2016/07 July babies

Looking at uniqlo website, wow suitable for hot weather like now. Btw .. Size 70cm will be too big for baby ?

I bought the pigeon already. Let's try later. It does feel softer compared to avent teat.

The teat upgrade worked twice only. After that back to low intake. Hope it's just a phase.

I haven't let bb try but I bought her uniglo 70cm. I think 60cm will be little wear only. So 70cm should give her more. @emk I think your boy should go one size up?

@gan How you feeling at work after a long break?

Thanks redvel :)

Recently my baby very talkative, ah goo ah goo non stop Haha very funny! When I said ah goo to him he laugh with sound. When he said ah goo to me then I pretend to laugh too. I think he find it very fun so keep saying ah goo to me.

Ok I didn't have time to do a proper one as I took up Snowfern challenge on making black&white mobile for baby's cot. Don't have time to go out buy materials la.

So I used a white paper and a black marker. Just random draw something. Then stick it onto the current baby crib mobile. As the paper is lightweight, the ceiling fan gives it a flapping motion while it turns. My baby finds it soothing. Few times she suck her hands and watches and fell asleep.

@tuna, a suggestion you can try. Cheap and maybe will work for you.

Mine milk intake drop coz she has got block nose n the mucus backdrIp causes cough, brought her see pd this morning n was given Nasal spray. Hopefully she drinks more soon...she is still taking 70-90 ml per feed

Yup back to work after 12 weeks of leave...n already busy though toddy is only second day of work.

I miss interacting n carrying the LO. My gal sleeps early around 7 PM plus, so when I m home she is already asleep

Pumping milk morning n night now,.... Hopefully can still have 2 feeds of ebm till she is 6 months old.

Think my case not due to flow. Upgraded teat already.
Is the newer natural Avent the one with an additional blue n white ring that goes into the teat holder?
Not sure...I don't recall seeing it tho? We hardly use so it's hidden back in storage....

I did read about some mummies talking about sleep regression and milk strikes, happening around 3-4mths...perhaps that's what's happening?

KWL, only recent that your LO doesn't like avent? All along ok but don't know why lately she dislikes.

Happened to have an old used pigeon teat. Not compatible with avent. View attachment 658671
Mine hates bottles. Now the rejection rate is higher. Changed teats also no use. Today wail for a good 30mins. Nothing can appease the little one. Once I carry or take over, the head auto turn to my breasts. Kns!

But I refused to let the little one latch until the bottle of milk is finished. I am on no wastage policy. And the little one still latch on to drink a little more. Haha

Today was ruh-ufff. Went polyclinic, but the Dr said can't do anything for her reflux, asked me to consider offering pacifier, and reduce feeds. Referred to kkh. But have to wait 4 working days for kkh to give me appt. At least I got painkillers for myself out of the trip.

Decided to go to pte PD, and he said pretty much the same, reduce feeds and see if Merlion incidences stop. Reluctantly offered antacids due to her age, and I was also reluctant to put her on it, so that was a $100++ chat session. Haiz.

She had 2 tantrum episodes, cos I reduced her time at my boobs :( no other way to soothe her, so finally tried the paci again, this time she took to it like a pro :0 even figured out how to push it back into her mouth when it popped out wtf. And to think she hadn't even figured out her hands yet!!! Augh!

I hope this doesn't delay her speech, she has been babbling a whole bunch, even imitating my speech and trying to coo along the alphabet song...I will be so mad at myself if she refuses all other soothing methods! Hope to only use it during bedtime....

Looking at uniqlo website, wow suitable for hot weather like now. Btw .. Size 70cm will be too big for baby ?

What is the weight and length of your baby now?
If I recalled correctly, ur little one is above 6kg Liao right? Btw the mesh onesies are highly stretchable.

image.jpeg

Ok I didn't have time to do a proper one as I took up Snowfern challenge on making black&white mobile for baby's cot. Don't have time to go out buy materials la.

