2017 IVF mummies

HELLO..i' did my third round of IVF @NUH and tested on 8 Aug positive. But they din gimme my results on how much is my levels. Like @Truddy I'm going thru all the oral, vaginal and jabs.
Congrats! Xin ku le, 3 rounds! But it's all worth it in the end... Can call and ask one?

Congrats! Xin ku le, 3 rounds! But it's all worth it in the end... Can call and ask one?
Ys, actually planning to give up if this time fails. Kind of accept the way it is and enjoy freedom. Was very surprised and overwhelmed by the results and now still keep an open mind because miscarriages are not uncommon. I've been married for 7 years so all the tears and feelings a bit cold liao. Not as obsessed as before. I will ask when I go for my Jabs tomorrow.

Ys, actually planning to give up if this time fails. Kind of accept the way it is and enjoy freedom. Was very surprised and overwhelmed by the results and now still keep an open mind because miscarriages are not uncommon. I've been married for 7 years so all the tears and feelings a bit cold liao. Not as obsessed as before. I will ask when I go for my Jabs tomorrow.
Ya I'm also living each day in trepidation till wed which is my 6wk scan. Don't "feel" pregnant and won't rest easy till hear heartbeat...

So no worries u're not alone. Let's keep positive together. :)

Hey ladies! Me here me here!
Thanks Almondearie for this startup. I am sure this is a great support group for ladies whom BPF for 2017 babies! ❤
Beta 543.30
ET: singleton
Edd: 14th Mar
Finally reaching 10wks preggy in 1 days time! Pheww~ it was a roller coaster 10th week pregnancy for me because despite the suportive jabs & pills, i actually went through 1 huge heart attack. Thankfully, its over!

Btw.. Not very active here. But would be great if we can start a whatsapp group to help support each other?

I don't really have pregnant symptoms per say. My symptoms come on and off but feel like usual fare. Like today I keep yawning... But prob cos I haven't been sleeping well recently and abstaining from coffee.
Hey Almondearie, I am not suffering much from MS either. Except that raw food makes me feel like puking. And because i used to cook b4 am pregnant, I totally cant get my eyes on raw food now :(
And another change would be me loving spicy food previously has totally change now.
I do not take any gassy drinks for the rest of my life even im preggy with #1, now I couldnt resist coke. Haha!

BTW, the hospital will only take care of us through week 12 for the first trimester only. Have you guys found a gynae for second trimester yet? Anyone heard of Dr Heng from Parkway East? I'm thinking of her
Hi truddy, I was with Prof Pc Wong @ NUH and yes, they will only tc of us till 12wks for mine. I am going to see my gynae A/Prof Su Lin Lin @ NUH on 22nd Aug for first visit.

Hey ladies! Me here me here!
Thanks Almondearie for this startup. I am sure this is a great support group for ladies whom BPF for 2017 babies! ❤
Beta 543.30
ET: singleton
Edd: 14th Mar
Finally reaching 10wks preggy in 1 days time! Pheww~ it was a roller coaster 10th week pregnancy for me because despite the suportive jabs & pills, i actually went through 1 huge heart attack. Thankfully, its over!

Btw.. Not very active here. But would be great if we can start a whatsapp group to help support each other?
Welcome! Saw u in the ivf support thread before! I was wondering whether to broadcast this thread there but decided to just PM those who reported positive beta.

Ya it's a bit quiet cos we have v little participants. I'm good with starting a whatsapp chat group! My number is 97311481. If you girls are comfortable with letting me know your numbers, I can start adding you.

Kukuangelia, what's the big heart attack? Mind to share? I think now you're the furthest along le.

Hey Almondearie, I am not suffering much from MS either. Except that raw food makes me feel like puking. And because i used to cook b4 am pregnant, I totally cant get my eyes on raw food now :(
And another change would be me loving spicy food previously has totally change now.
I do not take any gassy drinks for the rest of my life even im preggy with #1, now I couldnt resist coke. Haha!
I'm starting to have this "empty" nauseating feeling before and after meals. Like super hungry, but after eating, cannot digest. But no puking. I hope I won't have MS but on condition the baby is developing fine. Some of the girls in my Apr EDD group chat says MS is due to hormones and I only hope I have enough to support the pregnancy.

