(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Hrm...we started very early, so maybe the habit was formed. After using the cloth in the beginning, we moved to those brush that you can wear on your finger once there were teeth. Now our LO uses the pigeon toothbrush. The stem is quite thin (but sturdy), so maybe you can slip into the mouth?

I started very early too with cloth. I m using the same brush you mentioned that can be wore on the finger. But he refused to open his mouth. He only likes to use the pigeon toothbrush now which I felt that he is not really cleaning. The tongue still got white patch after milk. Sometimes I forcefully squeeze my finger in to wash his tongue. He is really angry n cry a lot.

Hi, does LO need to spit out the toothpaste? OR is it ok to just swallow?

I think if you are able to teach your LO to spit out, it'll be good. But I am not confident of teaching mine to spit only when its toothpaste. A bit worried that when she finally learns to spit, she will just randomly spit any time, anywhere! *lol
So yeah, with baby toothpaste, its okay to swallow. The fluoride content is very low and we use very little.

Hi, does LO need to spit out the toothpaste? OR is it ok to just swallow?

Maybe can try singing a "brushing teeth" song. There was a period of time my girl also din allow me to insert my finger with cloth to clean her teeth. I tried singing the song while "brushing" the teeth of her favourite soft toy first before brushing hers. This got her to cooperate opening her mouth for me when its her turn. I just moved on to using toothbrush today instead of cloth. She so fascinated by the toothbrush, din want me to stop. lol!

Haha yes I either read a story - part of it shows how to brush teeth... or I'll on the brushing teeth song or just sing the brushing teeth song... it works! I did not use toothpaste though... not sure if he knows how to use - worried messy and he doesn't know how to spit it.

I started very early too with cloth. I m using the same brush you mentioned that can be wore on the finger. But he refused to open his mouth. He only likes to use the pigeon toothbrush now which I felt that he is not really cleaning. The tongue still got white patch after milk. Sometimes I forcefully squeeze my finger in to wash his tongue. He is really angry n cry a lot.

How is his motor coordination? Will he be happier if he gets to hold his toothbrush and 'brush' his teeth, while you help move the toothbrush?

How is his motor coordination? Will he be happier if he gets to hold his toothbrush and 'brush' his teeth, while you help move the toothbrush?
Yes. I let him hold the toothbrush. He will let me guide him sometimes.. this is the only way I think.. not clean very well but better than no cleaning.

Yes. I let him hold the toothbrush. He will let me guide him sometimes.. this is the only way I think.. not clean very well but better than no cleaning.

:) For the white patch on the tongue, maybe try drinking more water after the milk feed? That will help clear up the mouth a bit, so then don't need to worry too much about not brushing away the remaining milk.

:) For the white patch on the tongue, maybe try drinking more water after the milk feed? That will help clear up the mouth a bit, so then don't need to worry too much about not brushing away the remaining milk.
OK. Maybe I shouldn't worry too much on the white patch. Sometimes I will forcefully wash his tongue and he will gag. Not sure if this is no good for him.

OK. Maybe I shouldn't worry too much on the white patch. Sometimes I will forcefully wash his tongue and he will gag. Not sure if this is no good for him.

I think as long as the white patch is only on the tongue and no where else, drinking some water will help clear it out. But even if it is still there after drinking water, its okay. :)

So far I bought life insurance, hospitalization and accidental insurance (tag along my husband SAF one) for my boy. Planning to get a accident plan which cover HFMD, dengue and food poisoning when he starts his childcare.. So far we didn't get him any education plan as we plan to use our own saving insurance for that if need to.
I wonder if there is a need to get an educational insurance as compared to saving on our own.

I wonder if there is a need to get an educational insurance as compared to saving on our own.

Actually it is up to individual preference. For myself, when I'm studying in Uni, I took up study loan and study. Sames for my husband who pay for his own tution fee.. So to us, we feel that our boy should do the same too. To us education insurance is not as important as life and medical.

But if you do have spare cash and financially able to afford, there is no harm to take up to educational insurance. From what I know a lot have payout during several milestones like complete primary school, complete O level, etc...

Hi mummies, anyone heard of undescended testicle? My boy went for check up last week and pd told me he has one side undescended testicle.

My girl has been coughing with phlegm past 2 days. Also running nose. She almost cannot breathe at night, and have been very cranky. How should i help her? Brought to doctor and prescribed medicine, but i hope to relieve her pain further. Any good remedy??

