IVF/ICSI Support Group

I will suggest if u are not urgent to do FET, best to let the mens come naturally cos our body is still recovering from all the jabs medicine.. And FET can be arrange quite fast in next mth when ur mens come in oct
Did doc suggest u natural or medicated FET?
I think medicated. My doc prescribed progynova. Is that indicative of medicated? Yday he just told me about med to induce menses then I can call anytime. Full stop. When I was in pharmacy, then I realized there's a med called progynova and the pharmacist explained to me it's for the frozen embryo transfer process. I even asked why they prescribed so early , no expiry date? Pharmacist replied can keep v long.

@Wanbaby I totally can understand the food part. So hard to resist good food.
I guess as long as you eat moderately and take note of the calories & cholesterol in take, you still can enjoy the food you like. Maybe you can try doing some light excecise? Or taking a stroll with hubby after food.

For the BD part, to be honest, it's not as enjoyable as it used to be. Slowly it becomes a mission rather than passion. Quite stressful as need to keep track of basal temperature, ovulation, or our timing just don't meet.
My hub job requires him to travel a lot, like for weeks or months & worst majority of my ovulation period he is on biz trip. By the time he's back, my menses starting soon. If not, when he don't need to fly, I will be doing ot when there is a deadline to rush.

In fact, we find ivf is less stressful than trying naturally, except for the financial & emotion part. Physically I'm not afraid of needles & my hub is a medic when he's serving his army, so the injections part is such a breeze for us.

Since we had used up our 3 fresh quota already, I doubt we have financial ability to go for another fresh. Next will be going for FET for our 1 & only slow & not so healthy embie. Pray hard it will survive the thaw & sticks miraclely.
If not, guess that will be end of our ivf journey.

Thanks babe for your support. Yes i guess we have to take it slow. And be postitive. I told my husband that i took blood test wen my period didnt show up. He laughed and said, we tried and failed 3 IVFs, he didnt believe BD once we will get pregnant naturally. So he told me that i wasted money on blood test which is btw $50.

I still believe strongly that i can still get pregnant. Waiting for my time.

All the best to you too. You have that one golden embi which i strongly believe is yrs forever. God bless.

I think medicated. My doc prescribed progynova. Is that indicative of medicated? Yday he just told me about med to induce menses then I can call anytime. Full stop. When I was in pharmacy, then I realized there's a med called progynova and the pharmacist explained to me it's for the frozen embryo transfer process. I even asked why they prescribed so early , no expiry date? Pharmacist replied can keep v long.

Almondearie,
Yes. Once you are on Progynova, it is considered as Medicated FET as it is used to thicken our endo lining.
There should be an expiry date on the Progynova prescribed and i believed they have a pretty lengthy shelf life.

likewise, i switched from TFC to KKH since my only option was IVF.

Just curious, what's 2ww?

For those who are working full time, what is the time away from work required before and after ET/ER. Do you all just apply MC? or tell your boss that you are going for IVF?
I took half day mc , also cos my Hr system allows it. More becos it looks better and less disruptive than whole day.

I told my boss also. After slogging for 1 year and proving my worth, I simply told him my bio clock ticking and I need to try this before I regret. :p

Almondearie,
Yes. Once you are on Progynova, it is considered as Medicated FET as it is used to thicken our endo lining.
There should be an expiry date on the Progynova prescribed and i believed they have a pretty lengthy shelf life.
Thanks. So much clearer. Now to pray for my menses to come without the duphaston.

Thanks. So much clearer. Now to pray for my menses to come without the duphaston.

Yes.. I heard that Norethisterone or Duphaston should be able to trigger AF.
Don't worry. Your AF should arrive. My dr will usually give me an indicative "wait period" that if AF still don't report by certain date, should go back to them to get it triggered.

Hi yeah me too. I took that pills and headache almost everyday. And feel like vomiting. May I know which thickness of lining is too thin? 5-6? What is ur last lining thickness ? U get bfp right? Happy for you. Mine cancelled cos they said I ovulated. So they ask me to do natural for coming month. Looks like progynova viginally is good option.

