Support group - Miscarriages

Hi Mrschan00, sorry to hear about this. I also had my third loss (but mine is naturally conceived and lost in second trimester) at the beginning of this month. I also feel useless as a woman at times and feel sorry for my husband. :( I'm also not young anymore – I'm 37 – so I don't know if I have the courage to try again because I'm sick of being happy and excited and hopeful and then having to go for D&C and deal with all this post-surgery bleeding and recovery. Take care. Who would have known there are so many of us around? I used to think too that once you get pregnant, you just stay that way for nine months and deliver a cute fat baby like everyone else seems to do! :(
Hi Lady P... I totally feel u. I feel contradicting too. On one hand, I really really want a baby but on the other, I am very scared that history will repeat itself again.
I got no more frozen embryos left and with my left tube removed, I am not confident that I can try naturally. Will have to do a fresh cycle if I want to try again. I am not afraid of the pain from the jabs but more afraid of the emotional pain. Not sure will i be able to take it..

Hi Lady P... I totally feel u. I feel contradicting too. On one hand, I really really want a baby but on the other, I am very scared that history will repeat itself again.
I got no more frozen embryos left and with my left tube removed, I am not confident that I can try naturally. Will have to do a fresh cycle if I want to try again. I am not afraid of the pain from the jabs but more afraid of the emotional pain. Not sure will i be able to take it..

Dear MrsChan00, sorry to hear about this. :( I wish us all the best. But I think I will need to take some time to recover first as my health has gone down after this third miscarriage and also cos I was in hospital for five days for a bad infection related to my cerclage.

My heart goes out to you Mrschan...mine was also lost at 7 weeks. Went for my last review at KKH yesterday. Extremely extremely painful experience seeing everyone else in the waiting room being pregnant and happy. I looked like the only one without a baby bump and extremely out of place. Felt as if I shouldn't have any reason being there. My husband was with me so I had to consciously tell myself to be strong. I was on the verge of tears seeing the pregnant mummies go in and out. Of course I couldn't break down in the clinic! :(

Are you still trying, Mrschan? The doc told me mc is once and a lifetime and I was practically rolling my eyes! He gave me Lextrozole but my period isn't here yet so I'm also in a limbo now...

Still grieving :(
Hugs gal... I totally understand the pain u are gg through. Me too feel the same way.. Seeing so many pregnant women around but I am not 1 of them. I will be in my 14 weeks if bb is still in my tummy..
Your doctor is right... most of the time mc is a one time off thing so I will encourage u to try again once u are physically and emotionally ready. But I am unlucky few... this is my 2nd mc and my 3rd pregnancy loss. I really want a bb but at the same time I am also scared... currently I am seeing a Tcm to tiao my body as my gyne suggest... will see how ba.
Gal.. u take good care. Go tiao your body if necessary.

Dear MrsChan00, sorry to hear about this. :( I wish us all the best. But I think I will need to take some time to recover first as my health has gone down after this third miscarriage and also cos I was in hospital for five days for a bad infection related to my cerclage.
Hugs to you Lady P... I am sorry to hear what u are gg through. I hope you are recovering well from your infection. Please do take good care of your health... see a Tcm to tiao your body if necessary. My gyne suggest that to me and am currently seeing 1.. Wish us luck and pray hard that our dream will come true soon.

I had a natural miscarriage early July 2016. Had my period about 10-12 days after my miscarriage. Follow up with my doctor 2 weeks after miscarriage Doctor confirmed with scan everything is normal. But till today I have brown discharge or white discharge is it normal. Prior to my miscarriage I never had brown or white discharge for this long.

Anyone experience this before.

Hi all mothers:
I can feel your loss. I just lost my baby at 15th week of pregnancy. I am a first time father, so the pain of loss was excruciating.
Fortunately both my wife and I anchored our journey on Buddhism. We managed to guide our baby to Amituofo's Pureland. The loss of our baby does not mean that we have ended the parent-child relationship. We have only lost our baby physically. The relationship continues.

Here is the story I have shared with my fellow Buddhist practitioners. Hope my story can offer you hope and strength to cope with the loss.

The story is at http://purelanders.com/2016/07/27/how-we-guided-our-baby-to-amituofos-pure-land/

Hi Mummies,

I feel all your losses.
I had natural miscarriages, twice this year; the first one was an ectopic pregnancy (so am lucky it miscarried itself rather than i abort it) and the recent one, a normal pregnancy, ended on 25th May 2016, abt my 6th week. It was rather devastating because those angels would be our "first child/second child" and with the fact, that it happen twice, it really took its toll on me.
After that, i took my MMR booster in June, cause apparently i am no longer immune to Rubella, when KKHchecked my blood and instructed me to wait for 3mths to ttc again.

