IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi all,
I'm currently on my 2ww (12dp2dt) and BT is scheduled this Friday.
This morning when I inserted the crinone applicator, there was a bit of blood on the applicator, and though it wasn't bright red, it wasn't the usual occasional brown or pink clumps that I usually get with crinone. Has anyone experience this before?
I broke down when I saw it and feeling so sian now. I know it's definitely past implantation period, so I'm thinking it could be the start of my period.
I haven't taken any hpt and I'm telling myself not to and to wait till Friday. This 2ww has been such a torture, and though I do pray and try to be positive, it's things like this that really get to me. Sigh...

Hi all,
This morning when I inserted the crinone applicator, there was a bit of blood on the applicator, and though it wasn't bright red, it wasn't the usual occasional brown or pink clumps that I usually get with crinone. Has anyone experience this before?
I broke down when I saw it and feeling so sian now. I know it's definitely past implantation period, so I'm thinking it could be the start of my period.
I haven't taken any hpt and I'm telling myself not to and to wait till Friday. This 2ww has been such a torture, and though I do pray and try to be positive, it's things like this that really get to me. Sigh...

It happened to me for my last cycle..and it was bfn...nevertheless, nuh asked me to continue the insert till BT.

Hi all,
Happened to me! Call the nurse she mentioned continued on with the crinone insertion till BT..Unless fresh blood den need to come down for further support medications...

Hi all,

Im new to this forum. Have already started my 1st IVF treatment with SGH Dr Yu SL. Kinda nervous as i do not really know what to expect. Would be great if someone can share their experiences with me.

Hi all,

Im new to this forum. Have already started my 1st IVF treatment with SGH Dr Yu SL. Kinda nervous as i do not really know what to expect. Would be great if someone can share their experiences with me.
don't worry too much, just a series of jabs, blood tests, scans, follow by egg retrieval and egg transfers..1st time is a nervous and scary experience...for me who had gone thru ivf multiple times, it feels like just another dental visit ...LOL

don't worry too much, just a series of jabs, blood tests, scans, follow by egg retrieval and egg transfers..1st time is a nervous and scary experience...for me who had gone thru ivf multiple times, it feels like just another dental visit ...LOL

Haha.. but did you experience anything like getting irritated easily and all that?? Do you all happen to have like a whatsapp group that i can join ^^

I did my ivf with a 3cm cyst (but it wasn't very active) in my right ovary and adeno on the left side of my uterus. I only managed to get one normally fertilised embryo but I got pregnant from it and have delivered 3 mths back. So don't despair. Be positive and it will happen OK! :)
thank you! I was thinking if my fail fresh has anything to do with cyst. Perhaps there is just no good reason except that the egg is not good enough. :(

Thank you..
Im so sorry for your failed cycle.. will be u resting before u go on to the next cycle?
This will be my 3rd (and hopefully 4th) child but first for my husband. I am seeing Dr Shakina..
Even with this bfp im still worrying as i have a very colourful history of miscarriages n ectopic pregnancy..
After 12 years of long wait I finally get to see that 2nd line on my HPT and that was a miracle for me.
I am sure your time will come soon. :)
Congrats!:)

Hi Dawn BB,

Can you pls what meditation CD u listen during 2ww? Any apps to refer ?

QUOTE="DawnBB, post: 8406786, member: 184155"]Hi babe, when you have done all that you best can, rem the one thing you can still do is try to be positive. Positive energy can help in ways that the eyes can't see.
I succeeded only after 5 cycles (3 fresh & 2 fets) and just birthed my bb gal last Thursday. I'm with Dr Loh too.

