Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

Doc did say that becoz her blood type same as mine so jaundice expected to be mild. Plus she's been latching very well so my bm kicked in & transitioned well which helped. That said, she also noted jaundice is common and will clear eventually if bb takes in adequate milk. So Jia you mummy and bub!
wa, so good!! I am having cracked nipples :/ Pumped "strawberry milk"...sigh. Both my boys are the same blood group as my ah lao...that's why having problems with the jaundice level. Haiz...steal my iron, calcium and nutrients for 39 weeks, but both look like their dad :/

Yours is mild tear or THH did episiotomy?

I don't recall him stitching me up...or maybe he did, but I couldn't feel it...

He only said that the labour caused me to have some bleeding so he got the nurse to jab me on the thigh to stop the bleeding. That's all ley

I think to me there's also the concern on the what-ifs no dilation occurs coz that's what happend to my sis. Stuck at 4cm and her cervix was swollen end up e-csec. Double the suffering. Ah! and not forgetting I've got piles too....I really don't wan to suffer that! hahaha

But if you don't feel any pain, hard to push rite? My fren also can't feel anything end up her gyne must use forceps.
Ya...hard to push, but use imagination lor....ya ya, forceps is a must when such things happen. I couldn't even feel my bladder after that. I was telling the nurse that I wanted to wee wee but lost the function to do so.

Yaaa! I guess every milestone has its pros and cons. I shudder at the thought on having to make the whole house child-safe proof. And it doesn't help to have 2 of the same age cruising kiddos around the house! :eek:
You have to start preparing soon, dear! Your babies should be learning how to crawl in about 1 to 2 months time!!!
Yes to crusing kids... and auto-pilot someone :eek:

That happened to me too. The nurse/midwife kept asking me to push when I feel the contraction but I couldn't feel anything. I couldn't really push also. I think it's common with epidural. Haha. My friend's midwife and gynae looked at the contraction chart and asked her to push accordingly. But I dun rem mine referred to the chart at all. They just count and I push. Maybe too chaotic then.
Strange, aren't they suppose to lower the epi dose? The SSN who was with me throughout ensures that i can feel the pain (slight) so that i know when to push le. If can feel the urge, dun even need to count. I just tell THH and the nurse "It's pushing time" and the cycle starts. It's more "relax" like that than waiting for instructions from the nurse to start pushing. Still have time to gossip while waiting for the peak.

Hahaha I not so onz la! I dun latch them and didn't want to start either. So I just give whatever that I pumped out. I gave myself only 28 days for my pumping career so didn't expect that I'll exceed that till today. :D

But how come your 'well' is drying up esp when you've been pumping regularly?

Ah...d smiling n cooing... I can relate to tt ..super cute n melt tiredness away ...:)

Yup!!I also look d embryos photo ley!! Some more mine put in 2 n 1 implanted really make me wonder which embryo is he! I know is silly but I ask bub at times ..n he just give me back a cheeky smile ...hahaha....

Wow u only pump out whatever u have n still last till so long ! Amazing...can imagine if u do it regularly/direct latch ur supply should be good man...

Think cos although I pump regularly I still tend to drag the timing longer slightly esp in d middle of night where I set alarm clock to pump n 1/2 d time I drag waking up but bo bian so keep snoozing. .haha...d spirit is willing but flesh is weak...hahaha haha. ..:p

Should be fun if there is a gathering /play date of all mummy where as our LO is close quite close in month...haha...can't imagine d chao a mist yet should be fun !

I don't recall him stitching me up...or maybe he did, but I couldn't feel it...

