2016/07 July babies

Easy to wash and dry too! Especially if you are doing manual washing. Love them so much! I've been using them after confinement.
Yeah I always thinking to get this type of clothes for my baby but don't know where to buy until I saw u all talking about it here so I went to their website to have a look. Haha thanks to all mummies here always sharing on good stuff :)

I read about that too, so haven't tried feeding myself. But today mum n hub failed at bottle feeding again, I think I'll try your method tmr. Been quite disheartened about her bottle rejection, so stopped pumping as I hv no idea what to do with the fbm in freezer.

I really pei fu your sweating it out with LO in room with no air con. The weather has been really horribly warm the past 2 wks.

Then how? Baby drink simi when u are not around?

Treat as sauna weight loss programme.

Today I open up my baby fist and smell his palm, Oh gosh.. Unforgettable smell!! Sour cum salty smell ( saliva cum perspiration ) haha I used to clean only the outside, now I always open up n clean his palm after he suck it.

Lol! To me that's the newer version, didn't know there's another even newer version. Avent didn't have the blue and white ring during my older kids' time.

I have all the three types of Philip avent bottles that you guys are discussing. Little one doesn't like any of those. Only like "MaMa" brand now

Bottlefeed is such a painful process.

Come to think about it. It has really been a journey.

- From Initially no milk to Little one's preference for formula and bottle during first two weeks.

- third week : start disliking formula and still okay with bottle feeding

- fourth week : reduced to 1/5 appetite for formula and still okay with bottle feeding

- fifth week - seventh week: breast milk supply established and stable with many ducts spraying. Bottle feeding still okay.

-eighth week onwards: little one starts showing bottle rejection until today

Easy to wash and dry too! Especially if you are doing manual washing. Love them so much! I've been using them after confinement.
I use them for babywearing! And always have them in my diaper bag, in case of oopsies! Too bad no sale online or I would have bought larger sizes kekeke

Then how? Baby drink simi when u are not around?

Treat as sauna weight loss programme.
Buay sai be not around liao becausw she choot pattern like that. For now, we are permanently joined 24/7. Really hope it's just a short phase. I hope to clock in a few half days in office soon. End of year period quite nice to be in office, bosses clearing leave, everyone in higher spirits. Christmas will be in the air soon!

I just finished Uniqlo online shopping! Couldn't resist with all the discussions on mesh wear for bb and Airism bratops. Haha, so happy.
Sephora sale for black card members just started at midnight, I'm going to shop liao! :DI cannot be SAHM, shop more than when I work sia. Online shopping very damaging to pocket.

Today I open up my baby fist and smell his palm, Oh gosh.. Unforgettable smell!! Sour cum salty smell ( saliva cum perspiration ) haha I used to clean only the outside, now I always open up n clean his palm after he suck it.
Ooh, I love that smell! I keep grabbing her fists and feet to sniff throughout the day. It makes her chuckle. So smelly but so intoxicating. Crazy mama!

Avent got 3type of bottle. White plastic look is classic. Yellow colour one is call gold. Plastic white with teat like beast is call natural. I prefer the gold series. Made in England. Heehee
Eh, this Avent why so many types one? A bottle is a bottle, serves the one and only function of feeding nia.
As long as she takes the bottle, I will buy, made of diamond also grit teeth and buy. Problem is she only wants nen!

Haha shopping is such a happy topic ya.

Those with pigeon : there's whistling sound when baby drinks? From the teat. It's normal right? I know it's design has a hole that allows air to enter while feeding. Wonder if that's the reason. Difference I can see is that baby drinks stressless in pigeon. Burps less and even drinks more.

So tempting to get the airism tops that you all have been raving. I am wearing cheaper versions at home (some nursing tops from qoo at half the price). If airism got offer let me know! I wanna pamper myself with one!

@tuna I cannot agree more that Nov/ Dec is a good period to be in office because people start to unwind and go on long leave. Bosses will start to clear leave and I can pump at will. Roads are also less jammed and ERP also got discount Hahahaha

Remember to clear your child care leave this year!

So tempting to get the airism tops that you all have been raving. I am wearing cheaper versions at home (some nursing tops from qoo at half the price). If airism got offer let me know! I wanna pamper myself with one!