I have previously shared the following during my 3rd fresh cycle last year. A long post but hope ladies currently in the journey will fund it a useful ref:
-----------
I collated this list from what I gathered from the support forum and from doctor and TCM physician.
  • Eat healthy balanced diet. No extreme shifts in diet even when including foods suggested to benefit TTC.
  • Drink at least 2L of water to keep well hydrated.
  • Have ample good rest.
  • Do light exercise like walking to enhance blood flow.
  • Continue pre-natal supplements (min. 4mg folic acid or otherwise as per doctor's advice) and post transfer support meds.
  • First week post transfer ie. hatching and implantation window, take things easier. Talk to and encourage your embie to attach, implant & stick! (If have, can listen to hypno/meditation cd for post transfer)
  • Can take foods that support implantation as suggested by IVFers sisters on the forum - brazil nuts, walnuts, avocado, double-boil chicken essence (http://jewelpie.com/homemade-chicken-essence-to-relief-tiredness/)
  • Ensure adequate protein to support growth, regeneration and esp. in fresh cycle, to prevent OHSS - e.g. Egg whites, fish, chicken
  • Take fruits & leafy vegetables that are not too cold/cool - e.g. can take golden kiwi, broccoli, cai xin, etc.
  • If not heaty, can take warming foods/ drinks, otherwise cut down (e.g. take less or do not take daily) or stop - e.g. longan red date tea, durian (signs of heatiness include heavy headed feeling, swelling tongue that is more red than usual, sweating too easily, very warm palms and soles to extent of discomfort, constant thirst; don't let heatiness escalate to constipation)
  • Avoid cold and raw foods - e.g. NO papaya, banana, watermelon (any melons), sashimi, salads, ice-cream
  • Avoid pineapple which may cause uterine contractions
  • Avoid dairy foods esp. if you hv phlegm-damp constitution (see http://www.maryzhang.com/food_function.htm)*
  • No unpasteurised milk which causes risk of listeria infection
  • Avoid eating mould-ripened soft cheese, e.g. brie and camembert, and blue-veined varieties, such as stilton or Danish blue, etc as these are usually made with unpasteurised milk.
  • Limit soy foods (GMO corn crops very prevalent in soy foods; also very high in phytoestrogen so higher risk of excess)*
  • Avoid seafoods high in mercury, e.g. mackeral, shark
  • Avoid spicy stuff esp. even more so for those with poor digestion
  • Avoid caffeine - no coffee, tea, chocolate (caffeine is not good for blood flow and may restrict absorption of nutrients)
  • Avoid alcohol - may affect kidney function and hence metabolization of meds, affects fetal growth & health.
  • NO soaking in hot baths, no sauna, no massage, no spa.
  • Avoid smokey/hazardous areas.
  • If red spotting or bleeding during 2ww, no need to panic, just call clinic & follow advice.
  • In case of constipation, can take some prune juices along with daily intake of vegetables, fruits and lots of water. If no improvement, check with clinic/ doc for advice and before taking any OTC laxatives.
  • Keep feet warm -can wear house slipper/ socks
  • Laugh a lot!
  • If in doubt, take the path of least regret.
  • Breathe, be positive and hang in there!
"If you Think about size of the blessing coming, you would Embrace the magnitude of the battle you are now fighting."

If you really have to think about it, focus on at least the one reason it will work and forget all the reasons why you think it will not work.

*It is ok to have a bit of milk or tofu sometimes. We don't usually eat these excessively so it will be fine. The key is overall healthy balance diet, adequate hydration and rest so that our bodies function optimally.

All the best! Jia you![/QUOTE]

Hi b3lieves,
My tcm had previously advised that the resting time for a fresh cycle from a failed fet is a month. However it all depends on individuals. My AF went hay-wired after my failed fet and it took me 4 months for my body to re-regulate my AF. Check with ur dr on his take.

To improve eggs quality, i believed some of the ladies are popping supplements like ubiquinol , royal jelly (but do note that ladies with cysts should avoid royal jelly) etc...

You may also check with ur dr if he will administer a different stimulation protocol for your next fresh cycle. Read from various sources that hGH (human growth hormones) helped in eggs maturation and quality especially in older women as our pituitary glands start to secrete lesser amount of hGH.

Heres the link incase u would like a detail read-up

http://www.fertilethoughts.com/foru...773-human-growth-hormone-saizen-omnipure.html

Rest well and good luck for ur next cycle.
Hi sister,
May I know where can get co10 ubiquinol?

