2016/07 July babies

For ridwind I add to milk. She is oblivious to it. Maybe can try?

I only have big challenge on the Vit drops.
She is on direct latch on demand :( for now, ridwind I put in spoon and sort of pour it into the side of her mouth, then after she cry and protest and gulp a bit down then I stick my nipple into her mouth to soothe her and wash down the taste lol?

But for gripe, Aiyoh, she just lets it dribble out of her mouth, or cry till it splatters everywhere. I tried a syringe at the corner of her mouth while latched, but with each depression of the plunger she will pause, frown, then after a few times unlatch. I'm afraid she would reject the nipple so I daren't try again.

I even expressed some of my milk into the gripe water mix, she rejected that as well, my mil said better not or she would reject my bm totally....

Yup, might be going for the TMC weaning talk. They also got talk about the kind of food to feed baby :)
Ooooh! Hmmmm I will go check if kkh has similar programs...I am so excited about weaning that I joined the baby led weaning FB group and even started throwing out feelers with mil in order to warm her up to the idea, heng she already did similar with her kids! Very relieved!

Just a boliao qtn for experienced mummies, was it possible to tell your bb dominant hand from infant stage? Like if they prefer to chuk their right hand = right-handed? Random thought....

Just a boliao qtn for experienced mummies, was it possible to tell your bb dominant hand from infant stage? Like if they prefer to chuk their right hand = right-handed? Random thought....
I couldn't. Both chuked left and right fists, n when they started to chuk toes, they grabbed foot with both hands.
On bb led weaning, does it mean you may introduce semi-solids even before 6 mths if bb shows signs of being ready?

I couldn't. Both chuked left and right fists, n when they started to chuk toes, they grabbed foot with both hands.
On bb led weaning, does it mean you may introduce semi-solids even before 6 mths if bb shows signs of being ready?
Ooooh ok, thanks, I always find the chuk hands and toes age damn cute XD

Another qtn, if bb starts to favour left, would you train to be right-handed, and why?

As to blw, I'm also not sure on the philosophy of it, but I will only start weaning her when her gut is ready for it...I rem 1 Dr telling me can start as early as 4 mths, but another telling me safer to wait till 6. But for sure I won't do all the puree stuff, just looking at it makes me gag...

BLW is doing without purée...I have a friend doing that, n her baby will eat whole pieces of apples, corn, sweet potato etc.

For semi solid, read that it is best do when baby can sit up right....

FB_IMG_1474370394833.jpg

FB_IMG_1470768507181.jpg

From some comments in the blw group, I kiasu d/l first but haven't really gone through...what I like best is no need to specially cook and prepare separate meal, and bb gets to eat a wide variety of what we eat!

Mine so far favors her right fist. Not sure if this means she won't be a leftie.

I will let her decide which hand is her dominant. I'm born leftie but right trained (laopeh not happy I was "wrong" handed). I now end up I can do many things with either hand (like hold chopstick, write/draw, etc). But sports wise I'm always leftie (bcos those were the moments my dad was not around to ”correct" me when I was young).

My twins niece and nephew were on BLW. I'm keen to try although hubby not. Will see how lo.

Ooooh ok, thanks, I always find the chuk hands and toes age damn cute XD

Another qtn, if bb starts to favour left, would you train to be right-handed, and why?

As to blw, I'm also not sure on the philosophy of it, but I will only start weaning her when her gut is ready for it...I rem 1 Dr telling me can start as early as 4 mths, but another telling me safer to wait till 6. But for sure I won't do all the puree stuff, just looking at it makes me gag...
Yea, super cute. Love the blowing raspberries age too!

I won't do anything to change a leftie kid to being a rightie. There are some who do and they end up with an ambidextrous kid and I think that's really cool, but nah, to me, if she's a leftie, she's a leftie, just bit troublesome for her if she ever wants to play the guitar.
I don't dare do baby led weaning, I start zhun zhun the day bb turned 6 mths. Actually purees are pretty awesome becos they add versatility to meals (add a bit of brown rice cereal, squirt a bit of bm into mixture). Plus making them was fun I find! Wkends were spent steaming apples, broccoli, pumpkin, zucchinj, pureeing them and packing them for the week. But in beginning I just intro one food at a time till I'm sure bb is not allergic to anything. I just avoid pureeing food I find gross, eg cauliflower, Brussels sprouts (yes, I tried it when I was feeling adventurous) becos bb gagged when I tried to feed, n actually I gagged too, lol!!

I think my baby is rightie, he likes to suck his right hand and when angry he also use right leg to kick. I'm born in leftie but right hand trained Coz father don't like left handed la .. End up my hand writing very messy and ugly, I also got confuse between right n left when give direction to other. I won't be confuse when I drive la but when people give me or I give direction, I will get confuse. I want to ask taxi uncle to turn left but I said turn right...

