September 2016 Mummies!

I'm also surprised that I feel calm... I expected to panic at this stage. hehe. In fact, first few months of pregnancy were much more stressful than now, I was so overwhelmed with negative thoughts and "what if"s. And now even if some stupid thought cross my mind, I just brush it off, coz it's impossible to plan and predict everything.

During my last appointment the gynea also did a scan. But she didn't mention the weight. She was only looking for amniotic fluid level, which turned out to be better than during previous scan. So, according to her I can easily relax for another 2 or 3 weeks... I decided to apply ML starting from 26 Sept, which is EDD. And if I accidentally pop earlier, will just shift the date accordingly.

I'm also surprised that I feel calm... I expected to panic at this stage. hehe. In fact, first few months of pregnancy were much more stressful than now, I was so overwhelmed with negative thoughts and "what if"s. And now even if some stupid thought cross my mind, I just brush it off, coz it's impossible to plan and predict everything.

During my last appointment the gynea also did a scan. But she didn't mention the weight. She was only looking for amniotic fluid level, which turned out to be better than during previous scan. So, according to her I can easily relax for another 2 or 3 weeks... I decided to apply ML starting from 26 Sept, which is EDD. And if I accidentally pop earlier, will just shift the date accordingly.

Ya, I think after so many months of being pregnant, we are so ready to "off-load" the package and move on to doing other challenges...hahaha...
Instead of fearing the csect, I'm more overwhelm with the curiosity of how my baby girl looks like...whether she will inherit my hubby's dimples and my double eyelid eyes:p:D
Was asking my hubby if he thinks he will cry the instant he sees the baby, he said yes....I was so surprised by his reply.Thought he will be pretty chill :cool:

Ya, I think after so many months of being pregnant, we are so ready to "off-load" the package and move on to doing other challenges...hahaha...
Instead of fearing the csect, I'm more overwhelm with the curiosity of how my baby girl looks like...whether she will inherit my hubby's dimples and my double eyelid eyes:p:D
Was asking my hubby if he thinks he will cry the instant he sees the baby, he said yes....I was so surprised by his reply.Thought he will be pretty chill :cool:
Haha about the crying part, my hubby and I think we will both cry when we see our baby. We have even been feeling emotional when we see other young babies lately :confused:

I confirm cry. :D I cry every time I see a labour vidoe. hehe. Not sure about hubby. I think he also cry. He keep on saying he can't wait for me to pop, very excited. hehe.

I'm also very curious about the whole thing - how is it gonna start? how will I know that I'm in labour? how will it go? how long? Who he's gonna look like?.... Hubby and I are of different race, so interesting to know whose nose or lips our boy gonna inherit. :D

Dear all, another new week :) I think P3riwinkle will be meeting her baby this week...feeling excited for her. All the best to you P3riwinkle!

Hi P3riwinkle! yes, enjoy your last day! I guess you must be soooo excited.... :)

There are two more weeks to go for me. Maybe even more than that...

Thanks Lititia....Right now having a lot mixed feelings...Not freaking out yet at the moment (probably will be tomorrow).
Now feeling anxious to see baby when she's out, also feeling a bit sad to end my pregnancy (no more feeling baby moving inside me). Was telling my hubby to "enjoy" his last 2 days of applying anti-stretchmarks cream on my bump and to feel the baby's movements on my bump. :p

Hi ladies! Half of September is gone already! How are you?
P3riwinkle must have popped already... :D Hopefully she comes back with good news soon.

My doctor said she may do a cervix check and membrane sweep next week, if I wish. It will be 39w 3d... Not sure if I want it or not.
On one hand, I don't want to disturb my boy too early.
But his weight estimated somewhere between 3 to 3.2kg. Getting heavier. And if I overstay week 41, they will use pitocine to induce, which I don't want... So maybe I should agree to sweep.

So far I don't have any single sign of approaching labour. It feels as if I can be pregnant one more month, easily. heheh. I'm not even tired and I already miss being pregnant, I know I will miss it the moment I pop. hehe. Must enjoy every moment of last days or weeks.