Hi ladies, Kkh says they have blockout date nov - dec due to lab closure but I didn't catch the exact date from the nurse. Anyone knows when exactly? Trying to schedule for 2nd fresh. Thanks in advance!

hello sisteranyone taking

Hi Winnie,

i know you can get it at iherb...but not sure which brand is good. Any recommendation from other sisters?

Hi b3lieves, Winnie,
Just to share that I am currently taking this http://www.iherb.com/Healthy-Origins-Ubiquinol-200-mg-150-Softgels/11782
from iherb. The coq10 - blackmores, gnc etc from local retail are typically ubiquinone while Ubiquinol are in a form which has already been reduced to being a strong antioxidant. When taken directly in this format it works more quickly and can be delivered in lower concentrations without worry that it's not being metabolized properly.

Chanced upon this blog which is worth a read :-
https://missmaisieandme.com/2015/07...y-ubiquinol-it-accidentally-worked-for-mebab/

Hi ladies, Kkh says they have blockout date nov - dec due to lab closure but I didn't catch the exact date from the nurse. Anyone knows when exactly? Trying to schedule for 2nd fresh. Thanks in advance!

I heard is block from 28 Nov to 18 Dec and 7 Jan to 20 Jan...

Hi all,

Just wanted to find out more about FET...
1) When can we start a FET cycle after a failed fresh cycle?
2) Are there any tests to take prior to commencing on a FET cycle?
3) Can you request to do a medicated FET or that decision lies with the doc?
4) Approximately how many scans do we need to do under FET before ET?
5) Is the HL 2 weeks like a fresh cycle?

Sorry for being such a noob and asking these questions here. Didn't do much research on FET.. Was hoping for a bfp this fresh cycle but I guess God has other plans.

Thank you so much ladies!

Hi all! I'm 32 and just did my 1st fresh ET today at nuh.. only transfered 1 as initially the nurse said I only had 5 successful embryos while of out those only 2 were in good quality. Didn't want to blow all my chances in 1 basket.. thankfully 1 more embryo improve while I was doing the ET and now I have 2 to be frozen..

Hi all,

Sorry for being such a noob and asking these questions here. Didn't do much research on FET.. Was hoping for a bfp this fresh cycle but I guess God has other plans.

U can start FET after one menses cycle. Some ladies wait for few cycles to regulate their bodies n hormones back to normal.

No need any test unless u are talking about antibody or chromosome blood test to rule out any issue.

Yes u can request to do medicated. Dr will suggest natural or medicated get but if u have concern u can discuss it with him.

If it's natural fet need more scan to check for follicle growth to prevent ovulation. If medicated fet usually scan on day 12 n once lining optimal can arrange for transfer. Some only need to do one scan n ready to et.

HL depends on hospital. In kkh only 3 days for FET. If u want more u have to request from dr. Private can give 14 days. My own views I don't feel HL is needed Unless your job is physically demanding.

U can start FET after one menses cycle. Some ladies wait for few cycles to regulate their bodies n hormones back to normal.

No need any test unless u are talking about antibody or chromosome blood test to rule out any issue.

Yes u can request to do medicated. Dr will suggest natural or medicated get but if u have concern u can discuss it with him.

If it's natural fet need more scan to check for follicle growth to prevent ovulation. If medicated fet usually scan on day 12 n once lining optimal can arrange for transfer. Some only need to do one scan n ready to et.

HL depends on hospital. In kkh only 3 days for FET. If u want more u have to request from dr. Private can give 14 days. My own views I don't feel HL is needed Unless your job is physically demanding.

@Bunny33, thanks for your detailed explaination! Very much appreciated :)

Hi b3lieves, Winnie,
Just to share that I am currently taking this http://www.iherb.com/Healthy-Origins-Ubiquinol-200-mg-150-Softgels/11782
from iherb. The coq10 - blackmores, gnc etc from local retail are typically ubiquinone while Ubiquinol are in a form which has already been reduced to being a strong antioxidant. When taken directly in this format it works more quickly and can be delivered in lower concentrations without worry that it's not being metabolized properly.

https://missmaisieandme.com/2015/07...y-ubiquinol-it-accidentally-worked-for-mebab/
Hi sister , thank you for your reply , I have bought one from GNC , but it is Coenzyme Q-10 150mg not Q10 ubiquiol , pls advise.