Yea, super cute. Love the blowing raspberries age too!

I won't do anything to change a leftie kid to being a rightie. There are some who do and they end up with an ambidextrous kid and I think that's really cool, but nah, to me, if she's a leftie, she's a leftie, just bit troublesome for her if she ever wants to play the guitar.
I don't dare do baby led weaning, I start zhun zhun the day bb turned 6 mths. Actually purees are pretty awesome becos they add versatility to meals (add a bit of brown rice cereal, squirt a bit of bm into mixture). Plus making them was fun I find! Wkends were spent steaming apples, broccoli, pumpkin, zucchinj, pureeing them and packing them for the week. But in beginning I just intro one food at a time till I'm sure bb is not allergic to anything. I just avoid pureeing food I find gross, eg cauliflower, Brussels sprouts (yes, I tried it when I was feeling adventurous) becos bb gagged when I tried to feed, n actually I gagged too, lol!!

I'm looking forward to this stage! It will be so much fun preparing different types of food for the little one. But I heard the poo will smell bad once u intro solid food.

Can I also ask all those total bf mums - do u plan to total bf until 6 mths? Or will start to intro some solid food after 4 mths? Can share your thoughts?

Me definitely total bfding till 6 mths, follow WHO's recommendation. Personally, I'm really in no hurry to intro bb to semi-solids becos I feel she has a whole lifetime to eat real food, so I would prefer for her gut to mature as long as possible before she gets anything other than milk in her system. Also read that introducing when bb is not ready may cause them to develop allergies at a later stage. And as I don't trust myself to correctly determine if bb is really ready, it's safer to wait.

On stinky poo, wa, I find the poo grossest when they start fish! Just semi-solids like avocado, veg and fruits still won't make me recoil in horror at the poo. Recalling that, I am suddenly more appreciative of the current poo.

Oh, suddenly recalled something. I always know when my mum feeds them papaya when I'm at work becos the poo smells out of the world! Words cannot describe the stench! It never fails to make me gag. Reached a point when I made my mum promise not to feed them papaya on Friday becos I cannot handle the aftermath the following day.

Reactions: KWL
My Carter's loots arrived and alas regretted ordered 6month ones. I did order 6 and 9month ones. My baby is not even big size to begin with and the 6month ones won't have much mileage. So for those who wanna order next time, really should take 2 sizes up. Luckily I bought these rompers during sale at about SGD3ish only each.

My Carter's loots arrived and alas regretted ordered 6month ones. I did order 6 and 9month ones. My baby is not even big size to begin with and the 6month ones won't have much mileage. So for those who wanna order next time, really should take 2 sizes up. Luckily I bought these rompers during sale at about SGD3ish only each.
Oh dear....I have ordered all 6 months...even for the Santa onesie ...guess by christmas, she wld gave outgrown

Rut row....yeah Carter's tends to run a little small, even for the suspiciously chiong versions I got at the July baby fair....

Loving the uniqlo baby clothes though! Their sizes seem.to be more accurate I think?

If i had my own kitchen I would looove to play head chef to my oyabun, alas, not the case right now :( still, very excited to see how she handles semi-solids, the ingesting, not digesting I mean ;9

Still early days, bubbles seems to favour left fist for chuk-ing...my cousin is a leftie and we grew up close, she was allowed free rein except for chopsticks, as my aunt didn't want her to battle her mealtime conpanions. I've always found leftie practicalities interesting!

Carter size is smaller. I let my bb wear 6mths slightly lose. Look comfortable in it. I like to go for H&M. The quality is better than uniqlo one. Uniqlo one is very thin more for daily wear if the weather is hot hot.

Carter size is smaller. I let my bb wear 6mths slightly lose. Look comfortable in it. I like to go for H&M. The quality is better than uniqlo one. Uniqlo one is very thin more for daily wear if the weather is hot hot.

I have some hand me down from my SIL, and there's H&M inside! Super like the material and is so soft too! But not much choices for babies when I go find :(

Carters rompers are small...but their leggings even smaller. They seem to not consider babies wear diapers too. I think can pass these tiny leggings to baby dolls.

I find h&m ones a bit too thick? Uniglo is really nice for warm days.

Bubbles has 6mths-2yrs brand new wardrobe of h&m and the now-defunct lifebaby waiting for her to grow into... right now daily wear is mostly uniqlo, Carter's and mothercare rompers... although I can't wait to play dress up for her, it seems quite a waste cos she's always wrapped up when we go out!