My girl has been coughing with phlegm past 2 days. Also running nose. She almost cannot breathe at night, and have been very cranky. How should i help her? Brought to doctor and prescribed medicine, but i hope to relieve her pain further. Any good remedy??
Sorry to hear that your girl is sick. :(
Sometimes sitting in a steamy shower, or maybe putting her face over a warm bowl of water may help expand the airways and loosen the mucus. Lemon and honey drink also helps thin the mucus.
From the nose, you can try the suction thing too.
Hope this helps.

You can try apply some Vicks on her chest, back and neck. Also on her feet and put on socks..

hello....long time no login liao.
for blocked/runny nose, illadin is a very good decongestant. Initially i didn't know how much to put and really put 1-2 drops as per instructions. No effect. My girl was hospitalised for bronchitis a month back. I saw the nurse putting it for her, it's one pump for one side of nostril. And it was super effective. she could sleep well after that. Can only use 5 days and gotta stop.

anyone enrolling LO into playgroup?

LO is 15 mos this mth... she look bored and seems nothing to do at home. so we think she may be ready for some play and learning.

anyone enrolling LO into playgroup?

LO is 15 mos this mth... she look bored and seems nothing to do at home. so we think she may be ready for some play and learning.

Ours is already in IFC, so not much help in the playgroup area. But she definitely enjoys her time at IFC and learns a lot of new things there. She gets access to a wide variety of toys, and they also have a climbing area, so we don't need to turn our home into a jungle gym :p. She is also showing more awareness of other kids. So if that is the same for your LO, I think it will be worth enrolling her into a playgroup. :)

Hi,
I'm planning to send my 14 month old twins to TheLittleGym in Marina Square. However the only class now for weekdays is Tuesday 3-3.45pm which is my twins naptime,
Anyone interested to join me for Tuesday 1-1.45pm class? We need at least 4 totsto start a class. Class age is 10-19months.

Can check out http://www.thelittlegym.com.sg/

about $50 for per 45min class.

You can try apply some Vicks on her chest, back and neck. Also on her feet and put on socks..
Thanks.. she is still having running nose til today. Will try vicks on her feet and socks.

Btw she is at IFC now too, coz my helper is going back for good. Only after a week, we can see improvement. She is more sociable and seems to understand us better. Can node or shake head when we asked whether she was good at IFC, or if she cried, or if she likes it, etc. So so soooo cute :)

How time flies...

Thanks.. she is still having running nose til today. Will try vicks on her feet and socks.

Btw she is at IFC now too, coz my helper is going back for good. Only after a week, we can see improvement. She is more sociable and seems to understand us better. Can node or shake head when we asked whether she was good at IFC, or if she cried, or if she likes it, etc. So so soooo cute :)

How time flies...

Mine has picked up now to say "No!" in addition to shaking her head. *sweat droplet* Sometimes, not sure whether to laugh or to cry with her. :)

Wow. So clever. Mine compared to her 2 older sisters,cannot speak much. As in, her 2 jiejies can speak a few 1-syllable words at 16mo but this #3 cannot. Haha....Indeed every child is different.

But she is very greedy....everytime she sees anyone eating she will walk to that person and say "mum mum mum mum..." So cute.

Almost a month i have been sending my baby to IFC. Finally she recovered from her flu and running nose. But she had fever last friday. Now okay already. She also learns to nod and shake her head. Each time before make milk i would ask her if she wans milk. She noded means she wan it. Then she finished her milk. If nv ask, she wont finish it haaha. I thot it was my observation only, but IFC teacher told me the same too. Each time must ask her first.. lol. My centre, toddler side got HFMD though. The past 3 days cleared but before that, 6 cases. Sigh. Worried for her, though so far so good.

For working parents who are sending your baby to infant care, how do you find time to prepare dinner for baby? By the time you pick baby and reach home, won't it be very late by the time dinner is ready?

For working parents who are sending your baby to infant care, how do you find time to prepare dinner for baby? By the time you pick baby and reach home, won't it be very late by the time dinner is ready?

Reached home ard 7pm, cook first then bathe. Dinner starts around 8pm usually.. i dunno if its late or not but my IFC gave tea break around 4pm. I assume my bb is still full haha.. very tough indeed.

Thanks. I'm exploring to put my lo in childcare next year and thinking how to settle her dinner.
Maybe you can put something in a slow cooker and it'll be ready and warm by the time you get back home? I'm assuming your LO is still happy with porridge. But it is indeed tough, especially if you want freshly made dinners.

HAHA it's not a must to get. But think of it this way, these endowment plans have better returns than if you'd put money in the bank. Plus with these endowment plans are like disciplined savings so you know you must commit and cannot take the money out.

