New York Skin Solution / London Weight Mgmt

Totally agreed!! They will hard sell n u nt gonna leave e Plc without forking out $$$ fr ur pocket.

i hearf very very bad reviews about new york skin sol. my friend went there to sign the package . afterwhich it did not improve yet it worsen
sad.gif

i went NYSS last dec for their trial facial, $18.. they do hard sell me and i insisted not taking up any package. personally i dont like the environment. its open concept. i prefer those in the room type..

Just to share,

I'm already one of their client (whom stupidly signed up 20sessions of facial).
Yes, agreed that they really hard sell and not very satisfy with their service.

She claimed to be personalised but its been my 07th visit and she only attended to me 4 times.

Each time during my visit it lasts 1.30hr to 1.45hr, why, because first mask they put on for me took around 15 min and the second mask is even longer. And I also doesn't the open room concept.

Helped, I've wasted about 3K (credit card instalment) and I wished I could withdrawl..

Actually there are better ways and cheaper ways to shape up or maintain/improve our skin condition. Best is fixed price...dun need to keep topping up!

Hi,
Pls pm me for discussions. I am now on a non-oral product that helps to rebuild,reshape body as well as for health benefits.it is a product you need to give yourself a chance to try on...no obligation to buy after trying to wear. It is the only non-oral product i have found that allow me to test fit it sample outfit and product.

a few weeks before, there was a booth in jurong point which is promoting NYSS, the sale person put in so much good words that, it's affordable for 2 trials @ $30. The sale person also state that unlike other salons, they will not hard-sell products to customers. Thus, i bought a voucher for the experience.

what came next was a disaster. i was told that i will have a 2h30mins facial treatment. however, for the whole hour, i was in a room, listening to the consultant of how serious my complexion can get, and showing me all those GOOD testimonials from those with super bad acne problem. while she was showing me those pictures, i was thinking like " i am not even sure they didnt put on makeup or other things." through out the "treatment" of asking me to sign up the package, she even encourage me to use credit card to pay first. was so damn annoyed when i told them i m not working at all.

anyway, after an hour of persuading me, i gave in, because firstly, if this will benefit me, why not give it a try. and secondly, i was in a hurry. i wanted them to start immediately.

i remember very clearly the steps of the treatment because, i had learn it before. i got a certificate but i did not tell them. the whole facial treatment lasted less than 2 hours, maybe around 1 hour 20 mins? and most of the time, i was lying there with a mask on. half way through the facial treatment, she showed me the differences between my left and right side of the face, which one has got the massage and whatever product on it, while the other side is only been cleansed. she insisted that there is a GREAT difference, but seriously speaking, i cant tell the difference. my complexion was not problematic with acne or large pores, my only concern is i have very sensitive skin.

the very next day of the treatment, i notice slight rashes, but i thought i would give it a few days to settle. because i know they will tell me it's normal to have "breakout" after the facial treatment. within the next 5 days, i went down to seek for a refund as my rashes WORSEN!! once again, the consultant told me it's a breakout after the extraction. =.= i rmb so clearly that the only place she extract is the noise and a pimple which seldom occur on the lip area. because it was really painful. how could i not know the feeling of extraction?

they even asked how sure i am that is their products which cause me this reaction, i rebutted back that i wanted to go down to see a doctor or National Skin Centre but it was the consultant who ask me to go directly to NYSS first. i then notice that's a 5 day cooling off period stated in their policy. it was exactly on the 5th day which i went down. and the manager told me it's over the cooling off period. once again, i rebutted that i wanted to go down on the 4th day but the consultant is not working and ask me to go down the next day instead.

i told the manager if not for the hard-sell, i would not even sign up for this package at all. the manager then says that they DID NOT use GUNS OR KNIFES at me to force me to sign the package, how is this even hard sell? moreover, to get the refund, i have to sign the terms and conditions which state that they will not be liable for any damages of the treatment and i shall not say a word to tarnish their reputation. obviously, i got NO OTHER CHOICE but to sign in order to get the refund. i kind of know that this contract will not be valid, simply because it's unfair to the one of the party.

