IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Lapin. I take this and Dr recommended too

Attachments

• 1474121802486.jpg
    1474121802486.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 311

Lapin

My husband have the same problem, his sperm quality dropped drastically in 2 years and my gynae conducted blood test on his hormones and ultrasound scans on his testicles to check for abnormalities. You can ask your gynae to do the same? It could be due to a more serious underlying issue. Sperm quality is unlikely to improve very very much just by supplements.

Anyway, my husband passed all tests except results showed that he has slightly lower testerone level. But it didn't explained why his sperm quality dropped so drastically. We can only attribute it to the frequent CT scans that he did for his kidney stone. His urologist told us that 1 CT scan = 500 X-ray radiation.

We will have to wait until next year for his body to "recover" from the radiation and do a SA again.

Hi all, I'm getting more nervous...4 more days to my next ultrasound to check whether baby's growing, hopefully to see good news..been sleeping alot recently, slept at 12am and wake up 11am. Is this unhealthy? Still nausea and bloating, keep taking sour plum to ease my symptoms. As this is my first pregnancy, been crazy worrying dis and tat..not sure how many weeks I am, only can confirm during the next ultrasound. Hmm...

Hi all, I'm getting more nervous...4 more days to my next ultrasound to check whether baby's growing, hopefully to see good news..been sleeping alot recently, slept at 12am and wake up 11am. Is this unhealthy? Still nausea and bloating, keep taking sour plum to ease my symptoms. As this is my first pregnancy, been crazy worrying dis and tat..not sure how many weeks I am, only can confirm during the next ultrasound. Hmm...

You are a housewife? Think u still need to wakeup to eat and drink water. Must keep yourself hydrated.

Besides sour plum u need to eat other food also... Take small meals throughout the day.

Hi ladies,

I am into 11dpiui. Having spotting today and menses cramp too. But my AF supposingly is next Monday. My usual cycle is 32 days. Is it possible that AF will come early for those going thru SO IUI? Feeling sianz now....

Hi ladies,

I am into 11dpiui. Having spotting today and menses cramp too. But my AF supposingly is next Monday. My usual cycle is 32 days. Is it possible that AF will come early for those going thru SO IUI? Feeling sianz now....

Usually the support hormone medicine will delay menses.

Usually the support hormone medicine will delay menses.
Hi junie,
That what I thought so too. I am on the pills but today I have light bleedings... Telling myself it might be implantation bleeding but the cramp is the same as when I had my AF :( Pray that it will go away Tmr.

Hi ladies,

I am into 6dpiui. Start to worry as seeing my daily temperature dropping from 2dpiui 36.91,36.97,36.86,36.7,36.65. Is this normal? For those who did iui before, can you share °C trend.

Went to visit the doctor yesterday. They precribed me some clomid and come back for CD 12 scan in mid Oct. Doctor said the success rate for normal IUI is 7 to 10% only heard liao very sian. Doc suggested
i try 3 to 4 round and proceed to IVF. Doc didnt suggest SO-IUI not sure it NUH dont do that.

Read that Raffles Hospital claimed that their so-iui success rate is quite high not sure how true. Thking of proceeding to Raffles should my IUI fail.

Last edited:
Went to visit the doctor yesterday. They precribed me some clomid and come back for CD 12 scan in mid Oct. Doctor said the success rate for normal IUI is 7 to 10% only heard liao very sian. Doc suggested
i try 3 to 4 round and proceed to IVF. Doc didnt suggest SO-IUI not sure it NUH dont do that.

Read that Raffles Hospital claimed that their so-iui success rate is quite high not sure how true. Thking of proceeding to Raffles should my IUI fail.

Have you tried KKH? SO-IUI success rate for KKH is 5-20%. They will recommend so-iui before ivf.

hi everyone, I'm back in business again!

CD1 today and will be doing IUI this cycle.

This is likely my last IUI before i move on to IVF.

