IVF at KKH

I will be having ER next tues at SGH.. It's my first time.. Is the procedure painful??

You will be sedated. That tm i do ER im sedated at 12.14pm and woke up at ard 1.30pm. Nurse say i will start to feel pain at abdominal area ard evening tm. She say just standby panadol. But i can tolerate the pain. Just note to have total rest after ER..

@shirleyadele oh ok. Not too late. Mine was Sat 12midnight! I got it at upper left butt. Done standing somemore. o_O For 2 nights i cant slp on my left. I forget i can put heat to help relax the muscle. My chiropractor just confirm can use heat. On the injection part. So hope it helps. Good luck with everything! Baby dust to you...

@shirleyadele oh ok. Not too late. Mine was Sat 12midnight! I got it at upper left butt. Done standing somemore. o_O For 2 nights i cant slp on my left. I forget i can put heat to help relax the muscle. My chiropractor just confirm can use heat. On the injection part. So hope it helps. Good luck with everything! Baby dust to you...
Thanks!! The nurse told me to inject at the abdomen area..

Just had ER this morning. Do u ladies feel giddy and vomit a few hours after ER?? There's also this cold feeling in the throat that makes me uncomfortable..

Just had ER this morning. Do u ladies feel giddy and vomit a few hours after ER?? There's also this cold feeling in the throat that makes me uncomfortable..
I didn't feel giddiness and vomiting when I did ER last time. Just a bit pain before ER. How many eggs do u have ? Rest well before ET.

I just did my ET and now on crinone progesterone inserts. Wanted to ask if any of you experience discharge with small brown clumps when using crinone? Is it normal? Been using it for 3 days already. Sorry if TMI..

Has anyone gone through the frozen cycle before? Say if the fresh cycle fails in Aug (mense comes), does the frozen cycle start when the next mense comes (ie in Sep)? Do we call KKH when the mense comes? Will there be any injection or medicine to be taken? Roughly when will be the ET?

Hi... Been a while since im here due to my cancelled 1st cycle. Currently on 2nd cycle. Doc is starting me on gonal f 450. But ive been having terrible headaches, more like migraines every night, and abdominal cramp like a menstrual cramp syndrome. Have any of you encounter this before?

Thanks

I just did my ET and now on crinone progesterone inserts. Wanted to ask if any of you experience discharge with small brown clumps when using crinone? Is it normal? Been using it for 3 days already. Sorry if TMI..
Hi faith, yes will have some pink or brown discharge. I also did have some discharge last time. U need to walk walk a while after putting crinone. So that it will not clump much inside.

Has anyone gone through the frozen cycle before? Say if the fresh cycle fails in Aug (mense comes), does the frozen cycle start when the next mense comes (ie in Sep)? Do we call KKH when the mense comes? Will there be any injection or medicine to be taken? Roughly when will be the ET?
Hi for frozen cycle, doc mentioned to me before that no need injections. For the timing, u should ask nurse. Normally doc will review on previous cycle and will arrange for next one. If frozen cycle, no need to wait long like fresh cycle.

Hi... Been a while since im here due to my cancelled 1st cycle. Currently on 2nd cycle. Doc is starting me on gonal f 450. But ive been having terrible headaches, more like migraines every night, and abdominal cramp like a menstrual cramp syndrome. Have any of you encounter this before?

Thanks
Hi fafy, I m on 2nd cycle too. I m on menopur 150 dosage. I also have headache and feel unwell. If u still having headaches and pain , better consult to nurse. Maybe u r eggs are growing a lot. By the way why 450? A lot of dosage. How many eggs u having now?

Hi fafy, I m on 2nd cycle too. I m on menopur 150 dosage. I also have headache and feel unwell. If u still having headaches and pain , better consult to nurse. Maybe u r eggs are growing a lot. By the way why 450? A lot of dosage. How many eggs u having now?
@mimi_june im not sure y doc prescibe 450. actually i have 3 injections per day. Before i strt my 2nd cycle in july, doc found a water cyst, so my cycle was cancelled and i was put on a long cycle for lucrin jabs. Which was suppose to shrink n lrevent anymore cyst growing. Thank God it dissapear. And thn was put on gonal f n another jab- i forgot the name. While starting thr jabs i monitor that every day i had this migraine and feel tired. Past 2 days ive been having menstrual symptoms the cramps n backpains. Thts y im kindda worried. Im at kkh today for my 2nd scan, and will definitle ask doc .