Progynova give me panic attack, anxiety, pain in chest, headache, nausea, insomnia...you name it I got em all :(
I oso didn't expect doc told me to take it vaginally but he's the expert so just listen to him
My thin lining only until 5.9 then 4.4. But w my bfp my lining was 7.5 oso not optimal but still went ahead proceed fet
If you still ovulated w progynova then you need to add ogalutran injection

likewise, i switched from TFC to KKH since my only option was IVF.

Just curious, what's 2ww?

For those who are working full time, what is the time away from work required before and after ET/ER. Do you all just apply MC? or tell your boss that you are going for IVF?
For me,i informed my lady boz dat im goin thru ivf for 2nd time and reinforce to her not to tell the whole world what im goin thru again bcoz if it failed evryone will give u dat look.which i got frm my 1st attempt..
And for every scan i took Mc roughly 4 times.No of scan depends on hw fast ur folicles growth based on stim medication .Frm Er to Et its all hospitalization leave of at least 2weeks till ur blood test....

Progynova give me panic attack, anxiety, pain in chest, headache, nausea, insomnia...you name it I got em all :(
I oso didn't expect doc told me to take it vaginally but he's the expert so just listen to him
My thin lining only until 5.9 then 4.4. But w my bfp my lining was 7.5 oso not optimal but still went ahead proceed fet
If you still ovulated w progynova then you need to add ogalutran injection

I ovulated with progynova. My lining 6.3 on that ovulation day. Is it too thin? I worried my lining will be thin for coming natural FET. Do u drink anything for lining? I m very easy to get heaty. So I think twice in drinking heaty foods like red bean soup or ginger tea or red dates tea.

Hi ladies, did anyone have a hcg reading of 34 2 weeks after ET and went on to have a successful pregancy ?

Coppergold,
For my no.1, my beta was 8.5 on dpt11 which is just the borderline case for being pregnant (think for quest lab, any reading from 5 above is considered pregnant).

You should request ur clinic to monitor ur beta closely. Beta hcg reading should increase at least double the reading on every 2-3 days.

Good luck & stay positive!

I ovulated with progynova. My lining 6.3 on that ovulation day. Is it too thin? I worried my lining will be thin for coming natural FET. Do u drink anything for lining? I m very easy to get heaty. So I think twice in drinking heaty foods like red bean soup or ginger tea or red dates tea.

Red bean soup should help too.
I was worried on my endo lining for my last FET as i just recovered from hyperthyroid where my lining was affected and i drank red bean soup daily once I started progynova during and my endo lining thicken too quickly. (Like Back-fired :( )...

Heard that beef stock also helps 补血 and should help with endo lining growth too.

Red bean soup should help too.
I was worried on my endo lining for my last FET as i just recovered from hyperthyroid where my lining was affected and i drank red bean soup daily once I started progynova during and my endo lining thicken too quickly. (Like Back-fired :( )...

Heard that beef stock also helps 补血 and should help with endo lining growth too.
Okie noted. Thank you. I can't drink red bean soup everyday. Later I will too heaty and sore throat.

I drink red dates longan water every day and lots of water and folic acid, that's all. Cos everytime i asked my doc what to eat etc, he always answered nothing. Anything you want he said.
Usually doc wants to see min lining 8 mm, but in my case that time doc said say even thou my lining only 6+ but if my blood result ok he will still proceed. Lucky can reach 7.5

For me,i informed my lady boz dat im goin thru ivf for 2nd time and reinforce to her not to tell the whole world what im goin thru again bcoz if it failed evryone will give u dat look.which i got frm my 1st attempt..
And for every scan i took Mc roughly 4 times.No of scan depends on hw fast ur folicles growth based on stim medication .Frm Er to Et its all hospitalization leave of at least 2weeks till ur blood test....

