What's your reason for doing IUI?

NewandConfused

Hi guys,

Just hope to share your reasons for doing IUI.

Now I'm faced with the possibility of having to do that, but not sure if it would happen.

Will really appreciate any responses, thank you!!

Hi! I have gone through 1 cycle of IUI (but BFN).

We wanted to go for IVF but the gynae suggested for us to try IUI first, as there weren't any apparent fertility problems with us, after all the check ups.

IUI is much cheaper than IVF, and less invasive. But I guess the success rate may be lower than IVF (Not too sure about this).

Hope that helps!

i wanted to do iui but the doc said that my hb sperm is low so if wash off the not gd ones will left very little of them to do ivf.

Had PCOS not ovulating. Just did my so-iui yesterday. Not painful for iui. Procedure appx 5-10min. Rest 20min. Daily jab n ultrasound every few days more painful than the actual iui procedure.

Last edited:
Had PCOS not ovulating. Just did my so-iui yesterday. Not painful for iui. Procedure appx 5-10min. Rest 230min. Daily jab n ultrasound every few days more painful than the actual iui procedure.

Hi Daledale, I also has PCOS and with Dr Tan Heng Hao from KKH. Seen him last week and he suggest I go for SO-IUI as Clomid and Letrozole dont work on me.

I will need to go for HSG to check on my fallopian tube before proceed. I believe you had HSG too? What is the process after reviewing result of HSG? Is it next menses cycle can start on SO-IUI?

Hi,

Yes i went hsg and all the scan check the trip & eggs etc. after the scan then went doc review to confirm so-iui or ivf on the next doc appointment (appx 1 mth later after scan). Then doc say wait for kkivf center to call and arrange for consulation. After consultation, can try on the next menses day 2 for so-iui.

My menses not regular so i request the meds to induces menses just in case during the consultation at kkivf center.

Last edited:
Had PCOS not ovulating. Just did my so-iui yesterday. Not painful for iui. Procedure appx 5-10min. Rest 230min. Daily jab n ultrasound every few days more painful than the actual iui procedure.
Hi daledale
Might I know what's the daily jab? How does the doctor select the date for doing iui?

Hi daledale
Might I know what's the daily jab? How does the doctor select the date for doing iui?
So-iui jab. Think hormones jab and they will monitor closely with scan every few days. They will increase dosage if need. I increase until 125mg. They will measure egg n lining with the scan every few days. When almost ready i did an ovulation test. Positive, so i took the last trigger shot and did my iui then next noon.

Since clomid and the injectables do not seem to be working for me, my gynae recommended me to try IUI. But I'm very sceptical about it, since the success rates are really low. His reason is that my case is more like unexplained infertility, and hubby's sperm count is acceptable.

What do you ladies think about it? Do you think it's better to go straight for ivf since the success rate is higher?

Hello. To share, we did so-iui. Missus have many eggs, but not ovulating. Tried clomid, unfortunately didn't work. For Mr... issue is fine.

Seeked assistance in April 2015. So-iui procedure in nov 2015. Bfp in Dec 2015-1st attempt. Delivery to baby recently in Aug 2016.

I would say is a number game , and luck plays a big part as well

Don't give up and try best

Hello. To share, we did so-iui. Missus have many eggs, but not ovulating. Tried clomid, unfortunately didn't work. For Mr... issue is fine.

Seeked assistance in April 2015. So-iui procedure in nov 2015. Bfp in Dec 2015-1st attempt. Delivery to baby recently in Aug 2016.

I would say is a number game , and luck plays a big part as well

Don't give up and try best

Hi, may I know where did you get your so-iui done? At ur own Gynae or at kkh etc?

I went to tcm at amk. Her recommendation ask try iui first. Many of her customer manage to get pregnent with iui and no need go thru the pain of ivf. Beside, it is gd platform for testing of the meds for ivf during iui.

I went to tcm at amk. Her recommendation ask try iui first. Many of her customer manage to get pregnent with iui and no need go thru the pain of ivf. Beside, it is gd platform for testing of the meds for ivf during iui.

Can I know what treatment did the tcm give you? Do they work and will it cause heatiness?

If don't mind, can pls share the tcm contact?

Can I know what treatment did the tcm give you? Do they work and will it cause heatiness?

If don't mind, can pls share the tcm contact?

I doing accupunture there. Front & Back, total appx 40min. Intially my egg n lining not growing well so i look for dr zou for advise. Nice lady. Eventually the egg n lining grow pretty well after treatment with her and did ovulate. But at the same time i also took royal jelly, kkh also increase dosage. So i not sure which excately workout. But i already went thru the hassle of so-iui, must as well maximise my chance with tcm assisting.

Zou Yumin TCM Physician & Acupuncturist
Blk 505, Ang Mo Kio Ave 8#01-266
Singapore 560505
Tel: (65) 6456 0833

Btw there is another tcm very famous in jurong, heard 7am need to go Q. You can try google for that if you stay nearer to the west.

