IVF/ICSI Support Group

welcome and all the best!
Yes, the queue for fresh cycle is up to Jan / Feb 2017 already.

Looks like i still can hope for a dog baby :) haha!

So anyone who is a pte patient under KKH and went through IVF first time? I want to understand the grants and the things i have to pay for. E.g. counselling? Consultation?

Looks like i still can hope for a dog baby :) haha!

So anyone who is a pte patient under KKH and went through IVF first time? I want to understand the grants and the things i have to pay for. E.g. counselling? Consultation?

You can get the grants information in this website - http://www.heybaby.sg/havingchildren/acp.html

I myself is a private patient under KKH, DR Tan HH and done my 1st fresh cycle in Aug

If rem correctly, cash has to pay for 1st time Doc consultation fees, counselling which is around $250+- and the blood tests for IVF for you and your hubby

Once you start your IVF, all the jabs costs, medicine, ET and ER procedures costs will be covered by medisave and grants

You can get the grants information in this website - http://www.heybaby.sg/havingchildren/acp.html

I myself is a private patient under KKH, DR Tan HH and done my 1st fresh cycle in Aug

If rem correctly, cash has to pay for 1st time Doc consultation fees, counselling which is around $250+- and the blood tests for IVF for you and your hubby

Once you start your IVF, all the jabs costs, medicine, ET and ER procedures costs will be covered by medisave and grants

Ahhh! Thanks! I went for 2 consultation and did a full blood count test. Guess is the counselling and the blood test before IVF. What happens during the counselling? Why still need to pay =X

Tww coming to an end soon. Bt on Friday. But feeling defeated already. Leaving it all to fate for this 2nd fresh cycle of mine..On the verge of fully giving up.. Thruout Tww only experience on off mild cramps..No spotting..Have already past Af date mayb due to progestrone inserts.. Finaly have courage to Poas today And of coz Bfn...Sigh..#feelingdefeated...#feelingdevastated..Next plan rest well and enjoy life travelling...If it comes it comes naturaly hopefuly....To all sisters take care...

Tww coming to an end soon. Bt on Friday. But feeling defeated already. Leaving it all to fate for this 2nd fresh cycle of mine..On the verge of fully giving up.. Thruout Tww only experience on off mild cramps..No spotting..Have already past Af date mayb due to progestrone inserts.. Finaly have courage to Poas today And of coz Bfn...Sigh..#feelingdefeated...#feelingdevastated..Next plan rest well and enjoy life travelling...If it comes it comes naturaly hopefuly....To all sisters take care...
Do u have any frozen embryos? Maybe FET will work for u

Ahhh! Thanks! I went for 2 consultation and did a full blood count test. Guess is the counselling and the blood test before IVF. What happens during the counselling? Why still need to pay =X

Counselling is compulsory in KK and ya, need to pay..haha.... Basically, they go through the procedures and explain to you via powerpoint slides and you will also have to sign some documents on the spot with hubby.

Haizz today bad day for me too. My frozen cycle cancelled due to LH surge and they said I maybe already ovulated. Need to wait for another month.

Counselling is compulsory in KK and ya, need to pay..haha.... Basically, they go through the procedures and explain to you via powerpoint slides and you will also have to sign some documents on the spot with hubby.

yea thats what i heard that it is compulsory. So i am thinking whats the special thing they do to charge us $250 =X

I do have but left 1.dats the reason why dr keep sugesting fresh cycle..And i have low reserve too.No mater hw high the dosage of medication my Er only abt 4-6..And fertilised only 3..
Actually I also same like u.. both cycles only left 3 embryos after fertilisation. Now going for my 3rd fresh.. left 1 frozen embryo
both your cycle u transferred how many days old embryos?

I do have but left 1.dats the reason why dr keep sugesting fresh cycle..And i have low reserve too.No mater hw high the dosage of medication my Er only abt 4-6..And fertilised only 3..

I know you don't feel really good...but told yourself, you have done your best already. Don't reprimand yourself or have any negative feelings as life still has to go on

For me, I dying to have kid in the past but when I failed my 1st IVF, I think a lot. Does having a kid is a must in my life? During my IVF process, my hubby do all the jabs for me and accompany me and held me tight when I cry out, I realized that he will be the one who will walk with me for the rest of my life, not my child. But still, I did not give up as we both know kids make a complete family and I also know he love kids as much as me. So I willing to try again with FET in Oct and 2nd fresh in Feb 2017 with his support

Whether success or failed, we told ourselves that no regrets as we did try..So jiayou and enjoy life in the meantime. U can do it!!!

