Choa chu kang mummy club

Hi , any recommendation for home tutor at reasonable price ? Looking for Maths, English for P1 n P3 near yew tee , thanks a lot!

Any feedback on the 3cc in hong San walk?
1:Ichiban
2:Greenfield
3:mulberry
Thanks much!

I had viewed Ichiban and was very satisfied with their environment. The kids are very well-behaved and environment was very cosy with air-con. Different age groups were in different rooms. They have school bus service as well and was quoted $160 (2-way for weekdays only). Had already paid deposit and 1 month school fee and would start class in Oct'15 but now was thinking of changing school cos the school bus could only fetch my girl at 08:30 (I start work at 08:30) and drop her at 18:30 (couldn't rush home on time). The principal is a young and friendly lady.

I had been to other cc whereby it was open concept. All age groups were only divided by low partitions which was very messy and kids get distracted very easily.

CCC around CCK and Yew Tee area_Updated on 20-Oct-2015.jpg

Dear Mummies, I'm new here :)

I'm planning to send my boy to CCC next year when he turns to 18 mths, I noticed many mummies are looking for CCC also, just to share with you the list of CCC around CCK and Yew Tee area with contact# and price for full day care, hope this is helpful. And i would appreciate mummies can share your comments about the CCC around this area as I'm a new mummy and have no idea which one to choose, thank you again :)

my son is at blk 435 infant care although might not be related to your concern.

so far i find their pros outweigh their cons so i am ok with the centre at the moment.

i find the overall principal for that cluster of CCs led some good teams.

My 18mo girl just started attending childcare at Amazing Star on 1 Oct 2015. Had decided to put her there even though I had placed deposit and a month sch fee with Ichiban. This is based on high recommendation from my colleague whose son is also at Amazing Star though I also like Ichiban's environment.
From what I observed, after 2 days of sch, my girl refused to let us feed her and started to feed herself really steady and well. After a week, she love sch and became more cheerful and outgoing. Could speak more words and call us like papa, mama, ah ma, ah gong whenever she sees us without us prompting. She sings (dun understand her baby language though), dances and clap to the rhythm herself and whenever she hears music from TV. Could express herself more, like will tell us she wants to eat, or want milk, or sleep. It was such a great improvement that I think she will not be able to learn at home within such short period. Her teacher also kept updating me on her progress. My FIL and BIL family also commented on her vast improvement when they saw her last weekend.

BTW, I went to the following centres few months ago and this is my findings. Hope it helps.
Blk 110 Teck Whye Lane Carpe Diem Starlets (non-aircon) $850- Many China staff/teachers. Kids were walking around themselves. Seemed very unorganised. Went during their meal time.
Blk 620 CCK Berriies (fully aircon) $800- whole place looked very dark and small. Teacher who took us for a tour couldn't explain much as she dun teach PG. Principal already went back even though I had booked an appt with her. Went at 6+pm.
Hong San Walk Ichiban (fully aircon) $850- Principal was able to introduce the place properly. Environment was clean and cosy. Like the place very much. Went during the nap time.
Blk 688C CCK Cres Acekidz@Work (non-aircon) $1K- Couldn't see any value at all to pay $1K per month. Got bitten by mosquito within the 10min there, with bad rubbish smell at times. Teacher couldn't tell me why their sch fees is so high nor explain what their curriculum is.

Conclusion: Most centres couldn't introduce their centre properly. I could only meet Amazing Star's PG teacher and Ichiban's principal personally and they could give me the most information. The rest would ask any teacher available to bring you around to see their environment only. Don't expect them to give u more information. Better to have recommendations from the parents there. Even though the environment is important, I think I also need to know what my kids will be learning/doing there.

BTW, I went to the following centres few months ago and this is my findings. Hope it helps.
Blk 110 Teck Whye Lane Carpe Diem Starlets (non-aircon) $850- Many China staff/teachers. Kids were walking around themselves. Seemed very unorganised. Went during their meal time.
Blk 620 CCK Berriies (fully aircon) $800- whole place looked very dark and small. Teacher who took us for a tour couldn't explain much as she dun teach PG. Principal already went back even though I had booked an appt with her. Went at 6+pm.
Hong San Walk Ichiban (fully aircon) $850- Principal was able to introduce the place properly. Environment was clean and cosy. Like the place very much. Went during the nap time.
Blk 688C CCK Cres Acekidz@Work (non-aircon) $1K- Couldn't see any value at all to pay $1K per month. Got bitten by mosquito within the 10min there, with bad rubbish smell at times. Teacher couldn't tell me why their sch fees is so high nor explain what their curriculum is.

