Good Gynae with short waiting time at the clinic?

Rose Kowald

Can anyone please comment on the waiting time for your gynaecologists? We used to go to Dr Loh Seong Feei and while we like him a lot, but we are not going back to him because the clinic has such bad administrative staff and system (if any).

The waiting time averages 2 hours even with set appointments. The nurses keep blaming it on people coming in on emergency, therefore we have to wait longer, but seriously in this day and age, can't they SMS or email us the day before to tell us to come 1 or 2 hours later? What's the purpose of even setting an appointment time? It is pretty obvious their administrative system is bad because they don't put notes beside your name and appointment in your system, therefore you have to tell them again what your problem is when you get to the clinic. How do I know? Read on.

I was bleeding on Thursday but was on business travel, so I sent an email to them to set up an appointment for the Saturday for a checkup. The nurse expediently called to ask me to come in the same day but of course I can't. I subsequently was checked into an ER in Manila and found out I miscarried. That Saturday, I arrived at Dr Loh's clinic and gave my name and FIN and the nurse asked if I am pregnant and I said "no I miscarried". She then apologised profusely. No problem. I then had to wait almost 4 hours before the doctor can see me. When I was in his office another nurse looked at my medical report which had the words "threatened abortion" in it (for forced miscarriage) and said "oh so you're here to do an abortion". I felt like slapping her in the face for trying to be a wise ass when she isn't qualified. I then explained to her that I miscarried and I am bleeding. She then said "Oh why didn't you tell us sooner! We can put you on emergency and you can come in first!". Again I wonder why I didn't just slap her in the face. If they kept a note on me in their appointment book they'd know. If the nurse at the reception had asked "are you bleeding" when I told her I miscarried they'd know. And now it's my fault for not telling them sooner? I don't know why the 4 nurses are so inefficient and don't talk to each other nor bother to keep notes about the patients. I like Dr Loh but I have had enough of the mushrooms manning his clinic. Not everyone have the luxury of waiting 2 to 4 hours to see him. I do have to work.

Does anyone have a good gynae with efficient nurses where appointments mean something to them? Please send me suggestions. Thank you.

I used to see Dr Loh as well, his waiting time is horrendous and only get to see him for 5mins. It can be real frustrating at times. I think the ladies there are just assistants, not even registered nurses.

Now I'm seeing Dr Lee Seong Tuck. His clinic is in Tampines, used to be at Glenagles but he closed that down. I like that he is very detailed, doesn't rush through his appointments and takes time to explain things. He remembers my condition and it's like a personalized doctor-patient relationship. I have seen 2 other gynaes at TMC and I feel like I'm just a case file to them.

Dr Lee has one nurse and she's v efficient. I usually get to see the doctor at the appointment time or at most half and hour wait.

Can anyone please comment on the waiting time for your gynaecologists? We used to go to Dr Loh Seong Feei and while we like him a lot, but we are not going back to him because the clinic has such bad administrative staff and system (if any).

The waiting time averages 2 hours even with set appointments. The nurses keep blaming it on people coming in on emergency, therefore we have to wait longer, but seriously in this day and age, can't they SMS or email us the day before to tell us to come 1 or 2 hours later? What's the purpose of even setting an appointment time? It is pretty obvious their administrative system is bad because they don't put notes beside your name and appointment in your system, therefore you have to tell them again what your problem is when you get to the clinic. How do I know? Read on.

I was bleeding on Thursday but was on business travel, so I sent an email to them to set up an appointment for the Saturday for a checkup. The nurse expediently called to ask me to come in the same day but of course I can't. I subsequently was checked into an ER in Manila and found out I miscarried. That Saturday, I arrived at Dr Loh's clinic and gave my name and FIN and the nurse asked if I am pregnant and I said "no I miscarried". She then apologised profusely. No problem. I then had to wait almost 4 hours before the doctor can see me. When I was in his office another nurse looked at my medical report which had the words "threatened abortion" in it (for forced miscarriage) and said "oh so you're here to do an abortion". I felt like slapping her in the face for trying to be a wise ass when she isn't qualified. I then explained to her that I miscarried and I am bleeding. She then said "Oh why didn't you tell us sooner! We can put you on emergency and you can come in first!". Again I wonder why I didn't just slap her in the face. If they kept a note on me in their appointment book they'd know. If the nurse at the reception had asked "are you bleeding" when I told her I miscarried they'd know. And now it's my fault for not telling them sooner? I don't know why the 4 nurses are so inefficient and don't talk to each other nor bother to keep notes about the patients. I like Dr Loh but I have had enough of the mushrooms manning his clinic. Not everyone have the luxury of waiting 2 to 4 hours to see him. I do have to work.