Actually I also same like u.. both cycles only left 3 embryos after fertilisation. Now going for my 3rd fresh.. left 1 frozen embryo
both your cycle u transferred how many days old embryos?
Mine both cycle transferred 2day old embryo..I might be goin for 3rd fresh prolly next yr.For nw wait for Bt and enjoy thereafter to max!!

I know you don't feel really good...but told yourself, you have done your best already. Don't reprimand yourself or have any negative feelings as life still has to go on

For me, I dying to have kid in the past but when I failed my 1st IVF, I think a lot. Does having a kid is a must in my life? During my IVF process, my hubby do all the jabs for me and accompany me and held me tight when I cry out, I realized that he will be the one who will walk with me for the rest of my life, not my child. But still, I did not give up as we both know kids make a complete family and I also know he love kids as much as me. So I willing to try again with FET in Oct and 2nd fresh in Feb 2017 with his support

Whether success or failed, we told ourselves that no regrets as we did try..So jiayou and enjoy life in the meantime. U can do it!!!
So true to evrytin u said.The huby has been the bigest pilar thruout this ordeal.But of coz having kids complete it all.Nvrtheless...May it someday we able to hold our own miracle baby..And yes for now njoy moments!! I might come bck stronger again again next yr who knws...Take care and gdluck to ur upcoming Fet..May it be the one this time...

Oh how come medicated will have ovulation? I only did once medicated FET so also not so sure about the whole thing
Doc said there is possibility that small percentage people still ovulate even with pills. They didn't expect me to ovulate so early. Haiz anyway I need to wait another month le. Feel like lot of obstacles even in frozen cycle. I thought FET will be just a breeze compared to fresh.

Agree with u bbdust81. After my 3 failed cycles, i also ask myself if really having a kid is a must. Can sense how sad my hubby was for this time round, both of us held lotsa hope given I'd transferred 2 blasts.

I still hold hopes that I can have my own kids.. one day though I don't know when. I'm trying my hard to focus on other things..

Btw, how do you gals stay relax during 2ww?
My thoughts run wild everytime..

Agree with u bbdust81. After my 3 failed cycles, i also ask myself if really having a kid is a must. Can sense how sad my hubby was for this time round, both of us held lotsa hope given I'd transferred 2 blasts.

I still hold hopes that I can have my own kids.. one day though I don't know when. I'm trying my hard to focus on other things..

Sure we will... :)

I watch TV, do cooking and simple houseworks during 2ww..but overall is still tooo boring to me. I still bring my office laptop home n work at times to pass time...

I was quite relax from the time I start jabbing and nervous start kicking in when I see brownish red discharge 5 days before the BT

Most time still relex frm stim inject to Et..Bcoz 2nd time..so kinda expect wats next..During 2ww Endless netflix dramas after dramas...Go out have fun with cousins for some picnic some ktv mmts...Simple cooking....Yet still to see Bfn on kit today 2 days before BT is so disheartening... Waiting for the finale closure on Friday to move on to next plan...

Hi all, I am new here. Am currently on my 2ww on 2nd fresh. Would like to know if any one poas 11dp2dt got bfn but beta was positive? Trying to cling onto hope and stay positive.
Know I shouldnt have poas but after the 1st time I get a shock when period came full force before BT, wanted to have some mental preparation. But now.....trying to stay positive.

Hi all, I am new here. Am currently on my 2ww on 2nd fresh. Would like to know if any one poas 11dp2dt got bfn but beta was positive? Trying to cling onto hope and stay positive.
Know I shouldnt have poas but after the 1st time I get a shock when period came full force before BT, wanted to have some mental preparation. But now.....trying to stay positive.
Same situation as me! 1st one spotin before Bt. This time Just poas Bfn and clingin onto hope..Only Bt will have the closure to it all....Gdluck to us...

