2016/07 July babies

I bought the education plan from Tokyo marine as it has the best payout as per my last research 5 yrs ago for my no.1. Mine is juz pay 5 yrs but can opt for 10 yrs payment n get lump sum upon 19 yrs. so juz nice for the girl uni fee.
As for hospitalization plan I'm planning to get from prudential which I think it has the best coverage too. I will be taking the rider to be paid by cash as it will help to cover the full bill. I think it's worth it.

Last night my LO very cooperative. Had her last feed at 1130 pm n wakes up at 4am for the next feed... So happy. Then my hubby wakes up at 4 am n offer to feed her so I went back to sleep till now at 630am n pump.. But as usual my hubby didn't manage to let my LO finish her milk. So I think after this pump, my girl will be crying for milk again.
By the way mummies, have you lose your tummy fat? I'm still having it!!! Was pumping n saw the reflection in the mirror.. Oh dear!! N I'm taking in carbo like nobody biz Coz dunno see from where that bm for mummy needs extra carbo.. Blah think I'm juz giving excuses for myself!

I bought the education plan from Tokyo marine as it has the best payout as per my last research 5 yrs ago for my no.1. Mine is juz pay 5 yrs but can opt for 10 yrs payment n get lump sum upon 19 yrs. so juz nice for the girl uni fee.
As for hospitalization plan I'm planning to get from prudential which I think it has the best coverage too. I will be taking the rider to be paid by cash as it will help to cover the full bill. I think it's worth it.

Do u mind sharing how much do u pay monthly for 5yrs and how much payout at 19yrs?

Anyone got life policy for kids? Is it necessary? Or kids will get it when they grow up lor?

Last night my LO very cooperative. Had her last feed at 1130 pm n wakes up at 4am for the next feed... So happy. Then my hubby wakes up at 4 am n offer to feed her so I went back to sleep till now at 630am n pump.. But as usual my hubby didn't manage to let my LO finish her milk. So I think after this pump, my girl will be crying for milk again.
By the way mummies, have you lose your tummy fat? I'm still having it!!! Was pumping n saw the reflection in the mirror.. Oh dear!! N I'm taking in carbo like nobody biz Coz dunno see from where that bm for mummy needs extra carbo.. Blah think I'm juz giving excuses for myself!

Last nite was tiring. Put both kids to bed at 9pm. No2 woke up at 1130pm & 145am so tiring. Then I managed to change diapers and feed both sides. Finish at 230am and no1 woke up. Went to sleep with him, thankfully no fuss. He plop back to bed immediately. I slept with him till 4am and sneak back to my room. Thankful no2 only woke at 545am but refused to take the 2nd side.

Tried side latching but bb can't get a good latch and cry and cry. Cradle hold him until he is done, my triceps are beginning to hurt, is this the 妈妈手?

I still have a budge when CL left, now the budge no more, I also lost 2kg since she left. But the stretch marks and loose skin still there... Sit down sure got tummy lah... Stand up can fake abit haha...

Emk, am still considering on the IFC that can take in infant on 15Sep. They are taking in one infant per month only. I'm still not sure when going back work! It depends on when I will settle the caretaker part. Ya I know we are so dilly dally.

Insurance : bought from Great Eastern. The medical shield and rider. Also education plan.

My tummy most of the days are puffy. Ya depends on carbo intake. I had plan to exercise but alas I was wrong. Got time at home I rather sleep. But I'm still making a point to wear binder.

Anyone notice your armpit hair has stopped sprouting? I'm not complaining. So good don't need to mow that lawn. Wonder how long this goody will last.

Emk, am still considering on the IFC that can take in infant on 15Sep. They are taking in one infant per month only. I'm still not sure when going back work! It depends on when I will settle the caretaker part. Ya I know we are so dilly dally.

Insurance : bought from Great Eastern. The medical shield and rider. Also education plan.

My tummy most of the days are puffy. Ya depends on carbo intake. I had plan to exercise but alas I was wrong. Got time at home I rather sleep. But I'm still making a point to wear binder.

Anyone notice your armpit hair has stopped sprouting? I'm not complaining. So good don't need to mow that lawn. Wonder how long this goody will last.

Actually u r blessed no need to wait for IFC. I was stressed last round got to search and be on wait list. Cost so much still need to wait.

Now with no1 there, no2 auto got space but also need to wait for other kids to graduate to enrol. I wish I can put the kid in in mid sept or mid October! And clear ur ML on a weekly basis! One of the best times of my life.

Armpit hair I nv realize. But nails are growing super fast? I thot hair should be growing fast too... No time to look at the lawn too!

Candy, I think 妈妈手refers to the pain on inner wrist. Last night washed the plates and I slipped one plate and trying to catch it while in the sink and I activated the pain on the wrist. The pain was @&"$?%#^#€. Yours should be called 妈妈三头肌. Haa.

