Formula feed from birth

oliveyyy

hi any mummies here formula fed baby from birth or planning to? I'm going to give birth at Kkh, wonder if any of you have faced questioning/negative responses from the doctors or nurses over there and do we have to take medication to stop milk production? I'm planning to formula feed baby (first time mum) and it's really just a personal choice.

Hi...

Kkh nurses r very pro breastfeeding. ..I was warded in b1 at kkh n I overhearded my next bed neighbour told d nurse she not gg bf ...

D nurses encouraging n told her try cos d mummy excuse is no bm...d mummy still insist no n they let her b....I mean u can just str tell d nurses what u prefer n if u r firm about it they can't force u ...

About medicine to stop milk production u can try asking Dr. ..

Hello,

I think you are very brave! There is absolutely nothing wrong with this decision :) I think not to the extend of giving negative comments but surely their encouragements will come with some pressure for you. I guess you have to be very firm and strong in conveying your point else the nurses will try their luck convincing you to breastfeed. Jiayou! All the best!

@oliveyyy :) I think it's your personal choice whether to breastfeed your baby a not. Anyway, when I delivered, the lady besides me (took a 2 bedder) also decided to formula fed her baby right from the start. She made it clear to the nurses and they are quite open as it's her choice. After a while, a LC came and also talk to her about her decision and since she stand firm on formula fed, the LC gave some advice on how to stop the milk production in order to prevent engorgement.

Hi
I delivered in KKH in Aug 2016. I choose to give FM too. The nurse will encourage you to breastfeed but as long as you make up your mind about it, they are ok with it. I am not sure whether is it the doc or nurse who does the prescription, but tthe nurse gave me a pill to stop the milk supply. So it can be done. Afterall, this is a personal choice.

Back