TCM for fertility issue

June.Torres

Hi members,

I have been trying to conceive for nearly 8months but still got no news. I have been seeing Eu Yan Sheng TCM for 3 months but is pretty expensive and it doesn't seem to help in making my body stronger. And the advice I got every week is just "avoid cold drink". This is pretty frustrated.

Do anyone have any good TCM recommendation? Would really appreciate.

I guess the most frustrated feeling is when ppl around you are asking when are you getting pregnant, why do people ask such insensitive question? :(

Hi there

Personally I have not tried or been successful with TCM. I guess mainly because I am too lazy to stick to it.

Those that my various friends have tried and successful conceive with were:

- Times Enterprise at Aperia Mall (this one uses acupuncture)
- Sin Chong at Peoples Park Centre (Dr Feng Jia Yang)
- Dr Cao Guang Yu at Geylang

Hope it helps! :)

Hi there

Personally I have not tried or been successful with TCM. I guess mainly because I am too lazy to stick to it.

Those that my various friends have tried and successful conceive with were:

- Times Enterprise at Aperia Mall (this one uses acupuncture)
- Sin Chong at Peoples Park Centre (Dr Feng Jia Yang)
- Dr Cao Guang Yu at Geylang

Hope it helps! :)

Thank you my dear :) Will consider!

Dr Zou Yu Min at 505 Ang Mo Kio Ave 8, 560505 is a very good and caring TCM. Been seeing her over 5months now. Although I haven't yet expect a baby (still trying), a friend of mine got positive result (baby girl now) recommended her to me.

Dr Tan Kian Sing
TCM Healthcare Medical Centre (Clementi); Tel : 6872 3237

Hi, you can try the above TCM. I was with him for abt a yr plus. Think he help to unblock my two fallopian tubes with accupuncture and sachet chinese powder. Btw, I am 10wks preggy. I also took Blackmore Conceive Well Gold (BCWG) to conceive. I m letting go 2 boxes of BCWG as I m on pregnant multivits now. PM me if you are interested?

Last edited:
Dr Tan Kian Sing

Hi, you can try the above TCM. I was with him for abt a yr plus. Think he help to unblock my two fallopian tiubs with accupuncture and sachet chinese powder. Btw, I am 10wks preggy. I also took Blackmore Conceive Well Gold (BCWG) to conceive. I m letting go 2 boxes of BCWG as I m on pregnant multivits now. Can reach me at Hp 9385 3994.

Hi! How many boxes have you took before you got pregnant with blackmore conceive well?

hi augxp, I consumed 1.5 boxes over 4mths. Suppose to eat every day but I dreaded taking pills. Must take after meal, if not cause nausea. I always take after dinner.
I m oredi 45yrs old and this is my 2nd pregnancy. I had a miscarriage last June. That time my body was not strong enuf to maintain the pregnancy. So this time round, I make sure I prepare my body well. I abstain from coffee, tea, cold drinks, cooling foods. 3 years ago, Doc told me my only chance to conceive is IVF because of blocked tubes. All ladies, I can make it, so can you.

Last edited:
After my miscarriage I saw Dr Chan from Ban Choon Chan at Marine Parade. Both Dr Chan and my gynea said to wait 3 periods before trying to conceive. While waiting for my 3 periods to come, he prescribed medication for me to strengthen and prepare for conception after my 3rd period. I got pregnant on my first month trying with him, after my 3rd period.

You can try. He is very good I feel. I am seeing him now to 'bu' my baby in 2nd trimester. I'm currently week 17.

The only problem is he is only opened Wed to Sundays 8.30am to about lunch time. There is no q number or appointments. You have to show up and sit on the chair. When one person is done, everyone moves up a chair. During my 3 month waiting period, my husband came with me to tiao as well. So my hubs will go q on Sat or Sun at 6.30am to be the first few in the q. A friend goes during early lunch time on weekdays and sees him. His q is shorter during the weekdays.

Ban Choon Chan is at Blk 81 #01-636 Marine Parade Central S 440081

Good luck and baby dust to you.

hi augxp, I consumed 1.5 boxes over 4mths. Suppose to eat every day but I dreaded taking pills. Must take after meal, if not cause nausea. I always take after dinner.
I m oredi 45yrs old and this is my 2nd pregnancy. I had a miscarriage last June. That time my body was not strong enuf to maintain the pregnancy. So this time round, I make sure I prepare my body well. I abstain from coffee, tea, cold drinks, cooling foods. 3 years ago, Doc told me my only chance to conceive is IVF because of blocked tubes. All ladies, I can make it, so can you.