Hi b3lieves, Winnie,

Hi sister , thank you for your reply , I have bought one from GNC , but it is Coenzyme Q-10 150mg not Q10 ubiquiol , pls advise.

Hi b3lieves, Winnie,

Hi all, went for my egg retrieval yesterday and retrieved 4 eggs. The embryologist called to inform us this morning that out of the 4 eggs, 3 managed to fertilize, so will be transferring 2 embryos tomorrow.

I was told that we will only know the grading of the embryos tomorrow. So does that mean that whether they can be cultured to a D5 blasto can only be known tomorrow? And also may i know what should i eat/do to improve chances of implantation after tomorrow ET?

Thanks all for advice in advance!

Last edited:
I heard is block from 28 Nov to 18 Dec and 7 Jan to 20 Jan...
Thank you bbdust!
Weird that dr Tan kept saying year end then do 2nd cycle but didn't mention anything abt the blockout dates. These dates effectively mean there's only the xmas And New yr week open and we can't time our periods also haha.
I asked him oct/nov can or not then he said ok. But Monday the nurse called to say shld schedule for Dec but I said my period likely later part of the month so will kena the blockout dates.
Then she finally said ok I can report in October if period comes month end or early November. The queue sooooo Long. Like every 6 mths need to redo blood test cos it expires even before the next cycle. Hahaha..getting so numb fr all the blood drawing.

Now suddenly panic cos also dunno if my body and hubs will b ready for late October to start again!

Winnie,
I used to take Blackmores Coq10 which is ubiquinone during my first cycle and I BFP with my 1st child.

There are two forms of CoQ10, ubiquinone and Ubiquinol. CoQ10 starts off as ubiquinone and then is converted within the cell to the Ubiquinol. it is the most biologically active form of coenzyme Q10 and does not need to be converted by the body. Therefore Ubiquinol is more potent than ubiquinone and some of the ladies are comsuming CoQ10 - Ubiquinol instead.

So your personal preference if you would want to continue with ur current bottle or invest in a bottle of Ubiquinol :)

Winnie,
I used to take Blackmores Coq10 which is ubiquinone during my first cycle and I BFP with my 1st child.

There are two forms of CoQ10, ubiquinone and Ubiquinol. CoQ10 starts off as ubiquinone and then is converted within the cell to the Ubiquinol. it is the most biologically active form of coenzyme Q10 and does not need to be converted by the body. Therefore Ubiquinol is more potent than ubiquinone and some of the ladies are comsuming CoQ10 - Ubiquinol instead.

So your personal preference if you would want to continue with ur current bottle or invest in a bottle of Ubiquinol :)
Thank you for your reply ,
I searched for blackmores, I attached the file, is it the one you were mentioned ? It includes 50mg Ubidecarenone, never mentioned Ubiquinol.
I just concern that if I am taking the correct CoQ10

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Thank you for your reply ,
I searched for blackmores, I attached the file, is it the one you were mentioned ? It includes 50mg Ubidecarenone, never mentioned Ubiquinol.
I just concern that if I am taking the correct CoQ10

Winnie,
Saw this from wikipedia-
Coenzyme Q₁₀, also known as ubiquinone, ubidecarenone, coenzyme Q, and abbreviated at times to CoQ₁₀.

Yes. I took the blackmores coq10 - 150mg previously.

Most of the coq10 in our local retail shops are ubiquinone. Hence i bought the ubiquinol from iherb instead.

Winnie,
Saw this from wikipedia-
Coenzyme Q₁₀, also known as ubiquinone, ubidecarenone, coenzyme Q, and abbreviated at times to CoQ₁₀.

Yes. I took the blackmores coq10 - 150mg previously.

Most of the coq10 in our local retail shops are ubiquinone. Hence i bought the ubiquinol from iherb instead.
Understood , thank you for your clarification .

I can't rem but mine is low follicle count and low in terms of quality/quantity of eggs from the blood test results.

