2016/07 July babies

@snowfern - your poonami stories always crack me up! :D

Is anyone using the Tula carrier? Do u use the infant insert? I don't, but can't help thinking if it's OK, because bb's legs are opened very wide inside.
Can we use without insert? My baby neck still not firm enough.....

Thinking of using but not sure.

I have the babasling, after watching YouTube still don't know how to babywear her ...bleh

Gan, yes the IFC sterilizes bottles and they also wash bb backside when they poo.

Does this formula apply to your baby? 75ml of milk for every pound. That's what I read from Internet. My bb is almost 11pound so that works out to be 800ml a day. As a guide. But most days she only can hit 650ml or less. Occasionally then can drink more than 700ml.

I know this is just a reference as all bbs are different. But I like to hear yours:)
Redvel my gal is about your bb weight and based on yesterday record, she is only taking 700ml...but today pd said her weight gain is ok so I guess no concern. Moreover she is a spitting baby, so not all milk goes to her tummy

@snowfern wah! You are good at bringing bb out! Just 2 days ago, I brought my boy out to NTUC for grocery shopping. He was sleeping in the carrier but suddenly wake up. For awhile he just look around, then suddenly he cried. Can't imagine if my hub haven't came along. A crying baby while pushing the trolley :eek:

I think gotta train him to sleep at crowded places. If not I cannot go out for long next time.
@sarah do you sweat when using carrier ? I used it today for the first time, walk in shopping mall and also walk under the sun too. When I reach home and remove, my shirt on tummy area wet wet and baby also sweating.

@Sa_rahhhh she always cries out of the blue in her sleep one, even in the wrap...is damn scary as if kena bitten by insect or what.

Today in the crowded bus she wailed and I acted calm but inside is big red hot panic till sweat buckets. I just tell her we reaching home soon, pat pat a bit, in the wrap got a lot of sleepydust so she falls back asleep. I already got a bit of thick skin, so is ok, just a bit paiseh lor.

@gan1972 should use the insert if infant neck is not strong enough, and it also prevents suffocation as it boosts the base up so face is visible above carrier. I joined the SG babywearing group on FB, a lot of safety advice and recommendations there!

@emk even tho I only use wraps, which are considered very cool already, with bb right against me is confirm will sweat de. I usually stick a thin hanky or tissue between her face and my chest....and wear very thin tops if I know I will be outdoors for extended periods of time.

@tuna from what I have read, if bb legs are hyperextended means the seat still too wide and can cause problems with the hips.

And your poonami stories also make me LOL! Being a mum now gives me a different appreciation towards toilet humour XD

@tuna, I heard many ppl mention about tula, is Tula good ? What the price range?
I've all along been a ring sling, and Ergo (when bb is six mths) user. But two wks back, I gave in to temptation to get a tula as the designs are so nice. I bought a second hand one from Carousel though, hundred plus bucks, as it's my third bb and I can't justify getting another brand new one. Think a brand new one costs slightly below $300.
It's comfortable, she falls aslp in it a few mins after I put her in, can go grocery shopping, library with her in it. I roll a hanky n tuck it betw her cheek n my chest so her face is not pressed against me. Only concern is the legs having to open quite a bit. From what snowfern shared, I guess I should stop using it till she's bigger.

@gan - I've nvr tried the babasling, I use the ring sling and also hv a balboa sling. Thing about these slings is that you have to keep trying till you get the hang of it. I only truly mastered the ringsling when I had no. 2. Try when bb is in a good mood, and where it's windy (u will sweat the first few times). Be prepared for bb to cry a bit, walk around n pat her gently while u adjust, after a while, u and bb should be able to feel comfortable.

So which is most user friendly and suitable for first few mths? So far I only tried ring sling and hana wrap. The latter I haven't even get the hang of it and I can't really use it anymore because a lot of twisting of hands during putting on that my 妈妈手can't take it.

