IVF/ICSI Support Group

morning ladies.. am scheduled for my FET tmr... read somewhere in the previous pages that for ET, it is better to refrain from wearing any perfume/deodorant.. cos the nurse din mention this to me.. any advice?

Cindy chang, its usually ER where My clinic will advise to avoid any perfumes etc. I havent heard of such restrictions for ET though ... But to be sure just a call to your clinic just to confirm.

good luck for ur ET!

morning ladies.. am scheduled for my FET tmr... read somewhere in the previous pages that for ET, it is better to refrain from wearing any perfume/deodorant.. cos the nurse din mention this to me.. any advice?
Hi Cindy... I think best to avoid ba. I read on previous pages too that embryos don't like perfume/deodorant?
All the best for your FET tmr!:)

Girl u cannot miss your injection. It's for the growth of your egg n missing one dose may or may not affect the cycle. Don't think can make up the dosage because sudden double dose may affect the egg growth. Pls inform doctor when u go for scan.

The timeline depends on your egg growth. Average around day 10 can schedule for Retrieval.

Cd - cycle day
Stim - stimulation as in injection
AMH- is the blood test for your egg reserve.

Hi Bunny33, thanks for the explanation. I understand that the injection schedule needs to be followed closely, but i was really feeling very unwell that night, have never had such pro-longed shivering before(furthermore i was still recovering from my fever last sat). I was afraid it might make things worse if i take the jab.

Haiz..My body suddenly have alot of problems during this first attempt. Hopefully nothing is affected *keeping fingers crossed*

Last edited:
Just saw Dr Tan at Kkh. Post-review after last mth's failed 1st fresh cycle. He scheduled me for hysteroscopy as he wants to dilate my cervix as I have very tight cervix which he had difficulty inserting the embryos last round.

Anyone else done hysteroscopy before and how was it?

When he looked at me and asked me how was it the last round and tried to say nice consoling words, emotions welled up and I thk he saw the tears rolling abt in my eyes. Almost broke down in front of him then hurry up siam and left the room with my Husband. So embarrassing...I thought I
Was over it since its been almost 6 wks since the BT but still feeling sad.

Dr Tan was v nice though..told encouraging story of a patient who failed twice and suddenly jus got pregnant naturally after 8 yrs.

Gd luck to everyone!

Just saw Dr Tan at Kkh. Post-review after last mth's failed 1st fresh cycle. He scheduled me for hysteroscopy as he wants to dilate my cervix as I have very tight cervix which he had difficulty inserting the embryos last round.

When he looked at me and asked me how was it the last round and tried to say nice consoling words, emotions welled up and I thk he saw the tears rolling abt in my eyes. Almost broke down in front of him then hurry up siam and left the room with my Husband. So embarrassing...I thought I

Dr Tan was v nice though..told encouraging story of a patient who failed twice and suddenly jus got pregnant naturally after 8 yrs.

Gd luck to everyone!

Hi Cen,

I am a newcomer to the forum but have been following it for a while. I did hysteroscopy earlier this year at NUH. In my case it was due to fibroids and to make sure it was not impinging on the cavity.

The procedure is quite painless (at least it was for me). They usually give you a medicine to dilate your uterus which you need to take 2 or 3 hrs before the procedure. That was slightly painful. So I would advice taking Panadol along with it. The procedure is just an insertion of hysteroscope (camera) to see what is happening internally and if they see any polyps or growth can be removed simultaneously as well. It took less than 10 minutes for the whole procedure. Your husband will be in the room and can see your uterine cavity (and more!) on the TV in the adjacent room. Hope that helps!

I can understand what you are saying and completely relate to it as well. I just got to know last week that my 2nd Fresh IVF failed as well. I did not have a transfer in my first one. This can be a painfully long journey for some (hopefully not for you!). But important to remain positive and focus on the end game. And most times a good cry also helps!

Take care! All the best!

