Pregnant again after 10years

Thanks all mummies for the encouragement and kind wishes. I will stay strong and happy!! This pregnancy is different from my other 2, when I am still in my 20s. Feel so tired everyday, don't feel like moving and just wanna stay on my bed the whole day, haha. Hungry every few hours but don't feel like eating.

Thanks all mummies for the encouragement and kind wishes. I will stay strong and happy!! This pregnancy is different from my other 2, when I am still in my 20s. Feel so tired everyday, don't feel like moving and just wanna stay on my bed the whole day, haha. Hungry every few hours but don't feel like eating.
Same mummy... in my 20s wen im preggy, im active alwys walk around bt wen i got preggy in 2015 n im already in my mid 30s... its totally diff, alwys tired.... bt for e sake of e bby, ive to keep fit n healthy...bt everythng hv to b balance...:D

Same here!!.. This preg is 10 years apart from the last one. I don't have energy to do anything except eat and sleep for the first 4months. Only regain some energy after that. Now I'm in my 6mths plus, maybe due to bigger tummy and heavier I can't walk too much or too long. Lying down on bed still my best friend. Haha.. Endure endure. Will be over soon, after that is another set of new challenge. Salute to all the mummies out there.

Salute to all the mommies here... I have 3 kids, each 3 years apart, and indeed, I did feel the "impact of old age!", and in my case, also the running around for the third. A lot of things "went wrong" when we were having the third... a difficult pregnancy, a maid that left because she didn't want to deal with #3, followed by 4 maids that didn't work out, etc etc. But whenever I look at #3, I think everything is so worth it, and I cannot imagine a life without #3, it would be so empty. I am almost 40 but if I am younger, I would chiong for a #4!

To all mommies, no matter how hard it seems, just think of it as a blessing, a small price to pay for a great blessing. I plan to stop work to do some private "community work" such as helping other mommies to babysit (while they figure out the long term childcare plan), and also signing up to be a foster parent. :)

To all the mommies here, jia-you!

Salute to all the mommies here... I have 3 kids, each 3 years apart, and indeed, I did feel the "impact of old age!", and in my case, also the running around for the third. A lot of things "went wrong" when we were having the third... a difficult pregnancy, a maid that left because she didn't want to deal with #3, followed by 4 maids that didn't work out, etc etc. But whenever I look at #3, I think everything is so worth it, and I cannot imagine a life without #3, it would be so empty. I am almost 40 but if I am younger, I would chiong for a #4!

To all mommies, no matter how hard it seems, just think of it as a blessing, a small price to pay for a great blessing. I plan to stop work to do some private "community work" such as helping other mommies to babysit (while they figure out the long term childcare plan), and also signing up to be a foster parent. :)

To all the mommies here, jia-you!
God bless u mummy.... :)

This pregnancy rly very Xin ku.. I just want to rant about it. Sorry mummies..

Nowadays I keep having this sharp pain at the left side of my pelvic whenever I stand up and walk. The pain make me walk in a very awkward manner and very slow. I have to take painkillers to ease the pain.

Any mummy got this problem? You knw what happen?

when i carried my second bb, i had similar pain at back of pelvic during the second tri...something to do with positioning and weight of bb, later in third tri...that pain went away... it was too long time ago, cannot remember the exact reasons explained by the gynae...

I went for my gynae check. He said cos this is my 3rd baby, my muscles not as strong so when the weight of the baby keep pushing down to the pelvic area will cause pain. He says something like u exercise too much and get muscles aches. Only remedy is bed rest. Cos walking too much or up too much gravity pull will make it worse. I'm on 1 month hospital leave starting Jun. Hopefully can recover fr the pain. It's so irritating and painful and I walked like a penguin now.

Sometimes, there are things we can control and things we can't - like age, gravity, health... I had terrible morning sickness, too, when carrying the third baby especially. And then I tried to tell myself what a bonus blessing #3 is, and all this will eventually come to a great end - the birth of a new baby! I refused to be affected by the morning sickness! My motto was "Morning Sickness is inevitable - suffering is optional!"... I would treat myself to great yummy food and whatever I wanted to eat (because I tell myself and everyone... I threw up so much, I should just focus on what I at least feel like eating!)... and I threw up from morning till night (had terrible heartburns, too!)... And then of course I had the pains, but still "Pain is inevitable - suffering is optional". So just let the day go on beautifully and positively without feeling burdened by the pains or the vomiting!

Jia you, all mothers!

Mummies, side track abit.. I thinking of catering confinement food. Anybody here tired any before got any preference or recommendation?