So I used a white paper and a black marker. Just random draw something. Then stick it onto the current baby crib mobile. As the paper is lightweight, the ceiling fan gives it a flapping motion while it turns. My baby finds it soothing. Few times she suck her hands and watches and fell asleep.

@tuna, a suggestion you can try. Cheap and maybe will work for you.
Yeah! Bubbles also loves to stare at it and sometimes falls asleep on her own..tho lately it seems it is keeping her awake instead haha

Mummies who pump, is your milk less creamy compared to the 1st month? Mind seems to be quite watery , not so creamy as compared to the first month...

There's growth spurt, is there a growth decline period? I find that at times, she's also not too interested to latch, she sucks for fun from the corner of mouth and grins. N halfway through letdown she'll let go n get milk spraying all over. Used to be able to get her to slp when I latch her, nowadays my trump card doesn't work anymore. Must rock n sing. My arms are protesting, n the weather is simply too warm for bb wearing at home.

@gan - you're back to work so early? You're keeping about a month of maternity leave is it?

A few weeks back, there was hardly any weight gain for my case. Maybe just 100-200g over 2-3 weeks. So I believe that there is a growth regression period somehow.

I forgot where I read that we should not let the little ones latch until fall asleep. Should do things like take warm bath, read books etc to coax the little one to sleep. But how can lah! Now the little one so small. My little one wants nothing but fresh milk milk!

Mummies who pump, is your milk less creamy compared to the 1st month? Mind seems to be quite watery , not so creamy as compared to the first month...

Mine still consistent in 'colour and texture'. Watery seems to suggest more fore milk instead of hind milk. Could it be that there are blocked ducts inhibiting the hindmikk from squirting out?

I will usually run my fingers to check for lumpy areas. At times, pump doesn't seem to extract any more milk. But after I applied pressure on those lumps, more milk will spray out. It feels like I have 打通任督二脉. Very shiok

Mine. Have problem drinking milk. Only want breastmilk not formula. I dont have enough to cover her every meal. Headache. Only 2 month plus

@redvel - I shall do some art tomorrow then! Thanks!

@snowfern - what did the doc say about your csect wound?

@KWL - your mum managed to feed the whole bottle in the end? Nowadays, I don't even bother to pump, just hand express a bit, like 10-20 ml for the feed. 意思意思。
LO screams and arches whole body the entire time. Most of the time end up dumping contents in bottle after 4 hours of on and off trying. Even tried to feed with spoon, also fail. Sianz. Want to go cut and colour hair also cannot.

A few weeks back, there was hardly any weight gain for my case. Maybe just 100-200g over 2-3 weeks. So I believe that there is a growth regression period somehow.

I forgot where I read that we should not let the little ones latch until fall asleep. Should do things like take warm bath, read books etc to coax the little one to sleep. But how can lah! Now the little one so small. My little one wants nothing but fresh milk milk!
Yea, nursing to slp ain't a good habit, but it makes life so much easier. My thinking is if have, just whip it out and put nip to good use, don't waste, lol.
Oh, how has your slp trg LO in cot been after the first victorious night?

So far one feed of the Pigeon is a winner. Or maybe she is finally very hungry after the strike. Will see how it is like in next one.

One thing I like is Pigeon teat doesn't get sucked in like avent (when bb doesn't pause to let out air). Sometimes for avent, one feed can happen 3x where the teat comes out from her mouth and I have to fast hand pull out the tip with my fingers and stuff it back into her mouth quickly. Don't want her to break the drinking momentum. Find it quite a anti climax for her. Imagine you're in the midst of a yummy hot meal then halfway taken away from you.

Does this happen to anyone here or its just only me?

@tuna she said wound is healing internally, thus the pain, external wound tightness and hypersensitivity may be keloids developing but it doesn't look like I'll need treatment for that yet. She didn't think anything was serious about post coital bleed...that it might be leftover lochia...