Hi all,

I was on clomid for the past 2 months as my gynae suspects that I do not ovulate properly. While I was on clomid, both me and hubby were stressed because we keep timing my ovulation and both of us wanted this to work so much. Due to all these stress, we could not perform well on the ovulation day itself.

I am considering IUI now coz I do not want to waste anymore time. Would like to know more about IUI. If i go to polyclinic to ask for referral letter, can I choose to go NUH instead? With referral letter, does it mean that I get subsidies ? (I am a PR) I read from the forum here that it will take 2-3 months from the time I call to make apt until the IUI procedure?

Actually I'm seeing a private gynae now. I'm thinking if i should do IUI with her or to go to public hosp. Is the cost difference a lot between private vs public?

Thank u so much in advance!

Hi all,

I was on clomid for the past 2 months as my gynae suspects that I do not ovulate properly. While I was on clomid, both me and hubby were stressed because we keep timing my ovulation and both of us wanted this to work so much. Due to all these stress, we could not perform well on the ovulation day itself.

I am considering IUI now coz I do not want to waste anymore time. Would like to know more about IUI. If i go to polyclinic to ask for referral letter, can I choose to go NUH instead? With referral letter, does it mean that I get subsidies ? (I am a PR) I read from the forum here that it will take 2-3 months from the time I call to make apt until the IUI procedure?

Actually I'm seeing a private gynae now. I'm thinking if i should do IUI with her or to go to public hosp. Is the cost difference a lot between private vs public?

Thank u so much in advance!

Hi Rafiki

I have checked with Thomson before, to do IUI will cost around 2-3K including the tests, scans and consultation. For my experience with NUH, it costs around 1-1.5K. Not sure about the other hospitals.

Hi Lapin, I am sorry to hear about the failed IUI. I understand how you feel, I've TTC for 5 years, all tests normal and failed 2 IUIs.

If you do not wish to go for IVF/ICSI right now, it might be good for him to take some time to build up his body. Take more vitamins, google for sperm boosting foods (there are lots out there and it might help to change his diet for the next few months). For instance, I've read that folic acid is not just good for women, but good for boosting male fertility. I have been feeding my husband folic acid in the past months. Not sure if that was the only thing that helped but his sperm count grew from 10million something to over 30million in the recent IUI. But we failed it anyway.. I guess the problem is me.

Anyway, if you and hubby are open to it, can consider TCM treatments. There are some really good ones out there. But the thing with TCM is that patience is needed... and also stretching on the finances. It takes a few months to see improvements. Currently, my husband and I are going through TCM with acupuncture before we embark on IUI or IVF again. Besides helping women who are TTC to have stronger womb and eggs, it also supposed to help the guy boost fertility (sperm count and morphology...) Don't give up hope. With a good diet and exercise, things will improve.

I have researched around and gathered some advice from those who have succeeded:

- wear socks to bed during 2ww, as it is believed that cold wind can enter through our soles and affect the womb
- drink warm stuff only, avoid all chilled, iced drinks and especially tea
- drink red bean soup during 2ww as it helps with thickening the uterine lining
- for hubby, let him take folic acid daily as well (within the healthy range, don't overdose)
- both hubby and wife to stop caffaine as much as possible
- my TCM physician advised us to eat more seafood rather than meat. Fish and shell foods especially are good for TTC

Lastly, is your hubby's work very stressed lately? That could be one reason why his sperm quality dropped. Try to go for walks during weekend to relax his mind, or engage in some hobbies he likes to release stress.

Jia you and don't despair.. we are all fighting together :)

Thank you so much Catinthesky for the words of encouragement. Finally, picked myself up and gonna press on. Going for our second and last IUI in dec and hopefully the SA will have improvement with all the supplements and TCM. Otherwise, will move on to ICSI.

I'm with NUH
Went through the subsidy route
Hi Nerdsluck, was wondering how do we get ourselves enrolled as a sub patient? Was wondering if we make an appointment through the hotline directly would it make use a pte patient.. Also is anyone aware if we can go straight for IVF instead of IUI-IVF..? we ever saw a gynae before and it was shared my hub's sperm morphology is below average.. which makes us hard to conceive.. it's really frustrating and disappointing when everyone keep saying we are young (29 this year) and don't stress about it..