So which is most user friendly and suitable for first few mths? So far I only tried ring sling and hana wrap. The latter I haven't even get the hang of it and I can't really use it anymore because a lot of twisting of hands during putting on that my 妈妈手can't take it.
I've been intrigued by the K'tan carrier. It is like the hana wrap, without need to tie. Can google it.
Fighting the urge to buy another carrier o_O

My hair hasn't dropped yet, as far as I observed the floor and after wash hair.

Pray pray it will not happen of cos.

@tuna iirc, the FB group recommends getting a 2nd hand insert from carousell for cheap, cos many ppl use it for a few times only then sell off...then again, it is just a few more weeks to go then your bb can probably fit w/o insert liow ^_^

The thing about stretchy wraps is it can last only a few months before the material sags too much from the weight of the baby. My Moby Bamboo already needs constant adjusting and bb about 4.5kgs...much prefer my woven wrap from warabee. It's a great starter wrap, material cool, and rather affordable (starts from around SGD100).

@snowfern oh so it's not my carrier material too thick that cause baby to sweat haha btw I'm using mandura.
@tuna thanks for sharing your experience with Tula,agreed that the design is so nice and colourful. How about your tummy area will get sweat or not?

My bb 90ml FM for 3hrs. Even BM 90ml. I will drag until 2.5hrs. Space out the time. Last feed ard 11pm. Sleep thru until 6/6.30am.
Oh I see, during 11pm -6am did your baby make some noise like eh eh ah ah ? My last feed is 11:30pm and 2:30am he make some noise but not crying. I though that was a sign of crying before he really cry out so I chiong to make milk. When I'm back and saw him sleep deeply, no choice lo but got to carry him up and feed, he will drink finish it.
Some day I did try to bear with this eh eh ah ah sound and it last about 30mins then he start snoring again. Is this a sign of hunger or just part of their sleeping pattern?

I've been intrigued by the K'tan carrier. It is like the hana wrap, without need to tie. Can google it.
Fighting the urge to buy another carrier o_O

I rotate between K'tan and Ergo carrier. Borrow K'tan from a church friend whose bb has outgrown it. K'tan is pretty tight now and my bb is about 5.5kg. BB sleeps better in it compared to Ergo which is still abit loose for him at the moment. Will probably outgrown the K'tan in a few months or weeks...
@snowfern oh so it's not my carrier material too thick that cause baby to sweat haha btw I'm using mandura.
@tuna thanks for sharing your experience with Tula,agreed that the design is so nice and colourful. How about your tummy area will get sweat or not?

I use ergo carrier and will put a folded nappy cloth between bb and I at the tummy area. I'm afraid that adult perspiration might cause reaction to his skin. When my no1 got older, I did away with the nappy cloth.

Oh I see, during 11pm -6am did your baby make some noise like eh eh ah ah ? My last feed is 11:30pm and 2:30am he make some noise but not crying. I though that was a sign of crying before he really cry out so I chiong to make milk. When I'm back and saw him sleep deeply, no choice lo but got to carry him up and feed, he will drink finish it.
Some day I did try to bear with this eh eh ah ah sound and it last about 30mins then he start snoring again. Is this a sign of hunger or just part of their sleeping pattern?

Nowadays I try to drag his night feed. Eh eh eh I will leave him. Only feed when he escalate to a cry.

I remembered with no1, the first few times he STTN, he was crying in the night and I was very very tired that nite and couldn't crawl out of bed... B4 I knew it, he stopped crying and STTN. Subsequent few nights I also wait despite him crying. Bb eventually learnt to STTN...

My bb also always makes grunty sounds after feeds when I put her in her crib to sleep. I bochup her and she will usually fall back to sleep on her own, sometimes it takes up to 45 mins....but if she writhes around and sounds uncomfortable, I will pick her up and almost immediately she will burp or spit milk. So I'm thinking it may be her way of trying to burp herself. Or trying to poop haha

ImageUploadedByForum1472678101.032509.jpg

Very good sale and LO needs more rompers. Happy shopping.

When they getting into deep sleep may make noise. Not cry don't feed at wee wee. Let them sleep thru. U can skip the 2.30am one. They also learning/ stretching when they sleep. Just observe no cry no need to feed.