That said, for baby, health and medical insurance are the most important before you consider an endowment plan.

For hospital plans, it will cover the bulk or all of the cost if baby were to be hospitalised (touchwood).
For whole life plans, it provides coverage for them for their whole life. Further more if you get when they are really young, premiums are really cheap.

In addition, I know of life plans where parents can just pay for a limited time, but the child is covered for life. Plus, at certain age, there is a bonus which the company will give also :) Instead of covering for Death /TPD and Critical Illness, some providers also cover early critical illness hehe.

If wait till they grow up, premiums for life insurance will definitely be more costly and we cannot guarantee their health condition next time. That's just my thoughts.

If you'd like, I can share with you some of the better solutions that our providers offer. I'm currently a financial advisor with PIAS - an independent financial advisory firm so I have access all these providers like NTUC, AXA, AIA, AVIVA etc. Therefore our solutions and advise are unbiased and very objective.

Hi mummies, need a place to pour my pressure to keep my stress level down. These few days been v tough for my mental. Can't control my emotions. I'm fully latch on demand sahm temporary. Bf had been a tough journey. Starting on solids add on another stress. My hubby does not wash dishes clean. Also pots n pans tat he used always washed but with stains there n here. Eating place too. Ever since I gave birth my mum had been coming and play with my baby. When my bb due to sleep or stay awake for too long she still insist take her out to market. When she came back, I'm always left with a cranky baby will trying to wash n feed n rushing to let baby sleep. My house I'm the only one clearing rubbish, washing toilets which my hubby always left stains here n there. No matter how I talk about my problem it will never be solve. It's always 3 min hot. Then when my baby start solid as I'm only need to cook my bb food( no matter wat my mum insist cook mine) and my bb only eat 2 tbs. now 9mo 2 meals a day but only 2 tbs. can never increase. After the 9month assessment although growing well but the staff nurse add more pressure after telling me take I need teach pincer grasp, my baby not mimicking our talk is no good, etc.. I started to get agitated. Many times I cry out n feel take I'm going insane soon... trying hard to clear all the negatives tots in my head. (My hub last night said like he gave me wat I want what I want more, b4 I give birth I can earn more than him,I didn't ask for things that I don't need. I only ask for baby needs only) I feel so hurt. theres so much that I really need to destress. Sorry I jus need to let go some emotions somewhere, had been crying out wanting to throw baby down which I won't but I'm so angry that the words jus come out of my mouth. I noe it's not good to my baby too.

Hi mummies, need a place to pour my pressure to keep my stress level down. These few days been v tough for my mental. Can't control my emotions. I'm fully latch on demand sahm temporary. Bf had been a tough journey. Starting on solids add on another stress. My hubby does not wash dishes clean. Also pots n pans tat he used always washed but with stains there n here. Eating place too. Ever since I gave birth my mum had been coming and play with my baby. When my bb due to sleep or stay awake for too long she still insist take her out to market. When she came back, I'm always left with a cranky baby will trying to wash n feed n rushing to let baby sleep. My house I'm the only one clearing rubbish, washing toilets which my hubby always left stains here n there. No matter how I talk about my problem it will never be solve. It's always 3 min hot. Then when my baby start solid as I'm only need to cook my bb food( no matter wat my mum insist cook mine) and my bb only eat 2 tbs. now 9mo 2 meals a day but only 2 tbs. can never increase. After the 9month assessment although growing well but the staff nurse add more pressure after telling me take I need teach pincer grasp, my baby not mimicking our talk is no good, etc.. I started to get agitated. Many times I cry out n feel take I'm going insane soon... trying hard to clear all the negatives tots in my head. (My hub last night said like he gave me wat I want what I want more, b4 I give birth I can earn more than him,I didn't ask for things that I don't need. I only ask for baby needs only) I feel so hurt. theres so much that I really need to destress. Sorry I jus need to let go some emotions somewhere, had been crying out wanting to throw baby down which I won't but I'm so angry that the words jus come out of my mouth. I noe it's not good to my baby too.

Hi Summer,

Big hugs to you. Motherhood is a stressful journey. I hope writing the post helped you destress a little.

