Placenta previa

First time mom

Hello,

I am at 19 weeks of my pregnancy and have been diagnosed with placenta previa (low lying placenta). Any recommendations for a good gynae who can handle this condition?

I had low lying placenta also and been diagnosed since week 12. My gynae advised me not to do prenatal exercise and allowed me to travelling (as i traveled for work a lot before i was expecting) ...

I switched to government hospital since then as i worried my condition and might go for bedrest for long term. Thank god that the placenta actually went up between week 30 to 36 and allowed me to go for natural at the end. I'm at week 38 now and waiting for my baby to pop-out! :p

I believe any gynae can handle it as long as you are comfortable with him/her.

Hi Lee,
Thank you so much for your reply. That is quite reassuring. I am also planning to switch to government hospital. Hope everything goes fine. Best of your luck to you for your delivery. :)

Don't worry. My gynae said that the placenta will move upwards as the pregnancy proceeds and uterus grows bigger for most women. Indeed, it moved upwards for me. Hope your placenta will move upwards too.

Hi there, just to share. I was informed that u had a low lying placenta when I did my detailed scan at week 20. Was very discouraged and worry sick. Luckily no bleeding episode throughout my pregnancy. However, placenta did not move up either. Hence, my gyane advised to have an elective c section done at week 38, also because my first pregnancy was an emergency c section. I just had my c section 2 days ago. Everything went well. Hence, to encourage mummies to be not to worry. As long as take good care and listen to gynae's opinion, everything will be fine.

Hi there, just to share. I was informed that u had a low lying placenta when I did my detailed scan at week 20. Was very discouraged and worry sick. Luckily no bleeding episode throughout my pregnancy. However, placenta did not move up either. Hence, my gyane advised to have an elective c section done at week 38, also because my first pregnancy was an emergency c section. I just had my c section 2 days ago. Everything went well. Hence, to encourage mummies to be not to worry. As long as take good care and listen to gynae's opinion, everything will be fine.

Thank you so much for your kind words. This really gives me assurance and helps me being positive. Congratulations to you! :)

Hello there
My placenta was also low-lying right at the start of my pregnancy.. Around 7 weeks. My gynae was not worried at all. He even said I could continue brisk walks, but jogging is a no-no. Being kiasu, I stopped all exercises, did only stretching and slow walks. My 16-week scan showed that my placenta has moved up. Hope this encourages you. :)

Hello there
My placenta was also low-lying right at the start of my pregnancy.. Around 7 weeks. My gynae was not worried at all. He even said I could continue brisk walks, but jogging is a no-no. Being kiasu, I stopped all exercises, did only stretching and slow walks. My 16-week scan showed that my placenta has moved up. Hope this encourages you. :)
Thank you so much. Yes it helps a lot to listen to other moms who've gone through similar experiences. Thanks for the encouragement :)

Back