I brought my case to a pte hosp (just to seek 2nd opinion) and the gynae told me i can actually start trying to conceive after my next Aug menses. The pte hosp gynae also suspected that my 2nd pregnancy was a chemical pregnancy?,which the KKH gynae didnt even mention. The pte gynae also gave me suggestions on "how to conceive, again? " -if that makes sense and so much more advices.

When i miscarried the 2nd one, guess what the KKH gynae told me "Im NOT sure why you miscarried, so i ASSUME you miscarried because there was a drop in the HCG and because i cant see anything when i did the vaginal scan. PROBABLY, TOO EARLY TO SEE."
So sidetrack, bye KKH!

Nevertheless, wishing all mummies a very good luck in conceiving for our RAINBOW babies. ❤

Lots of love,
Idaia

Hi, i went to visit my gynae and he recommended Diane 35 to trigger my period since it did not come after 3-months post op.

anyone here taking Diane 35 too?
long ago i took diane 35 but for as pregnancy prevention though. It makes u hv very good skin

Hi all,
Just wana find out anyone from Kk hospital with Dr Sadhana? She give me medication to insert for my natural miscarriage. I asked for medical leave from her but she say go to GP if u feel unwell and to get mc. I miscarriage on a Saturday, then i went to work on Monday. But I couldn't take it emotionally, then I go see a doctor and take 2 days mc. Everyone around is asking why the doctor do not give me mc in the first place. Anyone had this problem? Doctor do not issue mc? It is because it's natural miscarriage so she don't give mc? Please advice. Thank u.

@Laoshi did the doc tell u why u were given medication to insert for the natural miscarriage. I had a natural miscarriage in early July when to O & G doc on duty did a scan gave me only antibiotics. No insert medication was given to me. And doc ask me if I am working and need mc to cover me. I m surprise u were not given any mc and was informed to go to go to take mc.

@Laoshi did the doc tell u why u were given medication to insert for the natural miscarriage. I had a natural miscarriage in early July when to O & G doc on duty did a scan gave me only antibiotics. No insert medication was given to me. And doc ask me if I am working and need mc to cover me. I m surprise u were not given any mc and was informed to go to go to take mc.
Hi babynofour,
I did a scan on week 6 and week 8 and both did not see heartbeat n fetal pole. So doctor say it's a unhealthy pregnancy. So doctor ask me wana wait for natural or insert medicine, I opted for a natural miscarriage. But I waited for 2 weeks nothing happen. So she suggest to insert medication.

@Laoshi both emotionally and physically u must b very down...I when through the same stage...it's a very painful experience...pray that God will give u strength to overcome this...try to take some time off from work and divert ur attention to something else...my doc is Dr HH Tan at KKH my experience with him is good so far...I when for review with him after my miscarriage...he was understanding towards to my feelings

@Laoshi both emotionally and physically u must b very down...I when through the same stage...it's a very painful experience...pray that God will give u strength to overcome this...try to take some time off from work and divert ur attention to something else...my doc is Dr HH Tan at KKH my experience with him is good so far...I when for review with him after my miscarriage...he was understanding towards to my feelings
@BabyNoFour
I'm not a Christian but Thanks for your prayer. At the point when I asked the doc for mc and she suggested me to see a GP when needed, I'm quite shock also. But I was thinking to myself because doctor say the sac is very small, so I was thinking maybe don't need the mc. So may I know how many days of mc u were u given?

@Laoshi i didn't take any mc after my miscarriage as I was already in hospitalisation leave prior to my miscarriage but the doc at O&G ask me if I need mc to cover me

@Laoshi i didn't take any mc after my miscarriage as I was already in hospitalisation leave prior to my miscarriage but the doc at O&G ask me if I need mc to cover me
@BabyNoFour
Oic. Hope u doing fine now. Let's jia you together. My mc only till today, tomorrow going back to work as Laoshi again! Hubby ask me not to lose my anger over the kids. Haha, that's difficult, but will try. Thanks for your reply. :))

Hello. I want to ask how does a natural miscarriage or assisted miscarriage feel like? I conceived naturally after two rounds of failed SO-IUI. But unfortunately, it's confirmed today that it's an empty sac. I was scheduled to come back today to scan again because there was no heartbeat previously and I would be 7 weeks plus. My Gynae asked me what do I want to do but I couldn't answer because I'm at a loss. So he said I should miscarry naturally and scheduled me to go back one week later if I don't which I assumed would be assisted miscarriage. I couldn't remember if he said it would be oral medicine or insertion though. He said it would pass out like menses for natural and come back imm if I bleed too much. How does it feel? Would there be a lot of pain? A lot of blood?

