IVF at KKH

Hi all, do you have any idea if the husband will be given the order form to do HIV, Hep A, B and C blood test?

I have received my order form but they didn't pass me the order form for my hubby.

My cycle is in Feb next year. I'm so excited and anxious!

Hi all, do you have any idea if the husband will be given the order form to do HIV, Hep A, B and C blood test?

I have received my order form but they didn't pass me the order form for my hubby.
My cycle is in Feb next year. I'm so excited and anxious!
@Jill Stuart Hi the next available cycle now in feb or u did you ask for an advance date?

Hi @mimi_june just did my ET on Mon...there were 4 eggs fertilised, so i put in 2 eggs and the other 2 frozen. now on patiently on my 2ww..
That's good. My ER is tomorrow. Don't know how many eggs will fertilized. Which day did u do ER? All the best! Are you at home resting or still working?

I'm new to this forum and would like to say hello to everyone here. Hope I could gather tips and share my experiences (and frustrations) here. I was actually scheduled for ET this afternoon, but got a call from the doc at KKH this morning, delivering bad news. Two of my eggs that got fertilised are found to be abnormal, thus not viable to proceed with ET. What a heartbreak, I was so hopeful of a positive outcome. :( Apparently, the doc said my eggs were already detected to be abnormal before ICSI. Hearing that was quite a big blow to me.
Had a failed IUI in June, I didn't hope for much then cos I knew the possibility of a successful pregnancy via IUI is almost zero. Went ahead with it cos the doc suggested that we gave it a shot as there was a queue for IVF.

I can only start the next cycle after 3 months, so as to allow the ovaries to rest for now. In the meantime, guess I need to start watching my diet in order to improve the health/quality of the eggs. If God wills.

Hi all,
Am going thru to my 2nd ivf cycle FET after the 1st failed. It is a very time consumin process and wondering if i should quit my job which may take some stress off.
Can anyone share how they juggle ivf cycles with working. Or if anyone has taken path to resign. What has it been like.
Thanks!

I'm new to this forum and would like to say hello to everyone here. Hope I could gather tips and share my experiences (and frustrations) here. I was actually scheduled for ET this afternoon, but got a call from the doc at KKH this morning, delivering bad news. Two of my eggs that got fertilised are found to be abnormal, thus not viable to proceed with ET. What a heartbreak, I was so hopeful of a positive outcome. :( Apparently, the doc said my eggs were already detected to be abnormal before ICSI. Hearing that was quite a big blow to me.
Had a failed IUI in June, I didn't hope for much then cos I knew the possibility of a successful pregnancy via IUI is almost zero. Went ahead with it cos the doc suggested that we gave it a shot as there was a queue for IVF.

I can only start the next cycle after 3 months, so as to allow the ovaries to rest for now. In the meantime, guess I need to start watching my diet in order to improve the health/quality of the eggs. If God wills.
Hi Marni, sorry about ur cycle. How many eggs did they take out from you? Is this your first cycle? I understand ur feeling. I also at kkh for ivf, 2nd cycle for me cos 1st one failed. Now half way in 2nd cycle. I hope everyone here in forum can get pregnant soon. Have u taken any vitamins or supplement for eggs? U should try.

Hi Marni, sorry about ur cycle. How many eggs did they take out from you? Is this your first cycle? I understand ur feeling. I also at kkh for ivf, 2nd cycle for me cos 1st one failed. Now half way in 2nd cycle. I hope everyone here in forum can get pregnant soon. Have u taken any vitamins or supplement for eggs? U should try.

Hi @mimi_june, yes it is my first IVF cycle. Had 8 eggs retrieved, out of 5 that were injected, only 2 got fertilised.

I didn't take any other supplements prior to this, except for folic acid. Went online earlier and ordered FertilAid from iherb.com after reading good reviews of the product. Have you got anything to recommend? I've always taken for granted that I'm healthy and that my eggs are fine. Now, I'm worried.

I hope your cycle will be a smooth one and best wishes.

Hi @mimi_june, yes it is my first IVF cycle. Had 8 eggs retrieved, out of 5 that were injected, only 2 got fertilised.

I didn't take any other supplements prior to this, except for folic acid. Went online earlier and ordered FertilAid from iherb.com after reading good reviews of the product. Have you got anything to recommend? I've always taken for granted that I'm healthy and that my eggs are fine. Now, I'm worried.

I hope your cycle will be a smooth one and best wishes.
Hi Marni, thank you. I heard royal jelly and ubiquinol are good for eggs. U can research online about it. I bought them from iherb too. I wish this time round my eggs are better quality than last time. Wish u good luck for next round. Don't be sad and just prepare for the next.