Yeah P3riwinkle should have popped, look forward to hearing from her :D

Lititia, my doctor performed a membrane sweep on me last week during my check up. Honestly, I found it quite uncomfortable. Plus I was bleeding/spotting after. I must say that I wasn't prepared to do it, it was during the check up that the doctor recommended to do it on me. I know how you feel about not wanting to disturb your boy inside, I felt the same too. I suppose the important thing is it is a natural way to trigger the labour process, sometimes it works, sometimes it won't - as long as there is no harm.

My doctor is also wanting to induce me when I overstay week 40. I don't prefer induction but I can see the doctor's point. So yes, must enjoy every moment of our pregnancy now, going to miss it so much!

Yes, I heard that sweep can be very uncomfortable and it not always works for first time mothers. If it didn't lead to labour within 72 hours consider membrane sweep not successful.
But can try to do it again. I feel that it's better and much more natural than induction with pitocine. How many weeks are you already, Elm?

Yeah if it works it's certainly better than induced labour, especially if you are already overdue when you do it since it's a natural way. I am 39+1.

Hi lititia

I am 38+5 too as of today, same as u

Altho this is no 3, still am very nervous! Hopefully it will be a smooth delivery for all of us..

Wonder how all the mommies are doing.. Am 39+4 weeks as of now with no signs of labour anytime soon still feeling nervous..

Hopefully other mommies who have popped are able to share their birth stories.

In the meantime, hope all the mommies who are still counting the days like me will have a safe delivery!

Lititia and Elm... I'm back:D
Motherhood is seriously no joke. But I'm really lucky n grateful to have my mil and my sil's maid helping me to look after the baby in the day while I do night shift.
My husband just returned to work today so I've been managing baby at night by myself as much as possible without disturbing my husband.
My advice:
1. Learn how to swaddle baby properly. Makes baby slps better and easier to breastfeed!
2. Check with lactation consultant during your hospital stay to learn correct latching skills. I'm lucky my baby knows how to latch well (as per what the LC told me). So even thou I may be fumbling to get her to my boobs, she can latch properly after a while. Initial latching is really painful on the nipples thou, prepare nipple cream.
3. Invest in a haaka pump if you are not using a dual pump. Once let-down kicks in, the milk flow is like leaking tap! Once I was so engorged after not pumping for 6-7hrs, I tried latching baby to 1 boob and milk sprayed onto her face while my other boob is leaking n wetting my clotheso_O

Still learning to be a baby whisperer...hopefully I can decipher my baby's morse codes better in time to come.;)

My delivery story via elective csect.

14 Sept 2016
7am Took my breakfast
7.30am Start fasting
10.30am Last ctg and scan at gynae's clinic.
11am - 12pm Did admission into Mt.A
12.30pm Cleared my bowel (applying enema is a bit uncomfortable). Also shaved down there.
1.45pm Pushed into operating theatre
2pm Drip put onto me. Epidural doc tried to locate my spine area to apply epidural, but I was too tensed up. So unknown to me, I was knocked out for a short while. By the time i came to, I was turned onto my back and epidural was already in me:p. Epi doc asked me to pinch myself and let me know what percentage of epidural is working on me.
2.25pm Urinal catheter inserted into me. I felt a bit pain even with epidural. So I told the OT assistant. Think I really have low pain threshold hence I felt the pain even at 80% epi effect.
2.30pm Csect started. I started to sense ant bite pains when incision was made but got used to the sensation after awhile. Epidural side effect set in...I was shivering uncontrollably. Hub came in, sat beside me n held my hand.
2.45pm Epi doc was hovering ard me, telling me they are going to push my bump downwards to get baby out. He also told me can see baby's head already. After 1 big rough push, baby is out.
I started tearing uncontrollably when I heard baby's strong cries. :p Wasn't expecting myself to tear so badly. Maybe the anxiety of the entire pregnancy and csect is finally over, baby is out safe and I started to feel extreme relieve, hence my reaction.
Baby was brought to me and I cried harder once i saw her. The epi doc happily helped us take some family shots (I looked like crap..hahaha).
Hubby followed baby to nursery as instructed while I was stitched up. Afterwards, I was wheeled to my ward. Mt A upgraded me to family suite foc due to renovation noise:p

Baby's birth weight was 2.755kg (w38+5d).
Hope to read about your delivery stories soon Lititia and Elm.