Even though technically there's no baby in the first place, I still feel a keen sense of loss. I didn't cry but there's a heavy sense of loss. I had the symptoms; boob pain, baby bump, good appetite. But the missing thing is that I have no morning sickness as compared when I had my first child.

My sil asked me to get a second opinion but my Gynae is already one of the famous ones.

What do I do now?

@jinnous i had a natural miscarriage early July....it's something very disturbing to me till today....

As for my experience when I miscarriage - blood cloth as big as my palm came out together with the baby sac...happened during my shower...when over to KKH...doc checked and confirmed that I had a miscarriage but don require a D&C coz my uterus was cleared (empty) after my miscarriage

@Laoshi , we had Dr Sadhana for IVF. She is an angel to us and gave us lots of moral support and encouragement. We switched to Dr June after a successful IVF. Unfortunately, baby has no heart beat at week 15 and my wife has to go through induced labour. She was given 3 weeks of MC (though she did not need it as she left her job to prepare for pregnancy).

I am sorry to hear what you have gone through. Pls take care.

@jinnous i had a natural miscarriage early July....it's something very disturbing to me till today....

As for my experience when I miscarriage - blood cloth as big as my palm came out together with the baby sac...happened during my shower...when over to KKH...doc checked and confirmed that I had a miscarriage but don require a D&C coz my uterus was cleared (empty) after my miscarriage

Can I ask what did you do with the blood clot? Put inside container and bring it to hospital or flushed it down the toilet? I don't know what I will do when the time comes. I'm not mentally prepared. My appt is tomorrow and I can say it's 100% confirmed it's gone. I went for a 2nd opinion last Sat and the gynae said the same thing. And today I have a bit telltale aches already.

Hi jinnous

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I had a natural miscarriage earlier this year. I started bleeding when I was supposed to be at week 7+ but the sac only measured week 5 and it was empty. Other than a slightly heavier bleeding with some clots, it felt almost like my monthly menses. Dr gave me cytotec to expel any remaining tissues and cautioned that there would be cramps. Fortunately, I did not feel any major cramps.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Hello. I want to ask how does a natural miscarriage or assisted miscarriage feel like? I conceived naturally after two rounds of failed SO-IUI. But unfortunately, it's confirmed today that it's an empty sac. I was scheduled to come back today to scan again because there was no heartbeat previously and I would be 7 weeks plus. My Gynae asked me what do I want to do but I couldn't answer because I'm at a loss. So he said I should miscarry naturally and scheduled me to go back one week later if I don't which I assumed would be assisted miscarriage. I couldn't remember if he said it would be oral medicine or insertion though. He said it would pass out like menses for natural and come back imm if I bleed too much. How does it feel? Would there be a lot of pain? A lot of blood?

Even though technically there's no baby in the first place, I still feel a keen sense of loss. I didn't cry but there's a heavy sense of loss. I had the symptoms; boob pain, baby bump, good appetite. But the missing thing is that I have no morning sickness as compared when I had my first child.

My sil asked me to get a second opinion but my Gynae is already one of the famous ones.

What do I do now?
Sorry to hear..u can try to get ready some painkillers and also long type pads cos expect the flow to be more and also tad pain.. well I had natural mc at 11.5weeks so there was a ping pong ball sized sac with lotsa lotsa blood and cots. For u at this early stage u can opt to test the samples but for an early 7th week is a tad small to collect anything and I think hospitals do not really test for u unless it's not Ur first time. U might want to try ur pte gynae. They are much more willing to help.

Dear Ladies, i've recently lost my baby due to "Preterm premature rupture of membranes". Wondering any ladies encounter same experience as i did. And if you had another pregnancy, what difficulty/ feeling and etc. please share with me.

Saw my gynae yesterday and he prescribed me Cytotec for insertion over two days over the weekend. He's not keen with me doing D&C though when I asked.

I thought I had accepted it.. I WA my hb to tell him the decision and I started tearing and a tear rolled down my face while I was making payment at the clinic and everyone was looking at me. And I had to rush to the toilet cuz I couldn't control.

I dread the day when it comes...

