IVF/ICSI Support Group

Thanks a lot . My husband don't want to adopt now until can not make it. Baby dust to all of you.

Yup do it only if u are certain this is what u want. I can understand the feeling of it all. It's like so tired of this TTC journey n wish to end it all.
When I was reading the forum back then many girls give lots encouragement but somehow they are not me n probably not know what I am going through. I failed many fresh cycles and FET with not a single implantation....too many till I felt there is no hope. However One day I managed to get preg naturally even though it did not end up well but it push me to do another cycle. Everyone mental state n financial are different so choose the route u want. At the end of it no matter if it's doing another cycle or going through other channel u will be a mum someday.

Last edited:

Yup do it only if u are certain this is what u want. I can understand the feeling of it all. It's like so tired of this TTC journey n wish to end it all.
When I was reading the forum back then many girls give lots encouragement but somehow they are not me n probably not know what I am going through. I failed many fresh cycles and FET with not a single implantation....too many till I felt there is no hope. However One day I managed to get preg naturally even though it did not end up well but it push me to do another cycle. Everyone mental state n financial are different so choose the route u want. At the end of it no matter if it's doing another cycle or going through other channel u will be a mum someday.
Hope our wish come true and stay strong. God bless us all.

Totally emphathise as I also explored many alternatives including overseas treatment, donor eggs and adoption etc as I failed cycles after cycles, natural as well as Ivf fresh & fets without implantation despite visually excellent or good embryos. The hopelessness feeling was really grim while I yearn so badly to carry my own child with my own body. No matter what route or decision in the journey of building your own family, and the outcome to receive and accept, the couple ultimately need to account only to themselves what is in their best interests with no regrets. No one should claim the right to influence how you feel if they never understand what you have gone through or are going through.

I took healthy food like eggs, oats, chicken essence and continued with my lrd drink. Aso continued with pre natal vits minus royal jelly
Hi, just to check, is Royal jelly a no-no after transfer (aka 2ww)? Want to take note as well as I'm going for next cycle

Can I ask if anyone experience lighter AF flow after the first menses from chemical pregnancy? I failed my Jul fresh cycle and had my first menses few days after stopping support. It was rather heavy flow then this time round the follow up AF was very light. Wonder if something is wrong or is common to experience such haywire for 1-2 cycles.

Can I ask if anyone experience lighter AF flow after the first menses from chemical pregnancy? I failed my Jul fresh cycle and had my first menses few days after stopping support. It was rather heavy flow then this time round the follow up AF was very light. Wonder if something is wrong or is common to experience such haywire for 1-2 cycles.
Mine same case as u, chemical pregnancy which failed in Aug
But my Sep mens cycle has return to normal, 28 days cycle n its flow is aso back to track as well
Maybe ur body still regulate from the jabs medicine?

Mine same case as u, chemical pregnancy which failed in Aug
But my Sep mens cycle has return to normal, 28 days cycle n its flow is aso back to track as well
Maybe ur body still regulate from the jabs medicine?
Thanks for sharing! Was your first regular cycle on time? THH told me it may be a week late which was the case but the flow is unusually low. Will monitor first and hopefully next cycle will be back to normal.

Thanks for sharing! Was your first regular cycle on time? THH told me it may be a week late which was the case but the flow is unusually low. Will monitor first and hopefully next cycle will be back to normal.
My cycle very on time.. 26 to 28 days cycle
Hope urs back to track soon

Hi all, I am in my frozen cycle D11. KKH frozen my embryos at D2 last time. I want blastocyte for this cycle. So when they will starts to thaw my embryos? Embryos need to culture for 3more days to become blastocyte? I told doc today that I want blastocyte n she said still early for that. So when they will thaw embryos? I m lost. Anyone experience ?

Hi Winniewiniepooh, for me, i took 4 hard-boiled eggs but only 1 egg yolk for my breakfast during 2ww. Somethings i will mix some avocado in it.
Thanks for your reply sister , any drinks for breakfast ? I normall drink fresh milk, but heard from some sisters that milk will create mucus , so no to milk during 2ww?