Hi Cen,

I am a newcomer to the forum but have been following it for a while. I did hysteroscopy earlier this year at NUH. In my case it was due to fibroids and to make sure it was not impinging on the cavity.

The procedure is quite painless (at least it was for me). They usually give you a medicine to dilate your uterus which you need to take 2 or 3 hrs before the procedure. That was slightly painful. So I would advice taking Panadol along with it. The procedure is just an insertion of hysteroscope (camera) to see what is happening internally and if they see any polyps or growth can be removed simultaneously as well. It took less than 10 minutes for the whole procedure. Your husband will be in the room and can see your uterine cavity (and more!) on the TV in the adjacent room. Hope that helps!

I can understand what you are saying and completely relate to it as well. I just got to know last week that my 2nd Fresh IVF failed as well. I did not have a transfer in my first one. This can be a painfully long journey for some (hopefully not for you!). But important to remain positive and focus on the end game. And most times a good cry also helps!

Take care! All the best!

Hi mysteryblue,

So u r not under GA when u did the hysteroscopy at NUH?
i did b4 at kkh and it was under GA. I did many GA b4 and is not a fan of it.. so when my NUH doc asked me if i want to do a hysteroscopy.. i think and think.

Hi mysteryblue,

So u r not under GA when u did the hysteroscopy at NUH?
i did b4 at kkh and it was under GA. I did many GA b4 and is not a fan of it.. so when my NUH doc asked me if i want to do a hysteroscopy.. i think and think.

No there was no GA for hysteroscopy- mine was a diagnostic hysteroscopy if that's the difference.

Wow..everyday jacks plc steak, i scare i end up too heaty ..lol but i like their beef- cos grass fed cow....
But still maybe try to do homecook beef more frequent..

Btw.. U r back on forum recently.. Back for another cycle ? :)
I'm just reading mostly as I think habit le after so many yrs..another cycle? Hmm maybe I'm still considering..
U still with NUH?

Gd luck to everyone!
My diagnostic hysteroscopy was done with GA as I specifically ask for it. I'm scared of doing it without as I read some ppl feel pain so I opt for GA but it's more costly as they need to book the day surgery room for u. I did at NUH and it's a quick one. But after that it's just menses crampings. And slight bleeding.

Ladies feelin kinda mixed emotions...did my endoscratch 2 days back.no spottin thereafter.but today spoted brown.So i assume my Af coming as its due anytime...When called kkivf for 2nd fresh cycle to start,gota shocked as mentioned thats blocked out date till 30/8 i tink due to raya haji...so nurse mentioned must observe my spottin.full flow consider Af.otherwise post endoscratch bleeding.Dun wish to wait for another cycle to resume 2nd fresh lei...geez...if not wasted do the endoscratch..
Any ladies mind advisin me...feeelin so lost right now.

Hey ladies just wanted to share my experience with FET.

So i did my ET on the 18 Aug at NUH. Transferred 2 x hatched blastocyst. Rested for 2 hrs and off i went home.

Im happy to say that i got my BFP 5dp6dt.

Some symptoms that i experienced was sharp pain after transfer, cramps, fluttering in tummy, backache and sore boobs.

This whole IVF/FET experience has been full of questions and worries for most of us here.
Im sending baby dust to all mommy to be here.
Take great care of yourself and good luck!!

Ladies feelin kinda mixed emotions...did my endoscratch 2 days back.no spottin thereafter.but today spoted brown.So i assume my Af coming as its due anytime...When called kkivf for 2nd fresh cycle to start,gota shocked as mentioned thats blocked out date till 30/8 i tink due to raya haji...so nurse mentioned must observe my spottin.full flow consider Af.otherwise post endoscratch bleeding.Dun wish to wait for another cycle to resume 2nd fresh lei...geez...if not wasted do the endoscratch..
Any ladies mind advisin me...feeelin so lost right now.
Hello,30 aug maybi still got chance to do cycle. Try not to stress first. Maybi its post endo bleeding. Today is 26 aug. As long as injection on day 3 u will be fine

So i did my ET on the 18 Aug at NUH. Transferred 2 x hatched blastocyst. Rested for 2 hrs and off i went home.

