2016/07 July babies

Is there a growth spurt at week 10-12? I realized my LO is able to finish 110 ml in a feed when she only drinks ard 70-80ml for the past 2 weeks..

There should be a growth spurt around 3 months... My baby has been behaving weirdly these 2 weeks.

Used to be able to sleep 4.5hrs stretch at nite, now back to 3hrly...

Tonite is bad, just 2hrs... And he doesn't drain my boobs well. I am also too tired to pump due to frequent wakings. Hope it is really growth spurt and he will be back to normal soon... Going back to work in 3 weeks+ time...

Hi all, I am still alive.

I put Baby to sleep at about 8.30pm (earlier than the usual 9ish) because the little one cry until voice hoarse Liao. I crawled out to have dinner at 9pm and returned to the tilam by 9.45pm. As every hour and second ticked by, I cat nap and peeped at my hp to check time. I was in somewhat a dilemma - don't know when is an optimal time to pump out because it was my first try and I had no idea what to expect later on.

Finally at 1.55am, I think my boobs are getting real hard so I went to my master bedroom to pump before mastitis and more inflammation set in. I was again in dilemma. To pump empty or pump out for comfort. Fortunately, I just pumped enough to release the pressure. Little one cried out loud at 2.20am. So I took about 15mins -20mins to change diaper and latch feed and pat to sleep. Little one showed a contented face and dozed off. I immediately wiped mouth and place back to the cot.

I expected worse outcomes. Just a few more hours before the day breaks And I think I won today (score 1-0) Though it is not a total STTN, I think it is already quite a major achievement. this may just half a night and may not be representative of the norm, but I will press on. Slowly, I will move to sleep back in the master bed room.

Just to share : I am not too sure if the little one was too tired from day time's crying and resistance against the cot or placing the baby in a swaddle helps. I had earlier purchased a Swaddle Me* from taobao which I thought was a complete waste of money as my little one loves to break free from blankets and normal cloth swaddles. Apparently, there were less 'frights' while sleeping when the hands are tied to the body.

*The summer brand SwaddleMe thingy works like an envelope where you slot your baby's feet in and use Velcro to secure the arms.

Speaking about Pokemon, the craziest thing I did recently was to leave baby with my mum and went Pokemon hunting with my dad.

Not that I am a fan - but my dad is addicted to the game. I happened to be riding his car and was taught how to collect items at pokestops and catch pokemons on the spot. We spent a good 2-3 hours out which helped me to relax a bit. It is also a special bonding session for both my dad and I.

any mummies co-sleeping with baby? And co-sleeping meaning putting baby in between?

It has been quite a breeze for us since I can easily direct latch the little one and all of us get decent sleep at night. However, My husband wanTs the little one to be more independent. He wanna try to start training the little one to sleep alone in cot at night. Thinking whether we should let the little one stay in own room or sleep in our room.

Now that little one is still considerably young, it might be easier to make the change. Can share experience and views? How long does the transition period typically take?

My BB sleeps on his own room since day 1. Initially with confinement lady, so I get to rest. After she leaves he continues to sleep there. Did that with no1 too... HB and I prefers our privacy...

Once no1 was teething and cried in the night. Brought him into our room to get a few more hours of sleep. But sleep was very bad as he moves in between us. One night and I buay tahan alr. So end up I go over and sleep with him on floor mattress and sneak back when he is asleep. Although move here move there but I sleep better. Same for HB...

Reactions: KWL
Hi redvel, my PD told me Friso don't have DHA. Maybe u wanna try mamil or nan. I heard nan taste quite good too.

Nan supposedly taste closest to BM... I also heard Friso has a lot of sugars.

I use Mamil with no1, cos nurses gave Mamil when he was hospitalised for jaundice and also because Mamil gave me a tin 800g to sample. I started by mixing fm with ebm and reducing ebm (cos reducing pumping and weaning)...

No2 I also give Mamil and he doesn't reject during the first 2 weeks.

@redvel My boy drinks Friso Milk, cause I see my SIL fed her son this since birth so I also follow her. He didn't reject the milk when we gave him his first taste in hospital so even when we're back I also bought a can of Friso for backup.