Saw my gynae yesterday and he prescribed me Cytotec for insertion over two days over the weekend. He's not keen with me doing D&C though when I asked.

I thought I had accepted it.. I WA my hb to tell him the decision and I started tearing and a tear rolled down my face while I was making payment at the clinic and everyone was looking at me. And I had to rush to the toilet cuz I couldn't control.

Hi, my second miscarriage was also due to a blighted ovum. My gynae encouraged my body to miscarry naturally. Once I was off the progesterone, I began spotting and by 1-2 days, the symptoms started. It feels like getting your period, with painful cramps and fatigue. My yolk sac was small, I didn't collect it and I prepared lots of sanitary napkins.

The entire miscarriage took place over about 3-4 days. The blood flow is quite heavy everyday with cramping and blood clots. The pain was bearable for me. In fact I went ahead with my holiday so the whole time in Bkk, when my friends were happily enjoying themselves, I was miscarrying. Didn't tell them...

It's impossible not to feel sad, even though it's an empty sac. So take your time to grief. Don't worry too much about a natural miscarriage. Our bodies know how to heal naturally most of the time. You may wanna stay at home to rest because you'll cry when you see the blood... I was holding back my tears throughout my holiday.

Dear Ladies, i've recently lost my baby due to "Preterm premature rupture of membranes". Wondering any ladies encounter same experience as i did. And if you had another pregnancy, what difficulty/ feeling and etc. please share with me.

Hi MixueC, I have just PM-ed you. Thanks and take care.

Hugs Junnous...it is perfectly fine to let your emotions out. It is not easy to deal with the loss and it takes time to heal the wound.

I had a natural miscarriage a few years back just before my 6-7 week scan. The cramps felt more painful and intense than those before AF and it lasted for a few hours. Heavy flow and blood clots will follow for few days. You may want to do a 'mini confinement' e.g drink DOM, longan red date tea, food cooked with ginger, wear socks to sleep etc..to keep your body warm in the first 2 weeks.

Today is the third day since I had a miscarriage. Though I trawled through the Internet on what to expect, it still shocked and scared me. The pain was indescribable. Even painkillers couldn't help. It felt like I was trying to give birth without any epidural? Not that I had a vaginal birth before but I dunno how to describe the pain.

I definitely felt my body was trying to expel something. And every time the wave came, I was moaning and crying. I had a high threshold of pain but I wasn't prepared for this. And I think halfway through the waves of pain, I passed out briefly from the pain on bed. My hb said I just went quiet suddenly and he thought I fell asleep. When I woke up, I was disoriented and bleeding profusely. But by then the pain became manageable.

I went to see a TCM and he said the moment I walked through his door that my body is in a very bad shape. I wanted to tell him what happened but he asked me not to tell him. And after taking my pulse, he asked me if I'm going through a miscarriage now. He said my body already in bad shape prior to the pregnancy and worst after the miscarriage. And my qi now is very low.

So that's my summary for my experience. I'm glad I pulled through. So now I have to rebuild my health after going through all these. There are times when I wanted to tell my mum. You know, just want someone to fuss over me. I'm basically much on my own. But thinking how it would invite more questions and her worrying bout me, I just resist the urge. Thanks for going through this with me ladies!

Today is the 6th day after my evacuation procedure to remove my LO whose heart stopped beating at 7 weeks. Got this baby thru my first attempt at ivf. My first pregnancy ever, and hopefully my last miscarriage.

I took the news pretty well at first and thought I must have somewhat superhuman strength. But since yday, I've been tearing involuntarily. It doesn't matter if I was watching a drama which was totally irrelevant or what I was doing. When it comes, it comes and the tears will flow. I guess now is the 2nd stage of grief I'm going thru which is mourning; the first had been denial. So now it's starting to strike me that I lost my baby.

I've also been going thru the Internet on why it happened, does it happen again, how to cope with it, how to prevent my baby's heartbeat from stopping next time. But there's no real answer. So the last question I ask myself is whether I want to give up. And the answer is no.

Sorry I just wanted to pen down something and I know I'll get well soon. I realized grieving cannot be skipped or ignored. It has to be done properly before I can move on.

I know there are many mummies who are with me, which I don't hope for becos it's not a good thing. But I sure hope that we can all heal very soon.

Hi all,
Just found out that my baby heartbeat has stopped at 7weeks & doc gave 1 week for a natural miscarriage to happen if not have to go for d&c.. can i check how long before the natural miscarriage happen & what to look out for? Thanks.