We have been ttc since apr 2015.. AF came again today.. so the thought of IVF.. not sure if it's too harsh a decision..

Rafki. We were in the situation. Missus many eggs, unfortunately not ovulating at that time.

Also did iui. No news. Proceed on soiui.heng ah. Struck jackpot 1st attempt.

We were stressed out either. Till point of , wanted to diy and ejaculate etc. That bad.

With tmc. Asked and checked yes. For so iui, private can process medisave as long as got funds. FYI. We didn't, as planned to ivf which is more significant amount

Is a number game for all procedures such.

I pray for u and all sticky with baby soonest

Thank you so much Catinthesky for the words of encouragement. Finally, picked myself up and gonna press on. Going for our second and last IUI in dec and hopefully the SA will have improvement with all the supplements and TCM. Otherwise, will move on to ICSI.

You are welcome Lapin! Jia you and Hope we can BFP soon! :)

Hi Nerdsluck, was wondering how do we get ourselves enrolled as a sub patient? Was wondering if we make an appointment through the hotline directly would it make use a pte patient.. Also is anyone aware if we can go straight for IVF instead of IUI-IVF..? we ever saw a gynae before and it was shared my hub's sperm morphology is below average.. which makes us hard to conceive.. it's really frustrating and disappointing when everyone keep saying we are young (29 this year) and don't stress about it..

We have been ttc since apr 2015.. AF came again today.. so the thought of IVF.. not sure if it's too harsh a decision..

If referred by polyclinic, you will be subsidized patient. So if you want that you need to go polyclinic first. If make appointment directly with the hospital, you will be taken as private patient.

That's my understanding and hope it's correct :)

Rafki. We were in the situation. Missus many eggs, unfortunately not ovulating at that time.

Also did iui. No news. Proceed on soiui.heng ah. Struck jackpot 1st attempt.

We were stressed out either. Till point of , wanted to diy and ejaculate etc. That bad.

With tmc. Asked and checked yes. For so iui, private can process medisave as long as got funds. FYI. We didn't, as planned to ivf which is more significant amount

Is a number game for all procedures such.

I pray for u and all sticky with baby soonest

Thanks, Phantom :) And Congratulations to you!

Hi all,

I am so happy to be back on singaporemotherhood forum. I was here >8 years ago as a first-hand preggie mum.
Since the birth of my miracle baby (conceived naturally, and unexpectedly), we have been TTC-ing for the past many numbers of years (although been more pro-active only in the recent 2 years).

I tried TCM previously as I was diagnosed with PCOS but to no much avail. Recently went to NUH and was on Letrozole for the 4th cycle but no results yet. We are getting stressed up and nervous as my partner has to be on some medical treatment real soon that will affect/cause abnormalities of offsprings. We really want a second child very much.
My husband has also been recently diagnosed with low sperm count (not very low but just lower than normal) and he has issues keeping his sex drive up during the ovulation window period (it could be stress but its just so hard overcoming them).

We are going into our 5th cycle of Letrozole should my menses don't come this weekend (hoping it just doesnt comes and see 2-lines on the test-kit windows - but kinda low hope as we did not intercourse exactly as per schedule) :(
Was contradicting if I should initiate to the doctor to go for IUI or IVF (Dr. did mentioned to us to consider the last time we saw her)...

However, I am abit confused over the timeline of a IUI/IVF process - I am following up as a subsidised patient at NUH.

Was wondering:
-- how many checks/tests/scans are required once I've decided? So far, my husband has done hormones and sperm tests. Mine just ultrasound thus far.
-- can the HSG test be done during TOC day 12 scan (when there's a "egg" in the ovaries) or have it to be done when theres no growing egg?