I read that bm can seem more watery during hotter months, or if an issue of oversupply.....and also depends on mummy diet....mine is more watery foremilk if I get engorged.

@redvel - I shall do some art tomorrow then! Thanks!

@snowfern - what did the doc say about your csect wound?

@KWL - your mum managed to feed the whole bottle in the end? Nowadays, I don't even bother to pump, just hand express a bit, like 10-20 ml for the feed. 意思意思。
LO screams and arches whole body the entire time. Most of the time end up dumping contents in bottle after 4 hours of on and off trying. Even tried to feed with spoon, also fail. Sianz. Want to go cut and colour hair also cannot.

@tuna my mum just couldn't handle the situation. I fed instead though I read somewhere that it is best not for the mum to bottle feed. So whenever I am feeding, I will hold the baby a slight distance away from my breasts. And the angle that I am holding the bottle for feeding is often very weird. It is dependent on the little one's preference and how the baby will like milk 'served'. If u can imagine, I will somehow place baby in an upright position with butt in between the gap of my legs - which means the pivots are at spinal area and mid thigh. Then I will just move my right leg inward and outward to create a rocking sensation for baby. I find it easier to bottlefeed when I do so instead of letting the little one drink in a semi-lying position

If I don't pump, my breasts will have engorged feeling. Night time sometimes too tired and lazy, I skip and somehow my supply dips a little though it is still enough to feed. Again, more kiasu to express and store first just in case I decided to stop pumping at work.

Yup 6.6kg .. Not sure about his length, last measure is 56cm. Hmm maybe I can try size 70cm ..

I think is a good idea. 60 is just nice for my little one now, who was about the same as your last measured height two weeks back. So 70cm might be a little loose for the torso but it should last longer.

Yea, nursing to slp ain't a good habit, but it makes life so much easier. My thinking is if have, just whip it out and put nip to good use, don't waste, lol.
Oh, how has your slp trg LO in cot been after the first victorious night?

@tuna Hahaha you still remember. It has been quite smooth and better than expected.

First night
8.40pm swaddle to sleep, 2.10am cried for milk, 6am cried for milk, 7.20wake

Second night
8.45pm sleep, 3.30am cried for milk, 6.30am

Third night
8.45pm sleep, 2.00am, 6am, 7.40am

Fourth night [Bad Night]
8.30pm sleep, 12.30am, 3.30am, 5am, 6am (no swaddle), 6.30am

Fifth night [Bad Day with little naps during the day]
9pm, 1.30am, 4.45am, 6am, 7.10am

Sixth night (Live!)
9.30pm, 3am, to be continued

Right now I am sleeping on mattress in the little one's room. We survive on ceiling fan and no aircon. Also never open windows because scared mosquito and sometimes neighbours can be very noisy. It does block out sudden noise that can startle the little one. So every night is a sweat out session for us. When things more or less stabilize, I will move back to the master bedroom.

Mine. Have problem drinking milk. Only want breastmilk not formula. I dont have enough to cover her every meal. Headache. Only 2 month plus

Jia you! I've been through that phase. Just continue latching and do night pumping after feeds. Try feeding on demand instead of feeding on schedule (if you are not doing so). Emptying will signal to your body to produce more.

Think my case not due to flow. Upgraded teat already.
Is the newer natural Avent the one with an additional blue n white ring that goes into the teat holder?

The blue & white ring is the older version. New version bottles are slightly taller that's why without the ring to prevent leakage :)

If I'm not wrong week 12 there's a growth spurt. Left my boy at MIL place this afternoon and he gave her a hard time.

Cried till like no tomorrow. Must carry him to sleep the moment she put him down he will cry with his fist clenched and shaking. MIL thought is due to stomachache. When I went back home after running errands, her face damn shag. I feel so bad cause I left her alone with bb.

Hopefully the growth spurt will be over soon!

Wahhhh Jiayou @KWL, when it's my turn I will have standing fan, and a sun-facing, no air-con room, bubbles very easily heats up, since birth she us worn long pants maybe 3 times max lol, dunno how man! Will need pointers from you!

