Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

Ya! you & phoebe are doing a great job! In sync with each other; like what they say, like mother, like daughter...
I think my relatives are amazed that I can be in the labour room alone w/o hubs. But the thing is that they didn't know that it's not by choice :/
Me 1st time ecase. Blur blur Went in alone n half awake for csect. This time pre plan csect. Drag my Dh in. More scared than 1st time. Dr THH scared me before he left the theatre ask me want nos.3 Wahahaha.

Yah...my bub always scream/cry like crazy when I use the nasal thingy on him...my friend's hubby more solid....He use his mouth to suck out d mucus which although as much as I love my bub...I don't dare to do it cos incase I hv a up coming flu/cough which will spread to bub instead. ...

My hubby did that when my son had flu. :p At first I was like eeeeee but after that was so touched that he did that for our little boy.

Me 1st time ecase. Blur blur Went in alone n half awake for csect. This time pre plan csect. Drag my Dh in. More scared than 1st time. Dr THH scared me before he left the theatre ask me want nos.3 Wahahaha.
Hahaha! He v standard one - "do you still want another kid?" I said "hopefully" then he asked "financially not siong meh?", I asked him back "then you want us to have another kid or not? :p

Haha. Heng no... food portion a lot. Buffet from one of our friends. Cheap and alot. Delicious.. but I no time eat. Groups came at same time. Run here run there like wedding..haha. of cos got ppl put aeroplane last min too..
Buay Zi dong laaaa, those peeps, did they bring along plastic containers to tabao or not :p

Sometimes I think it really takes teamwork between daddy & mommy to smoothly tide over this 3-month transistion period (yeah to get used to a newborn needs about 3 months, generally). I am ever grateful to my hubs for waking up in the much hated wee hours (2-4am) to feed LO and to change his soiled diapers as & when. To make sure that I have enough BM, he cooks fish & soup for dinner everyday. Feeling very blessed. It's difficult if i were to handle this alone

I showed my hubby your msg and told him seeeee sooo sweet. He answer Aiya other ppl hubby younger more energy n maybe his work not stressful. Kns pui. Haha.

Yes I have. Alresdy on it. Do u think is better if I leave the Aircon on for them today?

Phantom I have the nasal spray too. It can help dissolve the nose mucus n my boy after spray will sneeze it out but not always effective. U can try elevate the cot so that he can breathe better.

Hi if use the nasal spray will the bb be shocked with the sudden jet of spray?
I'm looking for something to elevate the cot as well cos I find that they sleep better in rocker as 45 degrees but once on flat surface my boy have a lot of noise.

Thanks

haiz!!! Getting used to it is tough esp when there is a toddler around and he's mischievous (could be didi' existence) lack of zzzz makes me snap easily and I guess it just didn't help matters...so hubs and I take turns with the kids. When I attend to #1, I made sure I give my full attention to him
You just have to ride through it and the family will get used to it soon. Your #1 will also learn to love his didi, just give him more time. Get him involved when you are handling #2, like cleaning his mouth after feed, running errands like fetching didi's diaper, wet wipes etc. Be prepared to vomit blood too. :D

It does makes things worse when the elder one is a boy and is active plus mischievous. This is part of their growing phase and you can't really help it. In time to come, when he starts to do things on his own (like drying himself after shower, wearing his own shirt, going to toilet himself), you'll realise that he no longer needs us as much as before and wish that time will just stop for a moment. It kinda sad just thinking about it. :(

Ehhh...also not so fast one laa, must have my fill of Heineken first before chiong...it will be a fresh cycle again...heh

Hahaha! He v standard one - "do you still want another kid?" I said "hopefully" then he asked "financially not siong meh?", I asked him back "then you want us to have another kid or not? :p
Cannot wait too long too coz age will catch up soon le. Now with an on-going war at home where most of the time you and hubs have to do 1-to-1 with the children, would you think you can handle a #3, assuming still no external help? Hai.... i am seriously considering now, though THH kept asking me to do 1 last FET to use up all the embryos. Hmm....

Haha. Heng no... food portion a lot. Buffet from one of our friends. Cheap and alot. Delicious.. but I no time eat. Groups came at same time. Run here run there like wedding..haha. of cos got ppl put aeroplane last min too..
Can eat with your guests while you are busy entertaining? Should shoo them off early coz your ah boy needs to rest after recovering from his "flu" mah. It's a valid reason to cut short the whole session. LOL

I'm looking for something to elevate the cot as well cos I find that they sleep better in rocker as 45 degrees but once on flat surface my boy have a lot of noise.