Still love the food I love. No weird cravings, except prawn crackers yday. But unhealthy siah.

酸儿辣女。in case you don't understand Chinese, it means sour son, spicy daughter... Means if u love sour food, ur baby cld be a boy and so and so forth. Lol I've said this in the other group but they threw it out cos the 2nd and 3rd timer mummies did not have the right symptoms previously. Haha.

Welcome! Saw u in the ivf support thread before! I was wondering whether to broadcast this thread there but decided to just PM those who reported positive beta.

Ya it's a bit quiet cos we have v little participants. I'm good with starting a whatsapp chat group! My number is 97311481. If you girls are comfortable with letting me know your numbers, I can start adding you.

Kukuangelia, what's the big heart attack? Mind to share? I think now you're the furthest along le.
Hi dearie, i pm-ed you my number already.
Heart attack was... i encounter a gush of blood flow out suddenly. With no blood clot and no cramps. Went straight to A&E as my Dr wasnt on duty that day. Scanned my lil one and his/her heartbeat is flickering well. What a close shave my heart sank so deep down :( Thankfully, everything is over. Hehe!

So far at wk10, other then eating well. Im not experiencing pleasant journey with IVF BFP. Lolx
Hi truddy, I was with Prof Pc Wong @ NUH and yes, they will only tc of us till 12wks for mine. I am going to see my gynae A/Prof Su Lin Lin @ NUH on 22nd Aug for first visit.

I'm starting to have this "empty" nauseating feeling before and after meals. Like super hungry, but after eating, cannot digest. But no puking. I hope I won't have MS but on condition the baby is developing fine. Some of the girls in my Apr EDD group chat says MS is due to hormones and I only hope I have enough to support the pregnancy.

Still love the food I love. No weird cravings, except prawn crackers yday. But unhealthy siah.

酸儿辣女。in case you don't understand Chinese, it means sour son, spicy daughter... Means if u love sour food, ur baby cld be a boy and so and so forth. Lol I've said this in the other group but they threw it out cos the 2nd and 3rd timer mummies did not have the right symptoms previously. Haha.
Same excounter here recently. Couldnt digest my food well and goes hungry mostly 3hrs interval.

Hey, haha! I hope im pregnant with a boy. Lol!

Hi dearie, i pm-ed you my number already.
Heart attack was... i encounter a gush of blood flow out suddenly. With no blood clot and no cramps. Went straight to A&E as my Dr wasnt on duty that day. Scanned my lil one and his/her heartbeat is flickering well. What a close shave my heart sank so deep down :( Thankfully, everything is over. Hehe!

So far at wk10, other then eating well. Im not experiencing pleasant journey with IVF BFP. Lolx
Oh dear yes that's scary... It just ceased by itself? Did the doc explain why?

Good! My neighbour went thru whole pregnancy without any MS so it's possible! Enjoy!

Same excounter here recently. Couldnt digest my food well and goes hungry mostly 3hrs interval.

Hey, haha! I hope im pregnant with a boy. Lol!

me feeling nausea just before lunch. see food like no appetite but i am hungry.. this week is week5.. oh dear.. i pray hard it's not serious MS!! my number is 92299323, can add me in the whatsapp too!

Oh dear yes that's scary... It just ceased by itself? Did the doc explain why?

Good! My neighbour went thru whole pregnancy without any MS so it's possible! Enjoy!
Hi Dearie,
The gynae on duty @ A&E only tell me it is threatening abortion. The good thing is there is not blood clot or cramps. Okay, its over!

Yupx.. not having much of MS other then seeing raw food makes me feel nausea. Haha!

