IVF/ICSI Support Group

yes he recommend i go for fresh to extract eggs when im still younger. am 36 this year liao. ahhaha which im placed for fresh cycle le. just that havent call. lazy...... 5th cycle liao gosh
woah muff u 5th cycle alr. im only 2nd cycle and alr feel like dying from hearing all the bfn.. salute you. hope i can continue to be as strong as you.

I went to kkh for ivf consultation and also collect my blood test results for anti-mullerian hormone. Anyone can tell me what 4.6 ng/ml means? I was just passed the report with no explanation. I thought i can just refer to the reference ranges to get a gauge but apparently for this test there is no range indicated.

another question i have is anyone going tcm with thong chai? i went for my first consultation but was told to perform additional blood test reports costing $185 (some of which done in jun/jul last year (ie fsh/lh, progesterone but deemed no longer valid). The tcm practitioner excluded full hormone report for now cos i told her my co just given me a full body check up. On top of that hubby also need to perform other tests on sperm for $323. Initially quite optimistic about going there to help improve chances during but now a feeling dejected. Seems like unable to continue tcm if no completion of tests.

yes he recommend i go for fresh to extract eggs when im still younger. am 36 this year liao. ahhaha which im placed for fresh cycle le. just that havent call. lazy...... 5th cycle liao gosh
If you are not financially strain and is mentally ready, dun procastinate liao. Time waits for no one de.

I went to kkh for ivf consultation and also collect my blood test results for anti-mullerian hormone. Anyone can tell me what 4.6 ng/ml means? I was just passed the report with no explanation. I thought i can just refer to the reference ranges to get a gauge but apparently for this test there is no range indicated.

another question i have is anyone going tcm with thong chai? i went for my first consultation but was told to perform additional blood test reports costing $185 (some of which done in jun/jul last year (ie fsh/lh, progesterone but deemed no longer valid). The tcm practitioner excluded full hormone report for now cos i told her my co just given me a full body check up. On top of that hubby also need to perform other tests on sperm for $323. Initially quite optimistic about going there to help improve chances during but now a feeling dejected. Seems like unable to continue tcm if no completion of tests.
Hi who is yr tcm at tongji? I went today. Also ask to do blood test. Becos my blood reports are very old 1s.

Does they ask you to do e bloodtests at kkh. Actuali e test are standard male and female hormone test,for e tcm to gauge yr condition inside with e help of bloodtest. Eg amh,fsh,lh etc

Last edited:
Hi,do u know e name for e chrmosome bloodtest for ladies?
It's karotyping ..for both men and women. But I think must hv special reasons to do it. Or can ask pte gynae to do. Cos most public hospital dun do unless got special reasons. Like my case more than 3 early miscarriages and ivf failure to implant. Think quite ex too abt thousand plus.

It's karotyping ..for both men and women. But I think must hv special reasons to do it. Or can ask pte gynae to do. Cos most public hospital dun do unless got special reasons. Like my case more than 3 early miscarriages and ivf failure to implant. Think quite ex too abt thousand plus.
Thanks lambi for e information. All e best to you :)

Hi who is yr tcm at tongji? I went today. Also ask to do blood test. Becos my blood reports are very old 1s.

Does they ask you to do e bloodtests at kkh. Actuali e test are standard male and female hormone test,for e tcm to gauge yr condition inside with e help of bloodtest. Eg amh,fsh,lh etc

No blood test require at kkh as I have done all tests in Thomson before going. Yes they are standard hormone test. How old are ur reports?

But for male there is a weird one that is sperm culture, t mycoplasma and chlamydia which I tot is weird as its std?

No blood test require at kkh as I have done all tests in Thomson before going. Yes they are standard hormone test. How old are ur reports?

But for male there is a weird one that is sperm culture, t mycoplasma and chlamydia which I tot is weird as its std?
Its infection test for males.
Which physician u consulted at tongji? Mine is LKG. My report are 2 yrs old.

So she ask u go where and retake e bloodtest.she issued mine at thomson

Last edited:
Its infection test for males.
Which physician u consulted at tongji? Mine is LKG. My report are 2 yrs old.

So she ask u go where and retake e bloodtest.she issued mine at thomson
Your physician is same as mine. Mine is Thomson too. Is this ur first visit there as well or a follow-up. Does your hubby need to do test or for yourself only?

Your physician is same as mine. Mine is Thomson too. Is this ur first visit there as well or a follow-up. Does your hubby need to do test or for yourself only?
I visited tong ji for e 1st time today. She issue sa test for my husband. Me e blood tests. At this juncture i dunno abt this tcm yet as its my very 1st encounter with her.

I understans that there are other 3 tcm in tongji. 1 has similar name as her also surnane loh. This tcm loh i visited is very soft spoken

Ok same situation as me, first encounter with tong hi and practitioner.

