2016/07 July babies

Heard that eat 韭菜 can wean off painfully.

Anyone here taking domperidone to increase the breast milk? My supply still very low, thinking to start taking the domperidone. But not sure if any side effect to the baby.

Took when at the hospital and got engorgement so stopped but not sure if it's due to medicine or milk just come it. Now also have low supply and did considered to take domperidone again, haven't decided.

Will you be taking? Where u getting the supply of domperidone?

Here are more info:
http://www.breastfeedingonline.com/domperidone.shtml#sthash.upZGaGMi.dpbs

Mummies whose babies are on full bm, does your baby still poo very frequent now? Mine seems to poo quite frequent, not sure if she is absorbing the nutrients, baby is 8 weeks 4 days now

Mine used to poo once every three days and highest record was 4 days. Last week the poo was more frequent and almost on a daily basis. On days that baby poop less, there were a lot of motion.

There was once we thought baby was done and we received a shooting splat. It was in a projectile motion and even got on my pants!

Mine used to poo once every three days and highest record was 4 days. Last week the poo was more frequent and almost on a daily basis. On days that baby poop less, there were a lot of motion.

There was once we thought baby was done and we received a shooting splat. It was in a projectile motion and even got on my pants!
Lol! KWL, that sounded horrifying. I nearly got that before too! But fortunately, it wasn't projectile style that day, it was like lava flowing out of a molten cake... It flowed out and filled the entire diaper as i was about to change her. It would hv been a huge mess had I removed the diaper a second earlier!

How do we put bb on tummy for tummy time? Do we first put bb on the side and slowly roll onto front? I tried for a few mins today n gave up in the end.

How do we put bb on tummy for tummy time? Do we first put bb on the side and slowly roll onto front? I tried for a few mins today n gave up in the end.

I will put bb on his side first, if he didn't struggle much, i will roll him onto his tummy. Once on his tummy, he will lie there for a while, don't want to move, like very tired. Only after a while, then he will start to move his butt, and then tried to lift his head. Usually his tummy time very short, he don't like to be on his tummy.

Lol! KWL, that sounded horrifying. I nearly got that before too! But fortunately, it wasn't projectile style that day, it was like lava flowing out of a molten cake... It flowed out and filled the entire diaper as i was about to change her. It would hv been a huge mess had I removed the diaper a second earlier!

Yes I experienced a few episodes of overflowing shit that spilled out of the diapers to stain bed, clothes, carpet, floor. Even got once baby swiped face with the soiled mitten. My CL even exclaimed, "baby 吃大便!”

So much until you simply don't know where to start. And to the point that you just have to wash the baby up.

If you think I am exaggerating, see the pic below:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

@KWL - disastrous indeed! :eek: Is the white with black designs sheet the cot sheet or a cover? Love it, minus the poop of cos, haha!

@sarah - what do you do with baby's arms when u roll him over? Must bend at elbow so he's kind of resting on his forearm? Or put a bolster so he can rest his chin on it else face down on bed?

PD recommend to put on mummy Tummy or shoulder like we burp them. I tried that. My baby can hold his neck for awhile. Now I put him on bed to do tummy time. He can lift up the neck. Lie on his tummy for like 5-10mins before complaining

I have got poop on my bed sheets a number of times , n usually after we change !

My gal doesn't like tummy time...after 1 min scream and cry

Reactions: KWL
@KWL - disastrous indeed! :eek: Is the white with black designs sheet the cot sheet or a cover? Love it, minus the poop of cos, haha!

@sarah - what do you do with baby's arms when u roll him over? Must bend at elbow so he's kind of resting on his forearm? Or put a bolster so he can rest his chin on it else face down on bed?
U put baby's hand like surrender or bend like crawling position. Whichever baby is comfortable.

Waterproof layer on diaper rack. Now I am thinking of switching to the conventional pink/blue rubber type of Mat which is easy to wash and dry.

A couple of times, baby must pee when I am switching from soiled to new diaper. That one second!

Learnt lesson so always always change diaper on changing station or yes those pink/blue plasticky mat. One time changed on bed and regretted. Then recently I changed her and even tho it was on changing station, I got a big fright and like jumped from scare when she farted really loud. Thank goodness it was just gas. You could say the previous sound wasn't just a sound which left an impression.

She also dislikes tummy time so I let her lay on my chest instead. If place on bed, I will put a little pillow or thick folded blanket under her hands so her upper body is elevated a little. Overall she looks stressed during tummy time. So I limit to few mins each time only. I know some babies can lift head higher by now but I let her do her pace. She will get there eventually.

Thanks to all for sharing on tummy time. Shall try tmr.
Talk about farting, mine farts a lot in her sleep, any other babies like that too? :D

My bb sleeps on his tummy so sometimes when I put him down he does not fall asleep immediately. He gets his tummy time practices there.

View attachment 655296

Recently he managed to "turn" himself over bcos he fell off from this position. He can't sleep on his back so wehh wehh wehh again...
Well done little fellow. Ya, like doing gym action. Haha.

oh, is effective then. You took it before food or after food? After taking it just DL baby, the domperidone is safe for baby right?
I took the domperidone after food. Doc prescribed 2 in the morning n2 at night. I din direct latch baby, I express instead.