Some symptoms that i experienced was sharp pain after transfer, cramps, fluttering in tummy, backache and sore boobs.

This whole IVF/FET experience has been full of questions and worries for most of us here.
Congrats and have a smooth pregnancy !

Congrats!!!!!
I so hope to have bfp like you unfortunately having bfn 3 days ago. I under Pac Wong how about u?

Congrats!!!!!
I so hope to have bfp like you unfortunately having bfn 3 days ago. I under Pac Wong how about u?
Thank you..
Im so sorry for your failed cycle.. will be u resting before u go on to the next cycle?
This will be my 3rd (and hopefully 4th) child but first for my husband. I am seeing Dr Shakina..
Even with this bfp im still worrying as i have a very colourful history of miscarriages n ectopic pregnancy..
After 12 years of long wait I finally get to see that 2nd line on my HPT and that was a miracle for me.
I am sure your time will come soon. :)

E edoscratch can last for 3 months
Ahicic...thanks...But wun it b better.u do scratch before ur next cycle den u do scratch and ur next cycle is way further in ltr dates...I mean like that it wun help much with implantation right.....

Last edited:
Ahicic...thanks...But wun it b better.u do scratch before ur next cycle den u do scratch and ur next cycle is way further in ltr dates...I mean like that it wun help much with implantation right.....
Don't despair Hajar, maybe have more bedrest these few days. The spotting might really be due to residual blood from the scratch and might stop. Rest well and don't worry too much k. Fill yr mind with strong and good thoughts and things will go well!

Don't despair Hajar, maybe have more bedrest these few days. The spotting might really be due to residual blood from the scratch and might stop. Rest well and don't worry too much k. Fill yr mind with strong and good thoughts and things will go well!
Hope so too...thanks for the encouraging words....

If lets say my ivf reschedule due to blocked dates in kkivf,do i need to do again my endoscratch to maximise my implantation.....

Thank you..
Im so sorry for your failed cycle.. will be u resting before u go on to the next cycle?
This will be my 3rd (and hopefully 4th) child but first for my husband. I am seeing Dr Shakina..
Even with this bfp im still worrying as i have a very colourful history of miscarriages n ectopic pregnancy..
After 12 years of long wait I finally get to see that 2nd line on my HPT and that was a miracle for me.
I am sure your time will come soon. :)
Actually i am trying to get my #2. My first now 2.5 yo.
I still thinking whether continue to try or just give up. I would like to give my girl a accompanion. But seems like it is so difficult to get. Or maybe one will be just enough to me. I still thinking.

I still thinking whether continue to try or just give up. I would like to give my girl a accompanion. But seems like it is so difficult to get. Or maybe one will be just enough to me. I still thinking.

Hi ylgoh,
Sorry to hear the BFN news.

My boy is now 5 and I am cycling after 6 years. Had to delay the No2 plan as I was breastfeeding and I was subsequently bugged with thyroidism and it took a couple of months to regulate my thyro homones.

I had a failed FET end of last yr and just did my 2nd fresh cycle which land-up in a "disastrous" state. (Left with only1 basto) and I will start with my 3rd fresh cycle using my next cycle.

Some of my 2010 cycle buddies are also struggling for No2 but one of them got a 2nd BFP after 6 yrs of interval and many rounds of BFNs. If you are certain that you want to give a didi or meimei to your gal, Press On !.

Maybe change to Prof Wong at NUH?
I have a whatsapp support group for ladies undergoing IVF and IUI. Would you want to join?
can please also add me?
97966125?
as forum is hard for me to catch up
Maybe change to Prof Wong at NUH?
I have a whatsapp support group for ladies undergoing IVF and IUI. Would you want to join?
Hi, I'm new to this forum. Starting my IVF in sep. May I join ur whatsapp grp? Pls add me: 93661618

Hi All,

I am new to this forum. This is my first time going for IVF, and will be done by Dr SF Loh from TMC. Before this, i have 2 failed IUI attempts with NUH.