Hi eggcitedangel,
Congratulation to you! Do you conceive naturally or iui/ivf?

Hi Jn95owl, dun knw whether you need to start again to 'tiao'. Noted you said last year...more than 8mths liao:). A penny for your thots....

Last edited:
Hi Jn96owl, dun knw whether you need to start again to 'tiao'. Noted you said last year...more than 8mths liao:). A penny for your thots....
Hi eggcited, running out of time... feel stress. I'm going to gynae tml to scan if i did ovulate this cycle.... else will have hard time during 2ww.

Hi eggcited, running out of time... feel stress. I'm going to gynae tml to scan if i did ovulate this cycle.... else will have hard time during 2ww.

Hi eggcitedangel,
Disappointment, gynae confirmed no O this cycle possibly due to pcos. Wait for next cycle clomid + iui. Wish me good luck... jia you for myself.

Hi eggcitedangel,
Disappointment, gynae confirmed no O this cycle possibly due to pcos. Wait for next cycle clomid + iui. Wish me good luck... jia you for myself.
Hi. May I know how your Gynea find out that there is no ovulation? Blood test ? On which day? I also wanna know if I'm ovulating

Hi. May I know how your Gynea find out that there is no ovulation? Blood test ? On which day? I also wanna know if I'm ovulating

Hi shuqin, I went for ultrasound on cd14, gynae found 13 follicles, the biggest is abt 12. Returned one week later which is cd21 for ultrasound again but gynae check and said there is no ovulation.

Just wondering, how long does it typically take for TCM to work? I just started seeing Dr Chan @ Ban Choon Chan (Marine Parade) in early August. Have completed 1 cycle of medication but still no news. going to see him again this weekend for 2nd dose.

After my miscarriage I saw Dr Chan from Ban Choon Chan at Marine Parade. Both Dr Chan and my gynea said to wait 3 periods before trying to conceive. While waiting for my 3 periods to come, he prescribed medication for me to strengthen and prepare for conception after my 3rd period. I got pregnant on my first month trying with him, after my 3rd period.

You can try. He is very good I feel. I am seeing him now to 'bu' my baby in 2nd trimester. I'm currently week 17.

The only problem is he is only opened Wed to Sundays 8.30am to about lunch time. There is no q number or appointments. You have to show up and sit on the chair. When one person is done, everyone moves up a chair. During my 3 month waiting period, my husband came with me to tiao as well. So my hubs will go q on Sat or Sun at 6.30am to be the first few in the q. A friend goes during early lunch time on weekdays and sees him. His q is shorter during the weekdays.

Ban Choon Chan is at Blk 81 #01-636 Marine Parade Central S 440081

Good luck and baby dust to you.

hi. i trying for 4 years plus still dun have and fail in iui this year. may i know how much is this Dr Chan conslutation fee and med. usually how long is the waiting like 1 hour or more?

juz go there directly to register or need to call them up?

hi. i trying for 4 years plus still dun have and fail in iui this year. may i know how much is this Dr Chan conslutation fee and med. usually how long is the waiting like 1 hour or more?

juz go there directly to register or need to call them up?

He does not charge consultation fee. I paid $180 for 7 packs (7 days) of medication. Have to go early to queue before opening hours.

Hi girls

Me also TTC with TCM after my miscarriage in June :( this is my first time trying after mc.

Friend recommended Dr Velonka Toh from Stream clinic at Holland V. She is quite good, insists on me charting my temp and sending her everyday together with pics of my LH strips so she can advise me when to BD and monitor my temp.

But expensive ..we have seen her for 6 weeks every week abt $210. She has given me and my husband 14 days of herbs to brew which we drank before my ovulation. What I like is actually she taking the effort to journey during the cycle. But for this time la idk how I can continue if I don't strike this cycle. It's damn ex :(

Hi diddledum, sorry abt your mc. Doc advise me to ttc only aft 3mths aft my mc. But I didnt kena until a yr later. Heard some ppl immediately ttc and successful becoz body still in the pregnancy mode. Meanwhile lead a healthy lifestyle with good diet and exercise. Continue to take folic and multivit. Take care and baby dust to you.