Does anyone have a good gynae with efficient nurses where appointments mean something to them? Please send me suggestions. Thank you.

Hello, typically the more famous gynac will all have long waiting time. Gynac field is interesting beco they could be attending to a patient in the clinic this moment and the next moment, they are summon to the operating theatre to do an Emergency C-section for one of his/her patient. Such adhoc occurance actually occur on a very frequent and regular basis. The more famous or popular the gynac, they tends to have have more patient, the more patient that they will have more of such adhoc last minute stuff to attend too. I seriously doubt there is 2 way about it.

On a separate note, when you bleed, the 1st thing to do should not be call clinic to bring forward your appt, the correct response should be to drop everything and immediately proceed to your preferred hospital for a check up. There are alsways more then 1 best gynac in the world, any qualifed gynac even if it is a freshly graduate gynac is still better then delaying seeking treatment.

All the best. Jia you.

I used to see Dr Loh as well, his waiting time is horrendous and only get to see him for 5mins. It can be real frustrating at times. I think the ladies there are just assistants, not even registered nurses.

Now I'm seeing Dr Lee Seong Tuck. His clinic is in Tampines, used to be at Glenagles but he closed that down. I like that he is very detailed, doesn't rush through his appointments and takes time to explain things. He remembers my condition and it's like a personalized doctor-patient relationship. I have seen 2 other gynaes at TMC and I feel like I'm just a case file to them.

Dr Lee has one nurse and she's v efficient. I usually get to see the doctor at the appointment time or at most half and hour wait.
Where is Dr Loh clinic?

I totally agree wz aaa 11... V need to know what is emergency and normal check up. It's matter of both lives do not take the risk...

Hi Rose Kowald

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I hope that you are recovering well. I used to see Dr Chee Jing Jye. Her waiting time is very reasonable, usually within 10-15 minutes. On the few occasions where she had to attend to an emergency, her nurse would call ahead to reschedule my appointment. Her charges are a little on the higher side though. You can find her at http://togc.sg/

Take care.

I agree with @aaa111 , when you are bleeding, go to Emergency department immediately but not wait at the clinic. mainly because of the facilities. ED are more equipped with all the emergency equipments and medication. Take note.

If the pregnancy is still in the very early stages, there is nothing much that anyone can do to save the pregnancy.

If the pregnancy is still in the very early stages, there is nothing much that anyone can do to save the pregnancy.

Hello mummy, you could be correct beco i am not from the medical profession. Personally, i think i will feel better if i rush to the hospital and have a doctor tell me that everyone have already tried our best and because it is at very early stages of pregancy, therefore nothing much can be done. End result i know is the same, but personally i think i will feel much better this way. A bit like what William Hung said yearssss ago."I have tried my best and i have no regrets"

Cheers

Hello everyone,

In order to stop additional responses to this post related to a question I did not ask - let me clarify that:

1) bleeding within the 1st trimester - there isn't anything you can do to save the pregnancy. If there is no pain, you can even let the pregnancy terminate itself naturally. This isn't a matter of life and death.
2) I did check into an ER on the Thursday in Manila despite not being in pain. I called to schedule an appointment with Dr Loh back in Singapore that Saturday for follow up on whether a D&C is needed or I can flush it naturally.

My question wasn't about what to do when you bleed. My question was stated at the start of the post and at the end. Please read carefully.

Thank you Babylovely and y0ng0ng for providing the correct answer to the question.

Hello everyone,

In order to stop additional responses to this post related to a question I did not ask - let me clarify that:

1) bleeding within the 1st trimester - there isn't anything you can do to save the pregnancy. If there is no pain, you can even let the pregnancy terminate itself naturally. This isn't a matter of life and death.
2) I did check into an ER on the Thursday in Manila despite not being in pain. I called to schedule an appointment with Dr Loh back in Singapore that Saturday for follow up on whether a D&C is needed or I can flush it naturally.

My question wasn't about what to do when you bleed. My question was stated at the start of the post and at the end. Please read carefully.

Thank you Babylovely and y0ng0ng for providing the correct answer to the question.