I am trying to figure out timeline should I go for IUI and IVF as I presume I will have alot of symptoms during the period and not able to work -- need to plan work coverages and also as school holidays are nearing, I was thinking if I could match it with the holiday period (so I could concentrate entirely on TTC-ing)

This is gonna be really a route of uneven steps and I think I am stressing myself up (sobs)...

Hopeful for some positive advises!

hi everyone, I'm back in business again!

CD1 today and will be doing IUI this cycle.

This is likely my last IUI before i move on to IVF.

Hi , i am at CD1 today and going for scanning on CD14 as i am not free on CD 12. Dont think i will ovulate so soon although on clomid as i usually ovulate on CD20. My doctor is Dr Lim Min Yu. Lets jiayou together!

Hi , i am at CD1 today and going for scanning on CD14 as i am not free on CD 12. Dont think i will ovulate so soon although on clomid as i usually ovulate on CD20. My doctor is Dr Lim Min Yu. Lets jiayou together!

Hi Wishingstar98 :)

Your doctor does sound familiar. Had seen him a couple of time although I am under subsidised. He's a nice chap, always kept my spirits in check. Are you under private?

So you're just on clomid? Or on other treatment? I am on CD3 (I assume CD means Period Day)? Still trying to get us to all the TCC terms :)

Hi Wishingstar! My scan results today not very good... follicle size is still small even though it's CD12. I have to be put on extra meds to boost the follicle size and then go back for scan again in a few days. My previous 2 IUI cycles weren't like this, my CD 12 scans were quite ok size... HAIZ.

Is Dr Lim Min Yu nice? Yeah let's jiayou together, I hope this is our cycle of success!

Hi all,

I am so happy to be back on singaporemotherhood forum. I was here >8 years ago as a first-hand preggie mum.
Since the birth of my miracle baby (conceived naturally, and unexpectedly), we have been TTC-ing for the past many numbers of years (although been more pro-active only in the recent 2 years).

I tried TCM previously as I was diagnosed with PCOS but to no much avail. Recently went to NUH and was on Letrozole for the 4th cycle but no results yet. We are getting stressed up and nervous as my partner has to be on some medical treatment real soon that will affect/cause abnormalities of offsprings. We really want a second child very much.
My husband has also been recently diagnosed with low sperm count (not very low but just lower than normal) and he has issues keeping his sex drive up during the ovulation window period (it could be stress but its just so hard overcoming them).

We are going into our 5th cycle of Letrozole should my menses don't come this weekend (hoping it just doesnt comes and see 2-lines on the test-kit windows - but kinda low hope as we did not intercourse exactly as per schedule) :(
Was contradicting if I should initiate to the doctor to go for IUI or IVF (Dr. did mentioned to us to consider the last time we saw her)...

However, I am abit confused over the timeline of a IUI/IVF process - I am following up as a subsidised patient at NUH.

Was wondering:
-- how many checks/tests/scans are required once I've decided? So far, my husband has done hormones and sperm tests. Mine just ultrasound thus far.
-- can the HSG test be done during TOC day 12 scan (when there's a "egg" in the ovaries) or have it to be done when theres no growing egg?

I am trying to figure out timeline should I go for IUI and IVF as I presume I will have alot of symptoms during the period and not able to work -- need to plan work coverages and also as school holidays are nearing, I was thinking if I could match it with the holiday period (so I could concentrate entirely on TTC-ing)

This is gonna be really a route of uneven steps and I think I am stressing myself up (sobs)...

Hopeful for some positive advises!

Hi nicolemama, for IUI, in my experience with NUH, there are about 3-4 scans before the actual IUI. The process for IUI is very simple, you just need to take the meds and go for scans to see the progress of the follicles and uterine lining. Once the doc thinks you are ready, he will issue you the trigger jab which you need to do it yourself or at a GP. Then about 36 hours later you will go back to the hospital for IUI, and your husband will also submit his sperm sample that day.

Not too sure about IVF but someone from another thread advised me the estimated schedule. It can stretch 1.5months-2months from the looks of it.