Hola all mummies... being preggy is a blessings.... even if its 10 or more years apart as long as ure well prepared and ready again den it shud b great.. bt if ure nt prepared n its a 50/50 feelings betta relax n think it over.. dun stress out urself.....think abt e innocent bby n e future ahead of everthng, whether cn cope or nt.. if nt someone will definitely suffer.. i really hope u all undastnd wat i mean. I jus read n article abt this lady who is preggy again e 6th child, killed her 2yrs old son.. it really shed me into tears. Dis is wat i mean by nt prepared at all abt e pregnancy n depression, the child suffer...haiz

Jus wanna share to all...**sob sob**

Hi ladies, I have given birth on 1aug... Finally the pregnancy ordeal is over and start of new ones.. Haha.. Sleepless nights and engorged breasts, painful womb contractions and heavy bleeding.

Wanna ask u ladies, any recommendation on 1st mth venue celebration and buffet. Where did u go do ur baby's 1st mth?

Congrats !
I held full mth at home cos I find it a hassle to bring bb and all the stuff to outside location .
I did attend baby showers in clubs like civil service club, Safra , indoor playground etc . U may want to consuder

Congrats !
I held full mth at home cos I find it a hassle to bring bb and all the stuff to outside location .
I did attend baby showers in clubs like civil service club, Safra , indoor playground etc . U may want to consuder

Then which buffet did u cater? How's the food? I also thinking maybe just do it at home, cos until now my in laws still haven decide when to hold the 1st mth celebration cos they gg overseas. If do earlier it's still 7th mth, my hub pang tang. Do later the parents not around. So last min all places also fully booked Liao. Somemore gg to be school holiday. Headache to deal with in laws.

Then which buffet did u cater? How's the food? I also thinking maybe just do it at home, cos until now my in laws still haven decide when to hold the 1st mth celebration cos they gg overseas. If do earlier it's still 7th mth, my hub pang tang. Do later the parents not around. So last min all places also fully booked Liao. Somemore gg to be school holiday. Headache to deal with in laws.
Oh I catered vegetarian food. I tried Xin Yi pin at my cousin baby shower. Quite nice .

hi mommies,

Any of ur LO has jaundice problem. I knw that jaundice is very common in newborns. But too high is not good. Mine alrd in his 2nd week, level has dropped but still not at ideal level yet. Heart pain to keep sending baby for the jaundice test and gets pricked everytime.

My previous 2 kiddos have already grown up, both alrd 10years old. Cannot rem how it was during that time for them.

This 3rd one is like my first newborn. I have re-learn everything. Gets abit hands n legs mixed up when bringing baby out for checkup.

I went to polyclinic to do the jaundice test. Previously all the jaundice tests are done at Mount A. Price at $85 per test at Mount A. Polyclinic only charge me $8, such big difference in pricing. And the advises given by the doctor there and the pd are totally different as well. So what is what. Confused. Just want baby faster recover his jaundice.

Pls share with me ur experience

Hey, congo dear. Liked this thread. And if mom's are comfortable then baby after many years doesn't matter. It's only thing to take care of yourself and the baby too. You need the most care of yourself every moment.

I bought herb from Chinese medical hall for baby to shower and wipe body. It's a kind of flower, have to crush and boil it with water , then use water to wipe down body. Although no scientific proof , I feel that no harm trying . Also I bring bb to sun every morning , only with diapers and cover up eyes
I do also feed fM and water so to increase liquid intake and produce more urine. However these are not recommended by pd, so depends on your own comfort level .

I also cut down on ginger and alcohol in my confinement food as I was breastfeeding . Totally understand on the legs and hands mixed up part.. I was like that when my no2 was born. All become so new to me

I also cut down on ginger and alcohol in my confinement food as I was breastfeeding . Totally understand on the legs and hands mixed up part.. I was like that when my no2 was born. All become so new to me

Ya.. Haha.. On learning stage now. Trying to learn the diff cues from baby. Like if he's hungry or if he just want to cuddle. Everyday practicing and watching him grow up day by day is a satisfying achievement. Although I'm shag ttm. Sometimes also quite annoying when he doesn't want to sleep in the middle of the night after feeding. I will throw temper and wake my hub up to feed baby or make my hub accompany him while I just turn my back n sleep. Haha..

And oh my baby's jaundice level has gone down to 101. Have done the liver jaundice test also, his liver is ok. I have stopped eating all herbs for one week, I didn't sun baby, cos sun tanning might dehydrate baby further and increase the jaundice level. I bring baby to Yuguo to tui na and wrap the med bag around his tummy. Supppse to wrap 24hours per med bag but alwys end up only survive for one diaper change time only cos by the next diaper change, the med bag will be soaked with urine and his poop. Haha.

Still have to go back polyclinc to retest until the level go down to below 100. Poor baby keep gana prick on his little foot every week to do the blood test.