Hi mind sharing what's your AMH level if you happen to know?

is there a facebook group for the ladies here? I found a FB group called IVF Support, but seems mostly the ladies from America, UK and Australia. I can't seem to connect and logon to the forum except with my IE browser. Some problems with my chrome browser and phone app. :/

I can't rem but mine is low follicle count and low in terms of quality/quantity of eggs from the blood test results.

is there a facebook group for the ladies here? I found a FB group called IVF Support, but seems mostly the ladies from America, UK and Australia. I can't seem to connect and logon to the forum except with my IE browser. Some problems with my chrome browser and phone app. :/

Yes there is a FB group our little rainbow for S'pore TTC ladies

I have this query in mind for a long time and hope to get some feedback since many has went to Dr Zou for acupuncture.
It was done pretty last min before my fresh ER and after my ET, I went to continue acupuncture. It proceeded as usual that my stomach feels like passing wind especially during acupuncture. I think on the third day after ET, during acupuncture, my stomach area also had wind, then suddenly I felt pain at my stomach on the left side (where the needle is), the area became very 'hot' and I was wondering why it became like this. It feels like stomachache but with heat and it lasted for a couple of minutes. I asked Dr Zou if it was normal, and she said that having wind in stomache is normal due to blood circulation. But the heat could be that I'm more aware of things (such as having ET done ) etc,
Has anyone has such encounter like me as well?

Hi all,

Hi,
you can request for HL from the hospital, your own call to rest or not. KKH give 16days for FET upon request.

Thank you bbdust!
Weird that dr Tan kept saying year end then do 2nd cycle but didn't mention anything abt the blockout dates. These dates effectively mean there's only the xmas And New yr week open and we can't time our periods also haha.
I asked him oct/nov can or not then he said ok. But Monday the nurse called to say shld schedule for Dec but I said my period likely later part of the month so will kena the blockout dates.
Then she finally said ok I can report in October if period comes month end or early November. The queue sooooo Long. Like every 6 mths need to redo blood test cos it expires even before the next cycle. Hahaha..getting so numb fr all the blood drawing.

Now suddenly panic cos also dunno if my body and hubs will b ready for late October to start again!

Hi Cen, I'm also queuing for IVF in Nov but nurse called me to say the earliest is in Dec. If my menses happen to be before 18 Dec, the procedures will end up during the blocked period so i might have to wait till January. Sob!!!!

Ladies, need to seek your advise for those with THH at KKH.. Recently I switch to him for 2nd opinion and he scheduled a slot for the next IVF but there was no mention of doing an endoscratch prior to the cycle despite him asking if I ever did it in my precious cycle which I did and I totally forgotten to ask him if I will still do it for the upcoming cycle. When I received the call from IVF centre, the I tried asking the nurse if she can help to check but to no avail and she mentioned DR THH no longer responds to emails when I asked for his email address so that I can send my enquire to. Can anyone advise what can I do next to clarify on this?

Hi Cen, I'm also queuing for IVF in Nov but nurse called me to say the earliest is in Dec. If my menses happen to be before 18 Dec, the procedures will end up during the blocked period so i might have to wait till January. Sob!!!!
Hi cheazoo,
When was your prev cycle? Can check with nurse if u can call in if ur period comes early Dec whether u can still do jabs and scans if ur ER and ET can be after Lab opens? Ie. 19 Dec thru xmas and new yr week though it's weird that hospital isn't closing the lab during the festive week.
Like although I manage to squeeze myself in for oct but now it's Sep alrdy and I don't feel like I can be ready..haven't started taking the uniquinol supplements which I planned to take and also just started acupuncture and not sure if it will be effective in such a short period.

Just wondering how are u ladies protecting yourself against zika? Mosquito repellent are all out of stock everywhere!!
Im using Off brand as per KKh director recomendations.. Hubby hunt them all ard Sg for us but we din stock up much also as theees limited stock as well....

Dear all, may i check if doctor at kkh would give me mc for my consultation with them to review on my blood test and hubby sperm test? Thanks

Hi ladies, i had my ET last thursday for two D2 embryos. I read that they will first have to develop into blastocysts (D5) and implantation will only occur after that, is that correct? So does that mean that it is better for me to have more bed rest on D6 and D7?