Angelia mind if i ask other than twice weekly proluton, what other supports are u on?
Hi Sunflower, you're on 2ww after ET right?
Dosage since BFP:
1. Utrogestan: 3pills/2 times/day decrease - 3pills/day than decrease to 2pills/day (Currently preggy at 10+4)
2.. Estrofem: 2pills/day decrease to 1pill/day (Stopped at wk8)
3. Crinone: 1stick/day
4. Prolutan: Twice weekly (Mon & Thurs)
5. Duphaston 3pills/day
6. Folic Acid 5mg 1pill/day

All the above info helps :)

Oh i m not on ivf thou i tried before. This time is natural but i used my ivf leftover supports. Wow ur supports very robust!

I hv crinone in the morning, cyclogest at night, duphaston 3x daily and weekly proluton

Thanks for sharing Angelia.

Oh i m not on ivf thou i tried before. This time is natural but i used my ivf leftover supports. Wow ur supports very robust!

I hv crinone in the morning, cyclogest at night, duphaston 3x daily and weekly proluton

Thanks for sharing Angelia.
Best of luck sweetie
I think you can try folic acid 5mg/day if you're TTC...
I started taking b4 IVF stims.

Hey everyone, hope to see more ivf patients BFATP here... ❤❤❤
Me me me! I'm reporting! HELLO ALMONDEARIE and KUKUANGELIA from the other IVF thread! I just did my BT today and BFP at 356 beta. Can't believe it's true and this feeling is so surreal.. I'm sure u ladies know how I feel!

I'm a little worried that my beta is so low.. Saw some of u in high hundreds and even in thousands wow. My med support also not as much.. Should I be worried?

Me me me! I'm reporting! HELLO ALMONDEARIE and KUKUANGELIA from the other IVF thread! I just did my BT today and BFP at 356 beta. Can't believe it's true and this feeling is so surreal.. I'm sure u ladies know how I feel!

I'm a little worried that my beta is so low.. Saw some of u in high hundreds and even in thousands wow. My med support also not as much.. Should I be worried?
Welcome finesse9702!! I remember you!! Congrats on your BFP!!! Wanna join us in the whatsapp chat group? You can PM me your number. :)

Wooohoooo~ welcome welcome
Not gonna congrats you yet due to superstitious belief.
Btw.. my HCG reading is only 543.3 slightly above you only and I'm already wk11 preggy. Yeahyeah~
Looks like your first scan will be around 1st week of Sept.
As for the supports, trust ur Dr. I think it depends on which hosp are u in. Alot of successful IVF mtb are with KKH here while im NUH. NUH tend to be more kiasu in supportive meds i think. So Im super kua zhang kind. Haha

Awww. Thanks for the warm welcome. everyone.. Exciting day but I'm also like u kukuangelia, trying to control my emotions as there is the next milestone of the 6 week scan. Can't help being worried until I see that 1st scan for myself.
I'm from Thomson Medical, thanks for the reassurance on the support meds.

Pinkiebb I'm 12dp transfer, and Almondearie.. I almost give u the raspberry tea leaves rmber? Haha.. Sure I'd love to join the chatgroup :)

Awww. Thanks for the warm welcome. everyone.. Exciting day but I'm also like u kukuangelia, trying to control my emotions as there is the next milestone of the 6 week scan. Can't help being worried until I see that 1st scan for myself.
I'm from Thomson Medical, thanks for the reassurance on the support meds.

Pinkiebb I'm 12dp transfer, and Almondearie.. I almost give u the raspberry tea leaves rmber? Haha.. Sure I'd love to join the chatgroup :)
Ya I rmb! I didn't know of the private message function in the SMH app yet. So happy you can join us!! :) Have been keeping watch on the other thread and PM-ing those who have BFP. So far PM one but no replies...

Good morning everyone. This is my first time posting on this forum, and am not sure if I'm doing it correctly. I will be starting IVF program tomorrow but don't quite understand the difference between long vs. short cycle. Appreciate if someone here could share the differences with me. Many thanks in advance.