He only said that the labour caused me to have some bleeding so he got the nurse to jab me on the thigh to stop the bleeding. That's all ley
I think he stitch la. The jab on the thigh is painkiller mah. The one he forgot to give me and started stitching and chatting happily. :(

wa, so good!! I am having cracked nipples :/ Pumped "strawberry milk"...sigh. Both my boys are the same blood group as my ah lao...that's why having problems with the jaundice level. Haiz...steal my iron, calcium and nutrients for 39 weeks, but both look like their dad :/
Exactly!!! Mine too.. carry them till almost full term and have to bear with MS throughout. And there they are looking like Daddy. *Angry* :mad:

I took the cookies as breakfast. So far still okie. Drink lot of water. No time to go out or make breakfast. Especially morning have to prepare nos.1 for school n baby fuss for milk. + pump. Morning is like war time. Hahaha

Should be fun if there is a gathering /play date of all mummy where as our LO is close quite close in month...haha...can't imagine d chao a mist yet should be fun !

I just had a gathering at my place with 4 of my colleagues who delievered their babies early this year. It was really chaotic. We had one "crawler" and the rest still would guai guai sit or lie down. Tried to take group photos of them. When one cries, the rest get startled. Disastrous. Hahaha. But v v fun. They will have lots of friends to grow up with.

Strange, aren't they suppose to lower the epi dose? The SSN who was with me throughout ensures that i can feel the pain (slight) so that i know when to push le. If can feel the urge, dun even need to count. I just tell THH and the nurse "It's pushing time" and the cycle starts. It's more "relax" like that than waiting for instructions from the nurse to start pushing. Still have time to gossip while waiting for the peak.
I asked for an increase in dosage halfway thru cos I could still feel contractions. Then later on I felt completely numb when fully dilated. Everyone's experience is so different. I also duno what I've experienced is the normal thing. I couldn't even lift up my legs. So is that normal? Haha. Then the nurse kept doing the ice block sensory test. I asked my friends from other hospitals, they didn't do it for them.

Hopefully, the next time round will be better for me. Haha. If we are blessed enough to have another one.

If u are looking for something more unusual for ur full month celebration cakes, can take a look at Bloomsbury Bakers.
(http://www.bloomsburybakers.com/#!blank/nfcn7)
I got mine from them. Instead of giving away boxes, I ordered small cakes and tarts and left them in the pantry for my colleagues. Only got the boxes for my bosses and closer colleagues. The pasteries are v v yummy!
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Bb is not feeling well.. keep crying. Can I rush to kkh now or just gp clinic?

Check if he's hungry, soiled diapers, or needs a burp. If still cannot, I would call my PD. Worst case go down to PD or KK. I don't think most GPs know how to handle newborns.

One random thing that crossed my mind that my CL once told me. When wearing mittens or socks, pls turn them inside out to check that there's no loose threads or stitches, the hanging thread sometimes can cut into baby's toes.

I asked for an increase in dosage halfway thru cos I could still feel contractions. Then later on I felt completely numb when fully dilated. Everyone's experience is so different. I also duno what I've experienced is the normal thing. I couldn't even lift up my legs. So is that normal? Haha. Then the nurse kept doing the ice block sensory test. I asked my friends from other hospitals, they didn't do it for them..
Ya, every experience is different. The experience for my #1 is like what you describe. No pain, no urge to push. End up i wasn't pushing but "sucking" the baby in. Almost ended up in e-csect till the gynae lower the dose so that i can feel if i am pushing or sucking. Personally i think my 2nd experience is better and less stress.

Bb is not feeling well.. keep crying. Can I rush to kkh now or just gp clinic?
Check all possibilities before sending to PD coz they will ask why is baby here and you must be able to answer. Check temperature, check if got soiled diaper, press his tummy to see if it is hard (coz maybe constipated), hungry or needs a burp etc. If nothing can soothe baby, will bring to see my PD. If my PD is not available, will go to KK.

