Indonesian Helper

dmjgthompson

Dear all,

I have an Indonesian helper to let go. She is 43. She is very softspoken (she is from Java) and quiet. She has never borrowed money and on her off days on Sundays doesn't come home after nine.

The reason I am letting her go is because my husband has trouble communicating with her when I am away. I go away for a month several times a year. He is British and his accent is difficult to understand while her english is not as good as a filipina maid. She has worked for singaporeans of chinese, malay and indian descent here and it seems she is more used to the local accent.

She does understand basic mandarin although I am not sure how well she speaks it.

She is very patient with children. My children are six and eight and they both like her very much. I think she would be more suited to older kids as I don't think she has experience looking after babies. If you give a clear schedule of what she needs to do she will follow it. She is not very clever but she is obedient.

Please contact me on 97652395. I haven't broken the news to her yet so I would like interviews to start next week.

Thank you.

Back