I doing accupunture there. Front & Back, total appx 40min. Intially my egg n lining not growing well so i look for dr zou for advise. Nice lady. Eventually the egg n lining grow pretty well after treatment with her and did ovulate. But at the same time i also took royal jelly, kkh also increase dosage. So i not sure which excately workout. But i already went thru the hassle of so-iui, must as well maximise my chance with tcm assisting.

Singapore 560505

Thank you for the contact :)
Btw, was your so-iui successful? Did u do tcm before or after so-iui?

Thank you for the contact :)
Btw, was your so-iui successful? Did u do tcm before or after so-iui?

Hi,

I still waiting for result. Blood test on 18 aug. I started my tcm 5 or 6 days after i started in injection for iui and the scan show no growth. I go 2-3 times a week (depending on every scan result) and continue 4 more times after the procedure.

Singapore 560505

I second that Dr Zou is a good TCM for this aspect. My friend has success with her. I am seeing her myself now for over 5months (going to try IUI this cycle). Very caring doctor and knows her stuff. My lining became really thin after 3cycles of clomid, hence I went to her and last cycle scan showed improved of egg and lining quality. Still trying, hopefully good news come soon!

I asked the same question to the lady who answered the phone. She just told me 'oh don't worry, we have a translator'. So i'm guessing not?

There are two ladies helping dr Zou when seeing patients and doing accunpture. All of them very friendly, one of whom speaks English (prob the "translator"). Dr Zou understands all the English medical terms/medicine relating to IVF and IUI, so communication shouldn't be a problem. I've seen different races at her clinic too:))

Would like to ask, those who are seeing Dr Zou...do you take the meds + accupuncture or just go for accupuncture.

I've taken the meds for 5 days at the start of my cycle and this week she gave some more. Was wondering if the effect would still b the same with just accupuncture as I find the med a bit bitter :)

Would like to ask, those who are seeing Dr Zou...do you take the meds + accupuncture or just go for accupuncture.

I've taken the meds for 5 days at the start of my cycle and this week she gave some more. Was wondering if the effect would still b the same with just accupuncture as I find the med a bit bitter :)

Hi, I do both accupunctuee and herb med. The batch given during your period (i.e.start of the cycle) taste the worst in my opinion. But i just coax myself to drink it up and take something sweet thereafter (like a piece of dried logan or a red date) The good news is the two other med (i.e. The one before and after ovulation taste better) - less bitter in my view. Hope that helps.

Hi, I do both accupunctuee and herb med. The batch given during your period (i.e.start of the cycle) taste the worst in my opinion. But i just coax myself to drink it up and take something sweet thereafter (like a piece of dried logan or a red date) The good news is the two other med (i.e. The one before and after ovulation taste better) - less bitter in my view. Hope that helps.

Oh gosh, the one for during period is worst? So far I only had the one before ovulation (last week) and after (this week), and they taste the same to me lolll :)

Yes I take a sweet after drinking it too to get the taste out of my mouth. But if the med can bring good news, will try to persevere! How long have you been seeing dr zou?

Hi pink2purple, I've been seeing dr Zou for about 6months now. My friend got a baby girl after seeing her for two months, so she recommended her to me after my lining became so thin (like 3mm) after 3 failed rounds of purely Clomid + HCG (but without IUI) early this year. Last cycle, did a scan and saw lining went back to normal (8mm) after treatment with dr Zou, so went ahead with trying IUI this cycle. Hoping for good news this cycle. Hope this encourages u to tahan the bitterness in the med:)) Initally, the med was really tough for me to finish, but now think my taste buds quite immune already except the period one still tasting horrible to me. Haha.

I've been seeing dr Zou for about 6months now. My friend got a baby girl after seeing her for two months, so she recommended her to me after my lining was so thin (like 3mm) after 3 failed rounds of purely Clomid + HCG (but without IUI) early this year so hard to continue just western route. Last cycle, did a scan and saw lining went back to normal (8mm) after treatment with dr Zou, so went ahead with trying IUI this cycle. Hoping for good news this cycle. Hope this encourages u to tahan the bitterness in the med:)) Initally, the med was really tough for me to finish, but now think my taste buds quite immune already except the period one still tasting horrible to me. Haha.

Yes, I will try to tahan for the sake of bfp! I suspect my lining was thin too when I was on clomid last few cycles...until my period only lasted 4 days last month. But after seeing dr zou, found that my O came early and I hv more CM. Hopefully it means the treatment is slowly working on my body :)

Let's all work hard for our bfp.

Btw, her assistant told me during period no need to come for accupuncture. So you visit the clinic when having period to collect the med only?

Btw, her assistant told me during period no need to come for accupuncture. So you visit the clinic when having period to collect the med only?
Yes I do that during day 1 of my period. Or if I see my temperature drop towards end of cycle (ie. more likely period will come), I'll collect the med for period during that session then don't have to make another trip down.

i went to zou yumin clinic too after 2 mth of visiting, i found that my mucus amount increase.

Back