this is my personal experience of NYSS. whatever i said are of truth and fairness. i did not add in anything which is fake to tarnish their reputation or whatsoever.

seriously, with this kind of lousy service, i will never go back there anymore. i heard that london weight management and yun nam are of the same company, which focus on hard selling. anyway,i have went to the doctor about the rashes and he had confirm that i am having an allergy reaction. i m still on medication due to their so called ONE TIME EFFECTIVE facial treatment.

i am still waiting for their refund back to me after calling them several times without any news.
just blame myself on my suayness for the rashes. all i want is the refund now. i am not even asking them for my medical bills.

i have already checked with CASE that i am able to lodge a complaint about this incident. CASE advise me to go down to them with all the documents which i signed. thus, i called up NYSS to ask for all the documents including the document to get the refund.

my consultant kinda refuse to give me and tell me that if i report to CASE, my refund will be void. seriously, if reporting to CASE can bring in awareness for ladies which are been hard-sell by them (thou not by GUNS AND KNIFES pointing at you), i dont mind losing that money. i am just very disappointed with their services and attitude, and thus, demanding for the refund. might as well donate to charity rather than to them.

Me too have bad experience with NYSS (@ Jurong Point). Purchased a trial package which stated that I will receive a one-time effective facial wash and a set of their skin care product. Same, I was brought into a consultation room and the consultant “analysed” my face. That B* insisted me to sign up a $3k plus package and I told her that I didn’t bring any cash or credit card with me. I insisted that I just want to do the trial and if the result were good I will purchase the package. And you know what, she just don’t give up. She wanted me to add another $200 plus to the trial facial wash. I was inside the room with that B* for about an hour and when I told her no.. I just want to do the trial which I purchased, her face was black like shit.. said that the one I purchased was just a normal facial wash and will not see any effect. In the end, I gave up. I told her that I want to go to the toilet (which is outside NYSS centre). She let me off and told me that I must go back to the centre after my “toilet time”. Of course I said okay to her, but I didn’t go back.
That B* called me up after 10mins and I told her that i don’t want to do the wash already and she said that I am very irresponsible!! She even dare ask me go back to the centre to pay for the so-call consultation fee! I was like huh?? Wtf..
So guys.. beware of NYSS!! Don't let their cheap trial cheat you.

NYSS they are hard selling. Once you sign their package the 4th or 5th treatment they will kept asking you to sign on to tge next package....

I personally would prefer small salon manage by own self or home based so that you know each session of treatment is done by the same therapist. Would be willing to go back again because I like the therapist massage skill. Why pay to get myself mentally tortured. I have been going to home based massage and facial for years with the same lady although their charges are market rate. Really don't trust those promotional price as cheap as $18. Have tried a few times and was totally pissed off. Didn't do a good extraction and on mask seems to be such a long long time. When doing body massage, it is very light stroke so called relaxing and the therapist could just stop and walk off for a few minutes without excusing themselves. Talking about all this made me feel I'm a idiot.:confused:

Quite curious to know if you are hired by their competitors no offense, cos I never patronize them, but saw so much thread on this by the same 1-2 people for the last few months in forums.

Quite curious to know if you are hired by their competitors no offense, cos I never patronize them, but saw so much thread on this by the same 1-2 people for the last few months in forums.
No la. I sign the package b4. Unhappy experience. The sales consultant keep sell this sell that.

Last edited:
Well, I nearly fell into their trap last year, until I checked with a few of my friends. Eventually when they (london weight management) called me to promote a product, I just told them that I was in the early stage of pregnancy (I was at that time though it ended up with a blighted ovum empty sac); and they hanged up immediately before saying I could consult them for their services again after I delivered my baby.