@tuna I cannot agree more that Nov/ Dec is a good period to be in office because people start to unwind and go on long leave. Bosses will start to clear leave and I can pump at will. Roads are also less jammed and ERP also got discount Hahahaha

Offer is on now lor, $19.90 for airism bra tops, u.p. $29.90...kekeke

Moreover got free delivery with $60 and above....

Last edited:
Offer is on now lor, $19.90 for airism bra tops, u.p. $29.90...kekeke

Moreover got free delivery with $60 and above....

I bought the cheapo version from qoo. For your consideration too. Material is not too bad. Also smooth type. I don't have a uniqlo version to compare if there is a difference for the airism function

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Join us to get Airism also, they hv spag strap ones :D
Child care leave must clear 6 days this year? I hv a vague impression that we hv 42 days to clear by the year child turns 7. U "garmen" servant also?

Didn't login for a few days and wow so many posts alr! Quickly read through, I remember someone mentioned about the muscle surgery at neck. Yes, my boy also tend to turn to a certain side (for him is left) during sleeping or when he is looking around. My hubby's sister had such kind of surgery when she was young. So we were alarmed when we noticed this head preference. We tried so many ways to help to correct his neck 'preference' and find out that a Yao lan is probably the best solution. Now we put him in Yao Lan (not shaking too much though) during daytime and in cot during night. Been three weeks now and it seems his preference is gradually corrected.

Mummies can you pls PM me your confinement lady's contact. Didn't hire one during my last confinement as we find somebody else living in the house is a bit uncomfortable . But now I tell my hubby that if we ever have #2, a condiment lady is a must lol.
Actually a lot of things right after I gave birth we don't know and didn't pay attention to. And the Unexpected e-csection also messed things up. Kinda regret didn't get a professional helper.
So mummies if u think your CL is good to recommend, pls PM the contact. I'm looking for one who is especially good to take care of the mummy. :)

My mil also keep asking me to get a Yao lan to correct my son flat head but I don't really like the idea. I heard of kid fell off from Yao lan and also they refuse to sleep on bed. Now his head getting more flat lo Coz he sleep a lot..last night was the first time he sleep through the night.
9pm on bed and sleep till 1030pm and play by himself on the cot till 1130, feed him milk and he sleep till 7:30am, feed him milk again and sleep till 11am haha

Partly of flat head (and my baby sweats easily), great granny in law bought a mesh bouncer for her. She likes sleeping in it since its airy and doesn't cause too much pressure on the head. But I think so far no improvement leh. But just continue lor. However the IFC principal told me better to let baby sleep on flat mattress. Better for their back development.

Join us to get Airism also, they hv spag strap ones :D
Child care leave must clear 6 days this year? I hv a vague impression that we hv 42 days to clear by the year child turns 7. U "garmen" servant also?
I first time mum so I not sure about the child care leave system. I have 4 days of annual leave to clear and will carry forward many many days. Next year shiok!

To your last qn - I am not exactly a civil servant. is complicated :rolleyes:

I give up liow. Bubbles is, let's face it, a fussy baby. I don't even know if she ever had a sunshine week, a few days, maybe. As if the reflux, colic isn't enough, just when I was ready to dismiss teething (which I still am.skeptical of) she bites me so hard, even my usual admonishment didn't work, had to pull her ear for her to release. And THEN she pulled out the cutest grin from her arsenal.

I don't feel anything on her lower gum, but I so see 2 gashes and possibly some Epstein pearls, the PD didn't mention thrush when he examined her mouth, so I don't think that is it either. But her drooling and gnawing at my nipples have amped up, how sey!?

Mummies can help me, walaoweh, feeding her now is ....walaoweh cannot describe the pain, it's visceral!

