Piano Lesson

Hi, i am looking for a piano teacher to come to my place at punggol to teach my 7yo begineer. Please pm me and many thanks.

Hi,
Any piano teacher with home studio staying west (eg. Bukit Panjang, CCK, Yew Tee) to recommend?

Pls pm me.

Hi
Does anyone knows how I can contact piano jazzy? No longer can assess her blog on multiply. Please pm me if you have her contacts as I wanted to check if she still teaches piano in the East? Thanks.

any comments on suzuki method?
Hello,

From my personal teaching experience, I find that the Suzuki method produces students with magnficent aural skills and technique but they are poor in sight-reading. The Suzuki method is a rote - learning method. Lots of progress seen but not an all-round approach.

Hi all

Can check with you mum, is it a norm that a kid just finished grade 4 pratical last week, and coming grade 4 theory in nov and teacher straightway ask to start grade 6 next month and charged grade 6 rates?thanks
It really depends from teacher to teacher. If she has discussed starting Grade 6 with you and immediately starts teaching Grade 6 material, I guess that is okay. Usually though, I will discuss what I'll be teaching with the parent so they'll understand and agree before I make any fee changes.

Hi Mommies,

Anybody has any recommendation on what brand of piano to purchase besides Yamaha & Kawai? I am looking for a new piano for my son as we do not have any knowledge of finding a good used piano. My budget is not more than $5k. I know my budget is low but I am not sure if my son's interest will last long. Anybody has comments on new piano of brand Atlas or Nordiska?

Thanks!
Hello!

If you don't mind secondhand pianos, or rentingone in the meantime (especially for children who just start learning an instrument) there's a store called MusicLodge that you can check out. :)

Seems like quite a lot of mummies asking for piano lessons and staying in the west. Can i share my experience?

My son started taking piano lessons at 6 years old. Now he's 8.5 and still taking the lessons. Doing very well, as he's already learning how to compose songs. Not difficult classical pieces, mind you, but simple ones. And he really likes it! Am enrolling my daughter as well. I find that this helps them to improve their dexterity and have really deep lasting effect on their brain powers. It's kind of difficult to describe as I am no scientist, but hubby and I can really see the difference. The music school he attends to is a little far for us! We stay in the east, and the Music School at Bukit Timah, but it is well worth it, because the school organises concerts and performances frequently and encourages my boy to perform. At such a young age, we were initially very worried yet excited, but he was able to play solo. Though it's a kid's song and nothing much, but hubby swelled with pride (ok me too) when we saw him on stage first time. At the end of day, I dont't need him to be musician, but a confident all-rounder. I think this piano school does it right. We are enrolling our daughter in Jan.

This music school is called About Music, and is located at Bukit Timah, at the old fire station. I think as compared to the bigger schools like Yamahaa and Cristophori, they add a personal touch. We enrolled in Yamahaa before, but felt that the lessons were very restrained and rigid. The class size is quite big and everyone has to follow the structure, very mechanical. We figured no matter how good the teacher is, he has to follow the lesson plans. After a recommendation, we switched him to About Music music school, and he instantly liked the environment very much. The studio is bight and doesn't have the musty smell. What's more important, the piano teacher is able to build rapport with him quickly and he no longer feels that learning is difficult. On the contrary, he enjoys the lessons and likes it so much that his teacher is able to accelerate the learning for him. We later learnt that the teachers are allowed to fast track or slow down their lesson plans depending on the child's pace and learning progress.

For those interested, here's the website: http://www.aboutmusic.com.sg/courses/piano-lessons
You can call James for a free trial lesson @ 9107 6299. I did.

Hi my daughter's teacher teaches at Holland Village area, as I know she travels only on Saturday (I travel to her place for lesson on Sunday). So far my daughter likes the lesson which makes my son requested to let him try piano (because his violin teacher is too strict). PM me if you want her contact number :)
Also if anyone know "not so strict" violin teacher at Holland Village area. Please PM me the contact!

Anyone interested in group theory class for grade 4 and grade 5? Need 4 students before the class can start. Looking for 3 others to join my child. Location is at Bedok. Please pm me if interested.

Hi,
Recently I enrol my boy in Play by ear Music school. He used to learn piano at Yamaha but he does not like the teacher and hence, gradually lack interest le. I search the web and saw this video

and decided to give this school a try. Currently, 3 lessons were over and my boy seem to show interest in music again. :)

Back