It helps to keep in mind that different children have different developmental curves, so do not be too stressed if your baby does not fit on the 50th percentile line (<- easy to say, but hard to implement :)). As long as she is growing and you can see that she is learning new skills, like sitting up, crawling, standing etc, she is probably fine. I'm sure that since you interact with her everyday, you will know when something is not right. Hopefully this will help you be more at ease with the staff nurse's comments.
Don't worry about the not mimicking. My kiddo didn't mimic us at all, until very recently. So like those examples of sticking out your tongue so that they will stick out theirs when they are an infant, it never happened with us. We mimicked her instead! Perhaps she found that more amusing. Its not until a month or so ago, when we noticed she started mimicking our actions, like carrying grocery bags, or trying to wear our shoes. For us, our kiddo is on the small side, so sometimes the healthcare professionals will say things like oh, I will prefer if her height is on the 10th percentile line instead of the 3rd percentile line. And we just roll our eyes, because its not like we are trying to stunt her growth, and how else can we make her grow? Put her on a stretching machine?! At the end of the day, she is gaining height, so its okay.
So I guess I'm trying to say that at the moment when we find out that our kids are not fitting the growth milestone and we cannot check the box in the health booklet, we get worried, but eventually find out that its okay.

As for the eating, it could be that your baby is not very interested in solid foods. But at this point, a lot of her nutrition still comes from milk, so its okay. Perhaps you can try involving him at your meal times, so that she sees you eating, or you can increase the number of solid feeds, like some bread for breakfast in the morning, then fruit puree for teabreak. Sometimes it could also be the type of food, like my kiddo didn't like those rice cereal at all! And also didn't like congee. Instead, she pretty much started with rice.

As for your mother, I'm sure she is trying to help and doesn't realise the stress that she is adding on. I'm not sure about how your relationship and dynamics with your mother are, but perhaps you can sit her down, and nicely tell her that there is a set time to bring the baby out, as the baby has fixed timings for naps. She may say something like, "but last time you (and your siblings if any) was/were not like that", so remind her that each child is different, and you are the mother, and the one who has to deal with the crankiness. So if she really wants to help her daughter and play with her grandkid, please follow the guidelines. Everyone will be happier for it.

As for your frustrations with your husband. If the main issue is the state of the house and how you have different standards of cleanliness, it is indeed a frustrating one. If you both are unable to find a compromised in between your cleanliness levels, is it possible to employ some cleaning help? Like perhaps a part time helper? So that at least you do not feel saddled with all the tidying up?

Hi Summer,

Big hugs to you. Motherhood is a stressful journey. I hope writing the post helped you destress a little.

It helps to keep in mind that different children have different developmental curves, so do not be too stressed if your baby does not fit on the 50th percentile line (<- easy to say, but hard to implement :)). As long as she is growing and you can see that she is learning new skills, like sitting up, crawling, standing etc, she is probably fine. I'm sure that since you interact with her everyday, you will know when something is not right. Hopefully this will help you be more at ease with the staff nurse's comments.
Don't worry about the not mimicking. My kiddo didn't mimic us at all, until very recently. So like those examples of sticking out your tongue so that they will stick out theirs when they are an infant, it never happened with us. We mimicked her instead! Perhaps she found that more amusing. Its not until a month or so ago, when we noticed she started mimicking our actions, like carrying grocery bags, or trying to wear our shoes. For us, our kiddo is on the small side, so sometimes the healthcare professionals will say things like oh, I will prefer if her height is on the 10th percentile line instead of the 3rd percentile line. And we just roll our eyes, because its not like we are trying to stunt her growth, and how else can we make her grow? Put her on a stretching machine?! At the end of the day, she is gaining height, so its okay.
So I guess I'm trying to say that at the moment when we find out that our kids are not fitting the growth milestone and we cannot check the box in the health booklet, we get worried, but eventually find out that its okay.

As for the eating, it could be that your baby is not very interested in solid foods. But at this point, a lot of her nutrition still comes from milk, so its okay. Perhaps you can try involving him at your meal times, so that she sees you eating, or you can increase the number of solid feeds, like some bread for breakfast in the morning, then fruit puree for teabreak. Sometimes it could also be the type of food, like my kiddo didn't like those rice cereal at all! And also didn't like congee. Instead, she pretty much started with rice.

As for your mother, I'm sure she is trying to help and doesn't realise the stress that she is adding on. I'm not sure about how your relationship and dynamics with your mother are, but perhaps you can sit her down, and nicely tell her that there is a set time to bring the baby out, as the baby has fixed timings for naps. She may say something like, "but last time you (and your siblings if any) was/were not like that", so remind her that each child is different, and you are the mother, and the one who has to deal with the crankiness. So if she really wants to help her daughter and play with her grandkid, please follow the guidelines. Everyone will be happier for it.