Partly of flat head (and my baby sweats easily), great granny in law bought a mesh bouncer for her. She likes sleeping in it since its airy and doesn't cause too much pressure on the head. But I think so far no improvement leh. But just continue lor. However the IFC principal told me better to let baby sleep on flat mattress. Better for their back development.
Gotta give it some time, try to increase tummy time and babywearing...The Dr told me flat is better, and once bb neck muscles strengthen should auto turn while sleeping de. Or you can help them along like I did, but monitor la
1475034625066.jpg

(Substitute wet wipes for rolled up diaper or light pillow)

Gotta give it some time, try to increase tummy time and babywearing...The Dr told me flat is better, and once bb neck muscles strengthen should auto turn while sleeping de. Or you can help them along like I did, but monitor la
View attachment 658879

Wah u sewed something again!! Awesome!

My train-the-little-one-to-sleep-in-cot regime makes me very tired at night and I was lazy to pump out for two consecutive days. I finally pumped this morning. I checked my breasts today because my output was barely half of normal output and I could feel that there were still a lot of milk within. To my horror, there were several hard lumps. And they were so painful when I use fingers to exert pressure on them. Gotta bite teeth and clear all those blocked ducts otherwise I will get episodes of mastitis or inflamed glands.

Again all these pain will just disappear once I see new folds added to the little one's limbs. It thrills me when i see weight gain and new folds. Haha!

View attachment 658879

So crafty! Really nice. Are you selling these diy online? :)

Oh why flat is better? Anyway I did buy the babymoov contour pillow after realizing I didn't correct her preferred side. It does make her sleep straight.

Tonight on Aircon. We usually don't. But tonight the heat is CMI. Baby is sleeping like a baby now! Shiok shiok cool cool.

Can I ask if you all are successful in having your LO sleep early as scheduled? Our target is by 8pm. Best is 730pm. But out of a week, maybe twice we are lucky. The rest she prefers to play. I need some tips. I really wish she sleeps early then I can have couple time.

@snowfern - she's so chewy, really could be aching gums due to teething leh. I was told my first tooth erupted at 3 months of age, after 2 wks of fussing.
If really really cannot tahan, try nipple shield, or feed more ebm to give your distraught nips a rest? Hopefully she will stop gumming u soon.

So crafty! Really nice. Are you selling these diy online? :)

Oh why flat is better? Anyway I did buy the babymoov contour pillow after realizing I didn't correct her preferred side. It does make her sleep straight.
Flat cos natural, according to Dr. He might have explained more but I can't recall le, all I know is I asked if I should buy special pillow, he said no, flat, no pillow to reduce risk of SIDS, babywear and plenty of tummy time (he kept stressing this). The internal pressure of the skull will round out the head, just have to give baby a chance to do so instead of keeping them flat all day. Also strengthens the core and neck muscles, allowing them to hit developmental milestones.

Oh and I don't sell knits, cos I use free patterns on Ravelry.com ....I am always developing some patterns, just never found the time to put them up online :-/

Last edited:
@snowfern - she's so chewy, really could be aching gums due to teething leh. I was told my first tooth erupted at 3 months of age, after 2 wks of fussing.
If really really cannot tahan, try nipple shield, or feed more ebm to give your distraught nips a rest? Hopefully she will stop gumming u soon.
Thanks, hmmmm yeah maybe I should start up my stash again, I wonder if it is partly cos I gave her paci 2 nights ago? Then again, she has been gummy all week .....she didn't repeat the behaviour since tho, phew!

My train-the-little-one-to-sleep-in-cot regime makes me very tired at night and I was lazy to pump out for two consecutive days. I finally pumped this morning. I checked my breasts today because my output was barely half of normal output and I could feel that there were still a lot of milk within. To my horror, there were several hard lumps. And they were so painful when I use fingers to exert pressure on them. Gotta bite teeth and clear all those blocked ducts otherwise I will get episodes of mastitis or inflamed glands.

Again all these pain will just disappear once I see new folds added to the little one's limbs. It thrills me when i see weight gain and new folds. Haha!
Ouch! I feel you, when I had blocked ducts in the first 2 weeks, had to pinch and push and massage them out....not fun. Doing so in the hot shower did seem easier though, was also rather thrilling watching the sprays increase in number (back then I only dribbled and bubbles became dehydrated T.T)

Massage when latching easier. Bb can help clear ur blockage fastest.

Tonight on Aircon. We usually don't. But tonight the heat is CMI. Baby is sleeping like a baby now! Shiok shiok cool cool.