Day 1 of my menses is on sat 20 Aug and i have taken injections (Gonal F-300mg + Menopur-150mg per night) for 4 days till today (24 Aug). We went back to see Dr Low today and was told that there is only 6-7 eggs (high FSH level), with the largest size being 12mm and and lining thickness is 7.5mm. As this is my first time, may i know what is the average size of the egg 4th day into menses.

This time round he prescribed me with Gonal F (375mg) + Pergoveris + Orgalutron to be jab for 3 nights and told us to go back for consultation/scan this saturday. Unfortunately, tonight i missed my injection as i am not feeling well, with sudden bouts of cold and constant shivering for at least 30mins, so to play safe, i have decided not to proceed with the jab for tonight. Anyone here missed any injection before? How to make up for it? I will be calling up the clinic to check tomorrow also.

Anybody with Dr Loh as well, he told us that i will be on short cycle, so may i know how many more injection am i expected to take and whats the expected cycle timeline from now on.

May i know what do abbreviation below means:
CD1, CD2, stim, AMH level

Sorry for the long post and the many questions.

Thanks all for reading!

Hi all, went back for my 2nd scan today. The scan only shows 4 eggs, 17mm, 15mm, 15mm 12.8mm....haiz. The lining is 9.6mm. The result is not very encouraging, even Dr Loh also sigh. The only consoling word from Dr Loh is that its still better than none and that we only need 1 good egg.

Tmr night will be taking the trigger shot and tuesday AM for the egg retrieval. Any advice on what to do/eat before and after egg retrieval? Really keeping my fingers crossed now.

Come to think about need now, even IVF requires alot of steps (need right size follicles, fertilisation, etc) before one can succeed, so its really a miracle (to me) that others are able to conceive naturally...

Last edited:
Hi all, went back for my 2nd scan today. The scan only shows 4 eggs, 17mm, 15mm, 15mm 12.8mm....haiz. The lining is 9.6mm. The result is not very encouraging, even Dr Loh also sigh. The only consoling word from Dr Loh is that its still better than none and that we only need 1 good egg.

Tmr night will be taking the trigger shot and tuesday AM for the egg retrieval. Any advice on what to do/eat before and after egg retrieval? Really keeping my fingers crossed now.

Come to think about need now, even IVF requires alot of steps (need right size follicles, fertilisation, etc) before one can succeed, so its really a miracle (to me) that others are able to conceive naturally...
Hi babe, when you have done all that you best can, rem the one thing you can still do is try to be positive. Positive energy can help in ways that the eyes can't see.
I succeeded only after 5 cycles (3 fresh & 2 fets) and just birthed my bb gal last Thursday. I'm with Dr Loh too.