As for your frustrations with your husband. If the main issue is the state of the house and how you have different standards of cleanliness, it is indeed a frustrating one. If you both are unable to find a compromised in between your cleanliness levels, is it possible to employ some cleaning help? Like perhaps a part time helper? So that at least you do not feel saddled with all the tidying up?

Thanks a lot. I'm a bit cool down. I'm on the verge of breaking down trying hard not to. My mum simply "I don't care I like it " I hate myself for talking back to her knowing that it will hurt her too. I can't control my emotions. I hate it when I shout to my baby threatening to throw her down. I know words will hurt. She getting a bit traumatic after that. I hope I can get her forget about that. She cry when I walk away to do things the whole day. I can't leave her alone. My mum keep carrying her till she very hard to stay in play yard or bed herself. I really felt that did I make the wrong decision to give birth. Or was it wrong not to give my mil to look after. My mil had 2 gs to look after already. The younger one already being make to jealous of my gal. There's so much pressure that I really afraid that I might do wrong things. Now a bit cool down I will try to settle my gal first. She's getting cranky I'm not sure is it the 2 top white pushing further outwards or other reason. My mum keep letting her taste coffee and pan cake when she bring her out. She denied it but later admit it. Really hard to believe what she claim. Getting hard times to let her eat solids. Seeing others feeding a bowl and mine only 1-2 tbp some more not interested in solid unless blw. But blw create more jobs so I really can't afford to do it. I'm trying to make her enjoy solid but it's so difficult. I'm also trying to tell myself that she is slow it's okay but somehow I jus get depress. Jus trying to get my mind clear. Thanks a lot for replying. I feel better will try not to let negative thoughts overtake my mind.

Hi Summer,

I understand the frustrated feelings and the feeling of not being in control of one's emotions. People, even the mothers, expect to get back to normal after childbirth, especially after the one month confinement. But actually research has shown that there is still a lot of emotional fluctuations, as the hormones are still not back to normal. It is also a combination of the stress and lack of sleep. In fact, mothers, whose kids are about a year old, are still susceptible to depression, and can feel these strong emotions that they cannot seem to control. I guess what I am trying to say is that, the surges of strong feelings that you are experiencing is not unusual and not your fault. I think its good that you have found some way of release and I hope that you can find more support from your family and perhaps a group of friends as well. I think that is important for us mothers to get through the first few years.

Perhaps try phrasing it it in a way to your mother such that you need her help by keeping to the baby's nap time, so that you do not need to deal with a cranky baby. And make it clear to your mother that you are the parent and she should respect your decisions, as it is good for the baby. I do not see those as talking back, as it is trying to reason with your mother. Or perhaps ask your mother give reaons why doesn't she care? Does she not care about how her actions affect her daughter and granddaughter (sleep depravation)? Or does she just want to spend more time with her granddaughter? Perhaps you can also understand her position better and work out a schedule with her.

Actually the 9 month period is when the separation anxiety is growing, which makes her sticky to people, especially the primary caregivers, such as yourself (http://www.parents.com/baby/development/separation-anxiety/how-to-handle-baby-separation-anxiety/). Coupled with teething, you will indeed get a very cranky baby. I think teething must be a very uncomfortable process. I see it as getting a really deep cut in my skin, except from the inside. Yikes. Have you tried wearing your baby, so that you can still get things done while keeping her close to you? I have found it very useful for me, because my baby is one of those who refuses to take naps and have to be carried to sleep.

As for food, it depends on how relaxed you are about it. For us, we believe in an exposure to a wide array of food, as we are worried about her becoming very picky eater during toddlerhood. As long as its not unhealthy things like fried foods and snacks, we are okay with feeding small amounts to her. That said, coffee probably isn't a good idea though. Pancakes are probably fine. If its something that she likes to eat, it may be a good start to intro her to more foods. Try involving her in your mealtimes. That may increase her interest in foods.

It is clear that you have your child's interests at heart. And I don't think it is fair to say what is right or wrong here, only what is the best decision to make. I understand that stress though and sometimes it does not help when the people surrounding me keep telling me that I am doing things wrong. At some point, I decided that as long as my daughter is not going to be seriously injured or mentally scarred, its going to be okay. Things got better and I enjoyed the time with her more. I can't say much about how you feel about your decision to give birth, since I don't know the circumstances surrounding the conception. But what I can tell you is that there is never a 'right time' to give birth. I also don't think that child caring gets easier as they grow older. I think it helps when they are more independent, but I think the demands changes (e.g. to schoolwork etc). But I know that the rewards are greater. From when they can smile and laugh at you, to actively interacting with you, to talking. I have found that enough to keep me sane through the sleepless nights of when she falls sick, which is quite often. I hope that it will be for you as well. Good luck and hope this helps.