@emk Don't have DHA? Hmmm, I thought DHA is the basic ingredient of all FM? Anyway, under the ingredients DHA is inside. ;)
Oh I just did a quick check online and there is DHA in Friso but lesser as compare to enfa, Friso 4.6 per 100ml and enfa 11.5per 100ml.

So far maybe the ridwind works. She hasn't been really fussing on feedings since back from Pd. But can't be working so fast right? In anyway, Hope I'm not jinxing it. I also hope don't need to change milk. I like Enfamil.

:) maybe it really does work so fast haha~

Woke up by my boy, his breathing damn loud. Found a big and sticky pisai *gosh!* early in the morning need to help him suck out o_O

Bubbles has been right finicky this week. Gnawing at her fist, not licking nor sucking. Drooling, saliva bubbles and a little bit more bitey while nursing - a habit I thought she kicked a while after I stopped supplementing with fm. And constant fussing. I checked her gums, can't see any emerging teeth but the 2 dashes on her lower jaw are becoming more prominent. And she feels slightly feverish to me, even though thermometer indicates otherwise.

As I type, she is gnawing at my boob and I keep having to remind her not to. Augh. Colic & teething together?!? Challenge accepted!(more like wtf bopian liow)

Yeah, ridwind works rather quickly if the problem is gas...Dr told me biogaia is more for diarrhoea and to regulate bowels. Out of sheer desperation I put her back on ridwind (thought it hadn't worked before, but maybe that was just growth spurt week) and she slept better last night phew. Still very gassy at 5am tho.

Hasn't been logging on here after the delivery of my boy.apparently my boy has teething symptoms too so I check online n it says teething symptoms may appear 2-3 months before r tooth erupts.my boy turns 3 months recently , guess I will see his pearly whites in a few months time

Wanna ask huh.

Our baby is 3month old when she hits 12weeks or when it's exactly like my case on 1Oct when she was born 1july?

Wanna ask huh.

Our baby is 3month old when she hits 12weeks or when it's exactly like my case on 1Oct when she was born 1july?
I go by the month n day, when arranging for immunization they oso go by the birth month n day to schedule

Wanna ask huh.

I'm also confused by this, the nurse during her 1st mth checkup and vaccination told me to download an app that counts by weeks...but I count by month/day

I'm also confused by this, the nurse during her 1st mth checkup and vaccination told me to download an app that counts by weeks...but I count by month/day
Which app? I'm interested .. Too lazy to manually go count by weeks haha

I revisited my pregnancy app, babycenter, and although it doesn't count baby's age in weeks (favours month&wk1-4 format), I hadn't realized it gave weekly activity tips and baby progress info! Gonna do some reading and catching up!

I use baby major steps cos it was the first few popped up in my Google play store lol
Oh thanks but can't find in App Store, nvm I go search :)
Just back from clinic Coz my baby face really messed up. Rashes &Eczema on his face. I though just rashes but PD said is eczema .. Anyway just sharing from what I get to know from PD. My baby like to suck his fist then rub all over his face, and I let my baby wear mitten during night Coz he sleep in aircon room. PD advice not to let him wear mitten as it will make his face get worse and he said baby will not feel cold without mitten. Cradle cap ..clear and come again .. PD said just leave it, don't need to apply anything. When baby grow older it will auto gone. Dry lip- PD said becoz baby like to play with their saliva that's why cause the dry lip, dry lip doesn't mean baby is dehydrated. Can apply nipple cream on it. He also mention now my baby 2 months plus, which have pass the stage of no water. Can start to introduce a little bit of water. Flat head .. He said later stage the inner of the head growing will push the flat head out. He also advice to let him do more tummy time now, when he grow older where he can sit then let him sit more.
if any mummies facing the same problem as me, hope the above help to answer your queries :)

Now all four of us are sleeping in the same room...number 2 in baby cot, number one with us on the bed..we kena all the kungfu kicks n boxes as number one can go from vertical to horizontal ...
She is 5 plus and we are not successful in making her sleep in her own room. I m thinking of shifting number 2 out earlier when she can sleep through the night...can't imagine four of us on one bed...even king size also no use!
Same as u. No.1 co sleep with us like spider lo. No 2 in playpen. Moving hse soon hopefully can transfer no1 to sleep on her own bed in her own room with nos.2