Today is the third day since I had a miscarriage. Though I trawled through the Internet on what to expect, it still shocked and scared me. The pain was indescribable. Even painkillers couldn't help. It felt like I was trying to give birth without any epidural? Not that I had a vaginal birth before but I dunno how to describe the pain.

I definitely felt my body was trying to expel something. And every time the wave came, I was moaning and crying. I had a high threshold of pain but I wasn't prepared for this. And I think halfway through the waves of pain, I passed out briefly from the pain on bed. My hb said I just went quiet suddenly and he thought I fell asleep. When I woke up, I was disoriented and bleeding profusely. But by then the pain became manageable.

I went to see a TCM and he said the moment I walked through his door that my body is in a very bad shape. I wanted to tell him what happened but he asked me not to tell him. And after taking my pulse, he asked me if I'm going through a miscarriage now. He said my body already in bad shape prior to the pregnancy and worst after the miscarriage. And my qi now is very low.

So that's my summary for my experience. I'm glad I pulled through. So now I have to rebuild my health after going through all these. There are times when I wanted to tell my mum. You know, just want someone to fuss over me. I'm basically much on my own. But thinking how it would invite more questions and her worrying bout me, I just resist the urge. Thanks for going through this with me ladies!
Oh dear, sounds really painful... Big hug to you. Mine wasn't as painful as yours, and I was overseas on company retreat with colleagues.

After 2 miscarriages, my body coped well and I felt healthier. Maybe because I did a strict confinement... TCM is really important. As part of the grieving process, do a mini confinement for 1-2 weeks. I didn't tell my mum about my 2nd miscarriage because by then I felt so lousy and I didn't want anymore fussing..

Don't keep it all to yourself. Talk to your husband, and talk to us here.

Hi all,
Just found out that my baby heartbeat has stopped at 7weeks & doc gave 1 week for a natural miscarriage to happen if not have to go for d&c.. can i check how long before the natural miscarriage happen & what to look out for? Thanks.
My previous post
[Hi, my second miscarriage was also due to a blighted ovum. My gynae encouraged my body to miscarry naturally. Once I was off the progesterone, I began spotting and by 1-2 days, the symptoms started. It feels like getting your period, with painful cramps and fatigue. My yolk sac was small, I didn't collect it and I prepared lots of sanitary napkins.

The entire miscarriage took place over about 3-4 days. The blood flow is quite heavy everyday with cramping and blood clots. The pain was bearable for me. In fact I went ahead with my holiday so the whole time in Bkk, when my friends were happily enjoying themselves, I was miscarrying. Didn't tell them...

It's impossible not to feel sad, even though it's an empty sac. So take your time to grief. Don't worry too much about a natural miscarriage. Our bodies know how to heal naturally most of the time. You may wanna stay at home to rest because you'll cry when you see the blood... I was holding back my tears throughout my holiday.]

Sep 1, 2016EditDeleteReport

Hi Mrschan00, sorry to hear about this. I also had my third loss (but mine is naturally conceived and lost in second trimester) at the beginning of this month. I also feel useless as a woman at times and feel sorry for my husband. :( I'm also not young anymore – I'm 37 – so I don't know if I have the courage to try again because I'm sick of being happy and excited and hopeful and then having to go for D&C and deal with all this post-surgery bleeding and recovery. Take care. Who would have known there are so many of us around? I used to think too that once you get pregnant, you just stay that way for nine months and deliver a cute fat baby like everyone else seems to do! :(
Hi girl .. I am new to the forum.. I feel all that you have said is exactly the same as how I feel after my 1st miscarriage in April this year .. I lost my baby at 6 weeks and I had D&C at 8 weeks when confirmed there is still no baby HB detected on the ultrasound.. Like u, I always thought once pregnant then sure can deliver cute cute baby after 9 months ... But reality has so proven otherwise .. I sometimes still cry suddenly whenever I think of the miscarriage even though I did not really grief over it that time .. I wish to be pregnant again but yet am very scared that I will miscarry again .. I feel so sad for myself when I see my friends around me everyday posting pictures of them and their little ones ..I do try to be Positive and friends around Always tell me don stress don think and then baby Will come .. But it's hard for them to know how it really feels if they have not gone through this Before ..

I had a missed abortion. When I went back for review my gynae said all stuck at cervix so he did a removal procedure right in his clinic. It was really painful. I tried to google for this procedure but I wasn't able to find anything. After all these I dunno what else I have not seen. My hb said I shd have gone for d&c directly.