Hi, P3riwinkl3, congratulations!! Wow, I still can't believe how much the life gonna change after baby is out... For now I imagine that taking care of him is not so difficult - just latch and change diapers, what's so difficult? hahah But I guess it's a "little bit" more complicated. :D
Thank you for advice. I have already packed swaddling blankets and now will take the haaka pump too. I'll be staying at my mil place for first week, so better have things ready.

chillea_analu, I'm just like you - same week & day and also no signs... Today I saw the gynea and she said that I'm not dilated yet, though started to efface a bit. So she couldn't make the membrane sweep, coz the cervix is too tight. Moreover my bum is still quite high, baby hasn't engaged yet. What about you? Belly dropped already?
But since the water level and baby is fine, so she said to relax till I'm 41.5 weeks and then have to induce. Gonna have u/s next week to double check that everything is fine. And hopefully I dilate a bit by that time.
Tomorrow is finally my last working day and I will start walking and climbing stairs after that. No point to wait any longer. :) I'm ready to meet my boy.

Hi Lititia

I will be having my next checkup this coming monday at 40+1 weeks and will be going for a scan to check level of amniotic fluid and also for a ctg monitoring for 30min. Thats what the doc said during my last visit on monday. Surprised that doc have not done any vaginal examination on me so am not sure how dilated or effaced my cervix is. Hoping to get some answers this coming checkup. And hoping to know baby's est weight as well.

Really wishing for labour to start naturally. Last time i was induced, ive never felt extreme pain even with epidural. Those forced contractions are really unbearable and it wasnt so bad with my firstborn then even with no epidural.

So hopefully this time round im wishing for labour to progress naturally and that im able to persevere this time round. Cant wait to meet my princess.. Gd luck to me and all mummies who have yet to deliver their bundle of joy and congratulations to those mummies who have delivered safely and hope that u will have a speedy recovery!!

Hi all, I am back and have delivered my baby in the weekend via natural birth with epidural. Delivered baby at 39+3weeks :D Contraction pains started the night before and by morning I was admitted into hospital - 4cm dilated then. I must say that contraction pains were quite unbearable o_O I could only begin to relax a little after epidural was inserted which then led to full dilation. This is really an unforgettable experience.

I am currently busy with baby caring and still learning to settle in a routine - especially breastfeeding. My milk is only starting to come in now so not much yet. Yes as P3riwinkle says, be prepared for sore nipples. Initial latching on for me is painful each time. So do prepare nipple cream before baby arrives, it will be useful.

Keep updating this thread as I look forward to hearing all of us giving birth safely and smoothly.
Congratulations P3riwinkle :) and hope all other mummies will deliver soon!

Congratulations, Elm! Great news!
ok, noted about the nipple cream. :) already packed! Did you try to using nipple shields? I've bought them for standby, but heard that some babies reject them.

chillea_analu, wow, so it's your third baby?? At least you know what to expect... :)
I also will have a scan at 40+3 weeks. If everything is fine then, gynea says I can wait another week, which means till October 5. After this if still no show, have to induce. Hopefully my boy will pop by then, I also don't want to induce. I will start to walk more starting this Saturday. And I'm trying to negotiate with my boy to pop early next week. Hopefully he agrees. :)

Congratulations to u too Elm!

Lititia, my mil bought for me nipple shields cos my nipples are a bit short. But when I put them on, my bb rejected...she dunno how to suck. So I just forgo them n latch bb directly. Nipples will be more sore without the shields, esp when the nipples rub against the clothing.