Hi ladies, i am from kkh ivf and had just gotten my hcg result not long ago. Had also just been discharge from hospital due to moderate severe ohss.

Ladies, do u all have any symptoms? Eg, nausea, hungry and so on...
I can only feel bloated and abdominal pain due to ohss. Not sure if this is normal ...

Good morning everyone. This is my first time posting on this forum, and am not sure if I'm doing it correctly. I will be starting IVF program tomorrow but don't quite understand the difference between long vs. short cycle. Appreciate if someone here could share the differences with me. Many thanks in advance.
Hi Picasso, this is a relatively new thread, looks like most of us here do not have long protocol experience. What I've been through should be short protocol, where stimulating and transfer happen within the same cycle. If I'm not wrong, for long protocol, you have to inject yourself for 2 cycles (more jabs and longer time taken), then transfer in the 2nd cycle. But I'm not very sure, I think it's best you post this question in "IVF/ICSI Support" thread under Matters of the Heart section. There's way more forumers there so a way bigger pool of resources for you to get your answers from. :)

Hi ladies, i am from kkh ivf and had just gotten my hcg result not long ago. Had also just been discharge from hospital due to moderate severe ohss.

Ladies, do u all have any symptoms? Eg, nausea, hungry and so on...
I can only feel bloated and abdominal pain due to ohss. Not sure if this is normal ...
Hi, I didn't feel any nausea or hunger... Just rmb very bloated so I kept taking isotonic drinks... Helped me a lot. And I'm sure the doc prescribed med for your OHSS; must be diligent in taking those.

You will have lots more questions since you've embarked on this journey. Like Picasso, I would advise to post in the support thread. I've gained a lot of help from there during my own cycle...

All the best ya! :)

Hi Picasso, this is a relatively new thread, looks like most of us here do not have long protocol experience. What I've been through should be short protocol, where stimulating and transfer happen within the same cycle. If I'm not wrong, for long protocol, you have to inject yourself for 2 cycles (more jabs and longer time taken), then transfer in the 2nd cycle. But I'm not very sure, I think it's best you post this question in "IVF/ICSI Support" thread under Matters of the Heart section. There's way more forumers there so a way bigger pool of resources for you to get your answers from. :)

Thanks very much for your time Almondearie. Indeed I was just told by the nurse that these days, most patients would be given the short protocol, unless they have other medical conditions that would require long. At any rate, am nervous but glad that I don't have to go through the long one. Have a good weekend everyone :)

Thanks very much for your time Almondearie. Indeed I was just told by the nurse that these days, most patients would be given the short protocol, unless they have other medical conditions that would require long. At any rate, am nervous but glad that I don't have to go through the long one. Have a good weekend everyone :)
All the best to you! Hope you can join us here again soon with a new status :)

Hi, I didn't feel any nausea or hunger... Just rmb very bloated so I kept taking isotonic drinks... Helped me a lot. And I'm sure the doc prescribed med for your OHSS; must be diligent in taking those.

You will have lots more questions since you've embarked on this journey. Like Picasso, I would advise to post in the support thread. I've gained a lot of help from there during my own cycle...

All the best ya! :)

Hihi, I was prescribed the medicine after ET but after I got BFP, they dun prescribed that anymore.

Btw ladies, when did your Morning sickness start? Till date, I dun feel anything except bloatness n pain...

Please take care all ladies, there are zika cases now in sg!

Hihi, I was prescribed the medicine after ET but after I got BFP, they dun prescribed that anymore.

Btw ladies, when did your Morning sickness start? Till date, I dun feel anything except bloatness n pain...

Please take care all ladies, there are zika cases now in sg!
Congrats on your BFP! We have a whatsapp chat if you'd like to join us, just PM me ur number.

How far along are you already? I started having MS in week 6. It's usually between wk 6 to 8.