Hi @Marni M.
My first cycle was cancelled too- but due to all my 5 eggs did not fertilised . According to doc, the sperm n egg did not even join. She said it might be the sperm prob. I understand exactly how u are feeling.. I was also dissapointed.
These are some vitamins i took... Vitamin c, folicacid and fish oiL. I did nt tke royal jelly and all cos of my asthma prob. I assume ur a muslim. If u are, When i started my jab, i found this juice in jb- jus zuriat anugerah...they have for both male n female. Maybe u can start that earlier :) let me know if u want a pic of it.
Anyway dont despair... Be strong and try again :)

Hi @mimi_june just did my ET on Mon...there were 4 eggs fertilised, so i put in 2 eggs and the other 2 frozen. now on patiently on my 2ww..
@ fafy You may want to try taking brazil nuts! Heard that it helps implantation! ladies from another forum thread also take chicken essence during 2ww. Some even make their own chicken essence! You may want to try! Most importantly is to stay positive & happy throughout your 2ww. All the best ya!

Last edited:
@ fafy You may want to try taking brazil nuts! Heard that it helps implantation! ladies from another forum thread also take chicken essence during 2ww. Some even make their own chicken essence! You may want to try! Most importantly is to stay positive & happy throughout your 2ww. All the best ya!
Hi @Mrs Chan00! :) yes i am eating a few brazil nuts evryday but not chicken essence thou. Cos i just cant swallow tht thing lol. But i took red date n longan soup. Ill try my best to stay positive n happpy Thank u

Hi @Fel C, I wanted to it in early December but was told that they will be shutting down the IVF centre in Dec and there PH January next year so the best is to do in Feb next year.

Are you starting your cycle currently?
@Jill Stuart my follow up checkup will be in mid oct. plan to do it on feb but i saw your schedule i guess mine might be march liao. during these period will u still try for nature first?

Hi all,
Am going thru to my 2nd ivf cycle FET after the 1st failed. It is a very time consumin process and wondering if i should quit my job which may take some stress off.
Can anyone share how they juggle ivf cycles with working. Or if anyone has taken path to resign. What has it been like.
Thanks!
@rox i also having the same thinking as urs but money is another factor to consider as this will be a prolong period. haiz

@rox i also having the same thinking as urs but money is another factor to consider as this will be a prolong period. haiz
Hi @rox i was on long cycle as well. I informed my manager thatvi was going thru this and applied unpaid leave from work. They were quite comppasionate and approve it. Maybe u can try this instead of resigning...

Hi thank you. Did my ER done this morning. Painful. My anesthesia wore off in middle of procedure and felt so painful. Now at home resting. Saturday will be ET. Excited. Let's pray hard that we can get pregnant soon.
ur anesthesia wore off in the middle of procedure! I cldnt imagine?! Anyway all the best for ur ET tomorrow! :)

@Fafy
Hi @rox i was on long cycle as well. I informed my manager thatvi was going thru this and applied unpaid leave from work. They were quite comppasionate and approve it. Maybe u can try this instead of resigning...

@Fafy. Thanks for the suggestion. How long did you go on unpaid leave?
Its hard to gauge how long the process will take and seem unfair to company and colleagues.

Hi thank you. Did my ER done this morning. Painful. My anesthesia wore off in middle of procedure and felt so painful. Now at home resting. Saturday will be ET. Excited. Let's pray hard that we can get pregnant soon.
mimi_june... please do rest well and prepare yourself for ET tmr. Jiayou!

@Fafy

@Fafy. Thanks for the suggestion. How long did you go on unpaid leave?
Its hard to gauge how long the process will take and seem unfair to company and colleagues.

@rox Initially i was suppose to be on 1 month, as i estimated from my 1st cycle. But then, they found water cyst and decided to put me on long cycle, so i extend another month- so total 2 months and then overlap with the 20days hospitalisation leave.

I will be starting my ivf next month in October at KKH. I would like to know if there's any payment during the first ivf consultation which means I need to go there when my full bleed comes. I heard that need to pay when you collect your injections at the pharmacy.

Hello all! I went for my first appt on 10th Sept with Dr Tan HH. Had to postpone because i suffered a fall in August and all TTC plans was put on hold =X So passed Dr Tan all my past reports and results from TFC. And you ladies are right, they did not reject me as what Dr Loh SF told me when we were at TFC. Feel like i have wasted so much time and money to go back to the same place which is to do IVF. So Dr Tan scheduled me for a blood test and i went back last Sat for a review. Good news is that the result all came back normal/good. Which means i was within the range for everything. But the not so good news is that it is recommended that i do IVF instead of IUI. So he referred me to IVF center and now i am just waiting for the call for them to tell me when it will be scheduled. I guess, based on the replies here, it will be a 3months wait?