Doc said there is possibility that small percentage people still ovulate even with pills. They didn't expect me to ovulate so early. Haiz anyway I need to wait another month le. Feel like lot of obstacles even in frozen cycle. I thought FET will be just a breeze compared to fresh.
Which Hospital are u with? I can't R.E.M. If mine checked my LH level before ET? Yours check on which CD?

Which Hospital are u with? I can't R.E.M. If mine checked my LH level before ET? Yours check on which CD?
I am with kkh. Mine checked blood test for LH on CD11. It has surge and today checked again then it lowered. So they took it as ovulation happened. They should ask me to go back earlier for scan and urine test but they nv ask.

Hi everyone,
I have recently undergone egg retrieval and managed to retrieve 16 eggs with 15 fertilised. Out of which, 8 made it to day 5 blasts with mostly good AA quality. We have chosen to freeze all of them and did not do any fresh transfers.

Before I embarked on STIM, my RE mentioned we will transfer two embryos if we have enough. The intention is to increase the chances of pregnancy in case one doesn't stick. Right now I'm seeking advise from those of you here, whether DH and I should consider transferring one or two embryos since the embryos quality is good? I'm weighing the pro and cons between risk of multiple pregnancy vs cost of retrying if we fail one embryo transfer. Any advise here will be greatly appreciated since this is my first time. Thank you.

Before I embarked on STIM, my RE mentioned we will transfer two embryos if we have enough. The intention is to increase the chances of pregnancy in case one doesn't stick. Right now I'm seeking advise from those of you here, whether DH and I should consider transferring one or two embryos since the embryos quality is good? I'm weighing the pro and cons between risk of multiple pregnancy vs cost of retrying if we fail one embryo transfer. Any advise here will be greatly appreciated since this is my first time. Thank you.
Hi, Rainbow... i also have the same concern. I wanna put 2 but worry about the complication of multiple pregnancy... 1 worry about the lesser chance of success rate.
My hubby only want me to put 1.
Btw, how old are you? And 16 eggs is a good no., i read from some website which said an average of 15 eggs retrieved is considered a good no. Since too many eggs or too little eggs retrieved is no good.

Hi, Rainbow... i also have the same concern. I wanna put 2 but worry about the complication of multiple pregnancy... 1 worry about the lesser chance of success rate.
My hubby only want me to put 1.
Btw, how old are you? And 16 eggs is a good no., i read from some website which said an average of 15 eggs retrieved is considered a good no. Since too many eggs or too little eggs retrieved is no good.

Hi havinghope,
I'm turning 32. Such a dilemma.
I had my fair share of egg and ovulation issues. So to be able to retrieve 16 with good maturation rates was a big surprise for us. Initially we had no qualms about transferring 2 assuming the egg quality will not be good. However, it turned out otherwise. Don't get me wrong, we are extremely elated to find out about the embryo quality but the question remains: how many should we transfer? :(

Hi havinghope,
I'm turning 32. Such a dilemma.
I had my fair share of egg and ovulation issues. So to be able to retrieve 16 with good maturation rates was a big surprise for us. Initially we had no qualms about transferring 2 assuming the egg quality will not be good. However, it turned out otherwise. Don't get me wrong, we are extremely elated to find out about the embryo quality but the question remains: how many should we transfer? :(
Rainbow... i know what u mean. Its really a dilemma! By weighing the pros and cons, i think transferring 2 would bring more issue comparing to 1.

1. Pregnancy Complication
2. Financially more straining
3. Double tiredness

Have u consult your doctor? Whats the advice? I think i will check with my dr for her advice.

Btw, are we able to trf 2 embroyo as we are below 36?

Rainbow... i know what u mean. Its really a dilemma! By weighing the pros and cons, i think transferring 2 would bring more issue comparing to 1.

3. Double tiredness

Have u consult your doctor? Whats the advice? I think i will check with my dr for her advice.

Haha that is provided both embryos successfully implanted! Otherwise if we transfer 1 and it didn't stick, we will have financial and emotional pains as well.

I haven't seen my gynae for review yet. Still waiting to start FET. I'm not with KKH so not sure about gov hospital, but when I went for the counselling, the max I can transfer is 2 or 3 embryos I think.

