IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Hi ladies. I am on CD2 for first jab today. Like to ask is it normal to start with 100 units of Puregon. But I have seen on this thread some ladies started from only 50units. Worried I will be over stimu. The first jab is so scary. I can even feel the fluid going into my tummy during the injection. Maybe it me cos I very afraid of needle. It been 5 hr after the first jab and I still feel a bit sore at the injected area. Haiz... 4 more days to go before the first scan. Hopefully it will be easier after today. My hubby a bit paranoid. Ask me not to eat this not to eat that already. Ha!!

Ya the first jab is usually the hardest. But usually you will do the first jab in the presence of nurse?

Don't care about your husband and eat whatever you like and makes you feel better...

Hi ladies. I am on CD2 for first jab today. Like to ask is it normal to start with 100 units of Puregon. But I have seen on this thread some ladies started from only 50units. Worried I will be over stimu. The first jab is so scary. I can even feel the fluid going into my tummy during the injection. Maybe it me cos I very afraid of needle. It been 5 hr after the first jab and I still feel a bit sore at the injected area. Haiz... 4 more days to go before the first scan. Hopefully it will be easier after today. My hubby a bit paranoid. Ask me not to eat this not to eat that already. Ha!!
Hi JTH, for the dosage should be case by case. For me, start with 50unit then increase to 75unit. Just eat whatever you want, try to avoid cold food/drinks and raw ones, thats what I do la.

Dear all, how's your 2ww & results? I feels a little moody today due to the haze, as I have sensitive airways. Also cuz Thursday suddenly my boobs start to pain a little and my stomach feels crampy a little again! The symptoms goes away for nearly a week, then now comes back. Dunnoe what's going wrong, hoping it's not a bad sign.. 4 more days to my blood test. :(

Ya the first jab is usually the hardest. But usually you will do the first jab in the presence of nurse?

Don't care about your husband and eat whatever you like and makes you feel better...
Hi hi.... From the day I seen doc for review on HSG test and decided to go for SO IUI from there till I started. It only 7 days apart. A bit rush cos my AF happen to start on thursday noon (came early) so my husband and I rush down to do blood test. Yesterday nurse call me to go down for briefing, collect medicine and learn how to do the injection. Today is the start of my first injection (CD2) so I do it at home. Still a bit lost of what is expected cos happened too fast but I found very useful tips in this thread from all the nice ladies here. Just find that it strange for me to start with 100 unit. That sound a lot. Lol

As for my hubby, I will still eat what I want in his absence. Lol. He is very anxious about whole thing and I told him not to pin too much hope just in case we failed this first round.

Hi JTH, for the dosage should be case by case. For me, start with 50unit then increase to 75unit. Just eat whatever you want, try to avoid cold food/drinks and raw ones, thats what I do la.
Hi JieErSun, thanks for sharing. I love cold drinks but already cut down a lot since 1 mth ago. No shashimi for now. Argg.... My favorite.

I also started to drink longan and red dates. Oh, and egg too. So Kia Su right. Never been so self discipline in my life. Lol.

How's everyone feeling today? I'm 17dpiui today, 5 days late from my cycle. bb pain comes back and killing me~ tummy having af type crampy on and off Especially at night..tummy feels tight..having flu symptom, slight sore throat. 2ww is terrible, 3 more days to go....not putting high hope.. :(

Anyone know if our menses is not full menses can we start the procedure? I am having very light flow this cycle. Worried if next cycle light flow again then i might not be able to start the procedure.

Anyone know if our menses is not full menses can we start the procedure? I am having very light flow this cycle. Worried if next cycle light flow again then i might not be able to start the procedure.

I don't think it will be an issue. If it is there will be instructions given. You can check with the clinic/hospital.

How's everyone feeling today? I'm 17dpiui today, 5 days late from my cycle. bb pain comes back and killing me~ tummy having af type crampy on and off Especially at night..tummy feels tight..having flu symptom, slight sore throat. 2ww is terrible, 3 more days to go....not putting high hope.. :(

You're 5 days late and can tahan from POAS? If it's me I'll be spamming the test stick everyday :D

5 days late meaning there is hope. Don't give up yet... Maybe it preggy symptom. Jia you!

You're 5 days late and can tahan from POAS? If it's me I'll be spamming the test stick everyday :D
Hi Catinthesky, dun really can tahan...keep wanting to do the test, but dare not..scare of disappointment..then my dh ask me not to and wait for blood test better, once and for all..

Wow, your determination is very good :)

Hope to hear good news from you soon!
Yep, will post here no matter what news I get...not feeling well now, flu, sore throat, no appetite(but still try to eat)..a little headache, nausea...later after work going to the gp and get mc for tmr..haha. worried that izzit okay to take medication..hmm..

Yep, will post here no matter what news I get...not feeling well now, flu, sore throat, no appetite(but still try to eat)..a little headache, nausea...later after work going to the gp and get mc for tmr..haha. worried that izzit okay to take medication..hmm..

Ohhh better rest more. Stay indoors better.. now got haze and the damn zika! So worrying for all the pregnant ladies and people like us TTC-ing.

Tell the GP that you are TTC. But she will probably order a pregnancy test for u.....