Can I ask if you all are successful in having your LO sleep early as scheduled? Our target is by 8pm. Best is 730pm. But out of a week, maybe twice we are lucky. The rest she prefers to play. I need some tips. I really wish she sleeps early then I can have couple time.

I have been reading about bedtimes. It seems best if u can set a routine so that the little one can expect what's next.

I'll just share my experience. I used to let baby decide on the sleeping time (even until 12mn) until I changed the system about a week ago. My target sleeping time for little one is anytime between 8-9pm so that I can have uninterrupted dinner with my husband. My husband usually reaches home around 8.30pm. So I will try my best to entertain baby until then so that baby gets to see daddy before sleeping. Another consideration is that I have read somewhere that it is preferred for baby to sleep longer so that they can reach deeper stages of sleep. Something like stage 4. (Forgot Liao!)

With these considerations, I tested with the target timing. Based on what I have read, there is a need to let baby learn to distinguish between day and night. So day time, I will let baby play anywhere, except the cot. There is loud and rough play, sing along sessions etc etc in bright room. All activities are controlled and not at the cot. At most, shaking of toy rattler is allowed in cot. I had intentionally kept the cot as an exclusive sleeping place without any stimulants.

Next, I need to let baby learn to recognize bed time. Also read somewhere that we should keep voices low and have lights dimmed at night. So what I did was to save the evening wipe body ritual and changing into long sleeves clothes to about 8+ after my husband has played with the baby. It also makes sense cos I want the baby to sleep in clean diaper and for the diaper to tahan thru the night. Sometimes baby is still not tired after cleaning, so I will place the little one in the cot to cry it out loud or self entertain while I clean up the diaper rack and do some other stuff.

I will wait for baby to show hunger cues before switching off the room light and switching on night lamp. Once that is done, I'll pick baby and latching begins. Baby is quite smart to recognize all these and will begin to stock up for the night. The little tummy will expand until cannot expand. Once satisfied, the little one will be in drunken mode and I will gently place back to the cot and start swaddling. In my case, my baby will fidget and grunt if it was a dozed off episode and the stock-up has yet to reach max level. It is time for me to pick up from cot and feed second round. If baby no move after swaddling, it is considered mission accomplished and I can just leave the room for ME time. As mentioned in my earlier posts, I will close the windows, draw the curtain to create complete blackout effect and make use of the white noise from ceiling fan. I will also close the bedroom door to block out any sudden sound cos my crazy dogs might still be barking at neighbours.

This timing is comfortable for me as baby next wake is likely 4-5h and the Baby can be fully awake by 6-7am (good for working mums). When baby is awake, I will draw open the curtains for direct sunlight to penetrate. I will also leave the baby in the cot for a while for the baby to fully awake while I prepare bathing apparatus.

Recently, all my "ahhing" to signal little one to open mouth for mouth cleaning has paid off. After about a month of training, now when my little one see the finger wrapped in gauze cloth and hear my "Ahhh", the mouth will auto open and let out a soft "Ahhh" for me to clean. It is so cute, especially when you see the baby making effort to keep mouth open yet wanna gag!

So to summarise, I think you need to build a regular schedule so that the little one knows what to expect next. I think babies have great association skills. So do try putting in something unique and saving it exclusively as the last activity before lights off. It can even be reading books. In my case, I chose to wipe body cos it should be very shiok to sleep after a hot towel wipe. It applies to adults also. Who likes to sleep when you are sticky and dirty? Clean clean and dry diapers = a good start for good sleep.

My two cents worth. Not even sure if I am doing the right thing.

Massage when latching easier. Bb can help clear ur blockage fastest.

I noticed that my baby doesn't clear my blockage very well recently.

This lazy little one will just use tongue and initial sucking action to trigger let down and let the sprays do the job. Will still suck but not making a lot of effort to clear, plus right now, supply is more than sufficient. Hence, the little one seldom gets a chance to reach the "clear duct" stage. Somehow this smart one has discovered the effortless technique.

Mummy here also not stupid. On such days, I will try to pump out most of the milk without emptying the breast and offer to the little one do that duct clearing can still occur. Mummy 吃盐比你吃奶多。I can outsmart you.