Hello, just want to know of any of you had a successful cancellation of any of the packages you availed? Bec I wanted to cancel mine and they refused. So just want to know how you guys did it. Any info us much appreciated. Thanks

Email [email protected] and voice out ur complaint. That's what I did and afterwards the outlet called me. I did not stop emailing them and letting them know abt how slow the outlet was in resolving my case. Last week, I went to the outlet to sign the papers for cancellation and told them to expedite the processing. I lost 20% of the unused balance though. since u already asked them to cancel it the following day after u purchased, I guess u can get full refund, just make sure to mention that, coz they have what they call 5 days cooling off period. Check the back of your receipt, it should be there.

Email [email protected] and voice out ur complaint. That's what I did and afterwards the outlet called me. I did not stop emailing them and letting them know abt how slow the outlet was in resolving my case. Last week, I went to the outlet to sign the papers for cancellation and told them to expedite the processing. I lost 20% of the unused balance though. since u already asked them to cancel it the following day after u purchased, I guess u can get full refund, just make sure to mention that, coz they have what they call 5 days cooling off period. Check the back of your receipt, it should be there.

I have requested for a refund within 5 days of cooling off period, will that mean i will most probably get the full refund? And how soon is the refund?

hi, I should have read this forum earlier. I had just signed off a huge amount for their package after succumbing to their 'keep me in the room', 'several consultants came to speak with me' and 'discount after discount' tactics. I have written in to the HQ to seek redress and refund. Within 5 days too. Any further advice anyone?
Sidenote: my husband is very angry with me over this...

I signed a package with them many years ago also, and before I signed the package I did highlighted to the consultant that my eczema will flare up whenever I sweat or feeling hot, she claimed that their ampoules or what will never let that happen. Unfortunately, after few times of treatments my eczema really flared up and she then wants me to add on money for another type of ampoules, and silly me really paid for it.

At the end, I gave up half way through the program caused they asked me to change to another treatments but need topping up of money....

I'm facing similar encounter too..
easily get convinced by them and signed up 20sessions..
it started several years back and I didn't really attend regularly due to my hectic work schedule.
Recently I decided to finished up my remaining 5 sessions and to my dismay the outlet I used to visit had closed down (plaza singapura) so I request to transfer to another outlet at Nex Serangoon.

I went for the appointment in December and true enough they don't really want to let me off, keep persuading me to sign 5 more session. I insist no and 'bo bien' they let me off. By right I have another appointment tomorrow, but to my surprise, they back end transfer me to another outlet at Jurong Point. I only get to know when Jurong Point staff called me. and my tomorrow appointment was cancelled.

So this is how they treat us if we didn't continue using them...

and their so call facial is so deceiving.. seated for almost 1.5hr with 3 different mask.. instead feeling refreshing, I feel even more tired.

damn..

Don't know how they can exist for so many years, and wonder who really benefited from their treatments. This is the worst experience I ever encountered for slimming/beauty centre. I resort to self-help rather than spending money with any of the slimming/beauty centre anymore.

hi, I should have read this forum earlier. I had just signed off a huge amount for their package after succumbing to their 'keep me in the room', 'several consultants came to speak with me' and 'discount after discount' tactics. I have written in to the HQ to seek redress and refund. Within 5 days too. Any further advice anyone?
[email protected]

go to singapore case or small claim tribunal

it started several years back and I didn't really attend regularly due to my hectic work schedule.
Recently I decided to finished up my remaining 5 sessions and to my dismay the outlet I used to visit had closed down (plaza singapura) so I request to transfer to another outlet at Nex Serangoon.

I went for the appointment in December and true enough they don't really want to let me off, keep persuading me to sign 5 more session. I insist no and 'bo bien' they let me off. By right I have another appointment tomorrow, but to my surprise, they back end transfer me to another outlet at Jurong Point. I only get to know when Jurong Point staff called me. and my tomorrow appointment was cancelled.

and their so call facial is so deceiving.. seated for almost 1.5hr with 3 different mask.. instead feeling refreshing, I feel even more tired.

damn..
i transfer from west gate to plaza sigpura to ngee ann city.

west gate consultaNT MISS MANDY BAD ATTITUDE AND BAD SERVICE

[email protected]
go to singapore case or small claim tribunal or post in stomp

go to case or small claim tribubal

Oic how the case?

i think they have sales quota to hit so if they managed to get u signed up they forgot about their after sales service.
There are many other ways to maintain or improve our skin or health conditions. Supplement is one of them.
You may pm me to know.