Hi Wishingstar98 :)

Your doctor does sound familiar. Had seen him a couple of time although I am under subsidised. He's a nice chap, always kept my spirits in check. Are you under private?

So you're just on clomid? Or on other treatment? I am on CD3 (I assume CD means Period Day)? Still trying to get us to all the TCC terms :)
Hi

I am under subsidize patient. For my first scan it will be Dr Lim on duty i chked with e nurse. Hopefully his expertise is gd. CD means cycle day counting from the first day of your menses. So if menses come today will be CD 1. Yah i am taking clomid. First time taking it hope it works and many follicles hee

Hi Wishingstar! My scan results today not very good... follicle size is still small even though it's CD12. I have to be put on extra meds to boost the follicle size and then go back for scan again in a few days. My previous 2 IUI cycles weren't like this, my CD 12 scans were quite ok size... HAIZ.

Is Dr Lim Min Yu nice? Yeah let's jiayou together, I hope this is our cycle of success!
Hi cat,
Not sure about Dr Lim first consultation with him for the coming scan. No worries i am sure your follicle will grow. I also quite worried about my ovulation cause my progesterone level failed that time during blood test. Lets jiayou and i pray that we will succeed

Im considering trying IUI after abt 1.5yrs ttc. Both of us are coming 31 and getting worried. I've done u/s and trans-v scans and blood test, all came back normal. My hubby has good morphology but lower than average count and motility.

We're considering bwt tmc/raffles and nuh. Does doctor's 'skill' matter to the success rates? Can someone share the timeline fr first appt to first cycle? Is it possible to not claim Medisave for IUI and keep the 3 times for IVF? Those with nuh does the scans take a long time?

Im considering trying IUI after abt 1.5yrs ttc. Both of us are coming 31 and getting worried. I've done u/s and trans-v scans and blood test, all came back normal. My hubby has good morphology but lower than average count and motility.

We're considering bwt tmc/raffles and nuh. Does doctor's 'skill' matter to the success rates? Can someone share the timeline fr first appt to first cycle? Is it possible to not claim Medisave for IUI and keep the 3 times for IVF? Those with nuh does the scans take a long time?
Hi i think hospital should be about the same just the type of treatment example nuh no so iui. First appointment to treatment will depend on what other checkup you need. The scanning queue at nuh quite ok. Yes its up to you whether to use medisave for treatmemt.

Hi i think hospital should be about the same just the type of treatment example nuh no so iui. First appointment to treatment will depend on what other checkup you need. The scanning queue at nuh quite ok. Yes its up to you whether to use medisave for treatmemt.

Thanks! Normal IUI will still have the trigger jab? Oh and is HSG test compulsory before IUI?

Thanks! Normal IUI will still have the trigger jab? Oh and is HSG test compulsory before IUI?
Hi Jaen

At nuh for normal is clomid and only one trigger jab to trigger the follicle to release the egg and 36 hrs is e IUI procedure. Yes HSG is a compulsory test and must be done a few days after your menses.

Hi I've done hsg and sadly one side of my tubes is blocked at the end. Any advice if I can still proceed on with my iui supposed to start next month. Or do you think doctor will advice for IVF instead ?

Hi I've done hsg and sadly one side of my tubes is blocked at the end. Any advice if I can still proceed on with my iui supposed to start next month. Or do you think doctor will advice for IVF instead ?

Did doc say why blocked, if there's cyst that needs to be removed? 2 good tunes will have better chances but I know friends who conceived naturally with one tube left. See wad the doc suggest before deciding ba, don't worry too much abt it.

Did doc say why blocked, if there's cyst that needs to be removed? 2 good tunes will have better chances but I know friends who conceived naturally with one tube left. See wad the doc suggest before deciding ba, don't worry too much abt it.

The doctor said could be some infection and to check with gynae for further advice. I'm seeing gynae next week now I'm thinking no wonder it's so difficult to conceive. Hope he won't say straightaway have to IVF.