Does this give me an excuse to buy a pram? XD

And just read that finally interchanges and mrt stations will get nursing rooms, I hope they are clean and functional, not some "fulfill work order " standard!

I have some hand me down from my SIL, and there's H&M inside! Super like the material and is so soft too! But not much choices for babies when I go find :(
H&M and cotton on kids have pretty good sales come GSS in July, by then will have too much range to pick from liow *fears for my wallet *

H&M and cotton on kids have pretty good sales come GSS in July, by then will have too much range to pick from liow *fears for my wallet *

Wahhhhh I CAN'T wait to shop! Hahaha~

Planning to go make passport for my boy. Maybe year end can bring him to Malaysia to gai gai~ didn't know we cannot take the photo for him at home, need to go down to ICA to make.

Wahhhhh I CAN'T wait to shop! Hahaha~

Planning to go make passport for my boy. Maybe year end can bring him to Malaysia to gai gai~ didn't know we cannot take the photo for him at home, need to go down to ICA to make.
hmm change rules? My nos.1 I applied 2yrs ago. We took at home n apply online. Collect then have to go to ica with baby

Must take photo at IcA? If I remembered correctly we took number 1 photo at home ourselves and apply passport on line

Do we need to make appointment to take the photo ?

Went back to work today....didn't have much chance to pause and miss my baby as very busy. But I miss interacting with her...she is asleep when I am home. Not sure if this means that my interaction with her would only be during weekends....

Rut row....yeah Carter's tends to run a little small, even for the suspiciously chiong versions I got at the July baby fair....

Loving the uniqlo baby clothes though! Their sizes seem.to be more accurate I think?

If i had my own kitchen I would looove to play head chef to my oyabun, alas, not the case right now :( still, very excited to see how she handles semi-solids, the ingesting, not digesting I mean ;9

Still early days, bubbles seems to favour left fist for chuk-ing...my cousin is a leftie and we grew up close, she was allowed free rein except for chopsticks, as my aunt didn't want her to battle her mealtime conpanions. I've always found leftie practicalities interesting!

I also bought the uniqlo mesh version when they run at $4.90 for two pieces and one was even better $4.90 for 3 pieces. I cannot resist and bought sizes 70, 80 and 90. Chao kiasu mum. I did that because I went to the physical shop and was told that the $4.90 pieces are only available online. And there is only free delivery for orders above $60. Hahahaha

I saw a post on FB regarding baby passport photo, it seems you can take photo at home and submit online, only during collection bring baby with you to verify. White background, face front, eyes open.

I also bought the uniqlo mesh version when they run at $4.90 for two pieces and one was even better $4.90 for 3 pieces. I cannot resist and bought sizes 70, 80 and 90. Chao kiasu mum. I did that because I went to the physical shop and was told that the $4.90 pieces are only available online. And there is only free delivery for orders above $60. Hahahaha
! Waugh! Damn good deal! I had to delete the app cos my phone no space le, dangit! Been checking out uniqlo branches periodically for sales, lowest I've seen it go is $7.90, and I also bought larger sizes, just 1 set each for I think 80/90cm.... will bug hb to install the app on his phone lol! The bra tops are also very good, I bought one during sale, $19.90, u.p. $29.90, a lot of mamas in the FB bf group raving about it too!

2yrs ago can take passport photo of infant at home. Now cannot?
Must take photo at IcA? If I remembered correctly we took number 1 photo at home ourselves and apply passport on line

Do we need to make appointment to take the photo ?

My SIL told me need to go down and take photo, but I lazy so applied online liao...wahhh it's damn hard to take a baby photo...hopefully don't tio reject by them LOL

Mummies does your LO cries very loudly? Mine cries using all the force on her throat, really 用尽吃奶的力, till her voice is hoarse ! She cried a lot today at my parents place, when she is hungry , tired etc....mum said she is like shouting....because of her loud cries, my parents deduce that my LO is a very impatient hot tempered gal

Mummies does your LO cries very loudly? Mine cries using all the force on her throat, really 用尽吃奶的力, till her voice is hoarse ! She cried a lot today at my parents place, when she is hungry , tired etc....mum said she is like shouting....because of her loud cries, my parents deduce that my LO is a very impatient hot tempered gal

Mine!!! But now better controlled after we manage to catch the hunger cues in advance. You may want to try to fix it by getting your parents to place finger near baby's mouth when she starts sucking fist or start to cry. If rooting behaviour continues, tty feeding and most prob it won't develop into a full blown meltdown. Loud crying could be because her hunger cues were detected at a pretty late stage.

Yesterday got one bad episode during the day. Cry until very bad during the afternoon for no apparent reasons And ended up not taking any naps from afternoon until 9pm bedtime. Bad day.