My gynae asked me to continue with two more Cytotec pills orally but I really had no courage after going through all those cramps. But in the end I still took it and the cramps came in the middle of the night and continued throughout the day. I guessed it sort of cleared cuz I passed out a pc of flesh in the morning and after that I had minimal bleeding.

My natural miscarriage was traumatic for me because I passed out from the pain and still had to remove by gynae in his clinic. If I can turn back time, I would insist on d&c.

Hi ladies,

I'm so sorry for what you girls have to go thru..

I too have been thru several mc.

I had very bad pcos and my af is nv regular. I had to rely on meds and fertility treatments to get pregnant.

I took clomid and conceive on my very first cycle. My first born I lost him at 25 weeks. I sudden went into labour without knowing it was actually the labour pain. On the way to the hospital my watering broke. Upon reaching kkh the doc confirm my worst fear that my baby has no hb. I had to deliver naturally. This happens in feb 2012.

I was very lucky to conceive in in May 2012 again with the help of comid.

I conceive again in apr 2013 with the help of so-iui. It was triplets on these scan. Subsequent scan revealed it was twins. Everything went by very smoothly. We are having a boy girl twins. Wow.. So blissful right? That's what everyone wanted!! But I had this discharge the same one I had when I lost my first born. Hence I went to my gyane for a scan. To my worst fear I was already 2cm dilated at only 21w5d. Anyway to cut story short. I had my twins at 22w2d naturally.

So to summarize I lost 5 babies within a short span of 2 1/2 years. Devastating, overwhelming are just all under statement. Just when you tot God gave u 2 when you lost 1 and things happen again. I didn't have the mood and enthusiasm to try again like before. I just let natural take its course.

However my af came on its own after all the incident and I took it as a sign to start trying again. I went for so-Iui again. The result of the follicles jabs are disappointing. They are not growing at the rate they are suppose to even after increase of dosage to the max. I had many many small follicles growing at the same time but non was a good size at the point of time that it should be. My Gyane told me we had to abandon this cycle as we cannot have so many follicles growing at the same time as the same rate and continue jabbing as we could end up with triplets and more which is what we couldn't risk to have.

I was told to go home and just try naturally. The very next day I tested a positive opk. Went down for a scan but there was no mature follicle seen. So we went back to try naturally. 11 days later I took a opk and it came back super positive so the next day morning I took a hpt it was super positive as well.

Then I graduated from this thread. My son is coming 2 yo next month. I came back on and off occasionally if I have time to look around.

I had to be honest with you girls that the initial period is not going to be easy but it will definitely get better however, i still have times that I feel emo esp on the days I had my angels. Life is never gonna be the same after what happens. But some people just don't understand this. They just feel it's ok. It's over. Already so long Liao u still feel sad Soo cry etc?! There are always people like these around who never been thru it but think they know the whole think and start to add some salt on our wound thinking that it's nothing.

Ladies I just wanna let you girls know that there's always rainbow after a storm, hence look forward to your Rainbow Baby!!

A “rainbow baby” is a baby that is born following a miscarriage, stillbirth, neonatal death or infant loss.In the real world, a beautiful and bright rainbow follows a storm and gives hope of things getting better. The rainbow is more appreciated having just experienced the storm in comparison.

So ladies Jia you!! My examples are just the tip of the ice berg to be honest I heard even more depressing stories before. Rainbow are on your way!!! Chin up and brace thru the moments.. Jia you!!!

I had a missed abortion. When I went back for review my gynae said all stuck at cervix so he did a removal procedure right in his clinic. It was really painful. I tried to google for this procedure but I wasn't able to find anything. After all these I dunno what else I have not seen. My hb said I shd have gone for d&c directly.

My gynae asked me to continue with two more Cytotec pills orally but I really had no courage after going through all those cramps. But in the end I still took it and the cramps came in the middle of the night and continued throughout the day. I guessed it sort of cleared cuz I passed out a pc of flesh in the morning and after that I had minimal bleeding.

My natural miscarriage was traumatic for me because I passed out from the pain and still had to remove by gynae in his clinic. If I can turn back time, I would insist on d&c.

My Gyane refused to do a d&c for me when I had a chemical pregnancy as he says if one hasn't had any children before he will try not to do it as what d&c does it they forcefully force open your cervix and clear the womb. It might result in our cervix becoming loose and will end up not able to carry your baby to term like me. My cervix is weaker in nature. So if I were to do d&c that time I cannot imagine what will happen.

