. I just started at super early stage, if he leave will be sad since i need to do it at KKH for the grant.

Hello all! Had my second appt with Dr Tan HH to review my blood test result. he said everything ok, result was good, alot of eggs but just that my PCOS is not releasing them. So told him that we will schedule for IVF.

After seeing a gynae and Dr Loh @ TFC, i must say Dr Tan HH really alot of TLC. Dr Loh made me so upset on my second appt =X

Now waiting for them to call me to tell me the appt for IVF. I guess should be next year.

You're definitely in very good hands under Dr Tan HH. He has a lot of empathy and a very encouraging doctor. That's why he has got a lot of of fans in here! haha

You're definitely in very good hands under Dr Tan HH. He has a lot of empathy and a very encouraging doctor. That's why he has got a lot of of fans in here! haha
Ya man! I only found out about this thread after seeing him for the first time and my husband also agree he has alot of tlc.

If its a bfp, another happy problem, where to find a gynae to match his tlc? Haha.

Ya man! I only found out about this thread after seeing him for the first time and my husband also agree he has alot of tlc.

If its a bfp, another happy problem, where to find a gynae to match his tlc? Haha.

Sorry but what is TLC? Is it tender loving care?

I shall pray n hope he dun go.. Not now lol..

His predecessor also keep saying not leaving not leaving all the while but towards the last month suddenly left.

I shall pray n hope he dun go.. Not now lol..

His predecessor also keep saying not leaving not leaving all the while but towards the last month suddenly left.
I tink coz the predecessor was stuck as a HOD for a while and no further progression? So moving out might be a better move? Whereas for THH is already sitting in the exco at such young age. He said he will still be here for a while coz of some personal calling. He also ever mentioned that only in restructured hospitals, there will funds set aside for research. I guess this could be other reason why he is still here. Let's keep fingers and toes crossed till cramp..

Ladies, i am back.

For those who wondering who i am, well firstly not a mrs but a mr. We like many others here enbark on the journey about 1 year ago with many falls from IUI and IVF. Why suddenly i am back is because we hit the jackpot!!

Our gyne is none other than KKH and yes he is a very very very nice doc and very frank guy. It will be very sad if he is to leave because we seen other doc bevfore and NONE are as good and undersatnding as him. It is as if he been thru the process before and understand our pain thru the course.

There are many ladies whom had been giving me words of encouragement during the last months and i hope there are positive results too. The journey of parenthood is sure not easy espically for the mrs and is either easy for the hubbies who have to put up the varies demands but the mrs are the queen among the queen during this time.

Is exicting to see the small one develpoing and growing each day and focus suddenly change from work to family for me.

Advise to the all ttc-ing, enjoy the process, dun worry so much have faith in tth U in the best of hands (hands of god0 i will say.

I will keep in touch with all again, thank for all the up lifting messages all mummies to be!
REMEMBER THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE.

Hi, want to drop by and ask a question...
I am in my 10dp2dt today. I had no symptoms at all since transfer and today I feel all the AF cramps and backache... It feels so definite that AF is reporting... No spotting yet though. Anyone goes through this and still bfp?

Hi ladies, I am new here. In Sep, I went for SO IUI but failed. Changed my doc to Dr Tan and saw him this morning. As I m approaching big 40th in May next year, he suggested me to go for short protocol IVF which most likely in Jan or Feb 17. And also I might be able to make it for 2 cycles which in between each cycles is one mth break. There are few terms he used which I don't quite understand and I forgotten to ask. What is the different between fresh cycle and frozen cycle?

Hi ladies, I am new here. In Sep, I went for SO IUI but failed. Changed my doc to Dr Tan and saw him this morning. As I m approaching big 40th in May next year, he suggested me to go for short protocol IVF which most likely in Jan or Feb 17. And also I might be able to make it for 2 cycles which in between each cycles is one mth break. There are few terms he used which I don't quite understand and I forgotten to ask. What is the different between fresh cycle and frozen cycle?
Fresh cycle is when they retrieve eggs from your ovaries after stimulation (series of self-injections) and then fertilize these with your husband's sperms. Once fertilized, they will transfer the embryo back into your womb.

Sometimes in the fresh cycle, you get more than 2 or 3 embryos, so since the max number of embryos which can be transferred back is 3, the rest are placed into the freezer. So in the event ur first fresh cycle doesn't work out (choy choy), then the next cycle, you can choose to take from the freezer and just do transfer.

