Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

ya, baby's sucking the best, but the problem is, the moment he latches on, there is this excruciating pain on the nipple and you can see the damage after the session - I've seen bloody cracked nips and yesterday was bad; there was pus :(

Sians 1/2......pump every 2 hours :( Like jiak ba liao....haiz.

Put in the ziplock bag, then put in the fridge or in room temp?
Put in fridge. Let your breast rest use pump for 1days. Apply nipple cream. After every pump. N at least half an hr before the pump. This method help me n I recover within 2days

Haze is really bad. So worried affect my babies breathing especially my elder just recovered from Bronchiolities

Today I smell hazy. Take care. On humifier
With haze, Humidifiers may not be sufficient coz it does not remove the pollutants and air particles in the air le. It only add water to indoor air, increasing the relative humidity of the indoor environment. If the objective is to remove pollutants, think you need air purifier.

Tsum_tsum... exactly wat u mentioned. Given drop too

If d saline drop don't loosen d mucus in d nose...buy d 100% natural nasal spray fr guardian (cost around $16+? If I nvr remb wrongly) as d powerful jet of saltwater from d bottle loosen abit more effectively. ..

N if Dr prescribe nose decongestant. ..Try not to use it unless Bo bian. ..as of cos it help unblock d nose but u will end up having a snotty fussing alert bb (who refuse/cant sleep ) instead of snotty fussing sleepy bb...

Last edited:
Haze is really bad. So worried affect my babies breathing especially my elder just recovered from Bronchiolities
You have purifier at home? If have then put it in the room and keep the babies within the room.
My #2 also just recovered from broncholities (2x within 2 months), i also very scared.

You have purifier at home? If have then put it in the room and keep the babies within the room.
My #2 also just recovered from broncholities (2x within 2 months), i also very scared.

Yes I have. Alresdy on it. Do u think is better if I leave the Aircon on for them today?

Phantom I have the nasal spray too. It can help dissolve the nose mucus n my boy after spray will sneeze it out but not always effective. U can try elevate the cot so that he can breathe better.

Boys are more prone to this as their windpipes are narrower. With the haze coming back, please turn on the air purifier as baby is at home. If baby is wheezing for more than 3 days, please bring back to the PD coz may need nebiliser. Never sit on it coz it might develop into broncholities which can result in admission to hospital when it gets serious.

Ohh...never know tt boys r more prone to this problem man....glad to know now cos always feel very helpless when bub is uncomfortable but nothing much I can help ease except to help suck out mucus (if there is any)

pd only mentioned bub will out grown it once they reach around 9 month or so...

Ohh...never know tt boys r more prone to this problem man....glad to know now cos always feel very helpless when bub is uncomfortable but nothing much I can help ease except to help suck out mucus (if there is any)

pd only mentioned bub will out grown it once they reach around 9 month or so...
Ya, my 2 boys both always down with nasal congestion one. I always thought it's because they are in the ifc environment until my PD told me about narrower windpipes. But my #1 has outgrown it and since he was about 18 months, he seldom get nasal congestion or runny nose le.

Talk about nasal aspirator, the children will scream without fail whenever i use them. But be careful of the sucking strength coz may hurt the nasal wall wor.

Talk about nasal aspirator, the children will scream without fail whenever i use them. But be careful of the sucking strength coz may hurt the nasal wall wor.

Yah...my bub always scream/cry like crazy when I use the nasal thingy on him...my friend's hubby more solid....He use his mouth to suck out d mucus which although as much as I love my bub...I don't dare to do it cos incase I hv a up coming flu/cough which will spread to bub instead. ...

Hey no bad leh mama! you still can have 4 to 5 pumps per day. How many weeks are your twins now? Actually after a while, you'll have a routine and that's where you can squeeze in to pump. So you're not doing DL?

How did you find out that your CL overfed them? They keep puking milk?

I don't practice what you mention as per the book recommends coz like my babies they regurgitate milk, puke milk, or poo...after which they will feel hungry easily and it might not adhere to the specified timing or volume.

Your hubby will be with you and the bbs to the polyclinic trip rite? As long as you have 1 extra pair of hands then will not be an issue. It's definitely confidence training for the 1st trip out w/o CL. Once you survive it, you can literally go anywhere! My hubby and I been going out with the twins almost every weekend w/o helper. So it's manageable as long as you understand their pattern and character. But you probably need to have a relatively thick skin (when the bbs both scream & cry together) and be prepared with many strangers suddenly coming up to you trying to offer help. haha

Nope i gave up on DL long ago. initially like you tot pump for a month and stop when CL goes but Im still pumping. my twins are 6 weeks now. Yep slowly a routine is forming but still shacked. Imagine feeding them and needing to pump at the same time. sometimes I just cut short the pumping when they are fussing and an extra pair of hands is urgently needed.