Thanks Lititia and P3riwinkle :)

P3riwinkle, my nipples are also sore from all the feeding. I use a nipple cream called Lansinoh, not sure if it's available there, it does help to soothe and prevent the dryness feeling caused by the nipples rubbing against clothing. It doesn't need to be removed prior to breastfeeding so that's convenient.

Exactly 40 weeks as of today.. yesterday night experienced a bit of wetness on my panties. Cleaned up and wore a pad to keep track of the colour and if theres any blood. No contractions at all and the colour is slightly clear, with a slight yellowish and pinkish tinge. Tried to calm down and sleep it off and this morning started feeling contractions on and off, and not regular at all. Called the delivery suite and they told me that it is just the mucus plug and i do not have to come down to the hospital yet, except when i feel stronger and more regular contractions, or when i feel a gush or trickle of warm liquid coming out. Should i be concerned? This is my 3rd preg yet im unsure abt this if its just my mucus plug or waterbag breaking. My pad isnt soaked at all, just the occasional mucus-y discharge coming out.

chillea_analu, I guess if there are no contractions or the water hasn't broke, then nothing to worry about, just wait. My gynea told me to come only if water breaks or contractions is 5 mins apart for 1 hour. Otherwise they will send me home.
So far I don't have any signs, except suddenly got quite sharp ligament pain where legs attached to the body. Now walking has become quite a burden.
Nevertheless I have tried to walk about 5km today to help the baby engage. Not sure if it worked. The ligaments pain is quite bad, but no other labor signs yet. Except that I also feel like I got more watery discharge, but not sure if it means anything. So, waiting game continues.
And I also was quite moody lately, even though there were no mood swings throughout the whole pregnancy. Easily get irritated and cried a few times without any reason. Possibly another weird labor sign?? :)

Hi Elm, I also got Lansinoh. Hopefully it helps.
P3riwinkl3, I got nipple shields for standby, but also not sure if baby gonna like it. Well, at least I have piece of mind that I'm prepared. hehe.
Thanks for sharing your experience, ladies.

Hi all.. have safely delivered my bb girl @2243 hrs at exactly 40 weeks. Although my water bag is not broken yet, the contractions although irregular were too intense that i decided to come down to the hospital to check things out. Felt that i had nothing to lose and also scared that i would be too dilated and not being able to use epidural as planned

Upon reaching at 4pm, the contractions were getting stronger but were irregular still. Doc have me checked and told me that im already 4cm dilated. Quickly requested for epidural to be administered.

Once epidural is in, i relaxed further. Can still go to sleep to reserve my energy for the pushing part. Thank god for epidural! But i was starting to shiver already, can get really uncontrollable due to it being one of the side effects of using epidural. Had to switch sides lying on my side to even out the medication so that both sides feel numb equally.

Nurse came in to check at 10pm and told me i was already 10cm dilated and asked if i can start pushing. At this stage, i felt no pain, very relaxed so decided to have a go at it. Very anxious to meet baby.

So after ard 4 pushes, i met my bb girl for the first time and have truly enjoyed my birth process this time round. Less pain, less screaming and baby was out faster than i imagined and at exactly 40 weeks. So now at 2am just got to the ward, and off to sleep now. Very tiring lah.. to all the other mummies, jiayou!!
ImageUploadedByForum1474827096.615214.jpg

chillea_analu, congratulations! So happy to see another mummy has popped safely :D Good that your baby arrived only with 4 pushes. Rest well for now :)

chillea_analu, congratulations!!! Looks like it was quite fast labor and ur bb girl is so punctual! ☺
maybe now is my turn, coz hv been cramping since yesterday evening. Apparently long walk did work. However contractions are quite irregular for now, my midwife told me to call her only when they are 3-4 mins apart. So maybe tonight or tomorrow... ☺

Congrates chillea_analu!

Lititia, just FYI. One of the mummies in the FB grp had experienced pains at the area where the legs connect to the torso.