They are mad expensive and it's not effective at all. For me, after I gave birth to my child, I had a serious breakout due to the pressure. Skin was really bad and I don't know what to do. My friend then introduce me to The Best Beauty Centre (TBBC). They did an analysis for me and I go for regularly facial with them. Just a short time frame of 6 months, my skin clear up! I even signed up eyebrow and eyeliner embroidery with them!!

They are mad expensive and it's not effective at all. For me, after I gave birth to my child, I had a serious breakout due to the pressure. Skin was really bad and I don't know what to do. My friend then introduce me to The Best Beauty Centre (TBBC). They did an analysis for me and I go for regularly facial with them. Just a short time frame of 6 months, my skin clear up! I even signed up eyebrow and eyeliner embroidery with them!!
really

you sign up with them?

damn..
go complain to media !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

must complain gaO GAO

Yes you can get full refund if you come up with valid medical allergies.

I sign up for the $18 trial facial treatment online. Miss Mandy who working in Westgate outlet called me and book the appointment for me.miss mandy sell me a facial package in the room for about 1.5 hours. At the first facial treatment the service is very good. At the 2nd facial treatment miss Mandy want to sell me a new facial package however I rejected her. After that she anyhow do the facial treatment for me. The facial treatment time was shorter from 2 hrs to 30 minutes. I called the nyss hq and request to transfer outlet to do my reaming facial treatment at other outlet. Miss Mandy show me a black face and she was very unhappy when I sign the paper work for transfer of outlet to do the reaming facial treatment at other outlet . Miss Yuki my new beauty consultant. Miss Vivian Choo offer me 3 in 1 facial cleaning as a free gift for compensation. Miss Yuki pass me the 3 in 1 facial cleaning very unhappy. Miss Yuki told me transfer back to Westgate to settle the problem with miss Mandy . She told me not I want transfer can transfer. I am the customer I have the right. I almost want to call media .she quarrel with me. Ms Yuki resign from the company. I waste one facial treatment because of miss mandy. My new consultant ms Anna. The service not bad.she always want to sell me a new facial package and I always reject her. She always say nyss give me special price and special promotion i do not believe her. I remember one time she change my appointment date. Maybe she give my appointment slot to new customer who have just sign up. How profession she is. I remember one time she say my skin condition is very bad and need special facial treatment package. I do not believe her. She just want to earn money and hit sales target. During the last facial treatment Anna told me sg 50 promotion $3000 for 30 times facial treatment. She say hq give me special promotion. I do not believe her. This is my experience with New York skin solutions. one beauty consultant serve few cutomers at the same times. you can hear the counter customer service staff always remind beauty consultant customers at which room number. this is my bad experience with new york skin solutions.

Just to share,

I'm already one of their client (whom stupidly signed up 20sessions of facial).
Yes, agreed that they really hard sell and not very satisfy with their service.

She claimed to be personalised but its been my 07th visit and she only attended to me 4 times.

Each time during my visit it lasts 1.30hr to 1.45hr, why, because first mask they put on for me took around 15 min and the second mask is even longer. And I also doesn't the open room concept.

Helped, I've wasted about 3K (credit card instalment) and I wished I could withdrawl..

Same. I signed a package after the trial was good. But that's it. I don't see an improvement going so regularly. Breakouts are still there. I agree with the thoughts from another post that "my face got more and more sensitive to the extraction." and it feels like "Wow. It’s my fault now that I’m not getting better?" too.

I didn't find the free and customised products effective for the price they cost. These products "given" will cost their original prices, plus 20% cancellation charges if I cancel. Still considering what to do since it is after the 30 day period where it is $50 but the full set of products are a quite a big sum.

Sian. Should not have been bought into the better skin possibility (but not for me) when I kept getting sold new packages almost each session with long sales talks... :confused:

Last edited:

Back