I now 2 minds about this as I am scheduled for ivf next month (last min hug Buddha leg) but was hoping to improve general health thru Tcm.

Instead I have more tests to do.

Ok same situation as me, first encounter with tong hi and practitioner.

I now 2 minds about this as I am scheduled for ivf next month (last min hug Buddha leg) but was hoping to improve general health thru Tcm.

Instead I have more tests to do.
Oh then tongji might not be in time for you. U need to go other tcm if u wanna skip the bloodtests. E tongji tcm didnt prescribe medicine for you today right for 1st visit? She didnt for me.

Anyway,i think 1 month of tcm has minimal impact..chinese medicine take sometime to see effect. Unless is acupuncture,1 month maybi still can enhance blood flow.

Last edited:
Oh then tongji might not be in time for you. U need to go other tcm if u wanna skip the bloodtests. E tongji tcm didnt prescribe medicine for you today right for 1st visit? She didnt for me.

Anyway,i think 1 month of tcm has minimal impact..chinese medicine take sometime to see effect. Unless is acupuncture,1 month maybi still can enhance blood flow.

No she didn't prescribe she say need liver report before prescription

Will you be continuing with her for TCM?

Last edited:
I ate everyday last time..jacks plc menu many to choose from lol Ur excuse to Ur hubby bring u.
Wow..everyday jacks plc steak, i scare i end up too heaty ..lol but i like their beef- cos grass fed cow....
But still maybe try to do homecook beef more frequent..

Btw.. U r back on forum recently.. Back for another cycle ? :)

Im no longer with him. Im with sgh now. I will ask the doc what is her opinion when i visit her in oct which i find that is super long and im also not young le.
U are with dr yu right? Then maybe go for frrsh extract more eggs 1st cause that was what i wanted also initially... oct is really quite long.. im considering pc wong?

you may be lucky next!!

Muff i salute u. 3 failures i cried my heart out le. But that being said i also wont give up too one.. cos we just hope to have one in our arms.. hope u can faster graduate from this thread too!

Congrats! Which hospital are u with? Is it fresh cycle or FET?
Hi dreamscometrue, I'm with TMC.. This is 3rd try, 1st was fresh and the last 2 were FETs. Lots of baby dust to all the ladies here who are fighting the tough fight! Good things come to those who work hard and those who believe (I had spotting in my 2ww but it turned out OK after all, so always believe, and keep a strong, positive mindset!)

Ladies can i ask dumb qn...during stim can rebond perm color hair? In need hair makeover.Lol!!!
Hajar during my stimming phase my nurse advised against dyeing hair (I had a lot of white hair so imagine how that is).. It was hard but I tried to follow her instructions.. I did after ER haha

I also have alot of grey hair. I colour before i start the stimu jab.. So @finesse9702 is it better to colour after ER???
No lah, I don't think there's absolute certainty to it, don't worry if u have done it k. For the amount of money we are spending on IVF and the effort, just avoid doing things that may potentially harm the process, I guess. I read online, there actually is no direct link or published results on hair dye and its effect on IVF.

No lah, I don't think there's absolute certainty to it, don't worry if u have done it k. For the amount of money we are spending on IVF and the effort, just avoid doing things that may potentially harm the process, I guess. I read online, there actually is no direct link or published results on hair dye and its effect on IVF.
Ok thanks for the info. :)

Hi All,

I am new to this forum. This is my first time going for IVF, and will be done by Dr SF Loh from TMC. Before this, i have 2 failed IUI attempts with NUH.

Day 1 of my menses is on sat 20 Aug and i have taken injections (Gonal F-300mg + Menopur-150mg per night) for 4 days till today (24 Aug). We went back to see Dr Low today and was told that there is only 6-7 eggs (high FSH level), with the largest size being 12mm and and lining thickness is 7.5mm. As this is my first time, may i know what is the average size of the egg 4th day into menses.

This time round he prescribed me with Gonal F (375mg) + Pergoveris + Orgalutron to be jab for 3 nights and told us to go back for consultation/scan this saturday. Unfortunately, tonight i missed my injection as i am not feeling well, with sudden bouts of cold and constant shivering for at least 30mins, so to play safe, i have decided not to proceed with the jab for tonight. Anyone here missed any injection before? How to make up for it? I will be calling up the clinic to check tomorrow also.

Anybody with Dr Loh as well, he told us that i will be on short cycle, so may i know how many more injection am i expected to take and whats the expected cycle timeline from now on.

May i know what do abbreviation below means:
CD1, CD2, stim, AMH level

Sorry for the long post and the many questions.

Thanks all for reading!

Last edited:
Hi All,

I am new to this forum. This is my first time going for IVF, and will be done by Dr SF Low from TMC. Before this, i have 2 failed IUI attempts with NUH.