I have previously shared the following during my 3rd fresh cycle last year. A long post but hope ladies currently in the journey will fund it a useful ref:
-----------
I collated this list from what I gathered from the support forum and from doctor and TCM physician.
  • Eat healthy balanced diet. No extreme shifts in diet even when including foods suggested to benefit TTC.
  • Drink at least 2L of water to keep well hydrated.
  • Have ample good rest.
  • Do light exercise like walking to enhance blood flow.
  • Continue pre-natal supplements (min. 4mg folic acid or otherwise as per doctor's advice) and post transfer support meds.
  • First week post transfer ie. hatching and implantation window, take things easier. Talk to and encourage your embie to attach, implant & stick! (If have, can listen to hypno/meditation cd for post transfer)
  • Can take foods that support implantation as suggested by IVFers sisters on the forum - brazil nuts, walnuts, avocado, double-boil chicken essence (http://jewelpie.com/homemade-chicken-essence-to-relief-tiredness/)
  • Ensure adequate protein to support growth, regeneration and esp. in fresh cycle, to prevent OHSS - e.g. Egg whites, fish, chicken
  • Take fruits & leafy vegetables that are not too cold/cool - e.g. can take golden kiwi, broccoli, cai xin, etc.
  • If not heaty, can take warming foods/ drinks, otherwise cut down (e.g. take less or do not take daily) or stop - e.g. longan red date tea, durian (signs of heatiness include heavy headed feeling, swelling tongue that is more red than usual, sweating too easily, very warm palms and soles to extent of discomfort, constant thirst; don't let heatiness escalate to constipation)
  • Avoid cold and raw foods - e.g. NO papaya, banana, watermelon (any melons), sashimi, salads, ice-cream
  • Avoid pineapple which may cause uterine contractions
  • Avoid dairy foods esp. if you hv phlegm-damp constitution (see http://www.maryzhang.com/food_function.htm)*
  • No unpasteurised milk which causes risk of listeria infection
  • Avoid eating mould-ripened soft cheese, e.g. brie and camembert, and blue-veined varieties, such as stilton or Danish blue, etc as these are usually made with unpasteurised milk.
  • Limit soy foods (GMO corn crops very prevalent in soy foods; also very high in phytoestrogen so higher risk of excess)*
  • Avoid seafoods high in mercury, e.g. mackeral, shark
  • Avoid spicy stuff esp. even more so for those with poor digestion
  • Avoid caffeine - no coffee, tea, chocolate (caffeine is not good for blood flow and may restrict absorption of nutrients)
  • Avoid alcohol - may affect kidney function and hence metabolization of meds, affects fetal growth & health.
  • NO soaking in hot baths, no sauna, no massage, no spa.
  • Avoid smokey/hazardous areas.
  • If red spotting or bleeding during 2ww, no need to panic, just call clinic & follow advice.
  • In case of constipation, can take some prune juices along with daily intake of vegetables, fruits and lots of water. If no improvement, check with clinic/ doc for advice and before taking any OTC laxatives.
  • Keep feet warm -can wear house slipper/ socks
  • Laugh a lot!
  • If in doubt, take the path of least regret.
  • Breathe, be positive and hang in there!
"If you Think about size of the blessing coming, you would Embrace the magnitude of the battle you are now fighting."

If you really have to think about it, focus on at least the one reason it will work and forget all the reasons why you think it will not work.

*It is ok to have a bit of milk or tofu sometimes. We don't usually eat these excessively so it will be fine. The key is overall healthy balance diet, adequate hydration and rest so that our bodies function optimally.

All the best! Jia you!

Can I ask if a cyst could hinder the success rate of pregnancy? Though the doctor said since it did not grow in size so it is not of any issue.

hi all...

I just had a failed fet. Next will be my 2nd fresh cycle. how long do you think i should rest before starting the journey again? The quality of my eggs for last fresh r not very good... any suggestion how to improve it?

hi all...

I just had a failed fet. Next will be my 2nd fresh cycle. how long do you think i should rest before starting the journey again? The quality of my eggs for last fresh r not very good... any suggestion how to improve it?
Mosttly dr advice to wait for 2 cycle.But some dun even wait.So depends on individu i guess...For egg quality more egg whites...More protein intakes as per forum sugestion....

Dont give up just yet.... just keep on trying coz u wont know when it would really stick...
I know its never easy to see a negative when all u wanted was a BFP.
Trust me I've been there so many times.
Whatever it is, have patience and faith and things will start going your way..

hi all...

Hi b3lieves,
My tcm had previously advised that the resting time for a fresh cycle from a failed fet is a month. However it all depends on individuals. My AF went hay-wired after my failed fet and it took me 4 months for my body to re-regulate my AF. Check with ur dr on his take.

To improve eggs quality, i believed some of the ladies are popping supplements like ubiquinol , royal jelly (but do note that ladies with cysts should avoid royal jelly) etc...