Thanks for that! Anyway it will be next year so i think i can let my boss know next year.

sometimes just cannot predict why hb stop. other gynaes I talked to said its quite normal especially for IVF.

Yes with my previous fet my baby's hb oso stopped suddenly at 7 w. When I asked doc said is pretty common w ivf babies. In natural pregnancy miscarriage percentage is 50%, so w ivf is more than that :(

they will do a second blood test to check in 48hrs, when I requested for progesterone support till then cos I have no more, they said they feel that it is ectopic and/or unviable pregnancy and they wouldn't want to support an unhealthy pregnancy

Yes with my previous fet my baby's hb oso stopped suddenly at 7 w. When I asked doc said is pretty common w ivf babies. In natural pregnancy miscarriage percentage is 50%, so w ivf is more than that :(
Don't really understand why it's common for ivf babies. Sigh. The only reason I can think of is since we r harvesting so many eggs at one go, it's a seemingly higher percentage we may strike a bad chromosomes embryo with a poor egg?

I do need to ask myself if I'm ready for another mc. That's prob the hurdle I gotta cross now. If so, then I would be considered mentally prepared to take on the FET. But I'm guessing no one will ever be "prepared" enough for a failure.

Don't really understand why it's common for ivf babies. Sigh. The only reason I can think of is since we r harvesting so many eggs at one go, it's a seemingly higher percentage we may strike a bad chromosomes embryo with a poor egg?

I do need to ask myself if I'm ready for another mc. That's prob the hurdle I gotta cross now. If so, then I would be considered mentally prepared to take on the FET. But I'm guessing no one will ever be "prepared" enough for a failure.
jiayou. yrs is blastocyst. should have a good chance,maybi happen e 1st 1 pick up not so,but those frosties waiting may be e 1s. have faith n think positive.

Ya... If 1 by 1, and keep bfn, I'll be wasting my frozen cycle grants. This was why I thot to put 2.

But I'm such a THH believer that I feel uncomfortable I'm going against his recommendation. Lol.
I am also his fan; but sometimes need to have own beliefs also. You must know what's his reason for putting in 1 embryo, if his concern is twins, and if you are genuinely ok with twins, then proceed to put 2..he did ask me if I want to put one since I already have a kid & ask me if kenna twins how? I told him it would be double blessings lo. Seriously, so easy to kenna twins meh! Haha..

I need some advice on FET and also trying again after miscarriage.

Dr Tan left an open date for me, ask me to call "when I'm ready". He gave me med/ duphaston for inducing menses and progynova ( assume it's for medicated FET?). I saw him quite late in the day and prob he tired I also tired, got a bit confused with his instructions for the med. will call KKH again.

I was wondering if any sisters can advise me if I shd take the duphaston to induce menses or wait for my menses to come naturally?

For FET, do we still need the ultrasound scans like we do during stims for fresh ? What are the steps like? Need to pre-empt my boss.

Any sisters tried 1 cycle after miscarriage? Cos my first menses shd be coming up in October. Due to the blackout period, best time is Nov or else it's Feb. I may be able to squeeze in Jan.
As I am a believer of fighting against time, I will take the duphaston to induce menses & kickstart the process cos if you wait naturally, we dunno how long the menses will come naturally.

Yup, need to do scans to check the lining for FET. If on medicated FET, once you hit 8mm, you are good to go for the embryo transfer.

I am also his fan; but sometimes need to have own beliefs also. You must know what's his reason for putting in 1 embryo, if his concern is twins, and if you are genuinely ok with twins, then proceed to put 2..he did ask me if I want to put one since I already have a kid & ask me if kenna twins how? I told him it would be double blessings lo. Seriously, so easy to kenna twins meh! Haha..

I Everytime put three also never Kanna triplets. If can put four I will put too. So it really depends on your past cycles n results.

Ya... If 1 by 1, and keep bfn, I'll be wasting my frozen cycle grants. This was why I thot to put 2.