I am glad you found the answer you wanted and believe that it is correct. This is most important

Everything will eventually work out nicely for you & your family. All the best. Cheers

So sorry for your lost... agreed to the point that poor administrative system...ii think other hospitals as well.. you need to wait minimum 2 hours even though you already have an appointment.. :( I had my lower abdominal pain seriously (Wks 20+) on Saturday and call the hospital that I'd like to see my Gynae ..but the clinic staff said my Gynae wasn't there on that day... she was in other clinic...I asked I can go there..but she told me that I can't go/transfer (not giving me a reason clearly ).. and advise me just go to the emergency...Thanks god, the doctors at emergency are very caring ones and gave me the proper treatment..

Hi, maybe you can try my gynae at Mount E Orchard Hospital. Dr Dolly Wee clinic. So far i've been there 3 times and usually didnt have to wait more than 10 mins. hope this helps!

Hi may i know how much is Dr Lee delivery fee?

:) I was with Dr Wong HF whose clinic is at Tampines. He's with TMC and prefer to deliver there too.

Honestly I did not do any research on him prior to my appointment. My initial thought is that his clinic is near to my home so it will be more convenient for the subsequent checkups.

Very friendly gynae and he's pro natural so unless you request for C-sec or emergency c-sec, he will encourage you to go for natural. His stitching skills is good, because I don't feel much pain the next day and I can pee and poo poo without much discomfort. He is also very reassuring. Once his nurse called and inform me that I need to go down to clinic for ad-hoc appointment for my OSCAR review. I was so worried that I couldn't sleep well that my husband called him to ask about it (he gave his hand phone to all his patient). He assured us that it's nothing serious if not he would have insisted us to go down immediately.

The nurses at his clinic is also very approachable. While his waiting time can varies, usually with appointment, you will be done within half an hour or so.

Thank you for the recommendation! It seems the good gynae with short waiting time are around Tampines area. I am moving to Novena and was thinking this'd help me as it is close to TMC but doesn't look like it. I wonder if anyone knows of a good gynae around Novena area with reasonable waiting time?

Thank you for the recommendation! It seems the good gynae with short waiting time are around Tampines area. I am moving to Novena and was thinking this'd help me as it is close to TMC but doesn't look like it. I wonder if anyone knows of a good gynae around Novena area with reasonable waiting time?
Hi Rose,

I'll strongly recommend Dr Jonathan Wee from IJC located at Mt E Novena. I hate to waste time waiting, and with Dr Jon, the longest I'd to wait was 30mins and that's coz I was late. Usually, waiting time is 10-15mins, pretty good I'd say compared to most gynae. Main reason is that they totally don't take walk in except for emergency. So, this makes a difference to the patients who've made appointments.

@babylovely Hi, may I know which hospital does Dr Lee deliver at? Thanks for the recommendation!

@Rose Kowald So sorry to hear about your loss. It must have been so difficult to be overseas and having to go through that. I had a miscarriage before and now I'm ttc. So I'm looking for a Gynae who is efficient at the same time not too busy too. I realise how important it is to find a reliable Gynae. having went through that emergency bleeding and all. I got myself admitted at KKH at that time, as I didn't know any other 24hour option available and they randomly placed me under a Gynae whom I didn't even get to see or talk to throughout the four days stay at the hospital till the hormone results is out to confirm that I needed d&c. I only met the Gynae for a brief 5mins before I go under GA. all other information was passed to me through assistants and Nurses. Guess I shall go private for my next pregnancy.

Hi Elena, sorry to hear abt ur mc. Dr Lee delivers at parkway group of hospitals. Gleneagles, mt E, eastshore. I had a mc too for the first preg. And second preg was v difficult with big bleeding episodes. It was Dr Lee who really helped me with close monitoring for the 9 months. My baby is now 5 months old. All the best to you!

Hi @Elenachua . I am sorry to hear that. Please don't stop trying. I am happy to announce that I am now 16 weeks pregnancy and due in May.
I took @yc_mw 's (THANK YOU!!) suggestion and tried Dr Jonathan Wee at Mt Elizabeth, which is a short walk from where I stay. My husband and I love the efficiency and professionalism of his clinic. Dr Jonathan is very attentive and caring and we never have to wait for him. He will give you his number and a 24 hour manned help line in case he is with another patient. One time I asked to see him without an appointment and the staff made it happen. I only had to wait for about 15 to 20 minutes which was nothing considering I was there to give blood anyway. So far we are very happy with the service provided. Dr Jonathan listens well and both him and his staff will do their best to accommodate your every needs. I would definitely recommend him.

@Rose Kowald So happy for you!!!! Wish you a smooth pregnancy and healthy baby!

I'm still trying and not giving up! Now it's the Two weeks wait again. Haha... baby dust to all!

Back