I have been using NUK silicon since birth for no1 and now no2. Not so much rejection but I noticed milk intake has reduced.

He could take up to 100ml per feed, but past 2 days HB can only feed 50ml even after trying and waiting etc... Hope it's just a phase of reduced intake. Managed to pump more as he doesn't seem to clear during latching as well...

Going back to work in 3 weeks (part time), hope he will sleep thru the night soon, so tried to tank up but not much improvement yet...

Wahhhh Jiayou @KWL, when it's my turn I will have standing fan, and a sun-facing, no air-con room, bubbles very easily heats up, since birth she us worn long pants maybe 3 times max lol, dunno how man! Will need pointers from you!

Same same here. The little one is so scared of hot weather. I always have the temptation to switch on the aircon whenever I wake up in sweat. Not sure if it is just my case, I noticed that there are more respiratory issues when I switch on Aircon. Ambient temperature makes us warm and sticky (even with a fan blowing at us directly), but at least I don't hear any stuffy nose and there is less congestion. For our good, we shall endure. When I was young, also not a lot of places with aircon what! Even SBS buses also got no aircon decades ago! (Chum - reveal own age!)

Lol age is just a number. Happy mummy most important :)

I'm liking the pigeon so far. Baby just drank 110ml smoothly without me fidgeting with retracted teat. By end of day if it's all still good I'm gonna buy 5 more! Need to put 2 at IFC and 2 at PIL house. Will Carousell away the avent I guess.

Tmr will be a test day for mil too. Will leave bb with her from 10am to 7pm. Longest so far. Hope she'll be a cooperative fellow.

When we mean growth spurt, does it mean they will drink more ONLY? Or it means they will also choot special patterns?

Same same here. The little one is so scared of hot weather. I always have the temptation to switch on the aircon whenever I wake up in sweat. Not sure if it is just my case, I noticed that there are more respiratory issues when I switch on Aircon. Ambient temperature makes us warm and sticky (even with a fan blowing at us directly), but at least I don't hear any stuffy nose and there is less congestion. For our good, we shall endure. When I was young, also not a lot of places with aircon what! Even SBS buses also got no aircon decades ago! (Chum - reveal own age!)
Please lor, when I was in sec sch the bus I took still have the conductor punching ticket stubs......

Lol age is just a number. Happy mummy most important :)

I'm liking the pigeon so far. Baby just drank 110ml smoothly without me fidgeting with retracted teat. By end of day if it's all still good I'm gonna buy 5 more! Need to put 2 at IFC and 2 at PIL house. Will Carousell away the avent I guess.

Tmr will be a test day for mil too. Will leave bb with her from 10am to 7pm. Longest so far. Hope she'll be a cooperative fellow.

When we mean growth spurt, does it mean they will drink more ONLY? Or it means they will also choot special patterns?
For bubbles, it entailed drinking almost every 1-1.5 hrs, fussing, and refusal to sleep anywhere but on me. Wound up had to babywear her.

But there were also developmental leaps, like smiling, more eye contact...

I like the Pigeon bottles too. 2 days ago, I went to takashimaya baby fair to buy more. Bought their twin pack -- 2 x 160ml bottles at $19+. FYI, Taka baby fair is on till 2 oct :)

Ever since I'm on maternity leave, I have not been out alone. It was such a relaxing moment to just take my time to walk around the shopping mall w/o having to watch over an energetic toddler and the baby. When I left my baby with my mom for that few hours that day, she can't seems to handle and keeps calling me to ask whether I'm on my way back :( I wonder how she can cope when I went back to work.

I will be returning to work in nov and I actually find myself looking fwd to that day maybe becos I missed talking to my colleagues and dressing properly (but hate the work itself). Now I always felt untidy cos everyday wearing those 家里的衣服 and keeps having milk smell on me. I really quite impressed with those who can be quit work and become a SAHM. Thumbs up to them;)

Hi dear mummies!