Good to hear that babe! Mine will be 3 months old on Friday! Indeed, the toughest for me is that very week when CL leaves. But it does get better each day each week. I'm looking forward to the day where they can sttn!! Now they still wake up twice sometimes thrice for feeds. :confused:

Wow! Good leh! I only pump twice a day! So it just serve as desserts for my babies! :p

I have also been cutting down on my pumps from 3 hourly to 4 hourly but now usually average around 4-5 pumps a day as really find it hard to schedule pumping into feedings, bathe time and my own makan, shower and sleep time. ;)

still I manage a bottle of 100ml each. I cut down on their milk intake when the CL left as I feel they were overfeeding.
Now I have abit of extra not sure should i freeze them or just give them whatever I have.... dilemma

I read a book that says to feed 7 times a day with one night feed, concentrating the 6 feeds during the day time.
they calculate the full amount of milk intake the bb need for a day and split the milk portion concentrating more on 7 am , 10-10.30 am and 10.30 to 11pm feeds. anyone practicing this? i found it quite difficult as the milk intake is different for different timing.

going for their hep b second shot and review at poly next week. i worried as it will be my first time out with them and without my cls helping. will be a busy morning bringing them out and back to shower. I always find a sense of relief after i finish the morning shower. :)

Heh heh heh, doesn't matter so long as no pain is felt! Think the nurse was quite surprised why I don't feel any urge or pain and she kept asking me if I felt anything at 8cm, 9cm,10cm

I took the cookies as breakfast. So far still okie. Drink lot of water. No time to go out or make breakfast. Especially morning have to prepare nos.1 for school n baby fuss for milk. + pump. Morning is like war time. Hahaha
Everyday is war time for me & hubs now...haiz!! No more me-time, we-time

going pasir ris baby and child clinic later. open at 6.45pm

Hope ur LO is ok n nothing serious ...

D nurse at kkh children A & E will assessed baby condition n will be given priority if in need to see Dr 1st.

As my bub was having difficulty breathing n d A & E was super crowded...nurse str away let bb c 1st...lucky nothing serious n not having a fever after Dr assess...n Dr mentioned if baby under 3 month old w fever will str away hospitalise...

I just had a gathering at my place with 4 of my colleagues who delievered their babies early this year. It was really chaotic. We had one "crawler" and the rest still would guai guai sit or lie down. Tried to take group photos of them. When one cries, the rest get startled. Disastrous. Hahaha. But v v fun. They will have lots of friends to grow up with.

Haha sound super fun ley! Always like Playdate me! Can exchange pointer n etc :)

Aiyo sayang mummy. I did supplement with fm starting on 2nd day as supply was slowly building but pd updated that her jaundice started. As bm builds up, I tweaked the fm top up. If want to provide bm, no choice still must pump if not latch. Hang in there & hope you heal soon

Tsum_tsum. Reached at 8.30pm. Still waiting now.. 9.21pm liao. Night time think got phlegm. hope is small issue....pls

Ya...hard to push, but use imagination lor....ya ya, forceps is a must when such things happen. I couldn't even feel my bladder after that. I was telling the nurse that I wanted to wee wee but lost the function to do so.

OMG! sounds scary to me! I had so much pee after they took out the catheter till it overflowed the tray where they have to measure your 1st and 2nd pee to ensure everything is ok.

I have also been cutting down on my pumps from 3 hourly to 4 hourly but now usually average around 4-5 pumps a day as really find it hard to schedule pumping into feedings, bathe time and my own makan, shower and sleep time. ;)

still I manage a bottle of 100ml each. I cut down on their milk intake when the CL left as I feel they were overfeeding.
Now I have abit of extra not sure should i freeze them or just give them whatever I have.... dilemma

I read a book that says to feed 7 times a day with one night feed, concentrating the 6 feeds during the day time.
they calculate the full amount of milk intake the bb need for a day and split the milk portion concentrating more on 7 am , 10-10.30 am and 10.30 to 11pm feeds. anyone practicing this? i found it quite difficult as the milk intake is different for different timing.

going for their hep b second shot and review at poly next week. i worried as it will be my first time out with them and without my cls helping. will be a busy morning bringing them out and back to shower. I always find a sense of relief after i finish the morning shower. :)

Hey no bad leh mama! you still can have 4 to 5 pumps per day. How many weeks are your twins now? Actually after a while, you'll have a routine and that's where you can squeeze in to pump. So you're not doing DL?

How did you find out that your CL overfed them? They keep puking milk?