Oh thanks but can't find in App Store, nvm I go search :)
Just back from clinic Coz my baby face really messed up. Rashes &Eczema on his face. I though just rashes but PD said is eczema .. Anyway just sharing from what I get to know from PD. My baby like to suck his fist then rub all over his face, and I let my baby wear mitten during night Coz he sleep in aircon room. PD advice not to let him wear mitten as it will make his face get worse and he said baby will not feel cold without mitten. Cradle cap ..clear and come again .. PD said just leave it, don't need to apply anything. When baby grow older it will auto gone. Dry lip- PD said becoz baby like to play with their saliva that's why cause the dry lip, dry lip doesn't mean baby is dehydrated. Can apply nipple cream on it. He also mention now my baby 2 months plus, which have pass the stage of no water. Can start to introduce a little bit of water. Flat head .. He said later stage the inner of the head growing will push the flat head out. He also advice to let him do more tummy time now, when he grow older where he can sit then let him sit more.
if any mummies facing the same problem as me, hope the above help to answer your queries :)
Sorry to hear about your baby's woes, and thanks for the share! Be assured, they are common, bubbles has gone through exact same issues! I didn't know about the water, whenever I see her lips a bit dry I offer her nipple lol.

Here's what I have experienced....she also has eczema since both hb and I have family history of asthma, and thus skin conditions. The key thing for eczema is hydration and moisturization - for her face today I decided to try the baby sebamed protective facial cream sample I got from KKH, i applied it after her morning wipedown with cool boiled water (I don't like to bathe her too often, dries out skin) , and it cleared by late afternoon. This was on bumpy dry, almost flaky skin that persisted for 2 days, I was tempted to use my fbm since it's almost 3 mths and about to expire....but forgot to being it into the bathroom earlier LOL anyway bm might not be a good idea, since I think it might be the cause of some of her face/neck rash when I don't wipe her thoroughly enough after feeds.

For cradle cap, she got it mainly on her ears and eyebrows, since it's just mummy hormones exiting the baby, I didn't do much, but apply j&j baby lotion and let sit for a few mins before wiping off with cotton pad cos I detest the earwaxy smell. :X

Weather v hot lately, so I keep her cool under ceiling fan. Besides, she complains if I hold her too long. Both of us get sweaty damn fast hehe.

Emk thanks for sharing. Hope emk-junior gets well very soon. What did Pd prescribe?

I was at Pd yesterday too. Yes she says can give water (I cannot get rid of the white thingy on LO tongue). I tried but LO doesn't like it. I also got a bottle of Appleton infant vitamin and gosh baby hates it like mad. One drop into her mouth she shivers and spits out and cries and her hands rub all over her mouth and face. I think I shall drink it instead haa.

I'm also concerned on the flat head. Bought some baby contour pillows for her to try.

Last edited:
My bb flat is in front one, not at the back, so when I asked the Dr, she said it is prob due to bb position in the womb, and should outgrow it as it isn't v obvious. She encouraged me to continue babywearing and increase tummy time (hence my fixation) as this allows the baby's skull to round out more naturally, and prevent the back from being flat.

Yea I also tried giving water to my baby in a bottle but he doesn't like it, he use his tongue to push it out. So I feed him water with tea spoon.
Pd give two type of cream, physiogel
ImageUploadedByForum1474634249.310896.jpg
moisturizer for eczema( red patch with many small dots) another is anti fugal cream for affect area (the affected area look like a circle with red frame and white inside)

Snowfern you were saying bubbles threshold is 2 mins on tummy time. Mine also. She lost it after 2mins. How I play with her also no use.

My baby ok with tummy time but his saliva like running water tap .. Drop on the playmat and he rest his face on it. Omg .. His head very round when just born but he likes to sleep on the right side so the right side is flat now ... I try to turn his head to the left but he knew it so he press his head very hard on the right side, don't let me move. I also try to do it when he sleep deeply, but only last for 5 mins .. He turn to the right side again

Likewise she has a preference to look right so I need to tilt her to lay on more left side. She also very stubborn ; doesn't wanna comply. I try shift her or move the hanging mobile in her cot thinking that she will look left but she still prefers to stare blank on right. And now that she sucks pretty much only her right hand, her head also tilts right while feasting.