Btw , by pumping 2 times, are you able to give them one feed per day? I very lazy to do the top up like last time. im trying to keep freeze extras now so that when i stopped pumping i still have some for them to continue.

i went to KKH cos my boy was especially fussy, gassy and pooping alot more than his usual. At his last feed he refuse his bottle halfway and continue with his cries. THe PD say I was overfeeding 110 to a 4kg baby. it should be around 80ml.

wah im so impressed with your courage in bringing them out. I really dread it esp the boy as he is really very fussy. Im suspecting he has acid reflux. will probably dare to bring 1 of them out after they are 2 months and above.

Last edited:
Yah...my bub always scream/cry like crazy when I use the nasal thingy on him...my friend's hubby more solid....He use his mouth to suck out d mucus which although as much as I love my bub...I don't dare to do it cos incase I hv a up coming flu/cough which will spread to bub instead. ...
That's the old pattern! My ah ma also did that when we were young - dirty la but effective

Put in fridge. Let your breast rest use pump for 1days. Apply nipple cream. After every pump. N at least half an hr before the pump. This method help me n I recover within 2days
Ya ya! I only latched him once today cos he was crying like mad and we have used up the chilled BM. Latching & pumping at the same time. Damn pain!

Ya ya! I only latched him once today cos he was crying like mad and we have used up the chilled BM. Latching & pumping at the same time. Damn pain!
Don't rush ok. Let your breast recover. Doing the pump. No latch since is pain for these few days. Pump n give on the same day. Don't even need to think of storing up BM first. That one after 1mths that do the production.

Don't rush ok. Let your breast recover. Doing the pump. No latch since is pain for these few days. Pump n give on the same day. Don't even need to think of storing up BM first. That one after 1mths that do the production.
True lo, just heck lo, like not enough just top up with FM, like that less stressful eh

Ahh... your ah ma so brave! Give her a "like" I :)
Ehh! I was so surprised that she's a BM supporter. Tot she was an FM supporter all along till one day she was asking if I had enough milk for baby - I told her I was having cracked nips etc, v scary to be "bitten" every single time. She was saying that just bear with it; it would be ok since BM is the best for babies and as mothers, we should give the best. I took her advice that day and latched one more time- the cracked nipples didn't go away :p back to pumping :p

Nope i gave up on DL long ago. initially like you tot pump for a month and stop when CL goes but Im still pumping. my twins are 6 weeks now. Yep slowly a routine is forming but still shacked. Imagine feeding them and needing to pump at the same time. sometimes I just cut short the pumping when they are fussing and an extra pair of hands is urgently needed..

Well done mummy tt u exceed ur initial goal of just 1 month of expressing bm...*clap clap** ...no stress if can do press on as long as possible ....If can't fm also feed bubs big n strong :)

Can relate need to pump n feed at d same time...as it is not easy as Wat u mentioned hv to feed n pump for two hungry cutie pie at d same time ! Totally feel u on tt as I also at times hv to carry bub on 1 arm n the other hand holding my pump as bub simply refuse to sit on d rocker/fussing to b carry wen there is no help available sometime ....

Last edited:
@DawnBB...how is everything w bub n u? :)
Hello @Tsum_tsum. Things are definitely getting better with each day as the body heals, gets adapted to the the lack of sleep & bb's schedule. I'm grateful that bb is great at latching so no problem with supply and no sore nipples etc. Only thing is that she gets tired before she gets her fill so mostly 15min (at most 20min) each side. The Haakaa silicon hand pump is very useful to collect the dripped milk from the free boob while she latches on the other so I could bottle feed the collected bm as top up after her latch. Otherwise I would store for later use if there's more than she needs. I'm also pleasantly surprised that recovery post c sect is very steep; the surface wound has healed very well while I had stopped pain killer since 3rd day after c sect & I'm already feeling quite normal. My mum helps with confinement but she's old & seems not so confident in newborn care while she's great at cooking & handling household chores. Luckily I'm up to it in taking care of bb and dad is able to help with some cooking as well. Also bb's feeding & sleep schedule has been quite predictable 3-4hrs apart so far and night feeds are like 12ish and 3-4ish. So far so good for now while I'm prepared things changes as fast as bb growth. Just trying to soak up every moment of being with her. :)

Hello @Tsum_tsum. Things are definitely getting better with each day as the body heals. Just trying to soak up every moment of being with her. :)

Ahhh....ur princess r such a darling w good latching plus predictable feeding period !