I don't practice what you mention as per the book recommends coz like my babies they regurgitate milk, puke milk, or poo...after which they will feel hungry easily and it might not adhere to the specified timing or volume.

Your hubby will be with you and the bbs to the polyclinic trip rite? As long as you have 1 extra pair of hands then will not be an issue. It's definitely confidence training for the 1st trip out w/o CL. Once you survive it, you can literally go anywhere! My hubby and I been going out with the twins almost every weekend w/o helper. So it's manageable as long as you understand their pattern and character. But you probably need to have a relatively thick skin (when the bbs both scream & cry together) and be prepared with many strangers suddenly coming up to you trying to offer help. haha

Milogal88, I have already joined the FB Twins & Multiples support group. Seems that natural birth for twins is really rare. I delivered my 1st boy naturally and I find recovery so much faster. No epidual but vaccum suck out my boy. Now I am mentally trying to convince myself that c-sec is better alternative instead this time round maybe I will go for GA since I dont know how epidural is administered. Still scared how to recover back my pre-natal figure after c sec cos I see most of my frenz figures gone case after c-sec. Still want to be beautiful mummy, vain la.
So glad to hear that THH has awesome stitching skills. Does KKH provide the binder? I will wait till wk 30 then go select date bah. Dont want to stress myself too. Tks for the advice.

Ah...d smiling n cooing... I can relate to tt ..super cute n melt tiredness away ...:)

Yup!!I also look d embryos photo ley!! Some more mine put in 2 n 1 implanted really make me wonder which embryo is he! I know is silly but I ask bub at times ..n he just give me back a cheeky smile ...hahaha....

Wow u only pump out whatever u have n still last till so long ! Amazing...can imagine if u do it regularly/direct latch ur supply should be good man...

Think cos although I pump regularly I still tend to drag the timing longer slightly esp in d middle of night where I set alarm clock to pump n 1/2 d time I drag waking up but bo bian so keep snoozing. .haha...d spirit is willing but flesh is weak...hahaha haha. ..:p

No leh I dun think I'll have fantastic supply coz my ML already pre-empt me when she came by to massage my boobs. Not a lot of milk ducts so I'm fine with it also la. haha...else I still must lug the pump out if I go out! Hahahaha I totally get what you mean about the snoozing part! I really cannot wake up to pump during confinement period honestly. On my 3rd week I just slept through!

Yeah, don't mind a playdate or gathering. So far met up with my twins mummy group and was quite fun though chaotic!

Milogal88, I have already joined the FB Twins & Multiples support group. Seems that natural birth for twins is really rare. I delivered my 1st boy naturally and I find recovery so much faster. No epidual but vaccum suck out my boy. Now I am mentally trying to convince myself that c-sec is better alternative instead this time round maybe I will go for GA since I dont know how epidural is administered. Still scared how to recover back my pre-natal figure after c sec cos I see most of my frenz figures gone case after c-sec. Still want to be beautiful mummy, vain la.
So glad to hear that THH has awesome stitching skills. Does KKH provide the binder? I will wait till wk 30 then go select date bah. Dont want to stress myself too. Tks for the advice.

Haha...FYI, THH doesn't encourage GA unless there's valid medical reasons. Coz being awake allows them to be aware of your response and reaction & to take immediate action if any complications arises. If under GA, you'll be sleeping through and if any complications, it might go undetected. Something along that line. Coz I'm a scardy cat and I didn't want to be awake while they cut me up! So I asked him. So he even cited me an analogy of an ostrich and tiger. So yeah, indirectly he's saying I'm an ostrich la. Anyway, the epi is administer at the spine. After that your legs will go numb and you can't feel anything below. And recovery wasn't that bad honestly. It's the 1st step out of the bed that's a bit uncomfy. I wouldn't say it's painful. It's like feeling very very sore.