One way i do is roll a diaper cloth and stuff it under her right head and right shoulder so that she'll be tilted to the other side. But also can't last long as she breaks free after awhile.

My bb only tilts her head to the right almost all the time. Was plng to ask the pd if it's of any concern since I've never encountered this before. But since some of the babies here have a preference for a particular side also, I feel much better.

@redvel - mine can also tahan max 2 mins on tummy. She just refuses to do much other than lift head a bit before flopping onto her cheek, there she'll stay until her threshold is reached and the yelling begins. Hub says her cheeks and chin too heavy.

Bubbles also favoured the right side when she was born, but I had a sec sch friend who told me she had to have a muscle surgically released cos of this, and thus had difficulty turning her head at certain angles, and also read that if we let bb sleep only one side, not only flat head, some of the neck muscles would turn hard and painful over the months. So I forced her by propping towel slightly under her right shoulder blade so she sleeps somewhat on her side facing left. Of course met resistance, but since she was only 3 weeks then, she no choice....when she was able to turn her head I would side feed her on her left so again, offset her fondness for right. Now she ok, seems to have no more tightness or resistance either ways.

As for tummy time, wah, is it only the girls that seem more bothered? I am now trying new ways suggested by babycenter, instead of my usual flat on my chest/belly, I propped her on her elbows, which are angled right under her about 90 deg. Still only like 2 mins, but at least she was cooing and babbling for a bit before full blown wailing in a split second -_-" couldn't do it a 2nd time after tho, she's on to me!

Last edited:
Also the issue for us is both me and husband we carry her over our left shoulder. Meaning she is facing back, and she will tend to be looking to her right. Therefore couple wks ago we changed to carrying her over our right shoulder instead. Indeed she starts to turn to her left. But the transition for us abit clumsy since it's not our dominant side.

Also the issue for us is both me and husband we carry her over our left shoulder. Meaning she is facing back, and she will tend to be looking to her right. Therefore couple wks ago we changed to carrying her over our right shoulder instead. Indeed she starts to turn to her left. But the transition for us abit clumsy since it's not our dominant side.
Sounds good! Yeah, it's tricky, ganbatte~! I also always worry about dropping her when I carry her on right, but I do so cos left arm tired liow and she has always been a sticky baby....good news is my biceps are beginning to show, HA!

So right is the common favorite side for babies...same for number 2. Always turning her head to right and sucking right hand... Today caught her staring at her right clenched fist...n then she slowly open n close the hand. She has discovered her hand!

Btw mummies does your LO play with saliva? Mine is blowing bubbles today as she stared at her hand

So right is the common favorite side for babies...same for number 2. Always turning her head to right and sucking right hand... Today caught her staring at her right clenched fist...n then she slowly open n close the hand. She has discovered her hand!

Btw mummies does your LO play with saliva? Mine is blowing bubbles today as she stared at her hand
Yea mine is saliva boy that's why got eczema on his face and dry lip haha he enjoys blowing bubbles, used to suck his thumb but now he upgrade Liao .. Suck his index and middle finger then go rub his face.

Mine always blowing bubbles! Quite like her nickname lol. But I don't think she has figured out her hands yet, except for her constant gnawing on her fist and forearms when I am trying to burp her. :-/

She is quite a chatty one though, it can get quite amusing how we hold "conversations"...also love how she mimics my mouth shape and eyebrow raises kekeke

Hi all, I am still alive.

Just to share : I am not too sure if the little one was too tired from day time's crying and resistance against the cot or placing the baby in a swaddle helps. I had earlier purchased a Swaddle Me* from taobao which I thought was a complete waste of money as my little one loves to break free from blankets and normal cloth swaddles. Apparently, there were less 'frights' while sleeping when the hands are tied to the body.

*The summer brand SwaddleMe thingy works like an envelope where you slot your baby's feet in and use Velcro to secure the arms.