Hi for frozen cycle, doc mentioned to me before that no need injections. For the timing, u should ask nurse. Normally doc will review on previous cycle and will arrange for next one. If frozen cycle, no need to wait long like fresh cycle.
I though there are 2 types of FET, natural FET and medicated FET?

Hi faith, yes will have some pink or brown discharge. I also did have some discharge last time. U need to walk walk a while after putting crinone. So that it will not clump much inside.

Dear @mimi_june , thanks so much for sharing your experience and all the best for your 2nd cycle! I'm now currently on my 2ww, and it's about 5dp2dt, been feeling cramps similar to those prior to my period, and my period is supposed to come in a couple of days if based on my natural cycle so kind of freaking out. Been getting a lot of discharge as well, as if my period is coming, but hoping it's just the excess crinone.

@Fafy , hope you'll feel better soon! Take care!

Dear @mimi_june , thanks so much for sharing your experience and all the best for your 2nd cycle! I'm now currently on my 2ww, and it's about 5dp2dt, been feeling cramps similar to those prior to my period, and my period is supposed to come in a couple of days if based on my natural cycle so kind of freaking out. Been getting a lot of discharge as well, as if my period is coming, but hoping it's just the excess crinone.

Hi @Faith05 thank u dear.. I wish u all the best :)

@mimi_june im not sure y doc prescibe 450. actually i have 3 injections per day. Before i strt my 2nd cycle in july, doc found a water cyst, so my cycle was cancelled and i was put on a long cycle for lucrin jabs. Which was suppose to shrink n lrevent anymore cyst growing. Thank God it dissapear. And thn was put on gonal f n another jab- i forgot the name. While starting thr jabs i monitor that every day i had this migraine and feel tired. Past 2 days ive been having menstrual symptoms the cramps n backpains. Thts y im kindda worried. Im at kkh today for my 2nd scan, and will definitle ask doc .

@mimi_june I asked the doc earlier, she say its ok to have the headaches - and also the abddominal pains are due to the ovaries gettin bigger
Anyway, there are 5 eggs one the right, and left 3 eggs.

Hi ladies.. I'm currently on my 2ww.. Does anyone stay home and did not go out at all?? Does anyone experience any menstration cramps during 2ww??

Hi ladies.. I'm currently on my 2ww.. Does anyone stay home and did not go out at all?? Does anyone experience any menstration cramps during 2ww??

@shirleyadele, ya, I have been experiencing cramps quite regularly so far, hope that's normal..
I still go out to meet my family and friends, think shouldn't just coop up at home. Personally, I think it's good to go out to walk walk to destress and get blood circulating but nothing too strenuous.

@shirleyadele, ya, I have been experiencing cramps quite regularly so far, hope that's normal..
I still go out to meet my family and friends, think shouldn't just coop up at home. Personally, I think it's good to go out to walk walk to destress and get blood circulating but nothing too strenuous.
Thanks!! I thought I walked too much.. Heehee

@mimi_june I asked the doc earlier, she say its ok to have the headaches - and also the abddominal pains are due to the ovaries gettin bigger
Anyway, there are 5 eggs one the right, and left 3 eggs.
Hi fafy, I will go bk kkh only this Friday. This cycle they never ask me to come bk so often. Maybe cos of different medicine I guess. Ur eggs are good amount for ivf. Hope all can grow well and fertilize. Did they give u any med for headache?

Hi faith, if implantation happens, u still will feel some cramps. So no need to worry and just think positive. Since we tried our best, the result will also be the best for us. U can say more prayers. Fighting!!

Hi fafy, I will go bk kkh only this Friday. This cycle they never ask me to come bk so often. Maybe cos of different medicine I guess. Ur eggs are good amount for ivf. Hope all can grow well and fertilize. Did they give u any med for headache?
Hi mimi, i hope so that the eggs are good- crossing my fingers No meds for the headache- just take panadols

I'm worried this post is too personal or TMI, so please let me apologise in advance. I just woke up from a spontaneous orgasm in my sleep, the 2nd time this happened in my 2ww. The cramps that followed were horrible and lasted for abt 5 min before it subsided. I'm so worried it will affect implantation and any chance of success for this cycle.

I'm not sure if this is cos of the increased progesterone in my system, and to be honest, I'm really frustrated it happened because of all the articles I've read saying no sex and orgasms before pregnancy test, but it's something beyond my control.