Nice routine @KWL , I gotta take some pointers from you! Initially we would bed down anytime from 9-11pm onwards, but after 1 particularly bad meltdown episode, I instilled a bedtime routine as well. Problem is, I wanted bath time to be the Pavlov's bell, but it had to be at 5+pm, any later and my MIL would keep nagging that it's too cold. It was previously at 6++, 7pm.

But since birth, she had already been used to after bath time being the race starter to stock up on milk. But that makes it difficult for me to do anything else between 6-10pm, where previously it would be from 8-10, 10 being my target bed time. Moreover, MIL likes to carry her to sleep in between, so anywhere from 7-9pm she would have another 30mins nap while I shower/have dinner. I have always been uncomfortable about this as I think it makes her unable to sleep deeply fast enough come bedtime. But MIL sees it as a source of pride to be able to lull her to sleep, where I have to use my boobs.

I want this to change, cos I want to find a way to do a bathe-eat-play-sleep routine, not the current play-bathe-eat-sleep. Maybe it's too soon for her? At 4mths better?

Your post has reminded me of where my mistakes lie, and I will try and correct them right away.

I'm thinking of:
- changing my shower time to showering with her. But, logistics. The infant bathtub insert is fast becoming too small for her, right now it is snug, and I don't know if she can tahan sitting in that cramped toilet for the 15mins I take to shower before her turn in her tub. Would I have to lie her down in her tub on a towel first?

- delay bath time till 7pm (my preferred) or shift it to morning (difficult, MIL nags about it being too cold). Afternoons are out as I sometimes go out to run errands.

- have an additional hot wipe down session before bed time. This might work. Hrmm.

- revert my shower time to daddy's baobao time. But this means MIL misses out on what she thinks is bubbles' bedtime in her arms. Aka her bonding time. I don't want to deprive her of that either, but she does have an afternoon baobao time w bubbles what. :-/ Haiz, mil/dil r/s is so complex!

The bedding down routine is almost exactly the same as yours, at about 8, I turn down the lights, turn off all noise makers (music, Netflix), nurse her quietly, cot. About an hr later she would want more milk, nurse again, daddy baobao/burp, cot. By this time it's usually 10++ 11pm, and she would be out till around 2-3 am, if I'm lucky, 4. Feed, then back to sleep, up at 6+7, daytime cluster feed.

Eh, sorry ah, thinking out loud. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

@KWL is your dogs ok with baby? My dog is a jealous boy, he licks all people even stranger but not my baby. I offer my baby feet to him and ask him to be friend friend but he ignore it. I having battle with my dog whenever my baby sleep, my baby is very sensitive to sound especially during day time nap. My dog likes to jump up our bed which is next to the cot and he will scratch on the bed to warm up the place before he sleep on it. The scratching sound will wake my baby up. I always got to watch him and don't let him enter the room, as I can't close room door because my baby crying very soft. If I busy prepare my lunch in the kitchen, I can't hear my baby cry even the door is slightly open. I got to walk in & out the kitchen several time to check any baby crying sound. If I close the door it will be worse. So i'm very busy watching over my dog and not to let him enter the room while baby is sleeping. He damn stubborn la.. Told him already but don't listen. When I take shower I can see his shadow walking towards master bedroom (glass toilet door) grrrr ...

Nice routine @KWL , I gotta take some pointers from you! Initially we would bed down anytime from 9-11pm onwards, but after 1 particularly bad meltdown episode, I instilled a bedtime routine as well. Problem is, I wanted bath time to be the Pavlov's bell, but it had to be at 5+pm, any later and my MIL would keep nagging that it's too cold. It was previously at 6++, 7pm.

But since birth, she had already been used to after bath time being the race starter to stock up on milk. But that makes it difficult for me to do anything else between 6-10pm, where previously it would be from 8-10, 10 being my target bed time. Moreover, MIL likes to carry her to sleep in between, so anywhere from 7-9pm she would have another 30mins nap while I shower/have dinner. I have always been uncomfortable about this as I think it makes her unable to sleep deeply fast enough come bedtime. But MIL sees it as a source of pride to be able to lull her to sleep, where I have to use my boobs.

