Dr Kenneth Lee or Dr Kang Wee from Mt.A

aprilcheong

Hi ladies, I am currently in my 9th week of pregnancy and am considering seeing one of the above 2 doctors in mt alvernia. This would be my #1 although not my first pregnancy. Currently I'm leaning more towards Dr Kenneth Lee as I understand he has night clinics while Dr Kang Wee only sees during office hours.

I'm hoping if any mummies-to-be currently seeing these 2 doctors can advise me on their packages/charges and waiting time for their appointments. Any other feedback would be greatly appreciated as well! Thanks!
happy.gif

Hi April, I'm with Dr Kang Wee and would strongly recommend her.

Her waiting time is rather short (i.e. if your appt is at 10am, the max i've waited is 15-20min past appt time). Of course that is excluding when she has emergency deliveries which the clinic will call you once they are alerted and will postpone your appt.

If your company is flexible, you can take a late/early lunch to see her and head back to the office, or she can give MC on her check-ups too if you let her know you are unable to take leave.

The other alternative is to make an appt on Saturdays, but usually it may be more packed on Saturdays.

Hope it helps! Congrats!
happy.gif

each visit abt $100+, unless you doing special scans/tests

her multi-vits/ supplements are optional too, so if u prefer to buy on your own it's ok
happy.gif

what i like is really short waiting time and dedicated attention.

Thanks skyblue. I have decided to go to dr kenneth lee clinic. As I read on other thread. He is not rushing his patients. Causemy previous gynae didnt rush her patients too. I would love to go back to her. But she doesnt do delivery outside gleneagles. This time I want to deliver at mt alvernia.

i just switch gynae from dr Kang Wee. She kept sending us to CTG scan and commented my wife belly is not soft, how soft can a 34 weeks pregnant belly be? Even when CTG scan show no contraction, she still want to admit us to hospital. Since we dont want to be admitted, she order a strict bed rest.

When seeking 2nd opinion, there is no need to be so alarmed... were told to just take it easy, no need for strict bed rest

Last edited:
A matter of fairness to Dr Kang Wee.

In 2005, no gynae (so called good ones) could cure my fungus infection problem which I spent more than $1.5k over 3 mths. Then I decided to go KKH to seek help. I was allocated to Dr Kang Wee who was the Senior Consultant there and she was also the adjunct Professor with NUS. 2 weeks after the first session with her, my suffering was gone! Her prescription was excellent.

Ever since, I was with her. My 1st & 2nd pregnancy ended with miscarriage. She was very encouraging and provided useful advice & references on how to conceive again. Then she delivered my 2 children in 2012 & 2015. She was very experienced to determine what the best treatment was. During the 2 pregnancies, I encountered extreme gastric pain, hypertension, "overly big" fetus and low fluid level which required immediate cesarean. Her treatments were direct and at the best interest of the baby. Her skills were excellent as I didn't feel much pain after both cesareans. She may not be as conversational as other doctors but she will definitely answer any valid query.

I've been through how pregnant women feel, the anxieties, the excitements, the worries, etc. The negative feelings from some mummies probably were only due to a clash in personality. The doctor may not be as lousy as claimed, it is just the patient's expectation level of the doctor's comments is not met.

Anyway, Dr Kang Wee might stop practicing soon as she mentioned about retiring earlier. I am not too sure if it is because someone wrote a formal complaint against her but it is really a pity to lose such a good doctor.

Back