The doctor said could be some infection and to check with gynae for further advice. I'm seeing gynae next week now I'm thinking no wonder it's so difficult to conceive. Hope he won't say straightaway have to IVF.

Don't worry, if it's infection there must be some way to treat it, even if cyst also can remove. Stay hopeful! At least now know the problem to treat :)

Hi, I went thru polyclinic. Told the doc that we have been ttc for a couple years n still no results. They referred us to the hospital, n will ask which hospital u prefer. And surprisingly, the appointment date for nuh was only 2 weeks away. I thought we would have to wait for months but it's actually quite fast.

Anyway my first iui failed. And we could not do iui On the following month, as my follicle size on cd 12 was only 13.5mm, n on cd 15, my follicle seemed to have shrunk to 12.5mm!
So for this cycle, the doc gave me a couple mess, one was to induce menstration(though I'm not sure y, since I'm pretty regular). And the other was clomid, to ensure I can ovulate. So hopefully I can do iui on this cycle

Just started the jab last sat. Going for my 1st scan this thursday. Been taking 2 eggs white, 1 cup of raspberry tea leaf and folic acid daily. Red bean soup alternate days as well. Anything else i should eat to increase the lining and the follicles?

Im doing acupuncture once a week as well.
By the way, is red bean paste and red bean soup the same? Does red bean paste help in lining as well?

Last edited:
Just started the jab last sat. Going for my 1st scan this thursday. Been taking 2 eggs white, 1 cup of raspberry tea leaf and folic acid daily. Red bean soup alternate days as well. Anything else i should eat to increase the lining and the follicles?

By the way, is red bean paste and red bean soup the same? Does red bean paste help in lining as well?

Hi, I'm from the IVF thread.. supposedly to build lining, red bean supplements the blood.. and after reading some chinese websites on the effects of red bean for women and the uterus, most of the recipes recommend red bean cooked in soup form, like in porridge, read bean soup, cooked with red dates into a drink etc. Not much mention of red bean paste. Guess it's better to stick to the more widely recommended cooking styles. Your current preparation looks good.. it is also recommended to take chicken soup when you can as well, maybe once a week.

On another note, can I ask.. I'm very new to SO-IUI.. how many days after Day1 of menses will the jabs begin? How many days are u jabbing for? I'm considering starting SO-IUI when my next menses arrive.

Thanks for your reply. I am not sure hw many jab i need. Guess it will all depends on the result of the scan on this thursday. My jab begin on day 2 of the full menses. Which hosp u doing the SOIUI?

Me taking royal jelly with folic acid. If i free i try brew red date with wolfberries. Tcm recommend take more meat & protein. Going to do my trigger shot tonight.

My 2nd so-iui with kkh.

Jab start from day 2 or day 3 of full flow. KKH will inform when you call in. Jab usually at least 12 times i heard. First round i jab 17. This round i jab 22 (last 5 days is 2 jab per day 1 prevent premature ovulation). According to my tcm cause i got pcos, so cycle longer need more jabs.

Hi, I'm from the IVF thread.. supposedly to build lining, red bean supplements the blood.. and after reading some chinese websites on the effects of red bean for women and the uterus, most of the recipes recommend red bean cooked in soup form, like in porridge, read bean soup, cooked with red dates into a drink etc. Not much mention of red bean paste. Guess it's better to stick to the more widely recommended cooking styles. Your current preparation looks good.. it is also recommended to take chicken soup when you can as well, maybe once a week.

On another note, can I ask.. I'm very new to SO-IUI.. how many days after Day1 of menses will the jabs begin? How many days are u jabbing for? I'm considering starting SO-IUI when my next menses arrive.

Jab start from day 2 or day 3 of full flow. KKH will inform when you call in. Jab usually at least 12 times i heard. First round i jab 17. This round i jab 22 (last 5 days is 2 jab per day 1 prevent premature ovulation). According to my tcm cause i got pcos, so cycle longer need more jabs.

Pcos need more jabs? Oh no. I got pcos as well. So i will need 20 jabs as well?

Back