Thanks for your reply sister , any drinks for breakfast ? I normall drink fresh milk, but heard from some sisters that milk will create mucus , so no to milk during 2ww?
Hi Winnie
For me, I eat whatever I want. I dont like too much restrictions lol. As long as Im happy, cos if i cannot do or eat things that i like that will stress me out and will not good oso. I don't drink milk cos got got acid problem w that

Hi Bunny.
Have you consider making a promise? Like before I got my 1st son, I made a promise that I will become a vegetarian for 1 year and another promise which I cannot tell. Within 2 months I conceived naturally
I don't know if you believe in this thing or not. Im a Budhist but I also go to church cos my hubby is Catholic

Last edited:
Hi all, just to check... how do i make the appt for the kkivf briefing? Or the doctor will direct me after all the test reports are reviewed? Or do i have to call kkh to say i want to make an appt for the ivf briefing?

hi i slated to do ivf in sept.
my period just came and will usually turn full flow by night. am i suppose to call ivf centre now or wait till tml morning to call?
what are the operating hours at ivf call centre and what is the number? i didn't save it on my phone and all info is at home. :(

Ladies, as i type this, my heart is so heavy, wishing for a big miracle to happen or a should to cry on.

After 3 failed fresh IVF, the last one in end July this year, i decided to take a break from all the medication and injections. According to my period and ovulation tracker, hubby and i BD. My period is suppose to come last monday but till now no AF show. Plus i had mild cramps, backaches, no appettite and some quick stabbing pain in abdomen. So i thought there's little hope that i might be pregnent naturally.

Did a blood test yesterday which came back negative. The doc told me over phone "Your blood test came out very much negative".

All hopes dashed. Now left with wonders of why my period hasnt shown its ugly face.

All these negativity sucks big time. Most of my GFs on FB are putting up happy pictures of their newborn or children, when will i ever do that?

Sorry for this but im just so down. Cant share with hubby as he's equally sad but i havent told him any of this just dont wana him to raise hopes. At least for now only im feeling crushed.

hi i slated to do ivf in sept.
my period just came and will usually turn full flow by night. am i suppose to call ivf centre now or wait till tml morning to call?
what are the operating hours at ivf call centre and what is the number? i didn't save it on my phone and all info is at home. :(
Hi call tomorrow morning. This is the nurse number 96209501. They will ask u to go kkh to buy Injection medicine. Good luck.

Hi Bunny.
Have you consider making a promise? Like before I got my 1st son, I made a promise that I will become a vegetarian for 1 year and another promise which I cannot tell. Within 2 months I conceived naturally
I don't know if you believe in this thing or not. Im a Budhist but I also go to church cos my hubby is Catholic
If I'm not wrong, she has already given birth to her twins :)

Ladies, as i type this, my heart is so heavy, wishing for a big miracle to happen or a should to cry on.

After 3 failed fresh IVF, the last one in end July this year, i decided to take a break from all the medication and injections. According to my period and ovulation tracker, hubby and i BD. My period is suppose to come last monday but till now no AF show. Plus i had mild cramps, backaches, no appettite and some quick stabbing pain in abdomen. So i thought there's little hope that i might be pregnent naturally.

Did a blood test yesterday which came back negative. The doc told me over phone "Your blood test came out very much negative".

All hopes dashed. Now left with wonders of why my period hasnt shown its ugly face.

All these negativity sucks big time. Most of my GFs on FB are putting up happy pictures of their newborn or children, when will i ever do that?

Sorry for this but im just so down. Cant share with hubby as he's equally sad but i havent told him any of this just dont wana him to raise hopes. At least for now only im feeling crushed.
Hi Wanbaby...
I know its hard... keep a positive mind. I know u r screaming inside and are very upset! No words can describe what u r feeling now... cool down, relax and prepare yourself for the next cycle... your miracle baby is on the way!!!

Hi all, just to check... how do i make the appt for the kkivf briefing? Or the doctor will direct me after all the test reports are reviewed? Or do i have to call kkh to say i want to make an appt for the ivf briefing?
If you go in as a private patient, you can call the KKIVF centre hotline - 6294 4050, tell them you want to make a doc appointment for your IVF, they will ask U which doc you prefer and they will schedule the appointment for you.

On the day of appointment, bring all your test results (if you have) for doc's review and see what he said and maybe will schedule U for IVF..for example for me, my 1st appointment is in Mar and I schedule my IVF in Aug and attend the briefing in July. Beforehand, have to do all the blood test for myself and hubby and the nurse will call you up to arrange the briefing...

Hi Bunny.

Return red eggs lor consider promise or not. Actually every cycle I got go pray but all bfn. After that I didn't go anymore. So I don't think I promise anything.

Hi all,

What if we are bitten by mosquitoes when trying to conceive or during IVF ? Worried to get Zika but there is no symptoms ! Is it better to go test if we get infected? Anyone can share if u hv similar situations .