And U Urself r doing a fantastic job too mummy! Can feel both of u tango w each other perfectly well :)

Yup yup...enjoy every precious moment w ur princess as in a blink of eye they grow up real fast!! :)

Hello @Tsum_tsum. Things are definitely getting better with each day as the body heals, gets adapted to the the lack of sleep & bb's schedule. I'm grateful that bb is great at latching so no problem with supply and no sore nipples etc. Only thing is that she gets tired before she gets her fill so mostly 15min (at most 20min) each side. The Haakaa silicon hand pump is very useful to collect the dripped milk from the free boob while she latches on the other so I could bottle feed the collected bm as top up after her latch. Otherwise I would store for later use if there's more than she needs. I'm also pleasantly surprised that recovery post c sect is very steep; the surface wound has healed very well while I had stopped pain killer since 3rd day after c sect & I'm already feeling quite normal. My mum helps with confinement but she's old & seems not so confident in newborn care while she's great at cooking & handling household chores. Luckily I'm up to it in taking care of bb and dad is able to help with some cooking as well. Also bb's feeding & sleep schedule has been quite predictable 3-4hrs apart so far and night feeds are like 12ish and 3-4ish. So far so good for now while I'm prepared things changes as fast as bb growth. Just trying to soak up every moment of being with her. :)
Wa!!! Envy envy!! Sore boobs, cracked nipples, bb's insatiable appetite for milk are all on my end :/

Sometimes I think it really takes teamwork between daddy & mommy to smoothly tide over this 3-month transistion period (yeah to get used to a newborn needs about 3 months, generally). I am ever grateful to my hubs for waking up in the much hated wee hours (2-4am) to feed LO and to change his soiled diapers as & when. To make sure that I have enough BM, he cooks fish & soup for dinner everyday. Feeling very blessed. It's difficult if i were to handle this alone

Sometimes I think it really takes teamwork between daddy & mommy to smoothly tide over this 3-month transistion period (yeah to get used to a newborn needs about 3 months, generally). I am ever grateful to my hubs for waking up in the much hated wee hours (2-4am) to feed LO and to change his soiled diapers as & when. To make sure that I have enough BM, he cooks fish & soup for dinner everyday. Feeling very blessed. It's difficult if i were to handle this alone
First two month is the toughest I feel. As a first time mum am trying to understand their routine n behaviour. Also the lack of sleep n patience to handle two crying babies at the same time. I supposed the hardest part is not enough rest n sleep especially I have been nuaing for the longest time since my HL. Haha.

Your hb so sweet.

Sometimes I think it really takes teamwork between daddy & mommy to smoothly tide over this 3-month transistion period (yeah to get used to a newborn needs about 3 months, generally).

Hey towkayneo, u hit right on d nail tt yes it really take 3 month to get use to newborn needs! (After 3 month,bub promoted to become infant liao. ..*beam**)

Not easy to handle #1 plus a newborn N ur hubby is such a sweet daddy....nice! Jia you mummy !!!

Think so!! My hubs was asking if we would ever have a daughter. I wonder too :/
Yes! Try for a gal :) you have a very supportive and sweet hubby. Thumbs up to daddy and of course, mummy! Jia you k!

First two month is the toughest I feel. As a first time mum am trying to understand their routine n behaviour. Also the lack of sleep n patience to handle two crying babies at the same time. I supposed the hardest part is not enough rest n sleep especially I have been nuaing for the longest time since my HL. Haha.
haiz!!! Getting used to it is tough esp when there is a toddler around and he's mischievous (could be didi' existence) lack of zzzz makes me snap easily and I guess it just didn't help matters...so hubs and I take turns with the kids. When I attend to #1, I made sure I give my full attention to him

Hey towkayneo, u hit right on d nail tt yes it really take 3 month to get use to newborn needs! (After 3 month,bub promoted to become infant liao. ..*beam**)

Not easy to handle #1 plus a newborn N ur hubby is such a sweet daddy....nice! Jia you mummy !!!
This is like joining a new company..probation of 3 months but the diff is, in the new company, you can quit if you dislike the role but as parents, you can never quit..

My little one, bite and bite... haha. my darling say like me, during mating, at times deesiao bite also. Lol.. is fine, as darling pump and and feed via bottle
I think it's not bite..needs to tweak abit on the latching. I think if bb latch wrongly, the feeling is like tio kah...

haiz!!! Getting used to it is tough esp when there is a toddler around and he's mischievous (could be didi' existence) lack of zzzz makes me snap easily and I guess it just didn't help matters...so hubs and I take turns with the kids. When I attend to #1, I made sure I give my full attention to him
Like Bunny said before. Bite the bullet and get through it. It will get better de. Just over a week and my hubby told me emotionally that he is really amazed by the strength of women as mothers

Like Bunny said before. Bite the bullet and get through it. It will get better de. Just over a week and my hubby told me emotionally that he is really amazed by the strength of women as mothers
Ya! you & phoebe are doing a great job! In sync with each other; like what they say, like mother, like daughter...
I think my relatives are amazed that I can be in the labour room alone w/o hubs. But the thing is that they didn't know that it's not by choice :/

Back