2016/07 July babies

Weather hot I let my baby wear mesh bootie. Go out is wear sock. I still let him wear mitten. At night must wear cos don't know when he sleep he like to rub his face with his hand. Sure will scratch one.

Redvel it will be good to visit the ifc before u decide to put your baby with them. To look at the environment, and ask them the ratio of one care taker to how many baby etc etc And if u are interested u can fill up your particular and will be put on waiting list if no vacancy. They will call you up if there is a vacancy.
Thanks emk. I'll ask questions when there tomorrow.

When I was at PD when LO was about 2-3weeks, i asked if 100ml per feed is too much for my baby. That was what typically CL could feed. She says it's ok no issue however the demand will drop later since baby could be going thru growth spurt. True enough, now she can never finish 100ml. I tried but felt like I was forcing her to drink. So now typically she drinks max 80-90ml.

I don't swaddle but I have made her sleep in new position at times which is her side. She seems to sleep well in that. I watch out on her when she is in that. I notice her back of head is getting flatter so I need to change the positions now and then. Anyone has babies who are getting flatter head and you rotate position?

Last edited:
Redvel yeah my baby head slightly flatter on the right side Coz he prefer to sleep on the right more. I tried to change it by putting a small cushion on the right side to make him sleep on his left but he still manage to turn to the right.

I am still swaddling my LO at night as i find her sleep better. Today I took off her mitten during the day but decided to put on during the nite Coz I afraid that it's going to be cold at night.

Nightmare! My boy woke up for his feeding around 5am. When he finished his milk, and was about to burp him, he split up milk and the milk shoot across the carpet gave me a big scare.

Changed & burped him. Going to wash his clothes later too. My hair also got his milk so sticky now :(

Hi mummies when your baby poo, do they strain like they are in constipation ? Mine always seem to strain like trying hard to poo or fart....but her poo is normal poo not constipated

My boy a little bit behind. Now start more tummy time. I also put a donut like pillow for him to sleep to shape his head.

My boy when he poo. His face will squeeze until very red like the poo very different to come out. But his poo very normal still watery.

Yesterday my boy treated me so good. Wake him up at 11pm drink his milk. He sleep thru until 6.30am. Pray pray this will continue. Mummy going back to work soon

Nightmare! My boy woke up for his feeding around 5am. When he finished his milk, and was about to burp him, he split up milk and the milk shoot across the carpet gave me a big scare.

Changed & burped him. Going to wash his clothes later too. My hair also got his milk so sticky now :(
My boy got once or twice like that. His last mouth of milk have go down his throat. Now after he took the last mouth, I will let him stay in the position for awhile like 2-3sec before I start to burp him.

U got milk treatment for your hair.

My boy a little bit behind. Now start more tummy time. I also put a donut like pillow for him to sleep to shape his head.

My boy when he poo. His face will squeeze until very red like the poo very different to come out. But his poo very normal still watery.

Yesterday my boy treated me so good. Wake him up at 11pm drink his milk. He sleep thru until 6.30am. Pray pray this will continue. Mummy going back to work soon

Last nite I nv do any dream feed or bottle feed. End up waking 3hrly... When will he get the memo to sleep longer than 3hr, how Abt 4hrs and 5hrs??

Jiayou Piglet!!

Today my boy off schedule.

Wake at 550am, 810am, 9am, 11am now still drinking... Argh!

Make me wonder Abt my supply!! But he doesn't finish my boob!!!

Last nite I nv do any dream feed or bottle feed. End up waking 3hrly... When will he get the memo to sleep longer than 3hr, how Abt 4hrs and 5hrs??

Jiayou Piglet!!
Well mine got the wrong memo...waking up less than 3 hrs for milk throughout the night yesterday....and now up at 9am.... After bath and play ..refuse to sleep.

Two nights of dream feed and bb wakes up even earlier to drink next one. Bleh.

Going to see pd for 6-in-1 later. Have few qns I need to ask her too.

Seen the IFC. For now they can take in on 15Sep when LO is 11weeks. I can't help but feel teary eye it's parting time soon (regardless which IFC).

Piglet you are still pumping right? Will we have mens when we pump? Is it lochia?
Yes yes will have mens when we pump. I not hard core or on the dot to pump. My BM is like dessert to my boy. Heehee. Slowly to drag the time to pump. Want to stop BM already. Returning to work soon. Give FM is easier for my mum when she take care.

Hi, I have just delivered in July too. Would like to join this thread...
Is there any good home massage therapist to recommend?