Last edited:
Hi diddledum, sorry abt your mc. Doc advise me to ttc only aft 3mths aft my mc. But I didnt kena until a yr later. Heard some ppl immediately ttc and successful becoz body still in the pregnancy mode. Meanwhile lead a healthy lifestyle with good diet and exercise. Continue to take folic and multivit. Take care and baby dust to you.
Hey eggcitedangel

Thanks for your support :) I was devastated but hopeful again after my first period came. I guess it just means hope whenever my period is here? Starting to be more positive now that I'm in my 2WW but not sure if I'll be disappointed. But hearing your experience gives me hope too! How was it trying to conceive after mc?

Hi diddledum, from not able to conceive naturally to getting preggy was a surprise for me. The mc was probably a sign that my body was not ready to sustain a pregnancy. Aft mc, I was more strict with my diet, try not to let work stress me (my boss is the kancheong type). Went for TCM, also start to eat folic regularly. Tried multivits recommended by a younger colleague who mc before. Active in weekly BD. Monitor mucus nearer to ovulation.
Communicate with hubby to strike at the right time....hehehe
I also massage around my womb prior ovulation with a little bit of ruyi oil to warm the area. And apply ruyi oil on the womb area aft BD, dun massage, elevate your buttock with pillow for abt 10min, legs in the air for the spermy to flow in. Happy experimenting!

Last edited:
Hi all, would like to get your views. Usually when you go for tcm, do you take their meds + acupuncture, or just go for acupuncture?

Just started tcm this cycle (accupuncture + meds). Was surprised that I ovulated earlier this month and cervical mucus more abundant. Not sure if it's due to tcm or the new supplements that I'm taking.

Wondering if the effect would be as good if I just went for accupuncture...the med is a tad bitter for my liking

Hi girls

Me also TTC with TCM after my miscarriage in June :( this is my first time trying after mc.

Friend recommended Dr Velonka Toh from Stream clinic at Holland V. She is quite good, insists on me charting my temp and sending her everyday together with pics of my LH strips so she can advise me when to BD and monitor my temp.

But expensive ..we have seen her for 6 weeks every week abt $210. She has given me and my husband 14 days of herbs to brew which we drank before my ovulation. What I like is actually she taking the effort to journey during the cycle. But for this time la idk how I can continue if I don't strike this cycle. It's damn ex :(

Hi diddledum, just want to share that i am seeing the tcm at north bridge road (Tai Choon Foh) after my 2nd early mc in May. His med is powder type, need to take 2-3 times daily and is a month's supply (cost abt $250).

I got my bfp the 2nd mth of taking the med but because i was spotting i need to see him weekly until i am stabilized now. Am at almost 10wks and heard a very strong heartbeat.

You may want to consider if u want to switch tcm.

Hi diddledum, just want to share that i am seeing the tcm at north bridge road (Tai Choon Foh) after my 2nd early mc in May. His med is powder type, need to take 2-3 times daily and is a month's supply (cost abt $250).

I got my bfp the 2nd mth of taking the med but because i was spotting i need to see him weekly until i am stabilized now. Am at almost 10wks and heard a very strong heartbeat.

I just started seeing him also, he advise me to continue eating his medicine while I am doing the ivf injection. Anyone also doing that ?

Hi mini cia

Thanks for sharing! Can you share the Tcm contact with me? Did he diagnose you with anything? How did you manage your second mc? I'm very scared of a second mc too, I saw 3 gynae no one wanted to help check what's wrong and just ask me to try again. And gave me lextrozole. Which I didn't take cos my TCM advised in case of thinning the uterus lining. And I'm happy to try naturally just afraid that second mc may happen ...

Hi, can I pls double confirm if it's alright to go for accupuncture during the 2ww? Will it be safe in the event that implantation is occurring?

Hi pink2purple, are you referring to acupuncture at the abdomen for fertility? If yes, do not acupuncture during the 2ww. In normal circumstances, sinseh only acupuncture between the timing after menses and before ovulation. Also cannot massage during the 2ww.

Last edited:
Hi pink2purple, are you referring to acupuncture at the abdomen for fertility? If yes, do not acupuncture during the 2ww. In normal circumstances, sinseh only acupuncture between the timing after menses and before ovulation. Also cannot massage during the 2ww.