We are from Little Angel's Closet!

Feel free to take a look at the unique designs of baby rompers and other essential items we have. Items were from Japanese Company and we are currently having sale for Diaper Covers. Feel free to browse when free. Have a pleasant day ahead!

http://www.littleangelscloset.com/

diaper cover promotion.002.jpeg

Oh got baby fair? I'm giving myself a break tmr actually therefore leaving bb with mil. I'm going taka too so will check it out. Thanks.

Tmr I'm gonna shop for work clothes and go dentist. Not that I can't wear my old ones but I feel I wanna revamp my wardrobe after being a mother heh.

Indeed I miss doing makeup and wear my go-out clothes and bags and shoes. But on the other hand, actually I prefer to be a SAHM because I know I will miss my bb like crazy. Thinking about missing her little daily milestone just makes my heart sinks a bit.

But ya, everyday now I look so unattractive at home. Therefore now even go for a quick breakfast on weekend with hubby I also do makeup and dress more proper lol.

@starview & @redvel I'm going back work next Monday, so went out with my mum and sister for a mani & pedi session. Sis told me to groom a bit before going back work because now I look too auntie o_O too bad they also saw me in those comfy house clothes.

I'm actually a bit nervous going back work now. Need to build up the momentum again. But the good part is I get to dress up a bit and make up!~ haha~ just need to make sure my eye bags are gone!

Going to spend the next few days with bb as much as possible! :p

Just found out, uniqlo having sale on the bra tops! Dunno when the sale is over, but damn tempted to do some online shopping....

The blue & white ring is the older version. New version bottles are slightly taller that's why without the ring to prevent leakage :)
Avent got 3type of bottle. White plastic look is classic. Yellow colour one is call gold. Plastic white with teat like beast is call natural. I prefer the gold series. Made in England. Heehee

I have bought the mesh bodysuit and received it by evening, love the material .. So soft and good for hot weather! Size 70cm just nice for my baby, the top part fit him nicely and bottom slightly longer :)
I prefer longer one. Cos baby wearing diaper n over time when diaper is heavy is just nice the length

I have bought the mesh bodysuit and received it by evening, love the material .. So soft and good for hot weather! Size 70cm just nice for my baby, the top part fit him nicely and bottom slightly longer :)
Easy to wash and dry too! Especially if you are doing manual washing. Love them so much! I've been using them after confinement.

@tuna my mum just couldn't handle the situation. I fed instead though I read somewhere that it is best not for the mum to bottle feed. So whenever I am feeding, I will hold the baby a slight distance away from my breasts. And the angle that I am holding the bottle for feeding is often very weird. It is dependent on the little one's preference and how the baby will like milk 'served'. If u can imagine, I will somehow place baby in an upright position with butt in between the gap of my legs - which means the pivots are at spinal area and mid thigh. Then I will just move my right leg inward and outward to create a rocking sensation for baby. I find it easier to bottlefeed when I do so instead of letting the little one drink in a semi-lying position

If I don't pump, my breasts will have engorged feeling. Night time sometimes too tired and lazy, I skip and somehow my supply dips a little though it is still enough to feed. Again, more kiasu to express and store first just in case I decided to stop pumping at work.
I read about that too, so haven't tried feeding myself. But today mum n hub failed at bottle feeding again, I think I'll try your method tmr. Been quite disheartened about her bottle rejection, so stopped pumping as I hv no idea what to do with the fbm in freezer.

I really pei fu your sweating it out with LO in room with no air con. The weather has been really horribly warm the past 2 wks.

Lol! To me that's the newer version, didn't know there's another even newer version. Avent didn't have the blue and white ring during my older kids' time.

Avent got 3type of bottle. White plastic look is classic. Yellow colour one is call gold. Plastic white with teat like beast is call natural. I prefer the gold series. Made in England. Heehee
Oh really ? I saw natural made in England too.

Back