And also, i will be going back to TFC for progesterone blood test tmr at TFC, which i understand that progesterone actually helps to prepare the lining of the uterus for implantation. May i know is the progesterone level equivalent to the success rate of implantation, i.e. higher progesterone level = better success rate for implantation?

Thanks for all advice!

Last edited:
Hi mesera and happynods,

I believe doc Loh is one of the gynaes who does the stimm in Singapore and then ask you fly over to Malaysia/Thailand for the ER/PGD/FET. My gynae is Dr CT Yeong from Tow Yung Clinic. Let me try to go tabulate the estimate costs... I kinda discarded/misplaced all my bills already cos too heart pain to see/keep/remember.... But I got the price list for BkK which I will dig out for you guys later ok.

I'm a strong advocate for PGD cos it worked for me. I had 3 occasions of ET with beautiful embryos and prefect triple linings but all resulted in implantation failure. And with PGD, you can select only normal embryos to put in which highly increase the success rate. You can even choose the gender if there are normal embryos for both male and female. Many other couples go there for PGD purely for gender selection. I did not identify the gender for my normal embryos cos of personal beliefs though.

One note is that you'll need to produce quite a lot of follicles in order to have some blastocysts for PGD testing so also depends on your AMH and the right stimm protocol/dosage. But as long as can have one normal blastocyst at end of the day, it could be the "golden" embryo already!

Hi @mesara and @happynods and those who are interested in PGD procedure in Bangkok,

Sorry for the very delayed post as i hadnt have the time to sit down and gather all the info/cost on PGD.

Some background info on myself, I started with NUH for my first IVF as i want to utilise the govt grants. My main issue is PCOS (my AMH is slightly above 100) and no ovulation. Husband has no major issues. Failed my first fresh ET (day 3 embryo) and decided to change to private doc as I did not have good chemistry with Prof PC Wong.

Under my private gynae, I did two medicated FETs using my frozen embryos from NUH (I had transferred them to TFC), but failed again, despite all the day 3 embryos looking very good and my linings were in optimal condition. As such, I decided to look at PGD options overseas as I do not wish to wish any more time (and heartaches) in transferring “bad” embryos and I also met the cap on medisaves. My gynae actually tied up with a clinic in Bangkok that specialize in PGD. So the process for my IVF in SG/BKK is as follows:-

- When menses come, take blood test to check hormones level and then SG gyane prescribe stimulation jabs in Singapore. The Sg clinic will email all the blood test results and stim dosage to Bkk gynae for info, and I am always copied in the emails. Basically, the sg doc is in charge of my stimulation.

- When the eggs sizes looked like it will be ready in a few days for trigger jab, SG gynae will inform bkk doc. BKK doc will confirm the timing of trigger jab and timing of OR. I will then book airtixs to fly to BBK. I only stayed 3 nights in BKK. I took my trigger jab the night before, then fly to BKK and arrive next day afternoon, go straight to BKK clinic to see the gynae who will perform another scan and blood test on me. The following day morning will then be the OR by the BKK gynae. I stayed for another 2 nights before returning to SG (there is no need to see the BKK gynae again unless you have serious issues). I had OHSS due to 50 follicles retrieved and so the last 2 nights was just spent resting in hotel and loading up on H20/egg whites. If no risk of OHSS, I think its possible to only stay 1 night or even fly back the same day after OR. The Bangkok clinic is open for procedures Monday – Sunday so I timed my time in BKK to be over the weekend to minimize absence from work.

- I opted for the PGD-NGS which is more advanced than PGD-CGH but NGS takes a longer time which means that one is unable to do a ET in the same cycle. I was not planning to go with a fresh ET since I am at high risk of OHSS anyway. Note that the Bkk clinic is actually screening all chromosomes to make sure there are exactly 23 pairs, and not merely looking out for a particular disorder (as what I understand in the case of SG)

- PGD results – For PGD, the clinic will only take blastocysts as then there will be enough cells for them to extract for biopsy without hurting the embryos. I had 20 blastocysts by day 5/6 to test and out of these, 15 are confirmed normal, 1 is unknown (not enough cells to ascertain) and 4 are abnormal. So my normal rate is 75%. Both my husband and I did not have any genetic testing done but believe that we do not have any genetic issues.