I only mastered lay down latch like 2-3weeks ago. Before that struggled so much until bb also angry. This is indeed a good position to make her sleep.

@gan its called smart growth 21. Mine is boy boy so 21 yrs old get the money just nice for university. If my own saving is enough for his study then this policy money will be my retirement saving Haha.

@candy actually I a bit kiasu la .. I bought hospital& accidental plan, education and life plan too. I personally feel that since my bb got zero medical record so it's better to get a life plan for him so can get to cover for all, u know la before they serve their ns sure need to go for health check. *touch wood* if got any record then by the time he working then get life plan will have exclusion on certain illness lo. Just like myself la .. Got breast lump surgery at early 20,so my life plan never cover any breast related illness.

@redvel Haha I also notice about the armpit hair but pai sei to talk about it. Haha its will be great if it stay like this forever
My 妈妈手 haven't recover lo .. Whenever I need to carry my baby from baby cot and I will feel the pain on my inner wrist when I lift his head.

@redvel, this infant care is new? They can take in one infant per month ? The ones I went, I have to be on wait list. For pcf can only register online after baby is born

My gal has been drinking 90 ml of milk every 1.5 to 2 hrs during the day and 70 ml every 2 hr at night....anything more she will refuse . Not sure how I can increase or lengthen the time for milk. Super tired now....

My 妈妈手affects my daily actions including while brushing teeth and also shower. I can't reach my back else super pain.

The IFC is 5years old. I think I didn't hear wrongly la about the take in.

I wish my bb drinks more. Last feed 11am and now almost 2pm I shoved in the teat and she ain't keen at all. Very rare she will drink at 2hr interval. Most time she hit 3 or even 4hrs.

I just bought the medisave from prudential, same as the elder daughter but the endowment not sure which one to go,

Why boy n girl diff?
Cos my girl is 3yrs ago. Is endowment with yearly payment out. My boy I just bought is no yearly payment until mature is 1lump sum. My girl one the lump sum after mature is lesser.

My 妈妈手affects my daily actions including while brushing teeth and also shower. I can't reach my back else super pain.

My mum got 妈妈手from taking care of my no.1. The doc told her one of the worst things that can aggravate it when it's like that is wringing clothes to dry after wash. Yours sounds pretty serious, will a wrist guard help?

Last nite was tiring. Put both kids to bed at 9pm. No2 woke up at 1130pm & 145am so tiring. Then I managed to change diapers and feed both sides. Finish at 230am and no1 woke up. Went to sleep with him, thankfully no fuss. He plop back to bed immediately. I slept with him till 4am and sneak back to my room. Thankful no2 only woke at 545am but refused to take the 2nd side.

Tried side latching but bb can't get a good latch and cry and cry. Cradle hold him until he is done, my triceps are beginning to hurt, is this the 妈妈手?

I still have a budge when CL left, now the budge no more, I also lost 2kg since she left. But the stretch marks and loose skin still there... Sit down sure got tummy lah... Stand up can fake abit haha...
Candy - sometimes mine can get a good latch lying down, sometimes it takes a lonnngggg time. When that happens, I sort of hover over her such that my boob is directly above her, shove it into her mouth when she opens, and then slowly ease her n myself into the side lying position.

Redvel your 妈妈手 sound much more serious than mine, I can't reach to my back too but still ok to brush teeth. I got rashes over my body, very itchy but I can't reach out to scratch it at my back haha, doctor said its common to get rashes after giving birth coz hormone change. Seems like I kena all the 'common' things. Haha gynae said hand numbness is very common during pregnancy, tcm said 妈妈手 is very common for first time mum, now rashes also another common. What's next ??? Haha

My gal has been drinking 90 ml of milk every 1.5 to 2 hrs during the day and 70 ml every 2 hr at night....anything more she will refuse . Not sure how I can increase or lengthen the time for milk. Super tired now....
Maybe u can try to burp him then continue to feed, this is what I did to my baby. I will repeat this several times until he finished it, sometimes he will keep his lip close tight which I can't push in the teat then I give up haha

One of my worst "common" post natal fears is dropping hair. It will come eventually I think :(
hope I won't get this Haha my hair already so thin!!! Before pregnant I already dropping lot of hair after shower ..

May I ask what's the right procedure when you decide no more breastfeeding? How to wean off painlessly?

Heard that eat 韭菜 can wean off painfully.

Anyone here taking domperidone to increase the breast milk? My supply still very low, thinking to start taking the domperidone. But not sure if any side effect to the baby.

Do u mind sharing how much do u pay monthly for 5yrs and how much payout at 19yrs?

Anyone got life policy for kids? Is it necessary? Or kids will get it when they grow up lor?
I'm paying $5000 per year for 5 yrs and will get back $50,000 upon 19 yrs. double the Amt.
As for life insurance, it's super cheap if we buy now for the kids, but I believe they should be paying for themselves so din buy for them.

Mummies how are you stocking up on breast milk? Do you store in normal fridge or have you already started freezing?