Hi all,

What if we are bitten by mosquitoes when trying to conceive or during IVF ? Worried to get Zika but there is no symptoms ! Is it better to go test if we get infected? Anyone can share if u hv similar situations .

Bourjorgal,
Not sure if testing for zika is a viable solution. We may test on this month and results may come back negative but later may get infected with zika without symptoms. :(

Best solution is to protect ourselves against mosquito bites.

Hi all
So happy that today my 1st scan saw 1 baby w a heartbeat. Yay! Measuring at 6w3d
Doctor saw 1 small empty sac that he suspect 2 implanted but 1 didn't grow and my spotting could be from that
Have u taken rest after EMbrayo transfer?
I have attended councilling at virtus last Saturday .it increased my confidence level,they said u can take rest for two days after embrayo transfer and after egg retrieval u can go home since u will b very tired

Have u taken rest after EMbrayo transfer?
I have attended councilling at virtus last Saturday .it increased my confidence level,they said u can take rest for two days after embrayo transfer and after egg retrieval u can go home since u will b very tired
The nurse suggest yes resting but I cannot leh. I have 5 yo very active son, still doing all my routine jobs, no maid oso. But i don't want to think much la just enjoy as long as i dont carry heavy things and tired take fast rest.
Virtus is very good for me cos they got counselor for us. Good luck chuchoo

The nurse suggest yes resting but I cannot leh. I have 5 yo very active son, still doing all my routine jobs, no maid oso. But i don't want to think much la just enjoy as long as i dont carry heavy things and tired take fast rest.
Virtus is very good for me cos they got counselor for us. Good luck chuchoo
Prunia,
Guess you should know nurse Shamseah from VFC ?
She was the nurse that provided me with all the support during my first cycle in 2010 in ex-tfc and she has moved over to VFC.

If you go in as a private patient, you can call the KKIVF centre hotline - 6294 4050, tell them you want to make a doc appointment for your IVF, they will ask U which doc you prefer and they will schedule the appointment for you.

On the day of appointment, bring all your test results (if you have) for doc's review and see what he said and maybe will schedule U for IVF..for example for me, my 1st appointment is in Mar and I schedule my IVF in Aug and attend the briefing in July. Beforehand, have to do all the blood test for myself and hubby and the nurse will call you up to arrange the briefing...
Thanks bbdust...
I have done all the necessary test, waiting to review my result with the doctor in Oct. Ok... i assume i will be schedule for the briefing in Nov. Thanks.

Wanbaby, please jiayou and don't give up.
I totally understand how u feel and I'm sure the many ladies here felt the same way too.
Now and then, I would also feel very sad for the failed cycles and for not having babies yet. Just like today- tried to bd naturally after failed cycle but temp dropped signify another failed month!
Just as a friend told me, there are pros and cons for everything, while we envy them, they could likely envy us for being carefree now.
Please cheer up and have faith. Big hugs to u! And also to myself.. haha..
Be positive, we need that very much to believe that one day, we can have a baby in our arms.

Bourjorgal,
Not sure if testing for zika is a viable solution. We may test on this month and results may come back negative but later may get infected with zika without symptoms. :(

Best solution is to protect ourselves against mosquito bites.

Hi daylesford,

Yeah agreed that best solution is to protect ourselves but too bad I got bitten so I am worried :(

Since I got no symptoms past a week,I can only leave my fate to God! Sob sob

Prunia,
Guess you should know nurse Shamseah from VFC ?
She was the nurse that provided me with all the support during my first cycle in 2010 in ex-tfc and she has moved over to VFC.
Nurse Shamseah is very nice when I was at Tfc. I thought she went to tow Yung clinic.

Wanbaby, please jiayou and don't give up.
I totally understand how u feel and I'm sure the many ladies here felt the same way too.
Now and then, I would also feel very sad for the failed cycles and for not having babies yet. Just like today- tried to bd naturally after failed cycle but temp dropped signify another failed month!
Just as a friend told me, there are pros and cons for everything, while we envy them, they could likely envy us for being carefree now.
Please cheer up and have faith. Big hugs to u! And also to myself.. haha..
Be positive, we need that very much to believe that one day, we can have a baby in our arms.

@Wanbaby, I feel you too. I just failed my 3rd fresh. I transferred 2 embies, 1 grade 4 day 3 8 cells and 1 grade 3 day 3 7 cells. (KKH's grading 5 for being the best)
Tested postive 4 days before BT & the lines are getting stronger each day. However the night before BT I got a terrible cramps & starts bleeding. On the day of my BT I start passing some clumpy tissues out and instantly I knew it was a gone case for the cycle. True enough my BT came back negative. Arghh it's like so near yet so far. Feeling very sad & so dejected as it is our last chance for our fresh cycle.