Not sure what's wrong with my tummy, feels so uncomfortable and pain...as if like I done 100 times sit-up, my tummy muscle pain with pulling sensation..can't stand real straight.. :(

Not sure what's wrong with my tummy, feels so uncomfortable and pain...as if like I done 100 times sit-up, my tummy muscle pain with pulling sensation..can't stand real straight.. :(

Tell the GP that you are TTC. But she will probably order a pregnancy test for u.....
Just seen the doctor, nv do pregnancy test for me. Gave me medicine that are safe for pregnant women. Tummy muscle pain maybe due to accidentally pulled..given 2 days mc, need to rest cuz can't walk much.. :(

Just seen the doctor, nv do pregnancy test for me. Gave me medicine that are safe for pregnant women. Tummy muscle pain maybe due to accidentally pulled..given 2 days mc, need to rest cuz can't walk much.. :(

lol... The medicine will be quite weak... Will take very long to recover.... Anyway have a good rest until wed then!

hi all
Like to check usually whats the ideal size for the follicles before they trigger ?
If ovulation comes first and the size has not reach ideal size, will the hospital trigger?

hi all
Like to check usually whats the ideal size for the follicles before they trigger ?
If ovulation comes first and the size has not reach ideal size, will the hospital trigger?

Hi bbqueenie, if I recall correctly, mine was about 18 or 19 and triggered the next day.

lol... The medicine will be quite weak... Will take very long to recover.... Anyway have a good rest until wed then!
Thanks junie, nv took the medicine yet..dunnoe whether 100% safe or not. Having af type cramps now with backache..keep running to toilet to check and afraid that af will come..tmr will be blood test day! Feels stress now, as today last day of the pills...afraid that once stop taking, af will comes..hmm.. :(

Thanks junie, nv took the medicine yet..dunnoe whether 100% safe or not. Having af type cramps now with backache..keep running to toilet to check and afraid that af will come..tmr will be blood test day! Feels stress now, as today last day of the pills...afraid that once stop taking, af will comes..hmm.. :(

What pills are you taking? It affects af?

Don't be stress! Just try to distract yourself with other stuff.. read a nice book, watch drama... :)

What pills are you taking? It affects af?

Don't be stress! Just try to distract yourself with other stuff.. read a nice book, watch drama... :)
The duphaston pill lor, heard that it delays af...den once stop, not pregnant af will arrive soon...ya, thanks catinthesky...I trying to play games and watch movies on my tab to destress...haha.

This is my first so-IUI. Did blood test on Sat which is my15dpiui, Negative. Fail! Stopped all medication like progesterone... 4days has passed and AF hasn't report. May I know how many days to expect AF to appear after I stop the progesterone? Wanna quickly reset the button and hate to waste time any longer.

Anyone here subsidized at Kkh? How long they take to call you for counseling session tell u process and guide how to jab till start of first iui? Sperm transfer is via consultant or higher rank consultant like the tan Hh?

Anyone here subsidized at Kkh? How long they take to call you for counseling session tell u process and guide how to jab till start of first iui? Sperm transfer is via consultant or higher rank consultant like the tan Hh?

I forgot about the timing already. But sperm transfer aka the iui procedure is done by random doctors.

The duphaston pill lor, heard that it delays af...den once stop, not pregnant af will arrive soon...ya, thanks catinthesky...I trying to play games and watch movies on my tab to destress...haha.

I see... I'm with NUH and they never gave me that pill. In fact, I only took tamoxifen from CD2-6.. after that nothing else except vitamins and folic acid. Hmmmm maybe KKH standard is better.

Good luck for your test later! :)

Am on my first time IUI and the two week wait is going by really slowly - 7 more days to go before the test. Hoping someone could share a success IUI story here which would help boost my morale and others in the same shoes. Trying to stay positive but fear that being too hopeful will result in big disappointment.

A few of us have shared our successful story before, you can scroll to earlier pages.

Good luck to you! Keep an open mind to move on the next step or repeat IUI if fail... Then you won't be so disappointed... Hope it will be strike first time for u!

Did a scan today at CD12. Have a feeling I might failed this time round. Lining is 8.9 but the biggest size of my follicles is only at 13.5mm and 9mm :(
Already taken 2 eggs per day. Not sure what can I do to increase the sizes liao. Haiz.....

hi jiersun
Hospital informed u on the results immediately after blood test?

Does the ladies here have any symptoms after iui (in the first wk)?

hi jiersun

In the first week still have spotting and cramps... Can't really tell is it due to the iui procedure or pregnancy.

Usually blood test first thing in the morning, results out around 11 or 12 noon. Then can go down to collect medication and supplements...

hi jiersun

I had no symptoms after IUI but towards 8dpiui started mild cramping until 13dpiui my period came. It was considered unusual for me because I never have cramps before AF.

Hi all

I am going for my HSG scan at nuh today and am very scared. Can i check is it very painful any advice on how to minimise any pain like eating panadol before the procedure?

Hi all

I am going for my HSG scan at nuh today and am very scared. Can i check is it very painful any advice on how to minimise any pain like eating panadol before the procedure?
Hi, for me it was very painful. I didn't take med prior to it. Maybe you give a call to the clinic to check if it's safe to do so, what medications and timing prior to the procedure.

Hi all

Hi, I had my HSG done at Thomson about 2 years ago. I was very scared like you because heard it can be painful.

So I took painkillers about 45min before the HSG. If I recall correctly I took Neurofen.

The procedure kind of pain is like severe AF cramps feeling. It's not as painful as I thought, just uncomfortable as the cramps made me felt a bit like pooping (sorry TMI haha). Not sure if the painkillers helped but it's good that you take if you're afraid of pain.

My SIL went through HSG and said she didn't felt painful. I guess everyone's threshold of pain is different.

Don't worry, try to relax and not focus on thinking that it is painful. I know it's easier said then done but this is the procedure worth going through for our TTC journey! Jia you!

Back