This is short term protocol in a nutshell. :)

Fresh cycle is when they retrieve eggs from your ovaries after stimulation (series of self-injections) and then fertilize these with your husband's sperms. Once fertilized, they will transfer the embryo back into your womb.

Sometimes in the fresh cycle, you get more than 2 or 3 embryos, so since the max number of embryos which can be transferred back is 3, the rest are placed into the freezer. So in the event ur first fresh cycle doesn't work out (choy choy), then the next cycle, you can choose to take from the freezer and just do transfer.

This is short term protocol in a nutshell. :)
Thanks almondearie! Your explaination is very helpful. Do you happen to know if first cycle failed (unfortunately) and I opts to go for frozen transfer (if I managed to freeze some) how long is the waiting time? Dr Tan mentioned to me it take only a mth break for me to go for next cycle, which I think he might be referring to frozen cycle? Just wanna confirm cos I heard 3 mths waiting time for IVF schedule and I assume this refer to the fresh cycle? A bit worried on the time frame due to my age

Ladies, i am back.

For those who wondering who i am, well firstly not a mrs but a mr. We like many others here enbark on the journey about 1 year ago with many falls from IUI and IVF. Why suddenly i am back is because we hit the jackpot!!

Our gyne is none other than KKH and yes he is a very very very nice doc and very frank guy. It will be very sad if he is to leave because we seen other doc bevfore and NONE are as good and undersatnding as him. It is as if he been thru the process before and understand our pain thru the course.

There are many ladies whom had been giving me words of encouragement during the last months and i hope there are positive results too. The journey of parenthood is sure not easy espically for the mrs and is either easy for the hubbies who have to put up the varies demands but the mrs are the queen among the queen during this time.

Is exicting to see the small one develpoing and growing each day and focus suddenly change from work to family for me.

Advise to the all ttc-ing, enjoy the process, dun worry so much have faith in tth U in the best of hands (hands of god0 i will say.

I will keep in touch with all again, thank for all the up lifting messages all mummies to be!
REMEMBER THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE.
Congratulations! I remembered you cos you always address your Mrs! So strangely I was also thinking how's your progress. Very happy to hear your news! Take care!

Thanks almondearie! Your explaination is very helpful. Do you happen to know if first cycle failed (unfortunately) and I opts to go for frozen transfer (if I managed to freeze some) how long is the waiting time? Dr Tan mentioned to me it take only a mth break for me to go for next cycle, which I think he might be referring to frozen cycle? Just wanna confirm cos I heard 3 mths waiting time for IVF schedule and I assume this refer to the fresh cycle? A bit worried on the time frame due to my age
Eh I recall one of my cycle buddies bfn in July but has her review only in Sep, it's also cos our Dr Tan is hot property. Packed schedule.

I haven't gone thru my first frozen. Heh.

Congratulations! I remembered you cos you always address your Mrs! So strangely I was also thinking how's your progress. Very happy to hear your news! Take care!
Thank you and I can't thank all the ladies in here. Luck and emotions plus some old wife tales may be did help this time.

Thus to all dun give up hope set target to break this zero. If u thinking praying helps do it, if u think wear someone preggy dress helps do it, just do note for all things dun over do it and go with the happy go lucky feeling.

Jia you everyone am sure with science and faith plus a bit of blessing all will break this zero.

Traditional here is spread dust: I spread tornado of babies dust to all

Eh I recall one of my cycle buddies bfn in July but has her review only in Sep, it's also cos our Dr Tan is hot property. Packed schedule.

I see.. Hope you strike the first time, don't need to go for the frozen cycle ;) I just kiasu a bit, thinking to book in advance for the next if the first failed. Lol!!

I see.. Hope you strike the first time, don't need to go for the frozen cycle ;) I just kiasu a bit, thinking to book in advance for the next if the first failed. Lol!!
I understand. I also like to plan in advance one. I struck first time but didn't end up well so have to rest before my first frozen cycle. I wish u all the best ya!

Actually you can start any time after review with Dr for FET. If you have scheduled your cycle and Dr Tan is not available on the transfer day (yeah, their schedule are very fluid) a covering doc (nowadays is usu Dr Jerry Chan) will do the transfer. Mine could be done by covering doc this time round coz Dr Tan is away for a week!!!

Back