Is it normal? Has anyone had a similar situation and went on to get BFP?

Thank you in advance!

I'm worried this post is too personal or TMI, so please let me apologise in advance. I just woke up from a spontaneous orgasm in my sleep, the 2nd time this happened in my 2ww. The cramps that followed were horrible and lasted for abt 5 min before it subsided. I'm so worried it will affect implantation and any chance of success for this cycle.

I'm not sure if this is cos of the increased progesterone in my system, and to be honest, I'm really frustrated it happened because of all the articles I've read saying no sex and orgasms before pregnancy test, but it's something beyond my control.

Is it normal? Has anyone had a similar situation and went on to get BFP?

Thank you in advance!
Hi faith, how many days now after ur embryo transfer? If already few days, what can implant alr implanted. So no need to worry much. And u dont have control over happened in ur dreams. So pls don't worry. I know ur worries cos I also the type that keep worrying but we can't control these things either dreams or implantation. Eat what u like to eat and try to relax. Do sth u like. Watch drama movies . Talk to ur friends. All the best

Hi sorry for late reply. I no idea what u mean by medicated FET? U mean sperm injected to each egg?

Medicated FET is that have to do the jabs for ovulation, this is mostly for ppl who have in-regular mens..
There is no jabs for natural FET, just have to go down for scanning and ET when the lining is good and ovulation occurred

Hi faith, how many days now after ur embryo transfer? If already few days, what can implant alr implanted. So no need to worry much. And u dont have control over happened in ur dreams. So pls don't worry. I know ur worries cos I also the type that keep worrying but we can't control these things either dreams or implantation. Eat what u like to eat and try to relax. Do sth u like. Watch drama movies . Talk to ur friends. All the best

Thanks again, @mimi_june! I'm really a kan cheong spider... The cramps were quite jia lat after, so got pretty upset, then googled and read that some ladies get it due to the increased progesterone.

I'm currently 8dp2dt.. To be honest, the self-injections, scans, ER and ET were personally for me manageable and I'm blessed that all went on smoothly; it's the 2ww that is really torture.. Haha. I tend to over-analyse every cramp, pull, discharge that I've experienced, but you are right, we have little control over certain things. Just got to keep praying and remain positive :)

Hi, can I check are husbands allowed to be by the Wife during IVF or IUI procedures at KK pls? I'm terrified of pain and would need the support of my Husband. Thank you.

Hi, can I check are husbands allowed to be by the Wife during IVF or IUI procedures at KK pls? I'm terrified of pain and would need the support of my Husband. Thank you.
Hi @Lapin,
I'm not sure about IUI but for IVF, your hubby can follow you for your blood tests and ET procedure, for the rest, the ladies will have to do it alone.

Don't worry, you will be fine! My hubby followed me for the 1st IVF scan appointment and all he did was follow me to get my meds and sat through the session where the nurse taught me how to self-administer the injections. After that, I told him no need to follow unless it's on a Sat or if he's needed.

The nurses and docs I have encountered at KKH so far are all very nice and made me feel at ease each time I'm there :) so even if your hubby is not in the room with you, just let them know if you are uncomfortable and they will be more gentle and assuring :)

Hi @Lapin,
I'm not sure about IUI but for IVF, your hubby can follow you for your blood tests and ET procedure, for the rest, the ladies will have to do it alone.

Don't worry, you will be fine! My hubby followed me for the 1st IVF scan appointment and all he did was follow me to get my meds and sat through the session where the nurse taught me how to self-administer the injections. After that, I told him no need to follow unless it's on a Sat or if he's needed.

The nurses and docs I have encountered at KKH so far are all very nice and made me feel at ease each time I'm there :) so even if your hubby is not in the room with you, just let them know if you are uncomfortable and they will be more gentle and assuring :)

Thank you Faith for your reply, really appreciate it a lot. Your reply is re-assuring. Which dr are u seeing in KKH, would u recommend that doc? Im currently doing my first cycle of IUI at SGH but there they are very insistent hubby cannot be around for any procedures - which to me is quite daunting. Hope this round of IUI would be a success. Doing the IUI procedure tomorrow morning (day12), given the HcG injection this morning. Egg seems decent (19.5mm) size but hopefully lining of 6.5mm isn't too thin. Praying hard.

Thank you once again.