In her words (I copied and paste): "Been having contractions, back ache and aches at the top of my thighs (abit hard to explain - it's the joint between leg and torso?) since yesterday. It's not massively painful. I can still walk n talk through it. Just very uncomfortable."

In the end, those were signs of labour and she had been labouring for awhile without realizing.
So just monitor your pains and discomforts. If in doubt, just head to hospital to check it out to be safe.
Good luck...can't wait to hear about your water birth if everything goes as plan! :D

Thank u mummies!

Yes what periwinkle said was correct. I was having irregular contractions, maybe ard 2-3 within an hr. called the delivery suite 2 times and they told me same thing that 'its just the mucus plug coming out' and to wait it out until contractions become regular. I decided i cant wait any longer cos altho irregular but pain was unbearable. When i came down found out im already 4cm dilated. What if i had waited it out till the contractions become regular?

Somehow go with ur instinct. No harm done coming down to the hospital to get things checked out. I wish u a safe delivery and may u meet ur bundle of joy very very soon ya? Jiayou!

Thank you ladies.
Yeah, I'm trying to follow my instincts, but because it's my first time, so not sure what to expect.
Now the pelvic pain (where the legs attach to body) nearly gone and the contractions are very irregular. Confusing... They started at 6-7min at night, but now can be anywhere from 3 to 20 mins. However, it seems that they are getting more painful, the back pain is quite strong. Sometimes I think why the hell I want to do it naturally... hahaha...
I heard that early labor for FTM can last not just for hours, but for days... Not sure if it's my case.

Anyway, I'm gonna call the midwife and see what she says.

Hi Mummies!

We are from Little Angel's Closet.

Feel free to browse our collection of baby and children clothes from Japan.

We are also pleased to inform you that we are having sale on Diaper Cover now.

diaper cover promotion.002.jpeg

http://www.littleangelscloset.com/

Hope to be of your service and have a pleasant day ahead!

Regards,
Little Angel's Closet

Morning, Ladies!
so sorry for late update.
My baby-boy is one week old already today, delivered 27 september.
Unfortunately, cannot tell you anything about the waterbirth experience, coz I ended up with emergency c section.
My labor was so weird (from my point of view!) - it didn't follow any books or videos I watched. :D

So, from Sunday evening and whole Monday I was having irregular but painful contractions (all the pain was in the back and butt). Emma Care, who i engaged, said that no point to come, coz apparently this is early labor and I will be either sent home (if no dilation) or admitted to normal ward for monitoring, which I also don't want. So I stayed home. But they told me to monitor baby moves and watch out for anything abnormal. So, Tuesday night I suspected baby moves less and also I was so tired of not knowing what's going on and how far I was in labor, so decided to go hospital anyway, whether they want to see me there or not. :D

4am we arrived, midwife checked and I was 4cm dilated, surprisingly. But seeing the nature of my contractions (still far and irregular) they suggested I go to normal ward to wait. But I simply cannot, coz every contraction I cannot lay, cannot sit, only rush toilet, coz it felt like a major poop coming. So we stayed in delivery suit all the way.

Eventually back pain become very bad, I asked for epidural. All "natural labor" plans gone, apparently I overestimated my pain tolerance. :D

With epidural I dilated to 6cm and stopped there. The contractions were same as the day before - too far apart, and not strong enough. So we wait and wait and wait. Fortunately, with epidural I managed to have a long sleep and felt well rested afterwards. Long story short - I have never dilated more than 6cm. And the baby was not fully engaged even at that stage. So, 5pm (12 hours after check in) doctor suggested that we consider c-section. I must say the doctor was really supporting of natural and gave me plenty of time to try it on my own, but nothing helped. And at that time I was soo impatient to see the baby!
So, finally 7.10pm baby boy arrived via csec.