I am with kkh. Mine checked blood test for LH on CD11. It has surge and today checked again then it lowered. So they took it as ovulation happened. They should ask me to go back earlier for scan and urine test but they nv ask.
What's kkh medicated FET like? I vaguely rem for nuh, we will be put on contraceptive pills, then a jab on CD 14, after that pills for lining.. I asked doc before does it matter when we ovulate, he say doesn't matter, what only matters is the lining thickness

3. Double tiredness

Yes can transfer max 2 if below a certain age. Above don't know how old can transfer 3, maybe above 35 or 36

What's kkh medicated FET like? I vaguely rem for nuh, we will be put on contraceptive pills, then a jab on CD 14, after that pills for lining.. I asked doc before does it matter when we ovulate, he say doesn't matter, what only matters is the lining thickness
Hi dream, for medicated FET, they give u oestrogen pills (estrogen) from D4 of ur menses to prepare lining & to stop ovulation. Then they will scan, test urine, test blood to check ur ovulation. Then they will follow ur ovulation date to transfer embryo according to their stage. In between whether got any injection or not I am not sure cos mine cancelled before that. Doc mentioned both lining and ovulation are need to be in sync with embryo transfer.

Wanbaby, please jiayou and don't give up.
I totally understand how u feel and I'm sure the many ladies here felt the same way too.
Now and then, I would also feel very sad for the failed cycles and for not having babies yet. Just like today- tried to bd naturally after failed cycle but temp dropped signify another failed month!
Just as a friend told me, there are pros and cons for everything, while we envy them, they could likely envy us for being carefree now.
Please cheer up and have faith. Big hugs to u! And also to myself.. haha..
Be positive, we need that very much to believe that one day, we can have a baby in our arms.

Thanks for the positive words Kissryl.

Hi Wanbaby...
I know its hard... keep a positive mind. I know u r screaming inside and are very upset! No words can describe what u r feeling now... cool down, relax and prepare yourself for the next cycle... your miracle baby is on the way!!!

Thanks dear. Hoping very much for micracle baby. Sometimes i wana be pregnant but when it comes to BD with husband, i just dont feel like it but seems more like i have to do rather than i want to do.

Hi dream, for medicated FET, they give u oestrogen pills (estrogen) from D4 of ur menses to prepare lining & to stop ovulation. Then they will scan, test urine, test blood to check ur ovulation. Then they will follow ur ovulation date to transfer embryo according to their stage. In between whether got any injection or not I am not sure cos mine cancelled before that. Doc mentioned both lining and ovulation are need to be in sync with embryo transfer.
Sounds like nuh and kkh abit different..

@Wanbaby, I feel you too. I just failed my 3rd fresh. I transferred 2 embies, 1 grade 4 day 3 8 cells and 1 grade 3 day 3 7 cells. (KKH's grading 5 for being the best)
Tested postive 4 days before BT & the lines are getting stronger each day. However the night before BT I got a terrible cramps & starts bleeding. On the day of my BT I start passing some clumpy tissues out and instantly I knew it was a gone case for the cycle. True enough my BT came back negative. Arghh it's like so near yet so far. Feeling very sad & so dejected as it is our last chance for our fresh cycle.

Though deep down feeling very sad, surprisingly I did not shed a single tears. Not sure if it's because my tears are dried up or my heart is feeling numb for the number of failures. Really 佩服 to the wonderful strong ladies here for trying for so many rounds. Financially drained, I doubt we will go for another fresh cycle.

It's good that you are still trying naturally and there is a possibility if you getting pregnant.
For my case, I have only one working ovary with 2 swollen tubes cum male issues. So getting preg naturally is definitely very very slim for me. Also, the whole process has strained my hub's confidence in trying naturally. I doubt he will overcome his psychological barrier any sooner. So trying naturally is totally out for me.

I do have 1 golden embie to be freezed.
But it's a grade 4 day 3 4 cells embryo. By right for a day 3 embie, it should be dividing into 8 cells ideally. The embie may not survive the thawing process if we wanna use it in future. It may have chromosome or abnormal issues as it's growing so slowly and might not be implanted even if it survived the thaw.

But being an optimist, I am thinking of transfering this one and only embie next year while I continue to "tiao" my body.
I can't sentence my one and only embie to death for growing at such a slow stated right? Must give it a chance I feel. Who knows this little slow grower will survive the thaw & sticks & grows healthy when transfer back into my womb. I must have confidence in it. Well, no matter what's the outcome, be it a success or failure, at least we did try our best already.