My boy will cry super loud when I don't attend to him after his initial soft cries. It sort of escalate to wailing slowly though. But when he starts that, he will cry until he choke himself. Quite scary. Got this one episode when I was driving him alone. Initially he will just self-entertaining himself. But he started crying because he wants to sleep. Due to a bad jam, the car wasn't moving and he just wail like mad. I can't pacify him sitting in front, so no choice keep talking to him and pray that the jam will not take long.

Once the car started moving, he quietened down and slowly fall asleep. *phew!*

Yesterday = quite bad day too. When we thought she is super hungry but she is not. So hard to catch the right cues yesterday (till now) that we wasted a few bottles of fm. She is now not those who will drink second bottle of top up so I rather make full bottle, though it's wasteful if she doesn't take it. Put her into feeding position and she wails and gets angry. She only drank less than 400ml yesterday :( A lot of comfort latch yesterday.

Last edited:
I think the hot weather lately is getting to all of our lo, yesterday was rough, it was as if her crib was made of nails. Then bubbles merlion'd once at about 10+pm, then again just half hr ago. Already made appt at hg polyclinic for both of us, my csec wound is flaring up, wonder if period is returning :-/ the constant lifting and carrying her is probably the main reason.

She's still very chipper about it all though, grins and giggles after throwing up or farting. Probably relief from the pains :(

Oh oh, I tried more tummy time with her, this time she's only clad in diapers, and directly onto bedsheets after shower. I use lotion/massage time as delay tactic. Propped up her elbows on her bb bolster, sang alphabet song, she managed to stay there for at least 5 mins! Maybe u all can give it a try too....

Second what @KWL said about hunger cues. bb never got the memo on our schedules, so i have to jaga her daily variances to feeding times...good thing bubbles gives me warning signs now, like sucking furiously on her fist, before crying, if by 3rd cry I don't get her into my arms and ready for feed, tantrum, leading to full blown meltdown.

Btw, it's a bit late now, but have you all heard about Dunstan's baby language?

41519b0ab475558c6ca715046ab43acb.jpg

Applicable up till about 3mths only tho. I only found out a week ago, pretty accurate except bubbles' hunger cry is more 'ungeh ungeh' than 'neh'.

Anyone has tried Avent teats before but your bb doesn't like and you've found an alternative brand that works? Don't know why mine is rejecting bottle for days. Drinks little (nothing to do with milk as it's the same for both fm and ebm). But once latch her she sucks in content. Wonder if it's teat issue which I hope to experiment.

Anyone has tried Avent teats before but your bb doesn't like and you've found an alternative brand that works? Don't know why mine is rejecting bottle for days. Drinks little (nothing to do with milk as it's the same for both fm and ebm). But once latch her she sucks in content. Wonder if it's teat issue which I hope to experiment.
Me. We had to supplement her for jaundice and used Avent natural, she rejected. Switched to pigeon peristaltic PLUS! and she took to it like ducks to water.

Me. We had to supplement her for jaundice and used Avent natural, she rejected. Switched to pigeon peristaltic PLUS! and she took to it like ducks to water.
Ooh let me try pigeon. I've got a few bottles but no teat. Will buy later to try. Please pray for me it works. Thanks.

KWL, only recent that your LO doesn't like avent? All along ok but don't know why lately she dislikes.

Happened to have an old used pigeon teat. Not compatible with avent.
ImageUploadedByForum1474973050.273264.jpg

I use both Avent and Pigeon Peristaltic wide neck. Both rejected by LO these 2 weeks. 怎么办?!

@KWL - the peristaltic wide neck teat not compatible with Avent.

@snowfern Is the pigeon teat compatible with avent bottles?

If u have the pigeon sample storage bottles get the wide teat, peristaltic PLUS! The peristaltic PLUS! is incompatible with the newer Natural Avent, but almost perfect for with much older Avent, not sure which type or generation, it was a hand-me-down.

Think my case not due to flow. Upgraded teat already.
Is the newer natural Avent the one with an additional blue n white ring that goes into the teat holder?

There's growth spurt, is there a growth decline period? I find that at times, she's also not too interested to latch, she sucks for fun from the corner of mouth and grins. N halfway through letdown she'll let go n get milk spraying all over. Used to be able to get her to slp when I latch her, nowadays my trump card doesn't work anymore. Must rock n sing. My arms are protesting, n the weather is simply too warm for bb wearing at home.

@gan - you're back to work so early? You're keeping about a month of maternity leave is it?

My baby also declined in milk intake, usual day 800-950ml but these two days 600-700ml. I though maybe yesterday and today he didn't poo that's why he drink lesser ?

Back