Thank you Faith for your reply, really appreciate it a lot. Your reply is re-assuring. Which dr are u seeing in KKH, would u recommend that doc? Im currently doing my first cycle of IUI at SGH but there they are very insistent hubby cannot be around for any procedures - which to me is quite daunting. Hope this round of IUI would be a success. Doing the IUI procedure tomorrow morning (day12), given the HcG injection this morning. Egg seems decent (19.5mm) size but hopefully lining of 6.5mm isn't too thin. Praying hard.

Thank you once again.

No worries! It has been assuring for me reading the posts from the forum too so I'm happy to share wherever I can :)

Good luck for your procedure tomorrow! You'll do great :) You may want to try red bean soup, heard it's good for thickening the lining.

My doc at KKH is Dr Tan Heng Hao :) I really like him a lot and you'll read a lot of good things about him from the forums. He's very popular hence waiting time can be long too, I remember once I had to wait close to 3 hours just for him to review my scan results.. But the waiting time can be rather long at KKH in general.

Have a good night's rest tonight and all the best tomorrow!

No worries! It has been assuring for me reading the posts from the forum too so I'm happy to share wherever I can :)

Good luck for your procedure tomorrow! You'll do great :) You may want to try red bean soup, heard it's good for thickening the lining.

My doc at KKH is Dr Tan Heng Hao :) I really like him a lot and you'll read a lot of good things about him from the forums. He's very popular hence waiting time can be long too, I remember once I had to wait close to 3 hours just for him to review my scan results.. But the waiting time can be rather long at KKH in general.

Have a good night's rest tonight and all the best tomorrow!

Thank you so much Faith for your words of encouragement and for the details! :))

Medicated FET is that have to do the jabs for ovulation, this is mostly for ppl who have in-regular mens..
There is no jabs for natural FET, just have to go down for scanning and ET when the lining is good and ovulation occurred
Hi bbdust81, both iui and ivf from kkh are medicated. Both need injections. Have u seen doc yet? If natural FET, u will not get much egg for transfer. So why need to suffer for one or 2 eggs in Egg retrival.

Hi there, does anyone know if there is any ER scheduled on Saturday? I just realised that based on the usual ovulation calculator, it would fall 2 days before the public holiday on Monday. if ER is done on friday, the next avail date for transfer will be tuesday which might be too far away? is ER done by the Dr you are under, or by any doctor that is on schedule since the case is always reviewed by the team drs? and lastly, is it advisable to take immunocal during stim? where do you ladies buy immunocal?
thanks in advance!

Hi bbdust81, both iui and ivf from kkh are medicated. Both need injections. Have u seen doc yet? If natural FET, u will not get much egg for transfer. So why need to suffer for one or 2 eggs in Egg retrival.
For fresh IVF cycle, yes, stimulation Jabs is needed. But for fet (frozen embryo transfer), it is using the balance embryos (if any) from a fresh cycle thus whether it is medicated or natural, no stimulation jabs is needed. There will be no ER only ET. I have not done medicated fet so not very sure how it works... but think doctor will prescribe oral medication to induce ovulation? For natural fet, no medication, just need to go down for scan and once lining is thick enough and ovulation tested positive, ET will be schedule.

For fresh IVF cycle, yes, stimulation Jabs is needed. But for fet (frozen embryo transfer), it is using the balance embryos (if any) from a fresh cycle thus whether it is medicated or natural, no stimulation jabs is needed. There will be no ER only ET. I have not done medicated fet so not very sure how it works... but think doctor will prescribe oral medication to induce ovulation? For natural fet, no medication, just need to go down for scan and once lining is thick enough and ovulation tested positive, ET will be schedule.
Hi I understood what u mean. U are explaining fresh and frozen cycle. Bbdust was asking for fresh cycle. And she said there are 2 types of fresh cycles - natural and medicated. That's why I m saying fresh cycles are normally medicated. Only frozen cycles are not. I didn't know about natural FET in kkh.

Hi I understood what u mean. U are explaining fresh and frozen cycle. Bbdust was asking for fresh cycle. And she said there are 2 types of fresh cycles - natural and medicated. That's why I m saying fresh cycles are normally medicated. Only frozen cycles are not. I didn't know about natural FET in kkh.
Lolx... perhaps I misread. Only saw the word natural fet so I thought u are talking about fet!

Hi mimi, i hope so that the eggs are good- crossing my fingers No meds for the headache- just take panadols
Hi @mimi_june just did my ET on Mon...there were 4 eggs fertilised, so i put in 2 eggs and the other 2 frozen. now on patiently on my 2ww..

Back