So don't give up ya and be positive. We need to be patience for our success.
I'm sure god will save the best for you & you will have your bundle of joy in your arms soon! Jia you!

Sorry for the super long post ya!

Thanks dear for your super strong encouragement. Praying the best for all the ladies out here waiting for their turn to be mommy. Well i've got one working tube and one blocked tube with male sperm issues too. So trying natural is my slim option too. With both of us being obese, it makes it even more harder for BD and fertility. Ppple have told us to lose weight but believe me its not an easy journey for both of us coming from a family that really enjoys a good meal. We tried eating healthy only to fail and ending up eating double our quota.

Can i check, doing BD naturally, does it become a hassle at times for you? How do you and your hubby keep your intimacy intact? Or rather this is a question for all ladies out here.

Haha that is provided both embryos successfully implanted! Otherwise if we transfer 1 and it didn't stick, we will have financial and emotional pains as well.

I haven't seen my gynae for review yet. Still waiting to start FET. I'm not with KKH so not sure about gov hospital, but when I went for the counselling, the max I can transfer is 2 or 3 embryos I think.
True enough... no matter 1 or 2 embryos implanted or not, its gonna be financially straining. Have to go through the process again if the 1 dont stick! Its going to be physically and emotionally pain.
If both your hubby and yourself are financially stable, and your dr has given u the green light for 2. I actually feel that u should proceed with 2, considering that the medical technology is so advanced now. Thats my 2 cents thoughts.
How i wish ny hubby is ok to proceed with 2.

True enough... no matter 1 or 2 embryos implanted or not, its gonna be financially straining. Have to go through the process again if the 1 dont stick! Its going to be physically and emotionally pain.
If both your hubby and yourself are financially stable, and your dr has given u the green light for 2. I actually feel that u should proceed with 2, considering that the medical technology is so advanced now. Thats my 2 cents thoughts.

It is indeed very financially straining to have twins.. The support jabs and Gynae visits also not cheap. And if both parties income not fixed, the issues can also cause family problems. I am currently experiencing a very trying period and trying to stay positive. Post natal depression is also very real. I know I am very fortunate to strike twins during my first attempt. Also having twins pregnancies is risky. I had gestational diabetes and also high blood pressure from it. It really takes a lot of strength and power to overcome challenges and adversities. Also must be in very good health to take care of them cos it's very physical demanding to manage. Yes I have times 2 happiness. 过一天算一天。 So ya this is my story.

Thanks dear for your super strong encouragement. Praying the best for all the ladies out here waiting for their turn to be mommy. Well i've got one working tube and one blocked tube with male sperm issues too. So trying natural is my slim option too. With both of us being obese, it makes it even more harder for BD and fertility. Ppple have told us to lose weight but believe me its not an easy journey for both of us coming from a family that really enjoys a good meal. We tried eating healthy only to fail and ending up eating double our quota.

Can i check, doing BD naturally, does it become a hassle at times for you? How do you and your hubby keep your intimacy intact? Or rather this is a question for all ladies out here.

@Wanbaby I totally can understand the food part. So hard to resist good food.
I guess as long as you eat moderately and take note of the calories & cholesterol in take, you still can enjoy the food you like. Maybe you can try doing some light excecise? Or taking a stroll with hubby after food.

For the BD part, to be honest, it's not as enjoyable as it used to be. Slowly it becomes a mission rather than passion. Quite stressful as need to keep track of basal temperature, ovulation, or our timing just don't meet.
My hub job requires him to travel a lot, like for weeks or months & worst majority of my ovulation period he is on biz trip. By the time he's back, my menses starting soon. If not, when he don't need to fly, I will be doing ot when there is a deadline to rush.

In fact, we find ivf is less stressful than trying naturally, except for the financial & emotion part. Physically I'm not afraid of needles & my hub is a medic when he's serving his army, so the injections part is such a breeze for us.

Since we had used up our 3 fresh quota already, I doubt we have financial ability to go for another fresh. Next will be going for FET for our 1 & only slow & not so healthy embie. Pray hard it will survive the thaw & sticks miraclely.
If not, guess that will be end of our ivf journey.