Hi Vanilla04, sorry to hear about your losses and happy to know that you got your rainbow baby. I too have had recurrent miscarriages, two of which were premature losses at week 14. Gynaes/my own research say it could be due to incompetent cervix/early contractions/infections but I will never know the real reason. Yes, it's never easy and I don't really like listening to words of encouragement or advice from people who have never gone through these experiences before. May I ask how did you carry your son full-term finally? Also, did you ever find out if your losses were due to incompetent cervix or ? Thanks a lot.

My Gyane refused to do a d&c for me when I had a chemical pregnancy as he says if one hasn't had any children before he will try not to do it as what d&c does it they forcefully force open your cervix and clear the womb. It might result in our cervix becoming loose and will end up not able to carry your baby to term like me. My cervix is weaker in nature. So if I were to do d&c that time I cannot imagine what will happen.
Hi vanilla04, i had the same symptons like yours when i miscarriage my twins at 22 weeks. I am going for my ivf again end of sept, can you share with me how did you manage to conceive successfully?

Hi Vanilla04, sorry to hear about your losses and happy to know that you got your rainbow baby. I too have had recurrent miscarriages, two of which were premature losses at week 14. Gynaes/my own research say it could be due to incompetent cervix/early contractions/infections but I will never know the real reason. Yes, it's never easy and I don't really like listening to words of encouragement or advice from people who have never gone through these experiences before. May I ask how did you carry your son full-term finally? Also, did you ever find out if your losses were due to incompetent cervix or ? Thanks a lot.

Hi vanilla04, i had the same symptons like yours when i miscarriage my twins at 22 weeks. I am going for my ivf again end of sept, can you share with me how did you manage to conceive successfully?

HI Ladies,

My case is probably due to incompetence cervix. Which means that my cervix will dilate prematurely. YEs i will never know the reason for sure what had happened that cause my premature labours. Both my pregnancies ae very healthy and smooth sailing. No MS, oscar scan cleared, DS cleared. Basically everything is excellent. I just dont know why? Its a shame that we had to live with it and not knowing what really happened. No answer. No closure..

after i know that i am pregnant i asked my gyane if he can rule out incompetence cervix but he cannot thus i did a cervical cerclage at 14 weeks. You girls can google more on cervical cerclage. Its like tie the cervix up and prevent it from dilating prematurely. However, there are risk involved such as waterbag might broke, might kana infection and most impt is that even with a cerclage it does not guarantee you that you can carry to full term. I did alot of research after i mc my twins.

There are several types of cerclage. i did the most low level cerclage. Low as in the level of the height from our cervix. I have attached a pic of it. I did the typical mcdonald cerclage. which is the nearest to the virginal opening. TAC is the highest and has the most successful rate however, this is not a common practice in singapore. It is more popular in USA. I told my gyane that i wanted to do a TAC but he told me in his career practice, he only did it twice and it was because the lady has got no measurable cervix left.

When i was pregnant both times i experience the hardening of my tummy which i suppose is the braxton hicks. TOo much of BH will cause labour. For the pregnancy with my son i had to take tons of anti contractions pills. At a point i had to take 21 pills including multivitamins but it was all worth it. After my cerclage i was on modify bed rest. i was given HL right from the start when i was pregnant. In another words i cannot work due to this IC condition. There wasn't a day pass without having to worry about the baby inside me whether is he growing well? If theres a HB etc...

Usually IC will not come into picture after several losses, to capture the cervical changes at the right time is just too hard. As they can change very fast within mins.

You all can ask your gyane more about IC. I am with Dr Benjamin Tham. Well, he gave me lots of assurance that i need, always gave his patients ample time. I am with him for my twins pregnancy as well. My first born was with Dr Lawrance Ang which is cheap and good if you have uncomplicated pregnancy and have lots of time and you dont mind wait for 2hrs and go in 5 mins come out liao.

But hang in there ladies, you chance will come. Have faith!! Jia YOU!!!