You may also check with ur dr if he will administer a different stimulation protocol for your next fresh cycle. Read from various sources that hGH (human growth hormones) helped in eggs maturation and quality especially in older women as our pituitary glands start to secrete lesser amount of hGH.

Heres the link incase u would like a detail read-up

http://www.fertilethoughts.com/foru...773-human-growth-hormone-saizen-omnipure.html

Rest well and good luck for ur next cycle.

Could anyone also advise when to start again after a failed fresh cycle as I do not have any frozen embryo left after the fresh? Thanks!

Hi b3lieves,
My tcm had previously advised that the resting time for a fresh cycle from a failed fet is a month. However it all depends on individuals. My AF went hay-wired after my failed fet and it took me 4 months for my body to re-regulate my AF. Check with ur dr on his take.

To improve eggs quality, i believed some of the ladies are popping supplements like ubiquinol , royal jelly (but do note that ladies with cysts should avoid royal jelly) etc...

You may also check with ur dr if he will administer a different stimulation protocol for your next fresh cycle. Read from various sources that hGH (human growth hormones) helped in eggs maturation and quality especially in older women as our pituitary glands start to secrete lesser amount of hGH.

Heres the link incase u would like a detail read-up

http://www.fertilethoughts.com/foru...773-human-growth-hormone-saizen-omnipure.html

Rest well and good luck for ur next cycle.

Hi daylesford,

Thanks for your great info! may i know which tcm dr you are seeing now? im thinking maybe i should tiao my body first before going for next fresh....
I just bought a bottle of Coq10, but seems like ubiquinol is more suitable after reading ...

Hi daylesford,

Thanks for your great info! may i know which tcm dr you are seeing now? im thinking maybe i should tiao my body first before going for next fresh....
I just bought a bottle of Coq10, but seems like ubiquinol is more suitable after reading ...

Hi b3lieves,
I am seeing dr zou at amk since i started cycling in 2010.

Saw from some other forums that are difficult school of thoughts on the consumption / dosage of coq10 (ubiquinone vs ubiquinol).

http://ivf.ca/forums/topic/44553-fertility-dose-of-coq10-ubiquinol-vs-ubiquinone/

Hi

To improve lining, I read that can take red bean soup and soy milk. May I know when do we start taking? 1 month before can start taking or after ET?

Things that help with implantation e.g. Brazil nuts, do we start eating now or after ET too?

Any other advice for FET?

Hi

To improve lining, I read that can take red bean soup and soy milk. May I know when do we start taking? 1 month before can start taking or after ET?

Things that help with implantation e.g. Brazil nuts, do we start eating now or after ET too?

Any other advice for FET?

Hi bbhopeful77,
The general rule of thumb is to keep our womb warm prior to ET. Some will suggest putting heat/warm pads before ET. Drink red dates drink etc...

Brazil nuts take after ET as it contains loads of selenium which will help with implementation. I took durians too. These r all v heaty food !

As for red bean soup it all depends on your endometrium. My first FET where i had a bfp i did not drink any red bean soup but my last failed fet, i thought i had endo thickening issues and i drank a bowl of red bean soup on a daily basis when i started progynova and by my first scan, my endo was in optimal condition for transfer. Guess my endo thickened faster than expected.

Just eat in moderation incase of any "adverse effects".

Last edited:
Hi babe, when you have done all that you best can, rem the one thing you can still do is try to be positive. Positive energy can help in ways that the eyes can't see.
I succeeded only after 5 cycles (3 fresh & 2 fets) and just birthed my bb gal last Thursday. I'm with Dr Loh too.