Hi Summer,

I understand the frustrated feelings and the feeling of not being in control of one's emotions. People, even the mothers, expect to get back to normal after childbirth, especially after the one month confinement. But actually research has shown that there is still a lot of emotional fluctuations, as the hormones are still not back to normal. It is also a combination of the stress and lack of sleep. In fact, mothers, whose kids are about a year old, are still susceptible to depression, and can feel these strong emotions that they cannot seem to control. I guess what I am trying to say is that, the surges of strong feelings that you are experiencing is not unusual and not your fault. I think its good that you have found some way of release and I hope that you can find more support from your family and perhaps a group of friends as well. I think that is important for us mothers to get through the first few years.

Perhaps try phrasing it it in a way to your mother such that you need her help by keeping to the baby's nap time, so that you do not need to deal with a cranky baby. And make it clear to your mother that you are the parent and she should respect your decisions, as it is good for the baby. I do not see those as talking back, as it is trying to reason with your mother. Or perhaps ask your mother give reaons why doesn't she care? Does she not care about how her actions affect her daughter and granddaughter (sleep depravation)? Or does she just want to spend more time with her granddaughter? Perhaps you can also understand her position better and work out a schedule with her.

Actually the 9 month period is when the separation anxiety is growing, which makes her sticky to people, especially the primary caregivers, such as yourself (http://www.parents.com/baby/development/separation-anxiety/how-to-handle-baby-separation-anxiety/). Coupled with teething, you will indeed get a very cranky baby. I think teething must be a very uncomfortable process. I see it as getting a really deep cut in my skin, except from the inside. Yikes. Have you tried wearing your baby, so that you can still get things done while keeping her close to you? I have found it very useful for me, because my baby is one of those who refuses to take naps and have to be carried to sleep.

As for food, it depends on how relaxed you are about it. For us, we believe in an exposure to a wide array of food, as we are worried about her becoming very picky eater during toddlerhood. As long as its not unhealthy things like fried foods and snacks, we are okay with feeding small amounts to her. That said, coffee probably isn't a good idea though. Pancakes are probably fine. If its something that she likes to eat, it may be a good start to intro her to more foods. Try involving her in your mealtimes. That may increase her interest in foods.

It is clear that you have your child's interests at heart. And I don't think it is fair to say what is right or wrong here, only what is the best decision to make. I understand that stress though and sometimes it does not help when the people surrounding me keep telling me that I am doing things wrong. At some point, I decided that as long as my daughter is not going to be seriously injured or mentally scarred, its going to be okay. Things got better and I enjoyed the time with her more. I can't say much about how you feel about your decision to give birth, since I don't know the circumstances surrounding the conception. But what I can tell you is that there is never a 'right time' to give birth. I also don't think that child caring gets easier as they grow older. I think it helps when they are more independent, but I think the demands changes (e.g. to schoolwork etc). But I know that the rewards are greater. From when they can smile and laugh at you, to actively interacting with you, to talking. I have found that enough to keep me sane through the sleepless nights of when she falls sick, which is quite often. I hope that it will be for you as well. Good luck and hope this helps.

Hi. Thanks for replying. I'm trying my best to stay cool with her crankyness right now. She extreme clingy too. Her smiles did made me feel all is worth. I hope this phase will pass soon too. That day I whack myself and look down from the corridor. I hope I can maintain clear mind as much as I can. Never easy but still trying my best. Thanks for the comfy words. Before that I didn't come to my mind ther teething might be causing so much cranky n clingy. Her biting hurts too. She strong n my arms n wrists feel like breaking trying to nap her. Those chores that I need to do not much possible to bbw her as lots of bending down. Today n yesterday she refuse to stay alone in her play yard. I can't leave her for a moment. Things are hard to done. So I placed her here n there. I felt that her temper is fierce as she scream off her head. I hope it won't be forever her screaming off head. Finally she start her night sleep. But will have rounds of crying b4 her deep sleep. At least today is earlier than yesterday. I get to finish my dinner. Thanks all for encouragement. Reading ur posts did lighten release of my pressure.