Day 1 of my menses is on sat 20 Aug and i have taken injections (Gonal F-300mg + Menopur-150mg per night) for 4 days till today (24 Aug). We went back to see Dr Low today and was told that there is only 6-7 eggs (high FSH level), with the largest size being 12mm and and lining thickness is 7.5mm. As this is my first time, may i know what is the average size of the egg 4th day into menses.

This time round he prescribed me with Gonal F (375mg) + Pergoveris + Orgalutron to be jab for 3 nights and told us to go back for consultation/scan this saturday. Unfortunately, tonight i missed my injection as i am not feeling well, with sudden bouts of cold and constant shivering for at least 30mins, so to play safe, i have decided not to proceed with the jab for tonight. Anyone here missed any injection before? How to make up for it? I will be calling up the clinic to check tomorrow also.

Anybody with Dr Lowas well, he told us that i will be on short cycle, so may i know how many more injection am i expected to take and whats the expected cycle timeline from now on.

Thanks all for reading!
Hi for your miss injections,i think u should contact the clinic early today to inform. And see wat they advise. Maybi they will ask you to jab today morning to make up ,i am not too sure. Yr egg size and lining looks ok for your earlier results.

Short cycle will take ard 10 to 14 days. Thereafter doc will issue a trigger jab when egg for 3 reach ard 16mm. Refer to doc loh paper for e protocol explanation. (E stqck of think papers)

Cd1 -menses day 1
Cd2-menses day 2
Stim -stimulation(jabs)
Amh- its a blood test that measures e amount of eggs in your reserves

Hi All,

I just BFN my 2nd FET on 22.08.16, but till today the menses haven't come, for my last 3 experience , the menses will report same day on the blood test. May i know who have the experience the menses report late after fail the cycle.

Hi All,

I just BFN my 2nd FET on 22.08.16, but till today the menses haven't come, for my last 3 experience , the menses will report same day on the blood test. May i know who have the experience the menses report late after fail the cycle.

Gigi_123,
Hugs ! All depends on individual as there could be some hormonal residues of the supports which u took during the 2WW. Give your body a couple of more days. Meanwhile You may want to call ur clinic / dr to check if they can help trigger AF if it still fails to come.

For my last failed fet cycle, my AF came 3 days after I stopped all my supports. My dr did tell me to get back to him if it fails to report after a couple of days.

U are with dr yu right? Then maybe go for frrsh extract more eggs 1st cause that was what i wanted also initially... oct is really quite long.. im considering pc wong?

Muff i salute u. 3 failures i cried my heart out le. But that being said i also wont give up too one.. cos we just hope to have one in our arms.. hope u can faster graduate from this thread too!
I also hope so.... hahaha the baby is playing hide and seek from me :confused:

hello cindy, can you share what needs to be done prior to FET? Is there any jab or medication need to take?

During my FET(natural) cycle, I had to take a few pills just after my period to ensure ovulation. Out of the 3 or 4 pills I was supposed to eat, I actually lost 1. And coz I was on holiday, I could not get a replacement. After I was back in Singapore I reported to the nurse but she said nvmd lor.

Did a few ultrasounds, and so many many blood tests, in the beginning was just once in the morning, after that was once in the morning and once in the afternoon too. Only when nearing the ovulation period, then the blood tests and ultrasounds stopped. ET was scheduled, and I did my transfer of the frozen/defrosted embroyos. Was day 4 embroyos.

Overall I think the constant going down for blood tests twice a day was quite stressful because I had to keep taking time off from work. And also part of the cycle was during CNY period, so I did the blood tests at delivery ward instead. Service there is faster compared to the clinic though....Hahahaha...........

Diff hospitals practise differently. Certain hospitals like KKH use ovulation strips so there is less need to keep popping by for blood tests, and ultrasounds hence saving cost and time.

And also I did ask about the cost of medicated FET, its actually cheaper than natural FET. And I am probably one of the patients who clocked the highest bill for natural FET with all the blood tests and ultrasounds. Lol....

Hope that clarifies.

Last edited:
Hi for your miss injections,i think u should contact the clinic early today to inform. And see wat they advise. Maybi they will ask you to jab today morning to make up ,i am not too sure. Yr egg size and lining looks ok for your earlier results.

Short cycle will take ard 10 to 14 days. Thereafter doc will issue a trigger jab when egg for 3 reach ard 16mm. Refer to doc loh paper for e protocol explanation. (E stqck of think papers)

Cd1 -menses day 1
Cd2-menses day 2
Stim -stimulation(jabs)
Amh- its a blood test that measures e amount of eggs in your reserves

Thanks connie_hopeful for your reply. We have called back the clinic and was told to take the missed jab in the morning and resume the other 2 tonight and tmr night. But still, the jab is best to be taken at night for the hormone to do its work. May i know what is a trigger jab?