The baby is perfectly fine, not distressed at all. Apparently he was simply too comfortable in there. :)
He is such a perfect boy - sleeps, eats and poops all day long. :))

And how are you doing, mummies? Must be quite busy now, huh? I have to feed him every 1-2 hours, so no much rest in between. :)
How's your breastfeeding?
Elm, thanks a lot of checking on me. :)

Congrats Lititia! glad to know ure doing well..

Btw wanna ask mummies here if ure formula feeding. Which brand did u give ur bb? My girl was given s26 at nuh. When i got back, i gave her enfamil. Her poo will be yellow and seedy like. I asked the nurse during the jaundice check if its normal poo or constipation and she said its ok and its fine for baby to poop 5-6 times per day

But since yesterday noticed that bb drank less milk and and her poo was a bit hardened. So i just bought s26 to be tried on to bb later.. crossing my fingers that she will accept s26 just like in the hospital.

Pls share with me ur input mummies.. would really help a lot.☺️☺️

Congratulations Lititia and thanks for sharing your birth story. Glad to hear you have delivered your baby boy safely. No matter natural, c-sec or water birth, most important is safe delivery of our precious one.

I am still in confinement, feeding and caring for my baby. I don't know whether it's hormonal but I have been feeling quite emotional lately. I miss my hubby a lot when he is at work, I even tear when he leaves in the morning and when I see him in the evening. I also feel quite overwhelmed whenever baby cries. All day I just feed and settle baby to sleep, feel like that's all I do each day. My confinement nanny helps out but the bulk of baby caring is done by me. Anyone feels the same?

Chillea_analu, I am breastfeeding my baby so can't help with your query. My baby does have about 6-7 wet nappies per day.

Congratulations Lititia! As long as both baby and you are ok, whatever the delivery method is fine...Don't take it too hard if the delivery plan didn't turn out the way you wanted.

chillea_analu, I do mix feed for my baby (fm supplement bm cos my pumping frequency cannot catch up to baby's feeding times). I also chose S26 at the hospital since I gave birth. Now I'm still feeding baby with the same tin of S26. So far baby's poo is sometimes soft, sometimes seedy......but I have not observed if the state of the poo is related to S26. As long as baby is pooing, not diarrhea, I'm not so worried.

Elm, u r not alone. I'm also pretty emotional these days too. Especially during my night shifts when I cannot settle baby by myself and baby kept fussing and crying...but I have totally no idea what she wants...I've done all the necessary feeding, diaper change, burping but baby is still fussing. As my hub is working, I really hate it that he has to wake up to help me cos he can tell I'm losing it. I broke down 3 times since baby came...abt once a week I will have a breakdown, latest occurrence was last night. Hub is really worried I may get post natal depression. I also feel bad that my hub can't get enough slp before heading to work...at least I got to rest in the day when my mil and maid take over. I'm also quite reluctant for hub to go for his night kopi breaks...somehow I think baby will start fussing when she's alone with me and I get phobia. So hub has reduced his supper sessions. Another trigger point for me is when I think about "Why the heck I give birth?", "How my life have changed after baby came along?","Why did we put ourselves thru these?"....a lot of negative thoughts now. :(

P3riwinkl3, I know exactly how you feel. I have been the same, I take care of the baby myself for the most of daytime, and nighttime I have hubby to take care with me. I find it very difficult to settle her to sleep on my own. She will cry and fuss as she can't fall asleep and then leads to over tiredness = even more crying :( I do not know what to do. I have been tearing here and there whenever my hubby leaves for work, but yesterday I had a breakdown...when my hubby came home I just cried and told him how I felt. He was very comforting but the thought of going through it all again each day just made me cry again. I really don't know if this is hormonal, I would hope so cause it's worrying to feel this way :(

Last edited:

Elm, I think u shld look for external help if possible..be it relative or hired help. Facing a baby 24hrs a day is no joke...mentally and physically very draining. It makes matter worse if u r not getting any rest at all. Try to get help so that u can get a few hrs a day away fr baby to rest and recharge yourself. Talk to experienced mummy friends if possible too...see if they can help u to understand baby's cues better.

Back