Hi. Thanks for replying. I'm trying my best to stay cool with her crankyness right now. She extreme clingy too. Her smiles did made me feel all is worth. I hope this phase will pass soon too. That day I whack myself and look down from the corridor. I hope I can maintain clear mind as much as I can. Never easy but still trying my best. Thanks for the comfy words. Before that I didn't come to my mind ther teething might be causing so much cranky n clingy. Her biting hurts too. She strong n my arms n wrists feel like breaking trying to nap her. Those chores that I need to do not much possible to bbw her as lots of bending down. Today n yesterday she refuse to stay alone in her play yard. I can't leave her for a moment. Things are hard to done. So I placed her here n there. I felt that her temper is fierce as she scream off her head. I hope it won't be forever her screaming off head. Finally she start her night sleep. But will have rounds of crying b4 her deep sleep. At least today is earlier than yesterday. I get to finish my dinner. Thanks all for encouragement. Reading ur posts did lighten release of my pressure.

Oh dear, is she biting you? You may want to consider breaking her of that habit, because otherwise, it'll get even more painful when they have more teeth! For my kiddo, when she bit us, if we were carrying her, we will straight away say no and put her down. She will cry, but after a few rounds, she learnt not to do it. She also bit me when latching, and a gentle flick on the cheek a few times worked. We also had to try several different teethers to find one that she liked.
If you need to carry her to nap, definitely consider bbw, then transfer to the bed. It will save your arms and wrists from straining too much, which can lead to injury. I used to have to bbw mine to sleep at night too, otherwise, she will refuse to sleep until she gets too tired and cranky. If you need to bend down, you can try backcarries.
I think no kid likes to be told no, but she may understand more than you think. If you need her to stay in her playyard, tell her firmly that she has to stay inside, and that you will get her after you are done with <whatever you need to do>. This will require quite a few rounds before she understands that she has to stay in there and that you will come and get her when you are done. But it is possible to get them used to it.
Babies and toddlers do tend to have meltdowns. I think its partly because they are still trying to understand the world around them, which probably seems quite scary, and partly because they are trying to push the boundaries of what they can do. So if it is something that you need to enforce for your sanity, then you have to bear with the meltdown and let them get it all out to completion. For example, we do not allow her to touch wires or electrical sockets, but she really likes try to do so. So when we correct that behaviour, she usually goes into a full meltdown. We will then shift her to her playmat and let her come to terms with the situation herself. When she has calmed down, we will then pick her up. The idea is trying to reward the calming down behaviour. I'm not sure if its because what we do is working or not, but sometimes after a meltdown, she will dust herself off and then come and find us to play. But yeah, our ears do suffer in the meantime, but she does learn that certain behaviours are not allowed and the frequency does reduce.

Hope this helps and have a good weekend!

Oh dear, is she biting you? You may want to consider breaking her of that habit, because otherwise, it'll get even more painful when they have more teeth! For my kiddo, when she bit us, if we were carrying her, we will straight away say no and put her down. She will cry, but after a few rounds, she learnt not to do it. She also bit me when latching, and a gentle flick on the cheek a few times worked. We also had to try several different teethers to find one that she liked.
If you need to carry her to nap, definitely consider bbw, then transfer to the bed. It will save your arms and wrists from straining too much, which can lead to injury. I used to have to bbw mine to sleep at night too, otherwise, she will refuse to sleep until she gets too tired and cranky. If you need to bend down, you can try backcarries.
I think no kid likes to be told no, but she may understand more than you think. If you need her to stay in her playyard, tell her firmly that she has to stay inside, and that you will get her after you are done with <whatever you need to do>. This will require quite a few rounds before she understands that she has to stay in there and that you will come and get her when you are done. But it is possible to get them used to it.
Babies and toddlers do tend to have meltdowns. I think its partly because they are still trying to understand the world around them, which probably seems quite scary, and partly because they are trying to push the boundaries of what they can do. So if it is something that you need to enforce for your sanity, then you have to bear with the meltdown and let them get it all out to completion. For example, we do not allow her to touch wires or electrical sockets, but she really likes try to do so. So when we correct that behaviour, she usually goes into a full meltdown. We will then shift her to her playmat and let her come to terms with the situation herself. When she has calmed down, we will then pick her up. The idea is trying to reward the calming down behaviour. I'm not sure if its because what we do is working or not, but sometimes after a meltdown, she will dust herself off and then come and find us to play. But yeah, our ears do suffer in the meantime, but she does learn that certain behaviours are not allowed and the frequency does reduce.

Hope this helps and have a good weekend!

Each time I tried to block her she will stretch her both hands trying to search and this disturb her sleep n can make her wake up. I latch her the sleep usually and somehow she can't sleep if I was to carry her in my arms n becos I have knee problem I don't bbw her to sleep at home unless I'm out. I hope things get better as she grow older. Really waiting for her to start simple words now so that she can express herself.. thanks everyone for reading my post. I'm glad I passed the emotional stage. Now moving on.. I love my gal really dun wish to do anything wrong.