@tuna iirc, the FB group recommends getting a 2nd hand insert from carousell for cheap, cos many ppl use it for a few times only then sell off...then again, it is just a few more weeks to go then your bb can probably fit w/o insert liow ^_^

The thing about stretchy wraps is it can last only a few months before the material sags too much from the weight of the baby. My Moby Bamboo already needs constant adjusting and bb about 4.5kgs...much prefer my woven wrap from warabee. It's a great starter wrap, material cool, and rather affordable (starts from around SGD100).
Thanks snowfern! The insert looks warm, both of us will probably melt, lol!
Looking at the insert pictures, I'm thinking if sitting bb on a rolled-up towel in the carrier would achieve the same effect, minus the perspiration. May give it a try.
The warabee looks great, temptation again. Nowadays can only buy nursing clothes, accessories also can't wear for fear of it scratching bb. Wrap/sling/carrier becomes my accessory. :)
@candy - you're already using the Ergo, without insert also? Do u hv the same problem?

Mine will make sound in between too and sometimes to the extend of crying.. Last night I fed her at 11pm and she cry at 1.40am and so I tot she was hungry. I gave her milk but she keeps crying. So I gave up and pay her for a while and she went back to sleep. Then she woke up at 3.15am and finish her milk. So it's like 4 HR interval..

Reactions: emk
@candy - you're already using the Ergo, without insert also? Do u hv the same problem?

I use the ergo without the insert... For the legs/hips part I put his legs in the shape of M so it does not come out from both sides. Since he is still small the legs into the carrier also kind of prop him up...

@tuna the babywearing group discourages rolling towel to prop as well even though some mamas do it. Something about spine not curved correctly that way. I don't own a carrier so I can't say....but when she was only a few days old I did place her into my wrap froggy leg style (mimicking posture in the womb)...like @candymoshi, almost 'M' shaped squat.

How is M look like ? My carrier come with infant insert. I put my baby leg inside but somehow he manage to squeeze he leg out. While I shopping half way and got shock by one of his leg is inside my waist support belt :p

Today my lo's turn. Since 10am drank 60ml and 1pm drank 20ml and she has been sleeping since 2hrs ago. Got cranky because the neighbor downstairs doing heavy reno drilling so she got startled during her morning naps. Now drilling stopped and she is sleeping like a baby literally.

I wonder when I should wake her to feed!

Brought BB for vaccination today. Hep A + rotarix... Hopefully dun have rotarix symptoms...

BB is 50%tile for head circum and weight. But he is tall, 75%tile for length. Quite happy cos my no1 has been 3%time all the while, except head circum 10%. 他有大头。

Have you felt so tired that u are losing consciousness? Is there any supplements I should be taking?

How is M look like ? My carrier come with infant insert. I put my baby leg inside but somehow he manage to squeeze he leg out. While I shopping half way and got shock by one of his leg is inside my waist support belt :p

U know like swimming breast stroke? The legs like frog sitting still lidat...

Btw, if both legs cannot come out (too wide for baby) then u can let one leg come out and the other leg inside like frog... Did that with my no1...

Brought BB for vaccination today. Hep A + rotarix... Hopefully dun have rotarix symptoms...

BB is 50%tile for head circum and weight. But he is tall, 75%tile for length. Quite happy cos my no1 has been 3%time all the while, except head circum 10%. 他有大头。

Have you felt so tired that u are losing consciousness? Is there any supplements I should be taking?

I have been taking chicken essence daily. Homemade soups as often as i can when i have time to throw the ingredients into the slow cooker.

Last edited:
@sarah do you sweat when using carrier ? I used it today for the first time, walk in shopping mall and also walk under the sun too. When I reach home and remove, my shirt on tummy area wet wet and baby also sweating.

Yes, I will sweat a bit when I walked under the sun. So usually I will stay in air con area so that we can keep cool.

Btw, if both legs cannot come out (too wide for baby) then u can let one leg come out and the other leg inside like frog... Did that with my no1...
Knees tucked against chest?