Congrats piglet!! Your LO can really sleep very long.. Mine sleep very in the day n in the night she can sleep for 4 hrs max. Think I'm still far away from sleeping throughout the night!
Talking abt farting, my LO has been farting away last night. Wonder if is because of the food I'm taking making her feel so gassy or its juz normal? But after reading the forum, I think it's juz normal for them to fart frequently.

@tuna yeah I'll bend his hands slightly so he will rest on it. But he don't quite enjoy this kind of tummy time, so I'll just carry him against my shoulder when burping him. He can lift his head more this way and keep on moving to look around. Bad thing about this is when he's tired, his head will fall and knock into your head

My boy farts a lot too, but he only poo poo once a day. Just wee wee a lot. And he usually poo poo around 5+ 6pm. My mum says it's good to train him poo poo at certain timing. I wonder why. It's not like you can control when your poo wanna come out right?

Last night super nice to sleep cannot wake up and miss one pump session. Super full now

Mummies do U all find your babies kicking real harD and extending legs at full length very often?

Mummies do U all find your babies kicking real harD and extending legs at full length very often?

My boy extending his legs at full length when he's crying hard for his milk while I'm still warming up. Impatient boy. :mad:
When changing diapers, he will kick me hard on the tummy sometimes.

We train my baby to wee wee & poo poo before his morning shower since born. Make the noise. Morning shower ard 10+am after his feed. Now he used to that time n 60% will poo ard that time. After that he will be comfortable. Shiok Shiok. Evening time I started rubbing ruyi oil on his tummy after shower ard 4+pm. He can play play awhile then nap. His sleep routine will start ard 6.30pm. No play play after 6.30pm. When Dh come home, almost carry n soft talk to him.

@piglet02 Wah, I didn't know can train bb to poo and whee whee at certain timing. I tried to keep to a schedule on his feedings and bath time, but sometimes he just like to sleep till quite late, and I don't bear to wake him up to shower. Thus, can drag till around noon or even 1+pm then shower time.

Shall try to keep to a fixed schedule liao...if not everyday i gotta rush here and there....

@piglet02 Wah, I didn't know can train bb to poo and whee whee at certain timing. I tried to keep to a schedule on his feedings and bath time, but sometimes he just like to sleep till quite late, and I don't bear to wake him up to shower. Thus, can drag till around noon or even 1+pm then shower time.

Shall try to keep to a fixed schedule liao...if not everyday i gotta rush here and there....
No need to keep to same time. I just make the noise to indicate poo poo n wee wee before shower. Play play like that for 10mins then shower. Don't matter whether they poo anot.

No need to keep to same time. I just make the noise to indicate poo poo n wee wee before shower. Play play like that for 10mins then shower. Don't matter whether they poo anot.

I think I'm a strange mother, when my baby every 2 hours ask for milk, I will swear and curse why can't he sleep longer. Lately I realize he willing to drink more with mom milk bottle than avent. So I suspect maybe due to the teat. I change to number 2 teat and give him 100ml instead of the usual 80ml. He finished it, but now I start to worry why he didn't ask for milk..he drink at 12:30pm,4pm and now almost 7:30 already he didn't wake up for milk. Is this normal ?

I think I'm a strange mother, when my baby every 2 hours ask for milk, I will swear and curse why can't he sleep longer. Lately I realize he willing to drink more with mom milk bottle than avent. So I suspect maybe due to the teat. I change to number 2 teat and give him 100ml instead of the usual 80ml. He finished it, but now I start to worry why he didn't ask for milk..he drink at 12:30pm,4pm and now almost 7:30 already he didn't wake up for milk. Is this normal ?
Now they older can control the flow better. My baby use no.1 avent teats drink very slow n hard to suck. No.2 he drink faster

How do we know when we should change the teats? So far i'm still using avent number 1 too, and he seems alright. No much fidgeting during feeding.

Emk some days I also worry why LO doesn't wake up when it has passed 3hrs from last feed. But sleep is good for baby so let them sleep I guess.

I've changed to avent teat #2 since 4weeks. Will change to teat #3 in a months time. #3 is for 3mth onwards.

Wondering how many milk bottles do you all have that's sufficient ? I have 4 and contemplate to get another.

Emk some days I also worry why LO doesn't wake up when it has passed 3hrs from last feed. But sleep is good for baby so let them sleep I guess.

I've changed to avent teat #2 since 4weeks. Will change to teat #3 in a months time. #3 is for 3mth onwards.

Wondering how many milk bottles do you all have that's sufficient ? I have 4 and contemplate to get another.
Redvel, need to check if the IFC will wash the bottles for you, if not u need more. One of the IFC I visited, they said they won't wash the bottles for me, they will just rinse.