But I'm such a THH believer that I feel uncomfortable I'm going against his recommendation. Lol.
It is now a "protocol" for doc to recommend d transfer of 1 embryo coz of the risk involved in multiples. Even THH ever made that recommendation, i went ahead with to transfer 2 and strike with twins. Went through a torturing half tri 1 before losing 1 of them. Just stay firm with your decision of transferring 2 if you think you and hubby are prepared for whatever that comes ahead.

I need some advice on FET and also trying again after miscarriage.

Dr Tan left an open date for me, ask me to call "when I'm ready". He gave me med/ duphaston for inducing menses and progynova ( assume it's for medicated FET?). I saw him quite late in the day and prob he tired I also tired, got a bit confused with his instructions for the med. will call KKH again.

I was wondering if any sisters can advise me if I shd take the duphaston to induce menses or wait for my menses to come naturally?

For FET, do we still need the ultrasound scans like we do during stims for fresh ? What are the steps like? Need to pre-empt my boss.

Any sisters tried 1 cycle after miscarriage? Cos my first menses shd be coming up in October. Due to the blackout period, best time is Nov or else it's Feb. I may be able to squeeze in Jan.
Whether or not to induce menses really depends on you. My personal preference is not to induce with meds coz dun want ovulation dates to be messed up. (There are cases of ladies ovulating after the supposed date and cycle had to be aborted.) As for progynova, its to be taken during cycle. He prescribed me with this for my next FET.

There are several black-out at the end of the year. There is 1 long stretch from end Nov to early or mid Dec (if i din rem wrongly). THH is usually away during Xmas period and there is another black out from 16 Jan to CNY for docs to clear leave. I oso booked for a fresh in Dec but if clash with the dates, have to postponed to Feb too.

I had an evac back in Dec 14. THH told me to take a break for 3 cycles coz need time to rest my body after the procedure. Went ahead for my next cycle the following May and bfp-ed with my #2. Nonetheless, my menses reported 2 cycles later, so not possible for me to do it either since i dun prefer inducing menses.

I don't think the rate if miscarriage is higher with ivf babies. Just that for ivf, patients tends to be more aware of their pregnancy in early stages. So when miscarriages happen, it contributes to a higher statistics. Most ladies who conceived naturally and unaware of their pregnancy may not have their rate of miscarriage or chemical pregnancy recorded as part of statistics.

Also the study group of ivf patients tend to be older women and women with inherent fertility issues. So the rate of miscarriage isn't so much because of the baby conceived via ivf, but more so due to the physical issue of infertility and age. So do not be disheartened, most fertility research and stats tend to have population/study group bias

Yes in some ways twins more work..esp their first few years..hv to be mentally and financially (and rooms!) prepared. Actually i trfed 2--3days embryos -12 cells and 10 cells and they resulted in triplets..but luckily turned out only twins which i am more than happy cos i think i cannot manage with 3! I had a chemical pregnancy in may/june 2014 then started my fresh cycle again in Sept. I rested 2-3mths in between.

Wow overwhelmed by the responses and advices. Thank you girls so much.

Physically I feel fine, and strong... Lol but I'm not sure if that's reliable. After your advices, my plan is to wait till mid October for my menses to come naturally, after which, I will induce.

If induced, I will wait for 1 more natural cycle before FET, which is prob Jan or feb. If it comes naturally, I'll start FET in nov. Sounds like a good plan?

I'll be thrilled with twins or even triplets! If I can warrant I can carry them all the way to full term and they will be born healthy. Then close shop Liao.
I got a feeling I'll end up putting two. Simply becos of what's practical and judging by the odds of striking twins (25%). After all, all our priority is striking right?

Should be...Mine is natural FET with no medications. Just call them when mens come and arrange for scanning...

oh ya...read that ur current cycle has cancel

I have one doubt..we can have mens but it does not mean we ovulate monthly. If we did not ovulated, will FET cancel?