Yes, if the hands are not secure to the body, the baby is more prone to moro reflexes which causes the baby to be disturbed from his sleep. It is also harder to fall asleep this way. Most swaddles out there have sizes and it has caused me alot of trouble as well, as i need to keep changing to bigger one after the baby has grown up. For me luckily i found this swaddle called swaddletots, saved me so much trouble, it is literally so fitting for my baby, the velcro is very special and can fit all kind of sizes of baby from birth to 5 months. Love the pattern as well! Go check it out and let me know how is it. cheers :) swaddle.sg

Reactions: KWL
Just had a scare. Side fed bubbles as it was her bed time (9pm), and she was especially hungry....so after about half hr she unlatched.....and promptly merlions what seems like half a litre of milk, some through her nostrils. I had already gotten up in preparation to burp her, so she didn't get much on either of us...she did cough a bit...I was so worried she would inhale the milk but soon after, she started grinning and cooing while I was gently berating her for scaring me, and asking her if she was ok.

So I clean up the bedding, and about 10 mins later, she's hungry again. So I side feed her again, and 10mins later, as I put her gently on my shoulder, again merlion down my back.

Looks like night feeds will have to be vertical today :(

Just had a scare. Side fed bubbles as it was her bed time (9pm), and she was especially hungry....so after about half hr she unlatched.....and promptly merlions what seems like half a litre of milk, some through her nostrils. I had already gotten up in preparation to burp her, so she didn't get much on either of us...she did cough a bit...I was so worried she would inhale the milk but soon after, she started grinning and cooing while I was gently berating her for scaring me, and asking her if she was ok.

So I clean up the bedding, and about 10 mins later, she's hungry again. So I side feed her again, and 10mins later, as I put her gently on my shoulder, again merlion down my back.

Looks like night feeds will have to be vertical today :(

Yes better hold upright even after feeding tonight.

Yes better hold upright even after feeding tonight.
Yeah, every feed since week 6?7?? I have had to hold her upright after each feed for min 15 mins...the night ones are especially difficult...last night I practically slept from 3-7 am on the nursing chair with her over my shoulder in burping position as she was more gassy than usual, even after ridwind. Sigh. I've already cut out dairy, corrected her latch, burped her at least twice after each feed + upright position min 15 mins...she refuses gripe water...I just have to keep reminding myself, 6 more weeks to go and she should get over this colic.....-grits teeth-

@snowfern hope bubbles is ok ....merlion episodes are scary..I have a couple of such episodes with number 2, where she has milk coming from her mouth and nose....really scare me

@snowfern jiayou! It's quite scary to see baby merlion :(

Anyway, I just started feeding my boy gripe water. MIL bought and asked to feed him after his morning bath. Initially had trouble feeding him using a syringe, splitted out. I guess the taste is different from my BM. Tried again for a few days, and now he will use his tongue and play with it before swallowing. I think he's slowly learning to taste things beside milk.

Can't wait for him to turn 6 months and start on some semi solids. Gotta have fun cleaning him up :rolleyes:

@snowfern jiayou! It's quite scary to see baby merlion :(

Anyway, I just started feeding my boy gripe water. MIL bought and asked to feed him after his morning bath. Initially had trouble feeding him using a syringe, splitted out. I guess the taste is different from my BM. Tried again for a few days, and now he will use his tongue and play with it before swallowing. I think he's slowly learning to taste things beside milk.

Can't wait for him to turn 6 months and start on some semi solids. Gotta have fun cleaning him up :rolleyes:
Bubbles detests gripe water and ridwind, often will throw tantrum and spit or push out with tongue, be it syringe or spoon or cup. Siong. Maybe I will try again next week....

Will you be doing baby led weaning?

For ridwind I add to milk. She is oblivious to it. Maybe can try?

I only have big challenge on the Vit drops.

Bubbles detests gripe water and ridwind, often will throw tantrum and spit or push out with tongue, be it syringe or spoon or cup. Siong. Maybe I will try again next week....

Will you be doing baby led weaning?

Yup, might be going for the TMC weaning talk. They also got talk about the kind of food to feed baby :)

Back