Though deep down feeling very sad, surprisingly I did not shed a single tears. Not sure if it's because my tears are dried up or my heart is feeling numb for the number of failures. Really 佩服 to the wonderful strong ladies here for trying for so many rounds. Financially drained, I doubt we will go for another fresh cycle.

It's good that you are still trying naturally and there is a possibility if you getting pregnant.
For my case, I have only one working ovary with 2 swollen tubes cum male issues. So getting preg naturally is definitely very very slim for me. Also, the whole process has strained my hub's confidence in trying naturally. I doubt he will overcome his psychological barrier any sooner. So trying naturally is totally out for me.

I do have 1 golden embie to be freezed.
But it's a grade 4 day 3 4 cells embryo. By right for a day 3 embie, it should be dividing into 8 cells ideally. The embie may not survive the thawing process if we wanna use it in future. It may have chromosome or abnormal issues as it's growing so slowly and might not be implanted even if it survived the thaw.

But being an optimist, I am thinking of transfering this one and only embie next year while I continue to "tiao" my body.
I can't sentence my one and only embie to death for growing at such a slow stated right? Must give it a chance I feel. Who knows this little slow grower will survive the thaw & sticks & grows healthy when transfer back into my womb. I must have confidence in it. Well, no matter what's the outcome, be it a success or failure, at least we did try our best already.

So don't give up ya and be positive. We need to be patience for our success.
I'm sure god will save the best for you & you will have your bundle of joy in your arms soon! Jia you!

Sorry for the super long post ya!

@Wanbaby, I feel you too. I just failed my 3rd fresh. I transferred 2 embies, 1 grade 4 day 3 8 cells and 1 grade 3 day 3 7 cells. (KKH's grading 5 for being the best)
Tested postive 4 days before BT & the lines are getting stronger each day. However the night before BT I got a terrible cramps & starts bleeding. On the day of my BT I start passing some clumpy tissues out and instantly I knew it was a gone case for the cycle. True enough my BT came back negative. Arghh it's like so near yet so far. Feeling very sad & so dejected as it is our last chance for our fresh cycle.

Though deep down feeling very sad, surprisingly I did not shed a single tears. Not sure if it's because my tears are dried up or my heart is feeling numb for the number of failures. Really 佩服 to the wonderful strong ladies here for trying for so many rounds. Financially drained, I doubt we will go for another fresh cycle.

It's good that you are still trying naturally and there is a possibility if you getting pregnant.
For my case, I have only one working ovary with 2 swollen tubes cum male issues. So getting preg naturally is definitely very very slim for me. Also, the whole process has strained my hub's confidence in trying naturally. I doubt he will overcome his psychological barrier any sooner. So trying naturally is totally out for me.

I do have 1 golden embie to be freezed.
But it's a grade 4 day 3 4 cells embryo. By right for a day 3 embie, it should be dividing into 8 cells ideally. The embie may not survive the thawing process if we wanna use it in future. It may have chromosome or abnormal issues as it's growing so slowly and might not be implanted even if it survived the thaw.

But being an optimist, I am thinking of transfering this one and only embie next year while I continue to "tiao" my body.
I can't sentence my one and only embie to death for growing at such a slow stated right? Must give it a chance I feel. Who knows this little slow grower will survive the thaw & sticks & grows healthy when transfer back into my womb. I must have confidence in it. Well, no matter what's the outcome, be it a success or failure, at least we did try our best already.

So don't give up ya and be positive. We need to be patience for our success.
I'm sure god will save the best for you & you will have your bundle of joy in your arms soon! Jia you!

Sorry for the super long post ya!
i feel you. i flung 3 tries myself. hugs. u are not alone. lets pray,try our best n hope for e best

Hello all!!!! After spending so much time and finally, i made a decision last Saturday to proceed with IVF @ KKH. I am super scared of the needles and dealing with disappointment. But need to stay positive and stressfree. but i am someone that cannot zen and do nth =X

Waiting for KKH to call me for an appointment, likely to happen next year i suppose.

Hello all!!!! After spending so much time and finally, i made a decision last Saturday to proceed with IVF @ KKH. I am super scared of the needles and dealing with disappointment. But need to stay positive and stressfree. but i am someone that cannot zen and do nth =X

Waiting for KKH to call me for an appointment, likely to happen next year i suppose.
welcome and all the best!
Yes, the queue for fresh cycle is up to Jan / Feb 2017 already.

Back