Thanks
Yes. Baby will be angry n cry too. U can use a pillow put below the cot mattress.

Thanks

Definitely. ..no bb like to do it.....mine screamed n cried until I scare my neighbour call police as they may think I abusing bb...

Hi if use the nasal spray will the bb be shocked with the sudden jet of spray?Thanks
They will cos it's something "foreign" into their nose. Even when you try to clean the surface of their nose, the babies would also fidget left and right. So you must be quick in spraying so that by the time they react, you are done and need not wrestle with their movement.

My hubby did that when my son had flu. :p At first I was like eeeeee but after that was so touched that he did that for our little boy.

Don't have to really use the mouth to suck out. Can get the nose cleaner.

(http://pigeon.com.sg/product_uri/health-care/nose-cleaner-tube-type/)

image.jpeg

may i ask for those c sect mummies, u chose half GA or full GA? can gv me some advice, thx #firsttimemom
Half GA is more safe n you get to see baby immediately when baby come out. If pre plan, hubby can go in together with you.
Normally gynea will recommend half too. Unless got some conditions then will go for full.

may i ask for those c sect mummies, u chose half GA or full GA? can gv me some advice, thx #firsttimemom
I did half (epidural) for my elective c sect. Usually Gynae will prefer half unless emergency or certain medical conditions. Seeing your newborn immediately with your hubby helps in bonding and stimulates the hormones which benefits the mummy in recovery & breastfeeding better. After that, your hubby will follow the nurse who carries the newborn away for weighing, cleaning etc, while the doc continue to stitch your wound. If thereafter they sense that you feel uncomfortable or show any distress due to the birth pressure or stitching, the doc may then sedate you to finish up the procedure and you will be awaken by the time you are brought to your ward.

I did half (epidural) for my elective c sect. Usually Gynae will prefer half unless emergency or certain medical conditions. Seeing your newborn immediately with your hubby helps in bonding and stimulates the hormones which benefits the mummy in recovery & breastfeeding better. After that, your hubby will follow the nurse who carries the newborn away for weighing, cleaning etc, while the doc continue to stitch your wound. If thereafter they sense that you feel uncomfortable or show any distress due to the birth pressure or stitching, the doc may then sedate you to finish up the procedure and you will be awaken by the time you are brought to your ward.
thx Dawn, do u feel pain when the doc stitch n r u able to see those bloody .... heard that half GA recovery is faster than full GA? juz wonder am I brave to go thr half GA

thx Dawn, do u feel pain when the doc stitch n r u able to see those bloody .... heard that half GA recovery is faster than full GA? juz wonder am I brave to go thr half GA
Don't mention :)
You will not be able to see what the doc is doing to your belly or womb throughout the procedure as they will drape a surgical cloth in front of you to block your view. I also don't recall seeing any blood. The most action you will probably see is when the doc is birthing your bb, you see one or two assistant medical staff behind you or at the sides help to press down on the upper part of your belly so that bb can pass through your womb & belly opening. This pressing is no different from vaginal birth process. With epidural, you will not feel any pain, only pressure and tugging at your belly area. Perhaps the only conscious pain was when the anesthetist inject the LA on your back and then inject the epidural which anyway take effect within minutes. The anaesthetist will be there to monitor your reaction including bp etc throughout the procedure. In fact for me, the moment seeing my bb, hearing her first cry, feeling her on my chest and taking photos before she was carried away sort of gave a natural endorphin boost which made me oblivious to the doc's cleaning & stitching. After hubby & bb left, I started to feel the pressure & tugging and perhaps the vital stats or my face indicated it so anesthetist suggested sedation for the rest of the procedure.
After waking up, I felt alright and pain was managed with a pressure bandage (very tight strong adhesive bandage) and the painkiller via IV drip for a day during which I was required to bedrest. I also had anti-embolism stockings to prevent blood clots in the legs and was given oral painkiller meds. The next morning, doc came to remove the bandage, check all Is fine and ordered to replace with binder and IV to be removed. I was also required to get down to walk around by 2nd day. With the bandage and binder, I felt the pain was really manageble and by the 3rd day, I could discontinue my painkiller meds by option and was discharged. You will be prescribed oral painkillers to continue as needed till your next follow up check up with doc.
Sorry for the long post. I had the same concerns before my c sect so I feel you. Thought I better share as much as possible when these are still fresh in my memory. I would say if you have choice, go for half GA which has less negative effects & risks compared to full GA. The precious moment of seeing and feeling your bb as soon as bb is born is a very good motivation as least for me.