Conclusion: Most centres couldn't introduce their centre properly. I could only meet Amazing Star's PG teacher and Ichiban's principal personally and they could give me the most information. The rest would ask any teacher available to bring you around to see their environment only. Don't expect them to give u more information. Better to have recommendations from the parents there. Even though the environment is important, I think I also need to know what my kids will be learning/doing there.
Thank you for sharing your comments about the CCC, i'm very happy to see good reviews about Amazing star, as it's the nearest CCC to me :)

Hi mummies.. there is a newly opened Modern Montessori Childcare Centre at Bukit Batok Civil Service Club. Do check it out =)

Any mummies here enrol their child in pcf sparkletots at blk 786 choa chu kang north 6 before? Went there and noticed very few toddlers compare to blk 567.
No slot for blk 567 and was hesitant to apply even though there's slot for blk 786
Pls advise

Thanks for sharing

Any mummies put their babies to infant care at PCF Sparkletots at Limbang Blk 567 or My First Skool at Blk 602? Care to share reviews and experiences?

Any mummies here enrol their child in pcf sparkletots at blk 786 choa chu kang north 6 before? Went there and noticed very few toddlers compare to blk 567.
No slot for blk 567 and was hesitant to apply even though there's slot for blk 786
Pls advise

Thanks for sharing

Hi Kronthor,
My daughter is 2yrs old and now at pcf blk 567, toddler class. I chose Blk 567 bcos I can send her 7-7. If I am not wrong, blk 786 doesn't have full day. So far pcf blk 567 is not bad, 14 children at toddler class, clean environment. I live in blk 790.

Hi Mummies,

Any review for
1. Creative Land CC @ blk 634, cck north 6
2. My First Skool CC @ blk 602

Appreciate your review and comments.

Any whatsapp group chat or FB group for CCK mummies? I also want to join. Thanks!

Hello mummies any feedback on the following:

1. My First Skool at Blk 602
2. Agape Child Care at Blk 789
3. Kinderyears Childcare at Blk 679

If there is any FB group or whatsapp group chat can add me! =)

I just started putting my 3mo baby at Our Juniors' Schoolhouse located at ITE West for about 2 weeks+. Any mommies who have also enrolled their kids at this centre? As my boy is still very small, it is honestly quite hard to tell if he is adapting well at the centre or not. Based on teachers' feedback, he seems ok though.

Just giving review on amazing star montessori at blk 511 cck. My daughter has been in this school for 1 year and at the start we found it quite ok but lately the management have been quite problematic. We have been "forced" to attend excursions with the child as they do not have any backup teachers in school to attend to children who are not going for excursions. There used to have such arrgt in thr past. We are very supportive but as our leave has been used up we have to decline this excursion which is just 1 month after the last activity. Since there is nobody else to look after we have to go for the excursion.
The excursion was a disaster due to heavy rain. It was already raining at the start ans they still insist to wait till rain has lessen n continued with children wearing raincoats. Well it is a nature event but what is bad is that none of the staff had asked the parents to go into shelter when the sky was about to rain. Parents were all left to fend for themselves. Imagine your child getting caught in the rain for a few hours in a small beach shelter.
Another event on medication. They have been asking parents to write an email authorisation form to idemnify them when it is not a Dr prescription. We have already filled in a medical form in the school and sign in the morning but still they insist to get the email without which they will not feed. They will call u just few mins after the lunch hour when child is about to sleep and you need to send the email quickly else you will miss the dose. This is not ecda requirement and they are still responding that they want to implement this requirement with another new authorisation form. All this adds to parents inconvenience. Which parent will be so crazy to give their child medication that is not supposed to?
Another issue is on off days. The MOE has indicated 6 days off per year. Lately after the new principle came in there was a few other off days declared on top of the 6 days for e.g. eve of public holiday. Just that parents do not sound out does not mean they can continue to implement things on their free will. Hope to hear other parents view.

My review on PCF 353
Teachers- tend to change frequently. Mainly Malay teachers and China teachers.
The Malay teachers are very fierce and I can sense my boy was afraid of them.

Med- fed him the wrong med twice.
Inflexible management.
Promise to call you but always not done and you need to chase. Very little teach to parents communication- most time you don't know what was going on.