I did join a few fb group. Incompetent Cervix Awareness, Abbyloopers for Transabdominal Cerclage (TAC)

You ladies can go to this website to read up more.
https://beyondthisdesert.com/what-is-pprom/types-of-cerclages/

Attachments

• cerclage-types.jpg
    cerclage-types.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Hi there,

Just wondering if there's anyone who did blood test to find out any problems with having pregnancies?

my doc will be recommending me to do some blood test. I had 3 recurrent miscarriages within 1.5 years (every 6 months once), the last one was lost naturally last week wednesday. thought we finally saw a heartbeat and things will be fine, but it's still lost. We were too hopeful and it's still painful till now....
Doc said these tests are recommended to be done only after 3 consecutive miscarriages. :(

It seems that everyone around me are having successful pregnancies except me and checking facebook seems like a emotional ride with every other post having a baby in it.

i guess I'm still having withdrawal symptoms, like not wanting to go to work and wanting to be alone, coz my colleagues are aware and it sucks if some other people ask where have i been. what can I say? Going out with my husband to do something enjoyable, but i would feel guilty about enjoying it, like i shouldn't be. i dunno.. everything is so confusing now.

it just sucks~~ sigh.. :(:(:(

Hi there,

Just wondering if there's anyone who did blood test to find out any problems with having pregnancies?

my doc will be recommending me to do some blood test. I had 3 recurrent miscarriages within 1.5 years (every 6 months once), the last one was lost naturally last week wednesday. thought we finally saw a heartbeat and things will be fine, but it's still lost. We were too hopeful and it's still painful till now....
Doc said these tests are recommended to be done only after 3 consecutive miscarriages. :(

It seems that everyone around me are having successful pregnancies except me and checking facebook seems like a emotional ride with every other post having a baby in it.

i guess I'm still having withdrawal symptoms, like not wanting to go to work and wanting to be alone, coz my colleagues are aware and it sucks if some other people ask where have i been. what can I say? Going out with my husband to do something enjoyable, but i would feel guilty about enjoying it, like i shouldn't be. i dunno.. everything is so confusing now.

Dear you can look up NUH they have a department for recurrent mc. I was about to go there.. The series of blood work and tests are not cheap.. I heard even with subsides it can sum up to 2k plus..

http://www.nuhgynae.com.sg/wbn/slot/u2349/Articles/Recurrent_Pregnancy_Loss_brochure.pdf

https://www.nuh.com.sg/news/media-articles_824.html

Hi there,

I did before with a pte gynae -some recurrent miscarriage blood tests and a karotyping blood test from a gov hospital. It's just lotsa tubes of blood drawn. The first few tests were like few hundreds $ while the karotyping one costs more like thousand. The karotyping one is to find out chromosone problems. This karyotype one Ur hubby also must take. While the other one normal panel of tests are just Ur own blood to find out problems like infections and underlaying conditions.

Was a period of time I avoided fb too as ppl are posting abt bbs and pregnancy tummies. But then I told myself they might had difficulty in ttc too previously so I just didn't go fb less they reminds me of my losses. So even now when I post of my bbs it's only shared with families not even friends. Cos I am kinda sensitive to some who are single still at 30s 40s or those married no chn yet for yrs in my friends list I thus dun post anything. Some ppl not that sensitive so dun go fb is best for the time being.

I did before with a pte gynae -some recurrent miscarriage blood tests and a karotyping blood test from a gov hospital. It's just lotsa tubes of blood drawn. The first few tests were like few hundreds $ while the karotyping one costs more like thousand. The karotyping one is to find out chromosone problems. This karyotype one Ur hubby also must take. While the other one normal panel of tests are just Ur own blood to find out problems like infections and underlaying conditions.

Was a period of time I avoided fb too as ppl are posting abt bbs and pregnancy tummies. But then I told myself they might had difficulty in ttc too previously so I just didn't go fb less they reminds me of my losses. So even now when I post of my bbs it's only shared with families not even friends. Cos I am kinda sensitive to some who are single still at 30s 40s or those married no chn yet for yrs in my friends list I thus dun post anything. Some ppl not that sensitive so dun go fb is best for the time being.

Hi Lambi, thanks! That sounds like what i'll be doing except for the karotyping one. Doc says to hold on to that first. I hope they can find out what's wrong so they can treat n have better chance, yet at the same time i hope there's nothing wrong.. Sigh..

So ya.. Have been skipping post. Like scroll them super fast when they are photos of bbs etc.. I guess it will take some time again.. :(

Did have some pain peeing on first and 2nd day but not certified UTI. Yours is confirmed UTI?
Yes, Im currently peeing blood even though after miscarriage im on Augmentin (antibotics- which suppose to prevent UTI). Just saw a doctor this morning & was given additional antibotics. Now taking Augmentin + Ciprobay together, hopefully will be better soon.

Yes, Im currently peeing blood even though after miscarriage im on Augmentin (antibotics- which suppose to prevent UTI). Just saw a doctor this morning & was given additional antibotics. Now taking Augmentin + Ciprobay together, hopefully will be better soon.

UTI try cranberry juice? It's supposed to help too.

Back