Hmmmm not true la! I had the same concern too but 3 months on, I can already fit into my pre-preg bottoms and few more kgs to my pre-preg weight. I think it's really about eating well and I didn't pile on the carbos. I also put on my binder 24/7...only did 5 days of Jamu massage at week 10. And of coz caring for the babies (doing everything twice!) makes you slim down a lot faster! haha

Binder was a passed down from my sis but you can get it from kkh pharmacy. Dale brand is good.

Dr THH will suggest u to go RA. Mean awake. Ur hubby can go in with you too. Can see baby. Kkh don't provide binder. U can buy from the pharmacy.

Tsum_tsum. Reached at 8.30pm. Still waiting now.. 9.21pm liao. Night time think got phlegm. hope is small issue....pls

Do baby sound congested or breathing well. Baby keep crying can be hungry, uncomfy or just want comfort not necessary sick. But if in doubt better to check for peace of mind. Hope all is well now.

There are quite a few twin mummies doing natural birth. If u post this question in FB there will be many replies n encouragement for natural birth. It also depends on your babies position. there are risk involved in all delivery n the main concern is if natural didn't work it will lead to emergency csect. U can discuss with dr before decide.

Aiyo sayang mummy. I did supplement with fm starting on 2nd day as supply was slowly building but pd updated that her jaundice started. As bm builds up, I tweaked the fm top up. If want to provide bm, no choice still must pump if not latch. Hang in there & hope you heal soon
*sob sob* yaaa...latching is always fuss-free...much better than pumping, need to sterilise pump, bottle, teat :/

The milk supply seems to be more than demand, which can also be a headache cos of blocked ducts. Help~~

*sob sob* yaaa...latching is always fuss-free...much better than pumping, need to sterilise pump, bottle, teat :/

The milk supply seems to be more than demand, which can also be a headache cos of blocked ducts. Help~~
Warm water to cover your breast. Then massage before pump. You have to pump a few times to clear it. If not baby is the best to unblock for you. Latch on. Their sucking very powerful. Mine after latch breast will be soft. If pump wouldn't get that. U have to pump like every 2hrs instead of 3hrs to clear the blockage.

What I learn from other sisters. The pump parts u can wash then put in ziplock bag for the next use. Sterilise once a day. The valve that contact ur BM can put in hot water like 5-6mins before use.

Warm water to cover your breast. Then massage before pump. You have to pump a few times to clear it. If not baby is the best to unblock for you. Latch on. Their sucking very powerful. Mine after latch breast will be soft. If pump wouldn't get that. U have to pump like every 2hrs instead of 3hrs to clear the blockage.

What I learn from other sisters. The pump parts u can wash then put in ziplock bag for the next use. Sterilise once a day. The valve that contact ur BM can put in hot water like 5-6mins before use.
ya, baby's sucking the best, but the problem is, the moment he latches on, there is this excruciating pain on the nipple and you can see the damage after the session - I've seen bloody cracked nips and yesterday was bad; there was pus :(

Sians 1/2......pump every 2 hours :( Like jiak ba liao....haiz.

Put in the ziplock bag, then put in the fridge or in room temp?

After seeing pd is ur LO better?

Is common for newborn to sound congested/chesty esp at night (this is what my pd mentioned )cos I also seen nos. Dr regarding this prob...They always checked n said d lung is clear....but my bub wil keep fussing/crying n refused/choked esp wen feeding him...very frustrating cos Dr cant prescribe medi cos too small so just give saline drop n ask to suck out d mucus by using nose bulb....

As he grow older this problem get better cos their windpipe is more develop n etc.... mine till now still sound chesty at times n cough as he trying to clear d mucus in his throat..

If sleeping in air con room. ..try hv a humidifier ( it do help alot) or not just turn off d aircon after room is cool...turn on fan but dont blow directly at bb...

Tsum_tsum... exactly wat u mentioned. Given drop too
Boys are more prone to this as their windpipes are narrower. With the haze coming back, please turn on the air purifier as baby is at home. If baby is wheezing for more than 3 days, please bring back to the PD coz may need nebiliser. Never sit on it coz it might develop into broncholities which can result in admission to hospital when it gets serious.

Back