You just have to ride through it and the family will get used to it soon. Your #1 will also learn to love his didi, just give him more time. Get him involved when you are handling #2, like cleaning his mouth after feed, running errands like fetching didi's diaper, wet wipes etc. Be prepared to vomit blood too. :D

It does makes things worse when the elder one is a boy and is active plus mischievous. This is part of their growing phase and you can't really help it. In time to come, when he starts to do things on his own (like drying himself after shower, wearing his own shirt, going to toilet himself), you'll realise that he no longer needs us as much as before and wish that time will just stop for a moment. It kinda sad just thinking about it. :(
Yup, we did get him involved in handling #2....he does a good job too. Just that I know right now our attention is split, so sometimes he does funny things like putting fingers into his mouth, playing with the doors, switching on every light in the house etc to gain attention. Then naturally we scold or smack him when he does that. Time is quite tied cos #2 needs alot of attention like drinking milk (he's a milk monster, can drink 100ml plus in one feeding and cos he drinks alot, he poops alot too and cos he poops and drinks alot, when we change his diapers, he wakes up and settling him to zzz requires time :/) Plus I need to pump milk every 3 hours. Haiz.

True also...he does those things that you mentioned above, happy that he's getting more and more independent, but sad that he's a step further away from us :/

Don't mention :)
You will not be able to see what the doc is doing to your belly or womb throughout the procedure as they will drape a surgical cloth in front of you to block your view. I also don't recall seeing any blood. The most action you will probably see is when the doc is birthing your bb, you see one or two assistant medical staff behind you or at the sides help to press down on the upper part of your belly so that bb can pass through your womb & belly opening. This pressing is no different from vaginal birth process. With epidural, you will not feel any pain, only pressure and tugging at your belly area. Perhaps the only conscious pain was when the anesthetist inject the LA on your back and then inject the epidural which anyway take effect within minutes. The anaesthetist will be there to monitor your reaction including bp etc throughout the procedure. In fact for me, the moment seeing my bb, hearing her first cry, feeling her on my chest and taking photos before she was carried away sort of gave a natural endorphin boost which made me oblivious to the doc's cleaning & stitching. After hubby & bb left, I started to feel the pressure & tugging and perhaps the vital stats or my face indicated it so anesthetist suggested sedation for the rest of the procedure.
After waking up, I felt alright and pain was managed with a pressure bandage (very tight strong adhesive bandage) and the painkiller via IV drip for a day during which I was required to bedrest. I also had anti-embolism stockings to prevent blood clots in the legs and was given oral painkiller meds. The next morning, doc came to remove the bandage, check all Is fine and ordered to replace with binder and IV to be removed. I was also required to get down to walk around by 2nd day. With the bandage and binder, I felt the pain was really manageble and by the 3rd day, I could discontinue my painkiller meds by option and was discharged. You will be prescribed oral painkillers to continue as needed till your next follow up check up with doc.
Sorry for the long post. I had the same concerns before my c sect so I feel you. Thought I better share as much as possible when these are still fresh in my memory. I would say if you have choice, go for half GA which has less negative effects & risks compared to full GA. The precious moment of seeing and feeling your bb as soon as bb is born is a very good motivation as least for me.
Ya, the best part of labour is when you get to hold the baby (still wet and slippery) in your bosom....this is really like love BEFORE first sight lorr...

what patches/repellant u all use?
I researched before and also read in newspapers that to be effective agst Aedes mosquitos, you need DEET in repellent spray and OFF brand is recommended.
http://www.today.com/health/consumer-reports-tests-reveal-best-insect-repellents-t20756
But bb is so small, so we have not used any spray on bb. So for now only adults using spray as needed when going outdoors. We stay in most of the time and keep a look out for mosquitos frequently. Let in bright light during the day and did use the tiger brand citronella patches on beddings or furnishings near where bb sleeps but never put on her clothing yet. So far so good lah

I researched before and also read in newspapers that to be effective agst Aedes mosquitos, you need DEET in repellent spray and OFF brand is recommended.
http://www.today.com/health/consumer-reports-tests-reveal-best-insect-repellents-t20756
But bb is so small, so we have not used any spray on bb. So for now only adults using spray as needed when going outdoors. We stay in most of the time and keep a look out for mosquitos frequently. Let in bright light during the day and did use the tiger brand citronella patches on beddings or furnishings near where bb sleeps but never put on her clothing yet. So far so good lah
But is the Zika virus fatal to babies..? I thought only to pregnant women...