Hey ladies... im reporting with BFP on 11dp6dt beta 706.
I had natural FET and transferred 2 x hatched blastocyst.
Hi shimmeryshine, congrats! So you did a hpt before your BT? If you'd like to join us on the whatsapp group chat, feel free to PM me your number k! :)

Ya it's my first fresh cycle. First try. I have a blocked tube and my hb has a health condition which he is undergoing clinical study for right now (new medication) so we can't try naturally. Doc didn't think IUI was going to work for me so he recommended IVF straightaway. Also cos of my age (I'm 34); he was v explicit about it *rolls eyes*.

I felt the odds were against me cos I have funny menses pattern (spot for 5 to 6 days before AND after full flow, which is also only 1 to 2 days). My hb had to freeze sperms before his clinical study started. So no fresh sperms. Hence I was mentally prepared to have to go thru a few cycles. So really, when my beta was out, it felt like I struck toto.

I have mild and sharp cramps once to twice a day, lasting for a few seconds. Was worried but I guess the hospital also can do nothing for me, since I'm not spotting. I started getting up at night to urinate also but not often la, mostly just once. Boobs are slightly swollen at times but not really sore. My other more obvious symptom is this clear white discharge but I'm not sure if it was becos of the suppositories...

My discharge became yellowish past couple of days, another worry sigh. But I used to have it from time to time when I'm too heaty or stressed before preggie. Will monitor and let the doc know if it doesn't get better with drinking more water.

Hope this thread can be a good support for you! If you need some advice, perhaps you can drop by the IVF/ICSI Support thread in Matters of the Heart. There are a couple of preggies in the advanced stages of their pregnancies who have been very helpful in dishing out advice and support! :)
Congrats !!! U've come a Long way .. May ur journey to motherhood be a happy , safe and trouble free one .
Wish you a safe and speedy delivery when the time comes .
Also Wish ur Husband speedy recovery . ❤️

Hi!!! I'm out of forum for few yrs depressing and finally having some good news but yet struggling.

Can anyone share with me if its normal? And any advise?

wednesday, I have been having spotting. Had my 2ww over n on Friday got blood test finally after 10years waiting its BFP. But till today, my spotting didn't go away. A bit worried Been nausea n vomitting but today the symptoms gone. But headache came. Lost to Wat to do.... Any one can help? Thanks!!!

Hi!!! I'm out of forum for few yrs depressing and finally having some good news but yet struggling.

Can anyone share with me if its normal? And any advise?

wednesday, I have been having spotting. Had my 2ww over n on Friday got blood test finally after 10years waiting its BFP. But till today, my spotting didn't go away. A bit worried Been nausea n vomitting but today the symptoms gone. But headache came. Lost to Wat to do.... Any one can help? Thanks!!!

Hi.. Have u seen a doctor abt it? Does ur spotting comes with cramping?

Hi.. Have u seen a doctor abt it? Does ur spotting comes with cramping?
Hi! Haven't seen the doctor, my appt is on 14/9 for scan. No cramp, just spotting. I read a lot online seems very normal for ivf baby. Just worried haha! Lost to Wat to do. Later if I go a&e they can't diagnose why Previously 2ww I'm down with fever , vomit , dehydration till enter a&e just drip was given.

Hi! Haven't seen the doctor, my appt is on 14/9 for scan. No cramp, just spotting. I read a lot online seems very normal for ivf baby. Just worried haha! Lost to Wat to do. Later if I go a&e they can't diagnose why Previously 2ww I'm down with fever , vomit , dehydration till enter a&e just drip was given.

14/9 is too long to wait. Trust ur body. If u think somethg is wrong u shd go n see doc. Meantime eat healthy. Plenty green leafy veg and fruits. Drink plenty of water. Rest!

14/9 is too long to wait. Trust ur body. If u think somethg is wrong u shd go n see doc. Meantime eat healthy. Plenty green leafy veg and fruits. Drink plenty of water. Rest!
Went to a&e in the morning cos I'm having red blood which look like menses. They can only check HCG Lvl is good, but till now, I'm still bleeding

Back