Does anyone know what happens from here? I wait for them to call me 2 weeks later, to tell me the date of my ER? I know there is a counselling session? So when and how should i apply for subsidy? What are the out of pocket costs that i have to bear?

I am very very scared of needles and i really dont know how i can jab myself =( Is it very long/thick/scary?

What happens during ER/ET. They sound damn painful. do i need to be on bedrest of something? Cos i was hoping not to tell anyone that i am doing this but if i need to apply leave/MC will need to let the bosses know.

Sorry for the questions, just feeling, scared, excited.

Hello all! I went for my first appt on 10th Sept with Dr Tan HH. Had to postpone because i suffered a fall in August and all TTC plans was put on hold =X So passed Dr Tan all my past reports and results from TFC. And you ladies are right, they did not reject me as what Dr Loh SF told me when we were at TFC. Feel like i have wasted so much time and money to go back to the same place which is to do IVF. So Dr Tan scheduled me for a blood test and i went back last Sat for a review. Good news is that the result all came back normal/good. Which means i was within the range for everything. But the not so good news is that it is recommended that i do IVF instead of IUI. So he referred me to IVF center and now i am just waiting for the call for them to tell me when it will be scheduled. I guess, based on the replies here, it will be a 3months wait?

Does anyone know what happens from here? I wait for them to call me 2 weeks later, to tell me the date of my ER? I know there is a counselling session? So when and how should i apply for subsidy? What are the out of pocket costs that i have to bear?

I am very very scared of needles and i really dont know how i can jab myself =( Is it very long/thick/scary?

What happens during ER/ET. They sound damn painful. do i need to be on bedrest of something? Cos i was hoping not to tell anyone that i am doing this but if i need to apply leave/MC will need to let the bosses know.

Sorry for the questions, just feeling, scared, excited.

Hi they will call u for counseling and sign consent session. According to other saying kkivf will close on Dec. So u will be in next year Feb or Mar for ur IVF I guess. For subsidy, there are different type of government Co fund and amount of Medisave u can use. U can read more at kkivf page. For my 2 cycles cost around 10k plus but no cash involved cos it paid by Medisave plus government co-fund. For needles, if you are too scared, u can go back to kkh for nurse to inject for you. But will be troublesome for u cos u need to go to work afterward. Needles are not that big. Different med has different injection method. So depends on which injection u will be administered by doc. ER is bit painful process. U will put to sleep during the process and will have some light bleeding afterward. ET is easy process . Just about 5 mins and u can go home. Just don't do so much physical tiring things after ET should be OK. But some prefer stay home for few days after ET. So it is all up to individuals. They will give MC for ER and ET. U need to ask the nurse about how many days. Good luck to you.

Hi they will call u for counseling and sign consent session. According to other saying kkivf will close on Dec. So u will be in next year Feb or Mar for ur IVF I guess. For subsidy, there are different type of government Co fund and amount of Medisave u can use. U can read more at kkivf page. For my 2 cycles cost around 10k plus but no cash involved cos it paid by Medisave plus government co-fund. For needles, if you are too scared, u can go back to kkh for nurse to inject for you. But will be troublesome for u cos u need to go to work afterward. Needles are not that big. Different med has different injection method. So depends on which injection u will be administered by doc. ER is bit painful process. U will put to sleep during the process and will have some light bleeding afterward. ET is easy process . Just about 5 mins and u can go home. Just don't do so much physical tiring things after ET should be OK. But some prefer stay home for few days after ET. So it is all up to individuals. They will give MC for ER and ET. U need to ask the nurse about how many days. Good luck to you.

Thanks!! Yea i read that we get up to $6300 grant for the first cycle. Hopefully the needle is manageable =/

For ER you will be completely be under GA? How long is the entire process?

I

Thanks!! Yea i read that we get up to $6300 grant for the first cycle. Hopefully the needle is manageable =/

For ER you will be completely be under GA? How long is the entire process?

I
For injection, nurse will teach you how to inject by ourselves. U should be ok. My 1st cycle ER I was completely under GA during process. But 2nd cycle, I woke up during process and so more painful lor. It took about 20-30mins I guess. But before that u need to standby in room and wait for you turn. They have 3-4 ppl for ER on some days.

Wahhhh wake up halfway?!?!?!?! That is scary! So they inject you or let u breathe the gas? After the procedure, will observe you before letting you go?