Now I have quite a lot of bottles coz trial and error to find one suitable for my Gal... 2 pigeon , 2 NUK and 3'dr brown. So far find dr brown good and she is ok with dr brown and nuk. Pigeon sometimes ok, sometimes she seems to struggle when she drinks from the bottle... Will cry and drink

@redvel I have 5 bottles but only use 4 coz he doesn't like 1 of the bottle. I'm tempting to get 2 more mam bottles since he like it so much. Agreed with you sleep is good for baby but also kind of worry he will get dehydrated. Haha

How do we know when we should change the teats? So far i'm still using avent number 1 too, and he seems alright. No much fidgeting during feeding.
When the teat is getting cloudy. Time to change new one. Average my boy take abt 20min to finish 90ml. Until past 2weeks he keep pushing out the milk bottle. Take lot of energy to sucks. I upgrade the teat size during the day time to observe while he got choke during drinking.

@piglet02 thanks! He takes about 20 mins to finish his milk too, 120ml. Will keep monitoring, but I better prepare new teats first :)

I have 4 bottles now, usually will only do 1 round of cleaning after using 3 bottles. But once I start work, my MIL will help take care, so now I'm thinking what to prepare extra to put at her house.

Yesterday didn't sleep well too. Latch my boy at 9+pm and he fell asleep. He only woke up this morning around 530am for his milk. That's almost 9 hours without drinking! :eek:

After feeding changed his diaper, not a lot of whee whee too. Scared he's dehydrated. o_O

@piglet02 thanks! He takes about 20 mins to finish his milk too, 120ml. Will keep monitoring, but I better prepare new teats first :)

I have 4 bottles now, usually will only do 1 round of cleaning after using 3 bottles. But once I start work, my MIL will help take care, so now I'm thinking what to prepare extra to put at her house.
I use 6bottles morning wash. Use until I come home. Then Dh will wash all the bottles + my pump ard 8.30pm to last until next morning. If you bring baby to your ml place. U need to put 1pkt of diaper. 1tin of FM. Put some clothes at least 5sets. Top up when finish. Then u no need to bring everyday to her place.

Ooo my mum will help to shower baby at late afternoon. So evening time we will have dinner at her place before head home. Like that at home only put baby to bed n we can rest. Too

Yesterday didn't sleep well too. Latch my boy at 9+pm and he fell asleep. He only woke up this morning around 530am for his milk. That's almost 9 hours without drinking! :eek:

After feeding changed his diaper, not a lot of whee whee too. Scared he's dehydrated. o_O
Don't worry. Now baby bigger n more use to the environment. Just make sure daytime he has enough milk.

My boy now also sleep thru the night most of the time. Last feed sometime 9.30pm sometime 11.30pm then sleep until 5.30am -6.30am

@piglet02 Thank you! I'll prepare all these stuff to bring to her place. Our plan is also to go her place and have dinner before bringing bb home. This way at least can have some interaction time with him before we turn him in for the night.

Yeah, he seems happy this morning. I supposed he slept well throughout haha! :)

When the teat is getting cloudy. Time to change new one. Average my boy take abt 20min to finish 90ml. Until past 2weeks he keep pushing out the milk bottle. Take lot of energy to sucks. I upgrade the teat size during the day time to observe while he got choke during drinking.
90ml for 2 or 3 hourly ?

It is ok for baby to sleep longer as they grow. 5w old can go 5hrs, 8w old can go 8hrs w/o feed. Dun worry!

My baby just started to go 4hrs and last nite I dragged until 5hrs... Hopefully this will help him to extend his night sleep w/o feeding...

Gan, yes the IFC sterilizes bottles and they also wash bb backside when they poo.

Does this formula apply to your baby? 75ml of milk for every pound. That's what I read from Internet. My bb is almost 11pound so that works out to be 800ml a day. As a guide. But most days she only can hit 650ml or less. Occasionally then can drink more than 700ml.

I know this is just a reference as all bbs are different. But I like to hear yours:)

Last edited:
Wah took me a long time to catch up on all of your experiences! Looks like everyone is getting the hang of things!

Bubbles is finally discharged from jaundice checks at polyclinic even though she 'failed' by 2 pts...last 3 days growth spurt, cannot even put her down and latch almost every hr. Siong. But last night finally drag out to almost 6 hrs straight, as compared to her previous 4 hr night stretches.

I have been babywearing her out since delivery for at first, daily jaundice checks, then weekly. After 'confinement' we have been out about 2-3 times a week, just for lunch or to pick up groceries. I think it helps in getting her to sleep better at night, but she does require cluster feeds and more quiet time before she settles in. Still struggling with tummy time, and haven't yet bought the playmat.

Took her to IKEA today, omg. Poonami x 2 while feeding her, 1st round so bad it leaked onto her romper. Heng I always bring extra romper out, and that it didn't stain the wrap, or I would have to carry a half naked baby home by cab XD

@snowfern wah! You are good at bringing bb out! Just 2 days ago, I brought my boy out to NTUC for grocery shopping. He was sleeping in the carrier but suddenly wake up. For awhile he just look around, then suddenly he cried. Can't imagine if my hub haven't came along. A crying baby while pushing the trolley :eek:

I think gotta train him to sleep at crowded places. If not I cannot go out for long next time.

@snowfern - your poonami stories always crack me up! :D

Is anyone using the Tula carrier? Do u use the infant insert? I don't, but can't help thinking if it's OK, because bb's legs are opened very wide inside.

Back