I since switched my boy to another school and I can feel the difference - 353 seems like a sad place for the kids, this is unlike other childcare I later visited when I was sourcing for alternatives.

Hope it helps

Hi Mummies,

I need some advice here: Is there a demand for home-cooked soup delivery for lunch and how much a pack would you consider? I am a SAHM and I am thinking to make some earnings since I cook soup (no MSG) for my kids for weekdays' dinner. Thanks in advance.

Hi dion83sg,

I am currently looking for CC for my 2yo son, I have not gone down to look at either Amazing star or Ichiban. Is your kid still at Amazing star? How is school so far? TIA.

Dear Mummies

I am organising a group buy to purchase egg diffusers from a seller at Bulk Purchase forum. I previously bought 2 eggs from her and loved them! So planning to buy some more as gifts for family and friends. If I buy 20 eggs, the seller will give another 10% discount ($9/egg). I will collect from her personally to save on courier charges. If you are keen to join me, please pm me or email to [email protected] by 15 August. I will arrange a meetup to pass you the eggs after I receive them. Thanks!

Here's the link to the lovely eggs:

http://singaporemotherhood.com/foru...oils-starter-kit-on-sale.211891/#post-8393156

sorry mummies, I don't know is it okay to post in this group. I am actually looking to buy Amazing Star Montessori Uniform/ PE Attire for my little boy. Brand new or Preloved in good condition (Size XS/S) is okay for me. (Other Sizes I might consider :D) If you or anyone you know is letting go, do whatsapp me at 97806554 Anna. Thank you very much and have a nice day! :)

Hi dion83sg,

I am currently looking for CC for my 2yo son, I have not gone down to look at either Amazing star or Ichiban. Is your kid still at Amazing star? How is school so far? TIA.

Hi allforlove,

Yes, my girl is still at Amazing Star. She is doing great and love school. I like Teacher Karen who is the form teacher for the Playgroup class. She learns to be independent and like to do stuff on her own, like eating, wearing her clothes. She would insist to do the things herself even though we want to help her. She talks alot and could identify alot of things already. U can PM me if you wish to know more..

Sorry to hear about Ryan Tan's experience. We did not attend the excursion that he mentioned as my girl had just recovered from fever. Teacher also told us to send her to school after 2pm (if i am not wrong) as they do not have any teacher left. In the end, my girl did not attend sch that day. Luckily my dad was at home to look after her. I realised that the off days also consists of half days, so it adds up to more than 6 days leave for the parents. I myself would not send her to sch for half days as her sch bus could not send her back.

Hi all,

Just a reference if you need some info about Just Kids@CCK and Greenfield Montessori Childcare
Environment: Big and spacious, look clean and bright. It's located on Level 2 of Keat Hong Shopping Center which nearby Southview LRT station
Fees: Due of they got the subsidy from government, their fees will be cap at $800 (before working mothers' subsidize)
Programme: seems normal but follow with MOE requirement. They said that they do teach phonic but not focus for that.
Teachers: Can't observe yet but look most of friendly.
Management: Principal is young but experienced. Differentiated admin and teaching work. There got specialized admin staff to deal with the admin work. Documents were well-organised when presented to you.

Environment: Semi-D property. Big but look dull in the childcare. Not as bright and colourful than others. It's nearby Keat Hong LRT Station.
Fee:1100 before subsidy.
Programme: emphasize in phonic learning. Seems stronger in academic if compare with Just kids and Ichiban Montessori. As the K2 materials they' showed me, the standard of English is even harder than the requirement of P1 standard. Got accessories and corner of cooking for children.
Management: Principal is an Indian who is mid-career transfer to the industrial but have more than 10 years experience and obtained master degree in childhood education. Very approachable. Vice-principal is a Filipino but look strict and very familiar with the center. They said that they will provide progress of child every week. Teacher-students ratio is lower than others.

I am hesitating between this 2 centers. Has anyone got feedbacks with this 2 ccs?

Thank you!

Hi dear mummies I'm a cheerful nanny that staying at choa chu kang ave4..I'm willing to look after ur baby- kids.. Day or night care all are welcome...I'm a cheerful n easygoing babysitter ... I'm 38 yrs old.got 20yrs experience of taking care of any ages of baby- kids.. Hope u are keen to let me share ur burden don't hesitate msg or call me at 92247377 thks I'm Agnes...

Back