I am not sure they will give injection to induce ovulation in natural cycle. Kkh will do blood test to check LH for ovulation. Then we will know we are ovulating or not.

Yes will be cancel
I thought we dun necessary need to ovulate coz the embryos are already ready for transfer. The only condition for transfer is lining of 8mm, isn't it? I mean, even for fresh cycle, we are given stimm drugs to grow the eggs and and when ready (ovulation triggered manually through HCG jabs), they are retrieved during ER. We are also given ovulation blocker as well, so whether or not we ovulate should no longer be an issue, right? From my understanding, even if we do not ovulate, our lining can still thicken which is essential for transfer.

Last edited:
I thought we dun necessary need to ovulate coz the embryos are already ready for transfer. The only condition for transfer is lining of 8mm, isn't it? I mean, even for fresh cycle, we are given stimm drugs to grow the eggs and when ready, they are retrieved during ER. We are also given ovulation blocker as well, so whether or not we ovulate should no longer be an issue, right?
From my understanding, we need one dominant follicle to proceed FET so ya, ovulation is still necessary...

Bbdust81 have u done natural FET? How was the steps? Or ru in 2ww?
For natural FET... call kkivf on cd1 and the nurse will arrange the scan for you on cd 9/10. During the 1st scan, they will check your lining and leading follicle. U will then be given ovulation test kits to bring home for testing. Once u are tested positive for ovulation, u will have go down immediately for scan. If not u will given a date to go down for a 2nd scan. Once you are tested positive for ovulation and lining is thick enough, you will be schedule for transfer. For me, I only went for 2 scan and ovulation detected on cd13 thus was schedule for transfer 3 days later.

From my understanding, we need one dominant follicle to proceed FET so ya, ovulation is still necessary...
Sorry, but why do we need a dominant follicle since the embryos have been retrieved? During the scans, the sonographer will read out if we have follicles but they will only indicate if it is small. The reason why i asked is because i have PCOS and do not ovulate regularly too. But i never encountered any cancellation for the many cycles i went through.

Sorry, but why do we need a dominant follicle since the embryos have been retrieved? During the scans, the sonographer will read out if we have follicles but they will only indicate if it is small. The reason why i asked is because i have PCOS and do not ovulate regularly too. But i never encountered any cancellation for the many cycles i went through.
I think from the dominant follicle can roughly know when ovulation occur. And also the review doctor told me before that lining will grow as the follicle grow. On my 2nd scan, my follicle was at 16mm and of irregular shape so the sonographer suspect ovulation occur and true enough, I was tested positive using the ovulation test kit on that day.
I guess for those not ovulating regularly, doctor will most likely prescribe medicated fet ba.

I think from the dominant follicle can roughly know when ovulation occur. And also the review doctor told me before that lining will grow as the follicle grow. On my 2nd scan, my follicle was at 16mm and of irregular shape so the sonographer suspect ovulation occur and true enough, I was tested positive using the ovulation test kit on that day.
I guess for those not ovulating regularly, doctor will most likely prescribe medicated fet ba.
So ovulation is basically used as a gauge to track growth of lining. If not, i was wondering how i could possibly proceed with my FETs when i dun really ovulate. Maybe sheer luck. :p And yes, so far for my medicated FETs, i was prescribed with Progynova to help thicken the lining. Thanks for clarifying!!! :)

For natural FET... call kkivf on cd1 and the nurse will arrange the scan for you on cd 9/10. During the 1st scan, they will check your lining and leading follicle. U will then be given ovulation test kits to bring home for testing. Once u are tested positive for ovulation, u will have go down immediately for scan. If not u will given a date to go down for a 2nd scan. Once you are tested positive for ovulation and lining is thick enough, you will be schedule for transfer. For me, I only went for 2 scan and ovulation detected on cd13 thus was schedule for transfer 3 days later.
Hi when u test urine for ovulation, did u use first morning urine? Or around what time did u take the test?

Back