How much do u store each time? Based on milk output or based on little one's current appetite?

I'm paying $5000 per year for 5 yrs and will get back $50,000 upon 19 yrs. double the Amt.
As for life insurance, it's super cheap if we buy now for the kids, but I believe they should be paying for themselves so din buy for them.
This is very good..... Better than the one I got for Number one from Maunulife...that one I must pay $5000 for 18 years...the return not as good

Heard that eat 韭菜 can wean off painfully.

Anyone here taking domperidone to increase the breast milk? My supply still very low, thinking to start taking the domperidone. But not sure if any side effect to the baby.
I used to take it when I juz given birth to my LO. I took it for close to a week n it really increase the milk supply till I'm lazy to pump n ganna mastitis.
Now I'm taking nursing tea and seems it helps. Juz gotten fernugreek from my sis since she has some leftover n will take that too.

Mummies how are you stocking up on breast milk? Do you store in normal fridge or have you already started freezing?

How much do u store each time? Based on milk output or based on little one's current appetite?
I'm using the normal freezer.. N I normally pour abt 220-240ml as that's the max capacity of the bag.

I used to take it when I juz given birth to my LO. I took it for close to a week n it really increase the milk supply till I'm lazy to pump n ganna mastitis.
Now I'm taking nursing tea and seems it helps. Juz gotten fernugreek from my sis since she has some leftover n will take that too.

oh, is effective then. You took it before food or after food? After taking it just DL baby, the domperidone is safe for baby right?

Wahaha my baby sleep thru the night. Last feed at 9pm. Then ask for milk at 6.30am. Shall keep to this routine. Maybe we went out yesterday. He tired too

When we say baby is 2months old is that exactly 8weeks or go by calendar month?

Also, when we take maternity leave say 12weeks, it takes in weekend too right?

Are babies this age "supposed" to nap after each feed? Most of the time mine doesn't leh. Don't count the last night feed, she only naps after 2-3 day feeds. Wondering if there's something I missed out doing in her routine.

Last edited:
Mummies whose babies are on full bm, does your baby still poo very frequent now? Mine seems to poo quite frequent, not sure if she is absorbing the nutrients, baby is 8 weeks 4 days now

@piglet that is very long! Wow!

@redvel, ml includes weekend, mine starts on 1/7, will be back to work on 23/9 as am taking 12 weeks

The remaining 4 weeks consider flexible leave and not include weekend right? Just checked from mom, please refer to the attached pic

Attachments

• maternity leave.png
    maternity leave.png
    74.8 KB · Views: 101
  • flexible leave.png
    flexible leave.png
    198.9 KB · Views: 129
@piglet that is very long! Wow!

@redvel, ml includes weekend, mine starts on 1/7, will be back to work on 23/9 as am taking 12 weeks
Me take on 27june going back on 19sept Monday. Sian. Me lazy mood my hse still in a mess.

Now at night after 9+pm feed if he didn't cry for milk. I didn't give milk. Cos even dream feed he refuse to open his mouth shut very tight.

Mummies whose babies are on full bm, does your baby still poo very frequent now? Mine seems to poo quite frequent, not sure if she is absorbing the nutrients, baby is 8 weeks 4 days now
Mine is 7 weeks, noticed that she's been pooing once a day starting from last week when it was 3-4 times per day previously.
Think yours is fine, her wt gain so far ok?

Mine is 7 weeks, noticed that she's been pooing once a day starting from last week when it was 3-4 times per day previously.
Think yours is fine, her wt gain so far ok?
Just check her weight, she is about 5kg, so guess weight gain is ok.. Around your bb age, she was also one or two times but late last week, she starts having more poo. Like today, since 5am till now, she has poo 3 times ..

If anyone needs a recommendation for an AIA agent, let me know. My friend specializes in baby insurance so just helping him to share this... There's 6 mths free accident insurance too. Bought from him coz found him good and won't anyhow recommend products.

We got to be careful with 妈妈手, I didn't know it was called that. Hahaha.. The way we carry our baby in cradle position when latching. Make sure you don't use your wrist to support but the inside of your elbow and forearm. Must take care.

Are babies this age "supposed" to nap after each feed? Most of the time mine doesn't leh. Don't count the last night feed, she only naps after 2-3 day feeds. Wondering if there's something I missed out doing in her routine.
My baby also don't nap after each feed, I was told baby sleep lesser when they grow up.

Today my bb is different. Been drinking only 40-50ml at each 1.5-2hrs interval. Mostly wanna sleep. Is this normal occasionally? She got her vaccination on last thur and was told may get cranky and sleepy but it is 4th day now but last 3days she was normal.

My baby sucks thumb. I put mitten he sucks until so loud. Faint. Should I give pacifier?? Hmmm

Maybe you can try to introduce pacifier. After all it is easier to wean your baby off pacifier than fingers. My baby started on pacifier when she was barely a week old.

Back