Hi ladies,

Need some info for those who did elective or emergency c sec.
- which week onwards did your Dr suggest elect c sec? After completing 37 or 38 weeks?
- when was your edd (based on 13th week first trimester screening or 20th week scan) and eventual c sec date?
- did your bb require any nicu due to being born early?

Thanks in advance!

Hi ladies,

Need some info for those who did elective or emergency c sec.
- which week onwards did your Dr suggest elect c sec? After completing 37 or 38 weeks?
- when was your edd (based on 13th week first trimester screening or 20th week scan) and eventual c sec date?
- did your bb require any nicu due to being born early?

Thanks in advance!

For singleton dr suggest csect week 38 but for twins week 37. It really depends on your preg condition. I csect on week 35+5 because of high bp n low fluid n my twin 2 not growing so dr recommend to take them out early. Too risky to wait further n there might be complication for preclampsia. My babies are discharged with me and no need nicu or special nursery. Infact they are doing very well don't even have jaundice when discharge. So not necessary early will need nicu. Even if baby is full term they can go nicu because of breathing or other issue. It depends on baby development.

Edd not very accurate. It's generate from system based on baby size. If u are week 37 is considered safe.

Bunny. Me is 37+1.. ang say normal..just fyi. We did so-iui.. wifey many eggs, but unfortunately not ovulating....1 attempt and hit jackpot. Really heng. Is number game also lar. U all agree??? Ya.

Next one, try natural of cos. B4 dr insert, he say army troops chiong ar. Good number. At that point of time, I feel nothing cos only procedure. Hope mine stay strong, we really really want hoot at least one more child

Bunny. Me is 37+1.. ang say normal..just fyi. We did so-iui.. wifey many eggs, but unfortunately not ovulating....1 attempt and hit jackpot. Really heng. Is number game also lar. U all agree??? Ya.

Next one, try natural of cos. B4 dr insert, he say army troops chiong ar. Good number. At that point of time, I feel nothing cos only procedure. Hope mine stay strong, we really really want hoot at least one more child

U already very Heng no need go through ivf route. One time Iui n strike. People say after preg will be more fertile so u can try again. Don't wait too long cos egg n sperm quality deteriote as we age.

side track... my sil... facing challenge at the moment. did so-iui, ivf twice.. diagnosed quantity issue. haiz.. family encouraged to use other semen, but she don't wan which understandable

side track... my sil... facing challenge at the moment. did so-iui, ivf twice.. diagnosed quantity issue. haiz.. family encouraged to use other semen, but she don't wan which understandable
If semen is the issue. The guy should eat health. Like kiwi, oyster. Can go for accupture too. Both also do some light excerise.

If semen is the issue. The guy should eat health. Like kiwi, oyster. Can go for accupture too. Both also do some light excerise.

Nah most likely is egg n not sperm issue. Man produce new sperm Everytime n in ivf u just need to pick the strongest to fertilise the egg so quantity not an issue but if trying natural or Iui sperm count has to be good. many girls succeed ivf after a few tries but Ofcourse some still never make it. So is a gamble doing ivf. Mentally n financially must be strong.

my working hrs is from 8.30am - 6.15pm. reach home also 7-8pm. quickly take dinner, bath.. feel very limited space for bond...

All mummies. .

Can I check does any one of you know when will d shedding of ALOT hair stop after birth or does it stop at all ?

As it is getting on my nerves! Gosh!! Of cos part of scare tt will hv bald spot is on my mind but the most irritating is tt hair keep shedding every where! I find hair in my food and when feed bub the hair will just drop n a lot of time I find my hair on bub body,diaper inside and etc...*roar***!:mad:

my working hrs is from 8.30am - 6.15pm. reach home also 7-8pm. quickly take dinner, bath.. feel very limited space for bond...
It's the downside for working parents. So you gotta make most out of the limited time during weekdays. Sometimes i even take dinner after children sleeps.

All mummies. .Can I check does any one of you know when will d shedding of ALOT hair stop after birth or does it stop at all ?

Yeah it's scary but dun worry, there will be growth of baby hair, so will look thin but not bald bah.

As for when it will stop, I think it depends. For my #1, i started dropping hair 4 months postpartum and it slowed down when he was about 12 months. For #2, the nightmare started 3 months postpartum and now already slowed down liao. Baby is 7.5months.

Back