I am also a mummy of two eldest is 8 and second is 4 and Ive spotting and went gyne to see if ultraosunda scans are normal. I have cleared that as normal as say if menses not return in a week gotta do a preganacy test as my lining seems thick butt not yet shed. I am worried as i have no intention for a thrid one. Hope to hear you mummies views. worried

I am also a mummy of two eldest is 8 and second is 4 and Ive spotting and went gyne to see if ultraosunda scans are normal. I have cleared that as normal as say if menses not return in a week gotta do a preganacy test as my lining seems thick butt not yet shed. I am worried as i have no intention for a thrid one. Hope to hear you mummies views. worried

I had a friend in similar situation, except she really wanted to have another one. She was very happy when she found out that she was pregnant. Unfortunately, she had very bad symptoms - nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, migraine, lethargic. So bad that she felt that she couldn't cope with the pregnancy AND take care of the children. At the end she chose a termination. It had been 2 mths but she still feels very guilty about her decision - what if she had tried to tough it out?

The thing is, everyone that decided to have this bonus baby will not regret once the baby is in their hands. Meanwhile, many that made a different choice will live with the doubt and sometimes, the guilt. So, choose wisely - for what is right for you and your family.

HiHi,

How r u? Menses come? Be it whether it's a positive or negative preg test, u should feel happy.. Cos of menses come means u r not preg which is what u want, if doesn't come n u r preg, it's God's gift for u. Accept and welcome the gift with open arms. I too don't have intention to have the 3rd child especially I already have my freedom cos my 2 kiddos are big enough to be quite independent. My pregnancy wasn't smooth as well as compared to my previous two. This one was a turmoil, I had very very bad nausea the whole day, super tired and I had pelvic pain started v early at 2nd trimester which make me having difficulty in walking. Now baby is born, is sleepless nights, restless day, super tired everyday and got ugly and fat all over again, but facing the baby makes me think I made the right choice to keep. A lot of ppl always make the easy way out is to exit, end up feeling guilty for the rest of their lives. It's my own opinion and I respect every individual decision..

God bless u..

Hi,

It's been quite sometime since I last log into smh.. recently this though had been in my mind for quite awhile. I've a 8yo gal.. everything was perfectly. Till recent both me and my hb had wanted to try for 2nd one.. I've quite a few worries in me, I worry that I'm unable to handle 2 at a go, as one its infant stages another one it's battling through academy stages.. and moreover e overall starting point again.. can't handle stress well, anger management also a struggling.. lol.... should I or should I not?

Hi,

It's been quite sometime since I last log into smh.. recently this though had been in my mind for quite awhile. I've a 8yo gal.. everything was perfectly. Till recent both me and my hb had wanted to try for 2nd one.. I've quite a few worries in me, I worry that I'm unable to handle 2 at a go, as one its infant stages another one it's battling through academy stages.. and moreover e overall starting point again.. can't handle stress well, anger management also a struggling.. lol.... should I or should I not?

Because your girl is 8yo, she will understand a bit. Try to engage her and start with, "Shall we have another baby? Then you will have a sibling to play (and fight!) with... try to get her to buy in. But I think shd try to really sell her the idea. I used to do that... and I "market" it as "YOUR DIDI/MEIMEI".... so when we can't do something together it is "YOUR didi/meimei"... not really MY BABY.

Nothing will prepare us 100%. So long as you are committed, the rest are just noise and something that happens along the way. Don't think about all the possibilities.

Hi,

I had 2kiddos both 10yo. Had another one accidentally recently now 2mths old. It's rly quite a challenge especially age catching up, n u hav to deal with sleepless nights, hav to readjust ur life again, losing of freedom, increasing of financial expenses, losing my figure agn :( BUT amidst all these I still thank God for giving us this baby. Every life is a gift. Some ppl want baby their whole life also cannot hav. I shld count it a blessing for my family with an additional member. Now my family is noisier in a happy way, my elder kids after sch first thing is look for their didi when they cm back hm.

At the end of the day I think u shld just let nature take its course. Don't b too stressed up about it. Jiayou!!

Thanks 妈咪们,(mummies) for your great advice Weeks back had brought up this topic sharing with my gal.. she's happy that finally she's had someone to accompanied with and it's eagerly waiting for it... though factory have not starts operating yet.. hahaa.. on e others hands she's sort of worrying we would lost e connection with her and busy engaging ourself with e 2nd one.. as being e only child it's 100% attention given to her.. I do believe she need time to adapt to it, and so does us!

Thanks 妈咪们,(mummies) for your great advice Weeks back had brought up this topic sharing with my gal.. she's happy that finally she's had someone to accompanied with and it's eagerly waiting for it... though factory have not starts operating yet.. hahaa.. on e others hands she's sort of worrying we would lost e connection with her and busy engaging ourself with e 2nd one.. as being e only child it's 100% attention given to her.. I do believe she need time to adapt to it, and so does us!

Hav to reassure ur daughter that she still have all the love and attention n constantly keep her engaged when baby comes out. E.g., I will ask my older kids take turn to bottle feed baby, play with didi (like that can hav some time off for myself, haha) but there will b times when u will "forgotten" abt the older one when the small one is demanding for attention. Aft that I will go bk to my older kids n play with them also.

God bless..

Back