- After resting for 2 cycles, I was ready for FET and I started to take pills prescribed by my SG gynae to build up my lining. My SG gynae was in charge of my womb preparation and he would email to update the BKK clinic/gynae.

- When the womb lining looked like it would be ready soon, SG gynae would inform BKK gynae again and I will buy air tixs to BKK. Similar to OR, I will see BKK doc on the day of arrival, and go for FET the next day. I had to thaw 4 blastocysts though in order to get two good ones (more than 90% cells intact) transferred back. The FET procedure is very simple and I even went shopping and squeeze in the crowded BTS on the same night, and ate ice cream. I stayed for 2 more nights before I fly back Sg but I certainly think I'm able to fly back same day, meaning effectively I only need 2 days 1 night in Bangkok, which can be done over Sat/Sun. I took a hcg blood test when I was back in SG and confirmed to have my much awaited BFP!

Item/Procedure/Test/ Pricing Estimate (THB)
Doctors Consult/visit (if required) 1-2,000
Ultrasound (if required) 1-2,000
Routine Blood tests (if required) 1,000-4,000
Trigger injection 2,000
Ovum Pick-up (OPU).35,000
Fertilization and Culture (ICSI and embryo culture) 75,000
Approximate cost of medicines after Ovum Pick-up (if required).3-5,000
PGD-CGH (up to 4 embryos) 75,000
PGD-CGH extra embryos 12,000/ embryo
PGD-NHS (up to 4 embryos) 80,000
PGD-NHS extra embryos 12,000/ embryo
Embryo Transfer (ET) (if required) 25,000
Embryo Transfer with GA (ET) (if required) 35,000
Approximate cost of medicines after Embryo Transfer (if required) 7,000
Embryo freezing (if required) (up to 10 embryos) 20,000
Embryo cryostorage (if required) 1,500/embryo/year

- Actually the consultations and scans are all cheaper in Bangkok. Half the price of Singapore private clinic. Meds are also cheaper. So if u can fly to Bangkok to have the full ivf plus PGS, I think it will be cheaper than doing it in Singapore.

I think I spend close to 17k for my ivf + PGS for 20 blastocysts for both Singapore and Bangkok. The Bangkok clinic do PGS for every ivf as a lot of foreigners go there for gender selection. Actually Bangkok is in fact very advanced medically. It's just that we always see Bangkok as a developing country but there are a lot of super rich Thais in Bangkok too and so there are definitely top notch hospitals to cater to these rich Thais and Thai royalties.

The Bangkok clinic I goes to in located in a newly renovated building and it's clean and nice. when it first started, it was tied up with a famous Australian ivf center, so a lot of Australians go there for gender selection. The environment is quite nice, the nurses all spoke good English and the doc/ nurse attending to me are very competent. So I had a good experience there so far. When I was there, I saw hongkongers, Chinese, and Thais there seeking treatment. It is not backward or dirty like those back alleys. It is a decent specialized hospital for ivf and PGS only so they handle many cases every day. I believe their PGS expertise is higher than that of Singapore's. The Bangkok clinic I go to only do PGD on day 5 embryos so that are more cells to extract and wouldn't hurt the embryos as much compared to day 3 embryos. So I did all my PGD test on all day 5 embryos. I think the handling of extraction of cells is also v important and personally feel that Singapore pdg may not be as "expert" as the ones in Bangkok... Cos Singapore don't handle PGD usually and they have very limited experience, unlike Bangkok where they do PGD every single day.

Feel free to pm me if you need more information. Hope this helps!

hi, is anyone doing ivf to try for 2nd kid while having to take care of #1? Need advice on how to manage 2ww with #1... is it advisable to use the baby carrier during the 2ww after the ET procedure? is it advisable to stay at home most of the times during the 2ww? thanks....

Back