Thanks for sharing the contacts mummies!

Today there is strong burning smell in the air from the haze, better turn on filter and air conditioner.

Oh it's the haze? It's really bad at my side and I tot it's the seventh month season and people are burning the joss paper.
For the past 2-3 days my LO seems to be drinking lesser. For every 3 hrs we are giving 110ml but then she is not taking it 3 hrly in the afternoon. On top of it, she will drink half and for the other half we will feed like 30 mins to 1 hr later.
In the night, she din sleep through. She will cry every 2-3 hrly but she will not finish her milk. Haiz dunno wat happen to her? I have Michelin baby for my 2nd one and I dun think this baby is going to be one:(
Maybe she is training herself to sleep throughout the night hor? Haha self console..

Verluv .. Same thing happen to my baby yesterday .. Usually 80ml for 2 hour .. He finish 40ml then fall sleep, one hour later ask me for 40ml .. Make me so busy ..
Btw my baby like to put his hand into the mouth.. Why ar ? He want pacifier is it ? I haven't introduce pacifier to him ..

Mine has been drinking less at night and wakes up every 2 hourly for milk.,,l tried feed more she refuses to drink.

Mine will suck her hand when she wants milk

North where I live has high level of haze level. Can see near distance it is hazy.

I haven't relate if sucking hand is sign of hunger. I will observe later.

Same here. Mine will suck hands when hungry.

And I also noticed a drop in milk demand recently and tendency to drink half, wake up a little later to complete the other half. So night time, I just do side latching since I co-sleep with baby and let baby and me just drift off to sleep thereafter. No wastage and no washing required.

We have always been sharing weight of baby. Do u all keep track of baby's height?

Mine still have mitten on so no sucking of hands yet..
I dun remember my 1sr and 2nd girl reduce their intake of milk. Dunno why this one reduce.. So stocking up my bm now..

Oh i see, later I will observe is my baby sucking hand related to hunger.
KWL yea just went for check up on Tuesday, 7 weeks baby 58cm. On 90 percentile.

Actually we are average only .. My hub 174 and me 161.. we are quite shock when PD said our baby is tall.

Your hubby is considered tall ba, emk. Me and hubby merely low 1.6xm so if my LO tall my hubby would be worried heh.

Mummies any of you buying those endowment insurance for LO, for their university fees...which co are you looking into? Wonder which one to go to...so many companies...

Mummies any of you buying those endowment insurance for LO, for their university fees...which co are you looking into? Wonder which one to go to...so many companies...
Me me, I bought for both of my kids. Also upgraded their medisave. I bought from
AIA. My girl's have yearly payout. My boy no payment but if need then 1lump sum take out

Me me, I bought for both of my kids. Also upgraded their medisave. I bought from
AIA. My girl's have yearly payout. My boy no payment but if need then 1lump sum take out
I just bought the medisave from prudential, same as the elder daughter but the endowment not sure which one to go,

Why boy n girl diff?

@gan and @piglet can you explain to me more? What is this Medisave thing and endowment thing? Cos I m thinking of getting for both my kids and I didn't know Medisave still need to do anything? Just received letter Abt Medisave top up, is that the same?

@gan and @piglet can you explain to me more? What is this Medisave thing and endowment thing? Cos I m thinking of getting for both my kids and I didn't know Medisave still need to do anything? Just received letter Abt Medisave top up, is that the same?
Hi , we are referring to the shield plan...so that there is coverage in the event the kid is hospitalized * touch wood* especially in a private hospital. I m not sure if there is different ward class for kids in Kkh , but when my elder was hospitalized two times due to bronchitis at mt A as she is seeing pd there,the bill was in the thousands n medisave can't cover fully, the shield plan will help cover 100% the bill.

When did u receive the letter about medisave top up? I have not received this letter.

I bought from AIA for endowment, pay 12 yrs and get money at age 21. I didn't check with other company leh i think all about the same lo ..

I bought from AIA for endowment, pay 12 yrs and get money at age 21. I didn't check with other company leh i think all about the same lo ..

I bought a policy for baby during my pregnancy which is to cover both myself and him. But it's not endowment plan, more like an ILP, I think that's his life insurance. Maybe not for his education purpose yet. Need to go review and start on his education account soon.

@candymoshi it's good to have the additional hospitalization shield plan for baby. This is on top of the medisave that the government will give for every Singaporean. The shield plan from different companies are very similar, not much differences. Usually you can pay the premium through your CPF, and if you add on the rider, then it's cash. :)

Back