Ooo I see .like that baby will feel comfortable ? Their leg press again their tummy.. Haha
I have been taking bottle birdnest every morning leh but doesn't help la . Face still look pale, eyes bag big big. Seriously I need to take a rest, thinking of my daily schedule I feel sooo sick of it, got to bath baby with my painful wrist, carry him and walk around the house until my leg tired, got to wash baby clothes, vacuum and mop floor.. Live like a 黄面婆:(
So I decided to put my baby overnight at my mil house on weekend then I can have 'me' time to relax n go out. But need to get a baby cot to put at her place before this can happen..

I personally prefer Tula carrier over ring sling. Bought a ring slight from Kiddy palace and tried to use it a few times. But by the way I put my boy inside I'm already sweating :confused:

But Tula is a breeze! And the designs are so pretty hard to decide which one to buy. I wanted to get a 2nd one (even though I bought my first one just 1week+ ago). ;) I bought from Carousel for $210 brand new in package.

Ohh and I didn't use any infant insert because I'm afraid it's too hot for my boy. Plus I feel his head is quite strong. So I'll just put him inside but make sure he can breathe.

@emk can totally feel you! Nowadays I don't even dare to take photos. Shagged face + eye bags are woman's worse nightmares! Everyday is just feeding baby, shower, wash milk bottles, carry him to sleep. I'm thinking those SAHM, how they can tahan :confused:

My boy is not feeding much milk today. Last feed around 130pm, only took in 80ml, till now still sleeping. Thinking whether to wake him up.

Mine starting dropping more these few days. And I'm still clearing his cradle cap. :( Don't know why got so much, is it what I ate during pregnancy?

Mine also has cradle cap but not as serious as no1. What do u use to clear? I'm using dentinox and its clearing alr...

I dun think cradle cap is related to what we eat? Mayb genetics. My friend has 3 kids, all 3 have cradle cap and all very serious one... Babies scratch until bleed kind. Shave botak also cannot clear... Guess it just takes time...

I'm using Sebclair given by PD, my boy have it over his eyebrow,nose, a little bit on his ear and head not so much just a small patch. PD advise to do a lab test and the result said got infection and got to take antibiotics. Now clear off already .. Not sure is the cream or antibiotics work.

Can take hep A now when bb is 2 mths old?

I'm still drinking brands chicken essence whenever i feel tired. But if my head is spinning, i'll try to take a nap of at least 30mins. My husband bought me cordyceps pills, which is supposed to 补气 but i haven't start taking it so don't know if it helps.

@candymoshi I'm just using the VCO and massage on his head everyday. Wait for about 15 minutes, then I'll use a comb to brush those patches. Cleared a bit, but seems like will grow again.

@littleredbean is your maid with you long? Personally I won't leave bb alone with the maid, just in case since recently got so many cases of child abuse by maids :(
Hi mummies, anybody plan to leave baby with maid alone after maternity leave?

I also dun feel 放心 to leave bb w helper. Unless there is an elderly to be the maid sitter.

Unless ur helper is a trusted person, like worked for u many years or highly recommended transfer maid from trusted source...

There are ppl I know who leave their kids with helpers too, just have to find a good one and pray really hard...

@candymoshi I'm just using the VCO and massage on his head everyday. Wait for about 15 minutes, then I'll use a comb to brush those patches. Cleared a bit, but seems like will grow again.
Try dentinox shampoo, can get at watsons... Use during bathing time, dun have to leave on or wait... Rinse off and wipe dry, then comb over...

I duno that cradle cap will grow back, my bb's clearing alr...

Can take hep A now when bb is 2 mths old?

I'm still drinking brands chicken essence whenever i feel tired. But if my head is spinning, i'll try to take a nap of at least 30mins. My husband bought me cordyceps pills, which is supposed to 补气 but i haven't start taking it so don't know if it helps.

Ohh, Mayb I got the hep wrong, is it hep B 2nd dose?

I also take essence of chicken w codyceps every alternate day or once in 3 days. Just now i was so tired, quickly settled the baby and took a nap... Wake up still v tired but at least doesn't feel like fainting or losing consciousness...

Back