Upon seeing my 2 times of failure, my gynae's nurse told me that he has higher success rate for frozen cycle. She told me this secretly though. So i decided to do FET this time. Also wanted to take some time to tiao more, TCM, acupuncture, and also lose some weight :p

Hihi Fitness9702, I have been a silent reader for some time. I noticed that you are also from TMC under Dr Loh and that you were recently successful. Congrats! You also mentioned that you were prescribed Gynera to regulate your period and I also was give this recently before embarking on my fresh cycle. However, I read that bc pills may compromise the quality of the eggs and the numbers as well. Were you on the short protocol? Was wondering if you experienced this and how long were you on gynera?

Thanks for taking the time to read!

@Wanbaby I totally can understand the food part. So hard to resist good food.
I guess as long as you eat moderately and take note of the calories & cholesterol in take, you still can enjoy the food you like. Maybe you can try doing some light excecise? Or taking a stroll with hubby after food.

For the BD part, to be honest, it's not as enjoyable as it used to be. Slowly it becomes a mission rather than passion. Quite stressful as need to keep track of basal temperature, ovulation, or our timing just don't meet.
My hub job requires him to travel a lot, like for weeks or months & worst majority of my ovulation period he is on biz trip. By the time he's back, my menses starting soon. If not, when he don't need to fly, I will be doing ot when there is a deadline to rush.

In fact, we find ivf is less stressful than trying naturally, except for the financial & emotion part. Physically I'm not afraid of needles & my hub is a medic when he's serving his army, so the injections part is such a breeze for us.

Since we had used up our 3 fresh quota already, I doubt we have financial ability to go for another fresh. Next will be going for FET for our 1 & only slow & not so healthy embie. Pray hard it will survive the thaw & sticks miraclely.
If not, guess that will be end of our ivf journey.
Sometimes I really cannot understand why limit our usage on Medisave.. it's ok if they don't give Govt grant after 3 tries.. but why we can't use our own money in Medisave

Just sharing my thoughts from my experience during 1st fresh, I had 6 blasts and decided to put 1 in instead of 2 becos I was worried about mutiples. Conplications, development of the fetuses and subsequent caregiving kinda turned me off a bit. Dr also strongly recommended 1. I BFP-ed but short term joy. Saw a heartbeat during 6th wk but it stopped during 7th week. Doc says no need to test but likely due to chromosomes issue.

So now I made up my mind to put 2 during FET, both due to $ and due to chances of chromosomes issue and blast not implanted. After the miscarriage, I'm more emotionally ready to take on possibility of twins. More importantly, I need to strike.

Putting 1 or 2 both have their pros and cons, I feel you have to be in the right mental state else very stressed. I was really glad I was pregnant with singleton cause all the worries about caregiving and $ were becoming reality back then.

Just go with ur heart and then there will be no regrets.

Totally agree. Perhaps I'm still upbeat cos it's only my first ivf fresh. But even with my recent miscarriage, a lot of people were surprised my mood recovered quickly. Of cos I'm saddened by the loss but I'm also determined to not make this baby-making thing the main focus in my life. Happy to see like-minded sisters in this thread! :)

those with sf loh at novena centre,just curious. does he do egg retrieval in the morning?i pass by there today for a bloodtest at that same floor. i saw e andrology lab still close and the clinic just open. normally for other centres,they are very busy at 8plus am. or dh loh is not at clinic in e morning?

Totally agree. Perhaps I'm still upbeat cos it's only my first ivf fresh. But even with my recent miscarriage, a lot of people were surprised my mood recovered quickly. Of cos I'm saddened by the loss but I'm also determined to not make this baby-making thing the main focus in my life. Happy to see like-minded sisters in this thread! :)
Hi, I remember we were preg almost at the same time previously. But unfortunately mine ended early.. which stage are u at now?

Sometimes I really cannot understand why limit our usage on Medisave.. it's ok if they don't give Govt grant after 3 tries.. but why we can't use our own money in Medisave

Precisely! Money in our medisave is our hard earn money too! I do hope they can review on this (not to cap at 15k) and increase the number of tries in this ivf thing (like 5-6 tries), especially there are more ppl going through this route.

Back