40 and above pregnant club

Hi Rojakz ,
My household is dominated by female hormones , opposite from your household . Kekeke . My girls are 12, 11, 7, 4, 2 . I stayed with my mil and have a maid . So my house noise level is not just marketplace but wholesale one ! lol

When I had my 1st baby and she cried, the whole village came, when 2nd one came and cried, hubby and I will attend to her , when no 3, sigh . No one came , cos all relax one corner liao... Okay , don't ask me about the rest of them .

Lol mambo. I can kinda relate. I've 3 sisters. Im the last to pop. The rest each has a boy and gal. My LO gets the least attention from my parents now.

I see . My brother and his wife also started , they have 2 babies back to back . My elder no 1 and 2 are 11 month apart . It can be very tiring , make sure you take very good care of yourself and sufficient help and rest if you decided to have no 2 shortly .

Redvel,

Kowtow to you, you are such an inspiration. I was just going to throw in the towel and there you are, with your never say die attitude and trying for #2. Jiayou.

Tried so much for #1. I know I'm asking for the sky to be successful on #2. Never try never know. Giving my #1 a sibling is my motivation.

Redvel,

We need to dream big especially for our little ones and I really like your mantra "never try never know". Cheers and I shall not give up too, just try and see if nature will throw a good dice in my favour.

Hi Rojakz ,
My household is dominated by female hormones , opposite from your household . Kekeke . My girls are 12, 11, 7, 4, 2 . I stayed with my mil and have a maid . So my house noise level is not just marketplace but wholesale one ! lol

Wah.... I want to have a girl but i think i'm not fated too... oh well, i guess the grass is greener on the other side. Tbh, when boys fight, it's also just as noisy and my 2 boys now like to fight and hit each other too.. they watch all the cartoon and reenact the fighting scenes you know? sigh...

Tried so much for #1. I know I'm asking for the sky to be successful on #2. Never try never know. Giving my #1 a sibling is my motivation.

Jiayou redvel! can see the difference in having a sibling closer in age. My 2 boys are 3 years apart and they are very close. while my nephew's age gap with his younger sis is 6years. Although single kid is more independent, can see he was quite lonely too actually

Wah.... I want to have a girl but i think i'm not fated too... oh well, i guess the grass is greener on the other side. Tbh, when boys fight, it's also just as noisy and my 2 boys now like to fight and hit each other too.. they watch all the cartoon and reenact the fighting scenes you know? sigh...

Hahaha ! Well , you can alway go for no 3

Redvel u are my role model.

If you had a kid aged 5, will you still try for second one ? Cos my kid keep asking me for it.

But due to endo n adeyomosis I m a high risk case.

Hi dear sunbelle. How are you?

Hmmm I think I will? If my body can la. If Im capable of popping a dozen of kids I will do it. I love the whole experience of pregnancy to taking care of my baby. So far lol.

Wow trying for 4-6 kids. It's really not easy! U mummies are brace. How do u even find time for them. I hv 3 kids! My no 2 n 3 twins just turned 1.5 yo and I already felt I hv neglected them.

Hi all, Im 40 this year and have been trying for 4th one.. I feel that its so hard to get pregnant at my age but then, i see so many of you here all get preg and make me feel not to give up again!

I wld love to hv no 4 too. But my 3 are all so young, 2x1.5yo and a 4yo. N it's really exhausting at this age to take care of babies especially at night.... cannot tahan... I outsourced to my maid... don't think I can take it... lucky she is not bad..

Hi redvel

Happie to see you here :) how is your baby huh?

Anyone know when to see sinseh for acupcupture after your period ?

Sunbelle, my LO is coming 9mths. Actually day in day out so busy with her (other than work), I wonder where has time gone.

I also can't imagine how mummies cope with addition of #2. But I think life has its way. Mummy will rise to the occasion.

Hi redvel,

Enjoy the good bonding. Time flies so fast that my gal is coming 5. Like you I dun noe where my time goes to. day in day out haha

good to be able to have one more sibling for her

Hi all, I am 44 turning 45 this year. Just got cfm that I am 10 weeks preg.
This is totally unplanned and we are now in the state of shock.

I went to see the doctor for a referral thinking that I may be having some other issues, as the home test kit showed neg twice that I had tested.
I am on meds fro hypertension and cholesterol, but was told by doctor to continue with meds till gynae appt next week.

Anyone else out there who is/was pregnant in their mid 40s?

Hi, I am replying to this message 2 years after you had posted. I am in the same boast you were on. I just turned 44 and have tested +ve. But because of my age, my gynea has said it is a high risk pregnancy. If you can share with me your experience, please do.

thanks dorodada.. it's ok.
but if anyone knows of a good Malay womb massage, please do recommend. I'm also ttc-ing for 1st at 41 :( game to try all methods.

thanks~~
I know a Malay lady masseuse who can do fertility massage. Do you still require it?

Hi, I am replying to this message 2 years after you had posted. I am in the same boast you were on. I just turned 44 and have tested +ve. But because of my age, my gynea has said it is a high risk pregnancy. If you can share with me your experience, please do.
Hello Sereney, replying many years after your message as I'm in a similar situation. Am 44 now too and tested +ve. Any ladies in a similar situation? Havent told anyone except hb. Based on rough calculations I'm about 7W. I know many are ttc, sorry, not to be insensitive but frankly I have alot of fear, apprehension and despair due to our situation.. my hb and I are already mid 40s. We will be mid 50s closer to 60 when kid has psle.(!!!) . assuming kid is a neuro typical kid etc can do psle etc. My youngest now is 6 and i was already looking forward to a little bit more freedom and me time..finances will be tricky too bc my hb is currently unemployed and we have no family support. Plus I cannot bear to think of going through another c-section. My previous c-sections were traumatic enough. Sigh. Really feel xian and even angry with myself that this happened although I thought I took precautions. I wish I could turn back time!! I actually thought I'm already in perimenopausal stage lor..I feel very stuck because I don't think I could bear to go for an abortion, but the prospect of starting from scratch buying everything again is really very daunting and scary to me.
Once again, apologies if I'm upsetting anyone with this post. Just to get it off my chest as I really haven't shared this with anyone but think about it practically 24/7.. you know, if any of my friends told me she was preggers at 44, I would be so happy for her and feel like it's God's miracle against the childbearing odds and that God will make a way when there seems to be no way ..but somehow when it's myself in the same situation I can't convince myself with the same positivity as all I can foresee are the challenges and struggles.

Last edited:

Back