Hi Ladies, just drop by to say hello. So fast, our baby is turning 1.5yrs or mayb already 1.5yrs. My boy will start CC in Dec since grandma not able to look after him anymore. Really afraid he is not use to CC... Anyone can share your experience with CC?

Hi Ladies, just drop by to say hello. So fast, our baby is turning 1.5yrs or mayb already 1.5yrs. My boy will start CC in Dec since grandma not able to look after him anymore. Really afraid he is not use to CC... Anyone can share your experience with CC?

My daughter is almost 20 months, has been enrolled in CC since 18 months old. Bear in mind, be prepared to deal with separation anxiety, tears, sickness, runny nose.

Ours started cc at about 9 months old. The beginning was hard because she had quite strong stranger anxiety. So every dropoff and pick up, she will cry and this lasted for about a month. This varies from child to child, but you probably have a good idea whether your child has separation and or stranger anxiety. We found that once we are out of sight, she will be okay, and start playing. So we usually try to keep the dropoff short, essentially hug and or kiss, say goodbye and tell her that we will see her later, then pass her off to the teacher and quickly get out of class. The crying usually stops before we walk out of the center. Very soon, she went to her teachers at cc voluntarily.
For most CCs, they will let you know if the crying becomes a problem. Children are usually quite adaptable, and if the teachers are your CC are good, they know how to handle your child. So I don't think you need to worry too much that he cannot get used to CC.
It also helps to have good communication with the cc, like your child's habits, schedule, temperament, so that the teachers know what to expect.

I think you will find that cc is good for getting your child onto a schedule, if he isn't already. He'll also learn a lot of new skills from cc. The downside is that he will get sick, a lot.

Thanks ladies, my boy also very naughty....keep on having ba lu gu on his head...does ur bb have the same prob too?

Hi mummies, I noticed that my boy has very bad temper and throw tantrums ever since we started him on CC 2 weeks ago. He is now coming to 19 mths. Anyone experience this with the LO? He still cry everytime we send him there n refuses to go in. He was down with stomach flu 1 week after the cc. So he rested for almost a week at home.

Thanks ladies, my boy also very naughty....keep on having ba lu gu on his head...does ur bb have the same prob too?
Yes, mine gets bruises quite often. I don't really see it as being naughty though. Rather she gets them from trying to explore her surroundings and not having very good coordination, but still tries to do gymnastic stunts. :) The other day, we were at the supermarket and she was leaning on the lower metal railings at the cashier, and she leaned forward too much and lost her balance, so she face planted and got a very nice bruise on her forehead. Oops. I guess she didn;t realise how top heavy she is with her head. Haha. Their skulls are pretty solid, so I'm usually not very worried by the bruises. :)

Hi mummies, I noticed that my boy has very bad temper and throw tantrums ever since we started him on CC 2 weeks ago. He is now coming to 19 mths. Anyone experience this with the LO? He still cry everytime we send him there n refuses to go in. He was down with stomach flu 1 week after the cc. So he rested for almost a week at home.

Ours cried at every dropoff and pickup for about a month. Its part of the separation anxiety and stranger anxiety. As long as when you check with the teacher, and your boy calms down when you are no longer around, its okay. We usually firmly hand her off to her teachers, tell her goodbye and that we will see her later, and walk away quickly, as we found out that once we are no longer in sight, she will calm down and start playing. So we try not to have prolonged goodbyes, because it makes everyone more stressed. I should add that for pickup, sometimes when we sneak in on her, we see her happily playing, and she will show us what she is doing, until she realises that these are the 'horrible' parents who 'abandoned' her in the morning, then she will start crying, just to make us feel bad. *lol* After a while, we didn't really care anymore, because it was obvious that she was having a good time in school, when not trying to emotionally blackmail us. Haha.

So for your boy, check with the teachers on how he is during the day. If he is playing and happy, then there is nothing to be worried about. Its just that they cannot express their anxiety at being away from their parents/usual caretakers, so they just cry instead.

And in the beginning, if they stay home for a while because of sickness, then go back to school, this crying starts all over again. Once they form an attachment with some of the teachers in school, it'll get better.

Unfortunately, kids do tend to fall sick at CC. Its like all the bacteria and viruses concentrated in one place!

Ive heard alot too sending LO too e CC , they tend to fall sick....flu, chicken pox, coughing, HFMD, its a common sickness tho..:(
Now my boy is 13mos, ive still hvnt send him to CC. after hearing all e probs, worry abt my boy's health . ...

Back