For injection, nurse will teach you how to inject by ourselves. U should be ok. My 1st cycle ER I was completely under GA during process. But 2nd cycle, I woke up during process and so more painful lor. It took about 20-30mins I guess. But before that u need to standby in room and wait for you turn. They have 3-4 ppl for ER on some days.

Hope ur ET went well! Thanks again for sharing!!!

Wahhhh wake up halfway?!?!?!?! That is scary! So they inject you or let u breathe the gas? After the procedure, will observe you before letting you go?
They can't inject some more I guess. So I was there painfully for rest of procedure. The nurses observe you 1-2 hrs after that. Check the bleeding and put IV drip. Only u feel better then they let u go home. Too much bleeding or u not feel well then they will not let u go home. ☺☺

They can't inject some more I guess. So I was there painfully for rest of procedure. The nurses observe you 1-2 hrs after that. Check the bleeding and put IV drip. Only u feel better then they let u go home. Too much bleeding or u not feel well then they will not let u go home. ☺☺

OMG DAMN PAINFUL! I will scream leh if i wake up and they haven finish what they doing. =X

Hi beautiful ladies
I need your help. I'm trying to conceive and it's been 6 years. I have consulted few doctors here and they have suggested us to go for IUI or IVF. Being a foreigner on EP here, how much do I expect the cost of IUI in KK and in Mt.E.
It would be helpful if you could just tell me the approximate cost of IUI you had to pay.

Thank you

Wahhh damn angry. I just got a PM from someone in another forum and this was what she told me

"Read from the forum that you are contemplating IVF but is overweight. To be honest, dont't waste your money on IVF if you are overweight. The body fats levels will hinder your success rates.

Just will like to share with you that some of my friends tried a weight management program and took supplements to boost their fertility chances. They were overweight with high level of body fats and had already failed IVF at least once. they tried all methods, IVF, traditional chinese medicine to tiao, IUI, etc. They decided to try this weight management program and while in the midst of the program, they managed to conceive naturally. They were able to successfully give birth and there are no side effects of this weight management program to the mummy or baby.

If you will like to find out more or get a free body fat analysis, please PM me and I can link you up with my friends' consultant who helped them to lose weight and conceive naturally.

Not to worry, no hard selling or pushy sales. It is not like those commercial slimming centres whereby they push you to buy their packages before letting you leave the shop. The consultant will just do the body fat analysis for you, explain to you the numbers, explain about the program and its benefits and that's it. You can opt take up the program if you are convinced by it or to leave if you need more time to think about it.

Personally, I went through a long tedious road before I managed to conceive which is why I PM you to want to offer you some advice."

WTH, got so desperate for business anot. like that all fat people can go and die liao.

@mimi_june Hi there... Don't mind asking.. How is your blood test result? Any good news? I'm going for my ER tomorrow at KKH and praying hard everything goes smoothly..
Hi pink, my FET cancelled 2 weeks ago. Then menses never came full flow. So nurse advised to start another FET when menses full flow come. So I still waiting for auntie flo to come. Every times I didn't want it to come, it always come on time. Now I Wan it to come but it is not here yet. Haizzz . Good luck for ur ER. Rest well after that and u will be alright.

Hi pink, my FET cancelled 2 weeks ago. Then menses never came full flow. So nurse advised to start another FET when menses full flow come. So I still waiting for auntie flo to come. Every times I didn't want it to come, it always come on time. Now I Wan it to come but it is not here yet. Haizzz . Good luck for ur ER. Rest well after that and u will be alright.

Hi @mimi_june.. You mean you have to staff ivf all over again? Sorry but what is FET? Can i know due to what?

Hi @mimi_june.. You mean you have to staff ivf all over again? Sorry but what is FET? Can i know due to what?
Hi hi FET is frozen embryo transfer. I have few eggs frozen from my fresh cycle. Frozen cycle need to monitor ovulation, uterus lining, follicle Size. All must be optimal for frozen ones to transfer. But mine ovulated quite early. So need to cancel. But some hospital no need to care ovulation. Different hospital different procedures.

Hi hi FET is frozen embryo transfer. I have few eggs frozen from my fresh cycle. Frozen cycle need to monitor ovulation, uterus lining, follicle Size. All must be optimal for frozen ones to transfer. But mine ovulated quite early. So need to cancel. But some hospital no need to care ovulation. Different hospital different procedures.

@mimi_june Ohh ok.. How much is the annual fee for storage embryos per year?

There are 2 costs. Embryo freezing is $305 and embryo storage per year is $420. This is from kkh. I don't know about other hospital.

@mimi_june Thanks for the info... Tomorrow is my egg transfer and right now, i do not know the quality of the eggs, they told me that they retrieved 7 eggs... I'm pinning hopes for the eggs to be fertilized..

Back