Yes, I'm referring to the abdomen accupuncture for fertility. I read online that some ppl say not to go during 2ww, but my tcm dr say only during period no need to do.
What about the herbal medicine? Do u continue taking during 2ww?

Hi the massage you are referring to is normal body massage or tcm massage? Thanks!

Hi the massage you are referring to is normal body massage or tcm massage? Thanks!

Hi Numbed, actually I am referring to accupuncture...not massage. Coz usually we will be given accupuncture front and back, and the front one covers the abdomen area. Was wondering if it is safe during 2ww

@pink2purple @diddledum
Hello I just wanted to share my Tcm doc:
Dr Tan Kian Sing at Clementi.
He's expensive too but very effective, cheaper than your Holland V doc. His calculation with OPK is extremely precise, and I concieved twice under his instructions. My friend concieved 3 times under his instructions.

Acupunxture near the womb area can only be done just before ovulation, after your period. Acupunxture anywhere else is fine anytime during your cycle. :)

@diddledum

TTC after miscarrying has a lot of challenges, emotionally and physically. I miscarried twice, gynae refused to send me for further tests, as he insisted that my health is good. He actually said I'm just experiencing very bad luck.

Anyway I'm now 21 weeks pregnant. It was difficult during the TTC process. Emotionally. My husband and I had to psyche ourselves and keep our moods positive. I stayed away from babies' showers, birthdays. I distanced myself from friends who didn't understand my struggles. I was constantly depressed putting on a strong front, but I really forced myself to keep going.

My advise to you is to keep positive, no matter what... Technology is very advanced now. If having a family is what you both really want, you have to persevere. In total I spent 2 years TTC and had 2 miscarriages. It was a tough journey but it was MY journey. I'm glad that I never gave up, even though I felt like it. I hope my story encourages you even a little bit. Stay positive, and don't hesitate to seek help (TCM, gynae)...

I recommend Dr Sunny Loh Sum Nin from AMK TCM. 102 Hougang Avenue 1, #01-1191, 530102, 6553 0811. He's a very fatherly figure and will encourage u all the way and tell u there's nothing call no hope.

Dr Tan Kian Sing

Hi, you can try the above TCM. I was with him for abt a yr plus. Think he help to unblock my two fallopian tubes with accupuncture and sachet chinese powder. Btw, I am 10wks preggy. I also took Blackmore Conceive Well Gold (BCWG) to conceive. I m letting go 2 boxes of BCWG as I m on pregnant multivits now. PM me if you are interested?
Hi, are u selling the blackmore?

sorry hippology, Blackmore Conceive already sold. Can try Watson selling at 20% discount. I bought my Blackmore Pregnancy a few days ago.

Recommend nuskin R2 to increase fertility. I have a few friends on it for a few months and they successfully managed to conceive.

Heard from them both husband and wife must consume it together then got effect.

My menses is super irregular and was told by my gynae that I dont ovulate. I went to see TCM at public free clinic at tampines and did acupuncture for 7-8weeks. Tested +ve ytd!

Hi, may i know where is the TCM at public free clinic in Tampines? Is acupunture painful?

Hello, its at Blk 245, #01-329 Tampines Street 21 S(51245), I always go to Room2 (陈医师). I went because my menses is always irregular and its always very painful.
No acupuncture is not painful at all..

For many years nothing has happen and I thought something is wrong with me but I didn't really care as I haven't really thought of having kids untill recently it became a concern n worry. The thing is, my menses is regular, I have never missed before, but my body is super heaty. It's very warm most of the time. Breakout easily. So About a year back I went to a famous Female TCM at Lavender spend few hundereds on those bottles powder mixture nothing happen. I then start taking folic acid upon knowing that it is beneficial to our womb and I change to another TCM. He is famous for making women conceive. He told me his medicine is pure syrup not those powdered ones that are harder to absorb. He also gave me some capsules pills. I conceive after a few visit.

Attachments

• IMG_4724.JPG
    IMG_4724.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,604

My menses is super irregular and was told by my gynae that I dont ovulate. I went to see TCM at public free clinic at tampines and did acupuncture for 7-8weeks. Tested +ve ytd!
Hi can share more of what he do n how long need to wait. Wat do I need to provide him?

Back