I saw more abbreviation when looking at some past posts, may i know what do the following means:
-whats the difference between a fresh cycle and FET difference
-whats the difference between a medicated FET and natural FET
-2WW
-AF

Is it advisable to be more active (i.e. go out for slow walk) or just rest at home during the injection phase?

One more thing, I saw in quite a few post that pple recommended taking egg white, may i know what is that for?

Thanks all in advance for replies.

Last edited:
Thanks connie_hopeful for your reply. We have called back the clinic and was told to take the missed jab in the morning and resume the other 2 tonight and tmr night. But still, the jab is best to be taken at night for the hormone to do its work. May i know what is a trigger jab?

I saw more abbreviation when looking at some past posts, may i know what do the following means:
-2WW
-AF

Is it advisable to be more active (i.e. go out for slow walk) or just rest at home during the injection phase?

One more thing, I saw in quite a few post that pple recommended taking egg white, may i know what is that for?

Fresh is a stimm cycle whereby ovaries are stimulated to get eggs. The eggs are fertilised with the sperm. The embroyos can beused in the same cycle to implant back into the womb, or excess embroyos can be frozen for use another time. In the case of OHSS, usu a FET is scheduled in the next or next 2 cycles.
FET(natual) can see my post above.
Medicated FET is using drugs to time ovulation, and ET can be scheduled.
2WW Waiting period after embroyo transplant.
AF Actual Flow.

Last edited:
Fresh is a stimm cycle whereby ovaries are stimulated to get eggs. They can used in the same cycle to implant back into the womb, or excess embroyos can be frozen for use another time.
FET(natual) can see my post above.
Medicated FET is using drugs to time ovulation, and ET can be scheduled.
2WW Waiting period after embroyo transplant.
AF Actual Flow.

Oic, thanks alot for the explanation.

During my FET(natural) cycle, I had to take a few pills just after my period to ensure ovulation. Out of the 3 or 4 pills I was supposed to eat, I actually lost 1. And coz I was on holiday, I could not get a replacement. After I was back in Singapore I reported to the nurse but she said nvmd lor.

Did a few ultrasounds, and so many many blood tests, in the beginning was just once in the morning, after that was once in the morning and once in the afternoon too. Only when nearing the ovulation period, then the blood tests and ultrasounds stopped. ET was scheduled, and I did my transfer of the frozen/defrosted embroyos. Was day 4 embroyos.

Overall I think the constant going down for blood tests twice a day was quite stressful because I had to keep taking time off from work. And also part of the cycle was during CNY period, so I did the blood tests at delivery ward instead. Service there is faster compared to the clinic though....Hahahaha...........

Diff hospitals practise differently. Certain hospitals like KKH use ovulation strips so there is less need to keep popping by for blood tests, and ultrasounds hence saving cost and time.

And also I did ask about the cost of medicated FET, its actually cheaper than natural FET. And I am probably one of the patients who clocked the highest bill for natural FET with all the blood tests and ultrasounds. Lol....

Hope that clarifies.
Thanks girl for the info. its very detailed. :D

-2WW
-AF

Hi,
Follow e clinics instructions for e jab. Trigger jab is e last jab that you will take before you go for egg retrieval.

You may resume normal activities during injection phase. Just no jogging as your eggs inside is getting bigger n bigger as days passes during e jabs.

Egg white is e cheapest form of protein. Its helps on egg growth

Oh forgot to mention the reason I choose natural over medicated is I wanted to give my body a break from the drugs :p. But clinics may prefer their patients to do medicated esp because timing wise is controllable.

Hi,
Follow e clinics instructions for e jab. Trigger jab is e last jab that you will take before you go for egg retrieval.

You may resume normal activities during injection phase. Just no jogging as your eggs inside is getting bigger n bigger as days passes during e jabs.

Egg white is e cheapest form of protein. Its helps on egg growth

Thanks a lot for all the explanations.

Last edited:

Anyone here is seeing tongji hospital tcm for sometime le?hows e experience?

Hi All,

I am new to this forum. This is my first time going for IVF, and will be done by Dr SF Loh from TMC. Before this, i have 2 failed IUI attempts with NUH.

Anybody with Dr Loh as well, he told us that i will be on short cycle, so may i know how many more injection am i expected to take and whats the expected cycle timeline from now on.

Thanks all for reading!
Girl u cannot miss your injection. It's for the growth of your egg n missing one dose may or may not affect the cycle. Don't think can make up the dosage because sudden double dose may affect the egg growth. Pls inform doctor when u go for scan.

The timeline depends on your egg growth. Average around day 10 can schedule for Retrieval.

Cd - cycle day
Stim - stimulation as in injection
AMH- is the blood test for your egg reserve.

morning ladies.. am scheduled for my FET tmr... read somewhere in the previous pages that for ET, it is better to refrain from wearing any perfume/deodorant.. cos the nurse din mention this to me.. any advice?

Back