I want this to change, cos I want to find a way to do a bathe-eat-play-sleep routine, not the current play-bathe-eat-sleep. Maybe it's too soon for her? At 4mths better?

Your post has reminded me of where my mistakes lie, and I will try and correct them right away.

I'm thinking of:
- changing my shower time to showering with her. But, logistics. The infant bathtub insert is fast becoming too small for her, right now it is snug, and I don't know if she can tahan sitting in that cramped toilet for the 15mins I take to shower before her turn in her tub. Would I have to lie her down in her tub on a towel first?

- delay bath time till 7pm (my preferred) or shift it to morning (difficult, MIL nags about it being too cold). Afternoons are out as I sometimes go out to run errands.

- have an additional hot wipe down session before bed time. This might work. Hrmm.

- revert my shower time to daddy's baobao time. But this means MIL misses out on what she thinks is bubbles' bedtime in her arms. Aka her bonding time. I don't want to deprive her of that either, but she does have an afternoon baobao time w bubbles what. :-/ Haiz, mil/dil r/s is so complex!

The bedding down routine is almost exactly the same as yours, at about 8, I turn down the lights, turn off all noise makers (music, Netflix), nurse her quietly, cot. About an hr later she would want more milk, nurse again, daddy baobao/burp, cot. By this time it's usually 10++ 11pm, and she would be out till around 2-3 am, if I'm lucky, 4. Feed, then back to sleep, up at 6+7, daytime cluster feed.

Eh, sorry ah, thinking out loud. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I will introduce another wipe body session so as not to hurt the relationship with my mil. Just let the things continue as is. Afterall you are staying with her. Don't strain and create tension. Later let ppl say disrespectful to elders! Mil can be very difficult if they want to be.

Last night was a victorious war for me. The night before was a nightmare with hourly wakes. So I pondered what went wrong the day before. I think the key attributes were too long comfortable day nap (3h + 1.5h). I lay baby beside me in master bedroom. And secondly, I attended to the baby too promptly at night. I picked baby at the slightest grunt so baby is taking me for granted that I will be 24/7. Last night. I just 赖床 and only wake up when it becomes a full blown cry. And it works. The crying tires baby. Baby drink more and can sleep longer. Good cycle!

Thanks for the detailed tips @KWL

I realized 2days ago I did make the mistake for weeks of closing curtains and sounds while she naps. But then, she is a baby who can sleep with noise and daylight so also don't know why I did that *knuckle my head*. Maybe got day/night confusion now. At 9pm-11pm if she is awake she'll be super on play mood which we have to decline her. And since a week ago, she has been asking for lotsa comfort latch during the day. Suck already nap even better n longer.

Yesterday I attempted to feed water to her. I didn't think it's necessary all along but when I saw pd, she says can give. I also don't want her to reject plain water later part. I'm just giving very little of 20ml a few times a day. Now that she likes pigeon, feeding is easier too. Did try water once on avent and she cried murder.

@KWL is your dogs ok with baby? My dog is a jealous boy, he licks all people even stranger but not my baby. I offer my baby feet to him and ask him to be friend friend but he ignore it. I having battle with my dog whenever my baby sleep, my baby is very sensitive to sound especially during day time nap. My dog likes to jump up our bed which is next to the cot and he will scratch on the bed to warm up the place before he sleep on it. The scratching sound will wake my baby up. I always got to watch him and don't let him enter the room, as I can't close room door because my baby crying very soft. If I busy prepare my lunch in the kitchen, I can't hear my baby cry even the door is slightly open. I got to walk in & out the kitchen several time to check any baby crying sound. If I close the door it will be worse. So i'm very busy watching over my dog and not to let him enter the room while baby is sleeping. He damn stubborn la.. Told him already but don't listen. When I take shower I can see his shadow walking towards master bedroom (glass toilet door) grrrr ...
Would you consider install a baby gate? A solution when you need to separate them while you can't be near.

All these doggy talk makes me miss my poochy. She is in pet heaven now. She would be a good guardian to my Lo I'm very sure.

Back