I have previously shared the following during my 3rd fresh cycle last year. A long post but hope ladies currently in the journey will fund it a useful ref:
-----------
I collated this list from what I gathered from the support forum and from doctor and TCM physician.
  • Eat healthy balanced diet. No extreme shifts in diet even when including foods suggested to benefit TTC.
  • Have ample good rest.
  • Continue pre-natal supplements (min. 4mg folic acid or otherwise as per doctor's advice) and post transfer support meds.
  • First week post transfer ie. hatching and implantation window, take things easier. Talk to and encourage your embie to attach, implant & stick! (If have, can listen to hypno/meditation cd for post transfer)
  • Can take foods that support implantation as suggested by IVFers sisters on the forum - brazil nuts, walnuts, avocado, double-boil chicken essence (http://jewelpie.com/homemade-chicken-essence-to-relief-tiredness/)
  • Ensure adequate protein to support growth, regeneration and esp. in fresh cycle, to prevent OHSS - e.g. Egg whites, fish, chicken
  • Take fruits & leafy vegetables that are not too cold/cool - e.g. can take golden kiwi, broccoli, cai xin, etc.
  • If not heaty, can take warming foods/ drinks, otherwise cut down (e.g. take less or do not take daily) or stop - e.g. longan red date tea, durian (signs of heatiness include heavy headed feeling, swelling tongue that is more red than usual, sweating too easily, very warm palms and soles to extent of discomfort, constant thirst; don't let heatiness escalate to constipation)
  • Avoid cold and raw foods - e.g. NO papaya, banana, watermelon (any melons), sashimi, salads, ice-cream
  • Avoid dairy foods esp. if you hv phlegm-damp constitution (see http://www.maryzhang.com/food_function.htm)*
  • Avoid eating mould-ripened soft cheese, e.g. brie and camembert, and blue-veined varieties, such as stilton or Danish blue, etc as these are usually made with unpasteurised milk.
  • Limit soy foods (GMO corn crops very prevalent in soy foods; also very high in phytoestrogen so higher risk of excess)*
  • Avoid caffeine - no coffee, tea, chocolate (caffeine is not good for blood flow and may restrict absorption of nutrients)
  • Avoid alcohol - may affect kidney function and hence metabolization of meds, affects fetal growth & health.
  • If red spotting or bleeding during 2ww, no need to panic, just call clinic & follow advice.
  • In case of constipation, can take some prune juices along with daily intake of vegetables, fruits and lots of water. If no improvement, check with clinic/ doc for advice and before taking any OTC laxatives.
  • Laugh a lot!
"If you Think about size of the blessing coming, you would Embrace the magnitude of the battle you are now fighting."

If you really have to think about it, focus on at least the one reason it will work and forget all the reasons why you think it will not work.

*It is ok to have a bit of milk or tofu sometimes. We don't usually eat these excessively so it will be fine. The key is overall healthy balance diet, adequate hydration and rest so that our bodies function optimally.

All the best! Jia you!
Wow! The essence of IVF preparation is right here!

-----------
  • Have ample good rest.
  • Laugh a lot!

All the best! Jia you!
This is really helpful!! Thanks for sharing!

Hi bbhopeful77,
The general rule of thumb is to keep our womb warm prior to ET. Some will suggest putting heat/warm pads before ET. Drink red dates drink etc...

Brazil nuts take after ET as it contains loads of selenium which will help with implementation. I took durians too. These r all v heaty food !

As for red bean soup it all depends on your endometrium. My first FET where i had a bfp i did not drink any red bean soup but my last failed fet, i thought i had endo thickening issues and i drank a bowl of red bean soup on a daily basis when i started progynova and by my first scan, my endo was in optimal condition for transfer. Guess my endo thickened faster than expected.

Just eat in moderation incase of any "adverse effects".

Thanks Daylesford!

Can I ask if a cyst could hinder the success rate of pregnancy? Though the doctor said since it did not grow in size so it is not of any issue.

I did my ivf with a 3cm cyst (but it wasn't very active) in my right ovary and adeno on the left side of my uterus. I only managed to get one normally fertilised embryo but I got pregnant from it and have delivered 3 mths back. So don't despair. Be positive and it will happen OK! :)

Back